PDA

View Full Version : HELP WANTED- COACHING

BBALL56HACKER
06-25-2006, 03:15 PM
My opion the PACERS need some new blood on the coaching staff. Iwould like to see MARK JACKSON given a shot.http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif If he could transfer his leadership that he had on the floor to coaching he could be a big help. What a better person to work with the point guards. (he could end up making a good head coach sometime);). Has he ever said if he did not want anything to do with coaching??

Kegboy
06-25-2006, 03:18 PM
The same Mark Jackson who said that Dirk will be better than Bird, Kobe is better than MJ, Grant Hill was better than Dr. J, and Avery Johnson is a better coach than Pat Riley?

If that's the Mark Jackson you're talking about, he's on the record that an assistant job is beneath him.

Young
06-25-2006, 03:41 PM
I can't disagree that we could use some new blood in coaching but I don't know that Mark Jackson is the guy.

I know it's kind of werid reasons, but for the reasons Kegboy mentioned above I don't know that Mark Jackson is the guy but i'd still probably give him a chance, he just wouldn't be my first choice.

pizza guy
06-25-2006, 05:03 PM
I loved Mark as a player, and would like to have him as an assisstant. But, if he doesn't want anything other than a head coaching job, forget it. IMO, we need some one that has experience and a good feel for the job because there's enough uncertaintity amongst the players.

vapacersfan
06-25-2006, 05:25 PM
I always like Jackson, and even though some people take it as their duty to bash the man whenever his name comes up, I always liked his game, the fact he seemed to enjoy himself, and he always carried himself in a very professional way. Not to mention he was a decent baller.

With that said, I would have no problem with him as a assistant coach, that is as long as God allows him to ;)

pizza guy
06-25-2006, 11:22 PM
I always like Jackson, and even though some people take it as their duty to bash the man whenever his name comes up, I always liked his game, the fact he seemed to enjoy himself, and he always carried himself in a very professional way. Not to mention he was a decent baller.

With that said, I would have no problem with him as a assistant coach, that is as long as God allows him to ;)

I opened this thread and clicked "view first unread." But, I'm talking on the phone and in the time that it took to get to this post, I had forgotten what thread I was in. So, when I read 'Jackson' I thought of Stephen first. The line "...he always carried himself in a very professional way" really threw me off. Then, I finally got to the assistant coach part, I remembered what this thread was, and about fell over laughing.