PDA

View Full Version : NBATV starts showing classic drafts 11:30 Sunday night

Unclebuck
06-24-2006, 10:06 AM
They start with 1981, highlighted by Isiah Thomas and Mark Aguirre.

Always a lot of fun to re-live some of the drafts.

Skaut_Ech
06-24-2006, 11:02 AM
I went to the draft when it was held in Indy back in '94. Man was it BORING to sit there. I guess part of it is that I wasn't rooting for anyone. I wasn't a Glenn Robinson fan, so him getting picked didn't excite me. I wasn't too keen on Montross. I think Kidd was the only pick that interested me. I think I left befoe the first round was over.

That being said, I think this year's draft is way more interesting than that one was. Once again, I wish I had NBATV

SoupIsGood
06-24-2006, 11:46 PM
Didn't K provide some commentary to these last year? That was classic

Kstat
06-24-2006, 11:52 PM
Didn't K provide some commentary to these last year? That was classic

I'll find it and bump it for you.

I missed half the drafts because of work. I'm especially mad I missed 1986. I could have gotten at least 5 pages out of that draft alone.

I'm so mad that I took all of monday off so I could watch it.

Well, actually, I didn't things just worked out that way....

I'll definately be recording the ones I didnt record last year, and thus I'll probably add some commentary of my own here....

CableKC
06-25-2006, 03:18 AM
You mean we get to re-live the drafts where we get to see the Pacers pass up on several players that could have made a difference? I can't wait for the one where we drafted Bender :zip:

Gyron
06-27-2006, 10:21 AM
You mean we get to re-live the drafts where we get to see the Pacers pass up on several players that could have made a difference? I can't wait for the one where we drafted Bender :zip:

Technically, We didn't draft Bender Did we?

Didn't Toronto Draft Bender?

Chauncey
06-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Technically, We didn't draft Bender Did we?

Didn't Toronto Draft Bender?

Technically they did, but the deal was made before the pick and Toronto picked him because the Pacers told them to.

Unclebuck
06-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Pacers select Wayman Tisdale and the MSA crowd goes bananas. George Irvine just said the Pacers choose Wayman over Benoit.

The guy interviewing Irvine just said the pacers are on the verge of something big

Jermaniac
06-27-2006, 12:30 PM
When Jermaine's draft come on?

ChicagoJ
06-27-2006, 12:30 PM
George wasn't the brightest basketball mind, was he?

I'd rather re-read Bill Simmons' annual draft reviews than re-watch the drafts themselves. :zip:

317Kim
06-27-2006, 12:35 PM

1996, 17th pick. :D

Jermaniac
06-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Yeah I know that but what time is it on NBATv

SoupIsGood
06-27-2006, 12:40 PM
I just looked through the schedule and did not see the 96 draft anywhere.

Slick Pinkham
06-27-2006, 12:49 PM

I think it is on at 3PM, 7PM, and 1 AM every day on the Jermaine O'Neal channel.

That's part of a new direct TV package. One channel for each of the 40 guys who consider themselves top 10 players.

;)

Unclebuck
06-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Blab was just taken right after Bill Wennington, Joe Kline, Jon Kancak. Wow talk about a bunch of white stiffs. Wathcing these drafts and then seeing how they mostly bombed is the reason why I don't like drafting white stiffs today.

All those players taken before Dumars

Kstat
06-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Blab was just taken right after Bill Wennington, Joe Kline, Jon Kancak. Wow talk about a bunch of white stiffs. Wathcing these drafts and then seeing how they mostly bombed is the reason why I don't like drafting white stiffs today.

All those players taken before Dumars

The Mavs had guarenteed Dumars they would draft him, but Blab slipped, so they decided to take him instead.