PDA

View Full Version : Bird on Ch8 now "Inside Ind. Business" 11am Sunday

aceace
06-25-2006, 11:25 AM
Probably nothing new, but he's going to be on.

Talking about 17th pick. Best player available Bird says.
Looking at number of players according to who falls.
Talking about making moves before the draft so they could better address a need in the draft. No names mentioned.
Are Pacers at critical junction. Bird says no one more disappointed then him. (tell that to PD)

Bird will discuss next week (same time) about coaching and returning to the bench. Thats it folks.

Bball
06-25-2006, 11:48 AM
He did say they might have to take a step back.

I realize for some that is just acknowledging the obvious but I don't think any of TPTB has been quoted on that before.

I guess when you are coming off a season where you thought the team could compete for a championship and it turned into anything but that type of cohesive team, you pretty much know the curtain is closing.

-Bball

FrenchConnection
06-25-2006, 01:10 PM
He did say they might have to take a step back.

I realize for some that is just acknowleding the obvious but I don't think any of TPTB has been quoted on that before.

I guess when you are coming off a season where you thought the team could compete for a championship and it turned into anything but that type of cohesive team, you pretty much know the curtain is closing.

-Bball

Fine, I just hope that they don't have to take two steps back into Hawks territory. It's hard to get out of that, especially if it results in a culture of losing.

tadscout
06-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Talking about making moves before the draft so they could better address a need in the draft. No names mentioned.

I really like hearing that... Maybe we're trying to trade up/ trading away Jackson and Tinsley...

ESutt7
06-25-2006, 02:03 PM
I really like hearing that... Maybe we're trying to trade up/ trading away Jackson and Tinsley...

Ah...my dream come true! Haha, I hope we get this player that Bird loves. I think he has a good eye for talent. Sarunas didn't work out, but Pierce, Gordon, Granger, and Harrison if he got the minutes have. I trust his draft judgement.

Don't like hearing the "step back" comment. They were saying 2 weeks ago that we weren't that far off from being contenders again, which made me think we could retool and be extremely competitive this year. Hoping we're keeping Jermaine around...trading him would be one huge step back IMO.

BBALL56HACKER
06-25-2006, 03:03 PM
The book is still out on SAR. Like L.B. said at end of the season he was brought in to play the point and did not get much time there. Need to give a full season at point first. Like what was said - L.B. does seem to have an eye for talent!

Will Galen
06-25-2006, 03:27 PM
If Bird is now talking about taking a step back I imagine it's because he's decided to disrupt the core. I think he's going to try to trade some of our points to nab a point in the draft.

tadscout
06-25-2006, 03:49 PM
If Bird is now talking about taking a step back I imagine it's because he's decided to disrupt the core. I think he's going to try to trade some of our points to nab a point in the draft.

Yeah I think the step back in his eye, is us trading core players like Jackson and Tinsley for draft picks... or so I hope...

Robertmto
06-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Yeah I think the step back in his eye, is us trading core players like Jackson and Tinsley for draft picks... or so I hope...

Almost everyone here does.

tadscout
06-25-2006, 03:56 PM
Almost everyone here does.

Lets just hope LB and DW want to as well...

indygeezer
06-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Not sure where to put this. I didn't wanna start another thread for just any ol' thing:

From NBADRAFT.NET (There are other toggles at the top of the page ya know)

A sleeper...

Sleeper Alert

Providence point guard Donnie McGrath was not invited to any of the predraft camps, but has had some excellent workouts for teams. McGrath has matched up against a number of projected first rounders and held his own, even outperforming a few of them. Some of those players include Maurice Ager, Mike Ganzey, Ronnie Brewer, Darius Washington and Guillermo Diaz. McGrath earned Second Team All Big East in maybe the top conference in the nation.

If McGrath goes undrafted, he'll have a shot to make a team as a true point guard with size, leadership and shooting abilities. He lacks stand out athleticism, but has shown the ability to defend quicker players in workouts.