PDA

View Full Version : GuarenSHAQ: "We will do it again next year...yeah I said it"

Kstat
06-23-2006, 11:07 PM
Basically Shaq's quote from today's parade in Miami...

In case anybody didn't hear him, he said it like 5 times in a row to get his point across.

BoomBaby31
06-23-2006, 11:14 PM
******* Shaq, Payton, Mourning, Haslem, Posey, J Will, Walker and the Rest of the *******ing Miami Heat. Oh and Pat Riley suck a D**K. They won't do it, they got lucky this year and the refs aren't going to give them next year like they did this year.

Los Angeles
06-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Yawn.

:unimpress

Robertmto
06-24-2006, 01:39 AM
No they won't...yeah I said it!

Fireball Kid
06-24-2006, 01:41 AM
Phoenix, Dallas or San Antonio will win it all next year. Yeah, I said it.

grace
06-24-2006, 01:44 AM
I don't care. There, I said it.

N8R
06-24-2006, 01:52 AM
They wont do it again sorry to say. New York will be 07 Champs

Steve McQueen
06-24-2006, 04:25 AM
Who's going to stop them? They're clearly the favorties.

Big Smooth
06-24-2006, 05:05 AM
Who's going to stop them? They're clearly the favorties.

I think Detroit, Dallas and San Antonio will all return as legit title contenders next season. So yeah, Miami will definitely be in good shape to take a shot at the repeat but at the same time, I don't see them as an overwhelming favorite.

It wasn't like Dallas got completely blown out of the water. The Mavs simply lacked the mental toughness to finish what they started.

Lord Helmet
06-24-2006, 05:14 AM
I believe the contenders for next year will be: Detroit, Dallas, San Antonio, Phoenix, Miami.

RON ARTEST
06-24-2006, 05:19 AM
I believe the contenders for next year will be: Detroit, Dallas, San Antonio, Phoenix, Miami.until the suns play some defense they arent winning anything.

Lord Helmet
06-24-2006, 05:55 AM
until the suns play some defense they arent winning anything.
If the Miami Heat can win with the team they had, the Phoenix Suns can at least make a Finals appearance....

bulletproof
06-24-2006, 07:31 AM
I like our chances against the Heat.

Unclebuck
06-24-2006, 07:58 AM
GuarenSHEED - yes. It has a certain ring to it

GuarenSHAQ - No. it just sounds stupid, what's next GuarenDIRK

D-BONE
06-24-2006, 08:16 AM
GuarenSHEED - yes. It has a certain ring to it

GuarenSHAQ - No. it just sounds stupid, what's next GuarenDIRK

Nice, UB!

How about our chances of obtaining Marquis Daniels? GuaranQUIS.

Enough silliness, I hate Shaq!!! Riley should be on Dance Fever (or some contemporary equivalent) after his performance at the victory parade yesterday though.

Suaveness
06-24-2006, 10:14 AM
:gopacers:

Hicks
06-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Miami's an extremely beatable champion. Detroit and Dallas both should have beaten them, and given a second chance, almost certainly will if all rosters are essentially the same. If we get our act together right away, I'm not scared of them from our POV either.

Trader Joe
06-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Shaq is gonna be fat, lazy, and overpaid for the next 4 years. Yeah I said it.

Sollozzo
06-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Shaq's just lucky DWADE bailed him out with one of the best finals performacnes in history.

Shaq did nothing from an offensive end. A solid center? Of course, but definitely not what we have seen his whole career. If Wade doesn't play out of his mind, and Miami loses the series, all you would be hearing in the media is how Shaq is washed up and wasn't able to deliver the promise of a title.

Shaq was outscored 83-82 by Antoine Walker in the series. Shaq used to be able to almost get 82 points in 2 combined finals games.

grace
06-24-2006, 12:53 PM
I think Detroit, Dallas and San Antonio will all return as legit title contenders next season.

With Flip as their coach? Sure they'll win in the regular season, but they certainly seemed to have their heads up their butts in the playoffs.

Kstat
06-24-2006, 01:49 PM
With Flip as their coach? Sure they'll win in the regular season, but they certainly seemed to have their heads up their butts in the playoffs.

So did the Spurs. Doesn't mean they won't be back next year.

Also, I guarentee Dumars improves the roster during this summer.

I also think the Pistons will have that hunger again that they seemed to lack the last 2 years.

Not saying they'll win it all, but I do think they have to be considered contenders.

BoomBaby31
06-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Phoenix, Dallas or San Antonio will win it all next year. Yeah, I said it.

If Dallas didn't clear out San Antonio for the Heat then they wouldn't of won this year. Dallas got lucky vs. SA next year they won't be as lucky. SA would of killed the heat this year.

rabid
06-24-2006, 02:33 PM
Geez, guys. Shaq said that in front of thousands of screaming home fans after the NBA champion VICTORY PARADE. You're surprised that he told the fans they're going to win it again next year?

Why is this a problem? I mean... what the **** do you expect him to say? "Yeah guys, um, we might win next year, but this was kind of a fluke, so don't get your hopes up?"

circlecitysportsfan
06-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Geez, guys. Shaq said that in front of thousands of screaming home fans after the NBA champion VICTORY PARADE. You're surprised that he told the fans they're going to win it again next year?

Why is this a problem? I mean... what the **** do you expect him to say? "Yeah guys, um, we might win next year, but this was kind of a fluke, so don't get your hopes up?"

Word. We just a bunch of mad doggies.

Robertmto
06-24-2006, 03:46 PM
I just want to say yeah i said it again. yeah i said that.

Fireball Kid
06-24-2006, 06:30 PM
If Dallas didn't clear out San Antonio for the Heat then they wouldn't of won this year. Dallas got lucky vs. SA next year they won't be as lucky. SA would of killed the heat this year.

Lucky? If anything, San Antonio got lucky that Dallas didn't sweep them in that series. Dallas was the better team. Get over it.

larry
06-24-2006, 10:36 PM
#1 Heat
#2 Mavs
#3 Spurs
#4 Pistons

I don't think any others have a reasonable chance to win it all.
Dallas will be a tough out if they keep the exact same team.
You have to wonder what will become of Walker, Payton, & Mourning now that they have a ring.

Dallas was better in the series. They looked better. if they same teams play again next year Dallas will get by the Spurs easier. That's if they both keep the same guys. Dallas made that series a little loser than they should have.
They are better, flat out!!

SamBear
06-25-2006, 03:17 PM

Lucky = refs help.... :rolleyes:

Yep the Spurs will be back... yeah I said it!

Robertmto
06-25-2006, 03:53 PM
The Heat will win less games next year and won't make it into the Finals either. Yeah i said it.

Shade
06-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Don't virtually all championship teams make this claim?

Means nothing.