PDA

View Full Version : Your off season wish list

Young
06-24-2006, 01:33 AM
Lets have your off season wish list. Here is mine:

- Draft
Just take the best player avaliable. If we can move up, great, but if not just get the best you can. Obviously we probably won't be draft a big man in this case, which is fine because i'm not to big on any bigs in this draft unless it's Aldrige or Bargnani. I don't care if it's Rando, Thabo, Morrison, Brewer, etc just get the best player avaliable. Also, I like our trend of getting players with college experience. I like guys with 3 or 4 years of college experience in this draft the best.

- Tinsley/Jackson gone.
Get these 2 out of here, please. Tinsley is injury prone and Jackson isn't liked. We have some huge problems in the backcourt including leadership, defense, and consistancy. They have the talent, it just hasn't got done. I don't really care to much who we get, just get something useful.

- Get a new coach.
I like Rick. I said before we won't get a more talented coach, but I just think that this team needs a change. Rick has done a damn good job and he should be thanked by many for what he has put up with the past 2 seasons but it's time to switch. He lost the team, get a new coach. I hate it because Rick is a very good coach, but like I said he lost the team.

- Re-sign Peja (if we keep JO)
I love Peja's game, he is one of my favorites but he is injury prone and he will cost us a good amount of money for probably like 5 years. I have a feeling though that we keep JO, and re-sign Peja so I figure I might as well be happy with it. I like Peja, I just don't want to overpay him.

- Re-sign Fred Jones
I still remember his big game against the Magic I think it was right after the brawl. That showed a lot about Fred, IMO. Fred is a solid player. Lets keep him. I don't know that we can afford to since we couldn't even afford James Jones last summer, but it would be nice to have Freddie back. We are likely to have a few new faces on the team next year, i'd like to keep Freddie around. I don't expect him to be here though, but oh well i'll live.

Robertmto
06-24-2006, 01:37 AM
-Re-sign Jared Jeffries

-Deal Jarvs Hayes/Brendan Haywwod/Antonio Daniels
I want us to draft a center to start and trade those 3 for a back u small forward and point guard.

-Extend Eddie Jordan's contract

Roy Munson
06-24-2006, 12:14 PM
- Re-sign Fred Jones
I still remember his big game against the Magic I think it was right after the brawl. That showed a lot about Fred, IMO. Fred is a solid player. Lets keep him. I don't know that we can afford to since we couldn't even afford James Jones last summer, but it would be nice to have Freddie back. We are likely to have a few new faces on the team next year, i'd like to keep Freddie around. I don't expect him to be here though, but oh well i'll live.

I don't expect Freddy to be a Pacer next season, although the fact that Carlisle is still coaching the team slightly increases the likelihood of retaining Freddy.

rm1369
06-24-2006, 02:11 PM
Lets have your off season wish list. Here is mine:

- Draft
Just take the best player avaliable. If we can move up, great, but if not just get the best you can. Obviously we probably won't be draft a big man in this case, which is fine because i'm not to big on any bigs in this draft unless it's Aldrige or Bargnani. I don't care if it's Rando, Thabo, Morrison, Brewer, etc just get the best player avaliable. Also, I like our trend of getting players with college experience. I like guys with 3 or 4 years of college experience in this draft the best.

- Tinsley/Jackson gone.
Get these 2 out of here, please. Tinsley is injury prone and Jackson isn't liked. We have some huge problems in the backcourt including leadership, defense, and consistancy. They have the talent, it just hasn't got done. I don't really care to much who we get, just get something useful.

- Get a new coach.
I like Rick. I said before we won't get a more talented coach, but I just think that this team needs a change. Rick has done a damn good job and he should be thanked by many for what he has put up with the past 2 seasons but it's time to switch. He lost the team, get a new coach. I hate it because Rick is a very good coach, but like I said he lost the team.

- Re-sign Peja (if we keep JO)
I love Peja's game, he is one of my favorites but he is injury prone and he will cost us a good amount of money for probably like 5 years. I have a feeling though that we keep JO, and re-sign Peja so I figure I might as well be happy with it. I like Peja, I just don't want to overpay him.

- Re-sign Fred Jones

Other than replacing Carlisle, your wish list is almost my nightmare. I don't necessarily have a problem with any individual part of it, it's just where that leaves us long term. Losing talent when trading S-Jax and Tinsley puts us as a mediocre team getting mediocre draft picks. We will be over the cap and will not be able to get anything more than mediocre talent with the MLE.

My fear is that TPTB will field a team team next year long on chartacter and short on talent, and the fans will except it because they play hard. If you added another white shooter or two most averages fans would love the "makeover", IMO.

I've came to the conclusion the team should be blown up, not made over. Keep Granger and Harrison and move JO, Tins, and S-Jax for expiring contracts, draft picks, and / or young talent. Basically start over from scratch. That is my wish for the off season.

The only other exceptable option to me is to role the dice on someone else's problem - Franchise, AI, etc. It would be a tough sell to most fans, but I'd rather take the risk than settle for being mediocre, but likable. I think that is what you end up with unless you do something drastic.

circlecitysportsfan
06-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Get rid of: Tinsley, Jackson, injury bug.

Draft: I like Rondo

Trade for: Guys with heart...anti Peja type guys....

pizza guy
06-26-2006, 12:02 AM
Trade: JTins, SJax, Freddie (S&T), maybe AJ
Draft: hopefully move up and acquire a slashing scorer, not just a shooter
Acquire: a good backup 5 to play behind Hulk and allow Foster to play behind JO instead of beside him
Fix Carlisle's coaching style - whether it be by firing, new assistants, new players, whatever, something needs to change