PDA

View Full Version : Chad Ford's Mock Draft

OakMoses
06-22-2006, 11:59 PM
Hilton Armstrong?

Is this like a worst case scenario mock draft? It's hard for me to think of a player I'd less like the Pacers to draft except for maybe Josh Boone. If the Pacers are going to draft another post player they need someone who can score. It would be great if they could hit a 10 ft. jump shot or had some post moves. This team has not had a legit threat to score from the post other than JO since Al left. When JO was out Carlisle had Stephen Jackson posting guys up.

Young
06-23-2006, 12:03 AM
Outside of Aldrige and Bargnani, there are no big man that I like unless you are talking about the ones we could get in the second round. If we pick Hilton Armstrong, i'm going to be pissed. Nothing against Armstrong, it's not that I don't like the guy because I don't know anything about him really, it's just that I don't think he would help us all that much and I think we need a guard more than anything.

tadscout
06-23-2006, 12:06 AM
Ummm, Hilton Armstrong to us in Ford's Mock Drafts was a like in the Mock 2 version, I think... so you're looking at an old mock draft...

Robertmto
06-23-2006, 03:41 AM
YES!!! HATE HIM!!!! WE WANT HIM!!!! OR SAER...

:)

RWB
06-23-2006, 07:20 AM
With Pollard not re-signed and the Ps possibly looking to move Cro this would be their backup I guess.

wintermute
06-23-2006, 09:22 AM
what's wrong with hilton armstrong? :confused: according to draftexpress, this guy has a jumper at least -

http://draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=380

in fact, they compared him to channing frye.

a big man who i think we can use is shelden williams. we'll have to trade up to get him though. i wouldn't mind staying put at 17 either and grabbing armstrong if he's available.

imo i'd prefer to address the guard problem via trade than through the draft - it's tough to make other teams give up decent big men

Chauncey
06-23-2006, 09:41 AM
A lot tougher to find young big men through free agency/trades than it is the draft. When you have multiple needs, you always draft the big man and then look to FA/Trades for your little fellas.

wintermute
06-23-2006, 09:55 AM
YES!!! HATE HIM!!!! WE WANT HIM!!!! OR SAER...

:)

you sure about saer? he's at least a year from contributing, and that's if he doesn't turn out to be a bender. don't the wiz have another project (peter ramos) on the shelf?

Robertmto
06-24-2006, 04:42 PM
you sure about saer? he's at least a year from contributing, and that's if he doesn't turn out to be a bender. don't the wiz have another project (peter ramos) on the shelf?

PJ Ramos isn't the defensive specimen that Saer is. And Lord Stern knows we need defense.

Young
06-24-2006, 06:11 PM
A lot tougher to find young big men through free agency/trades than it is the draft. When you have multiple needs, you always draft the big man and then look to FA/Trades for your little fellas.

While that is true I think that this draft is much deeper on guards than it is on bigs. We can get a much better guard at 17 than we can a big, IMO. With that in mind, I think we should draft a guard.

Besides that, I think that our backcourt is much more unstable. Getting say Rando would give us a guy who could very well be our point guard for a long time.

Robertmto
06-24-2006, 10:52 PM
While that is true I think that this draft is much deeper on guards than it is on bigs. We can get a much better guard at 17 than we can a big, IMO. With that in mind, I think we should draft a guard.

Besides that, I think that our backcourt is much more unstable. Getting say Rando would give us a guy who could very well be our point guard for a long time.

I think the draft is deep both ways. It may not have amazing players it has plenty of decent role players.

rel
06-24-2006, 11:00 PM
if its a big man we want, i'd say go after cedric simmons...hopefully he falls to us

aceace
06-24-2006, 11:23 PM
If were letting Fred Jones go then we draft a guard for sure. Otherwise we go big

Steve McQueen
06-25-2006, 05:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Ho_dsWHvk&search=saer%20sene

Watch that video, and you'll see why Saer Sene could easily go lotto. If he's available at #17, I'd have no issues with us taking him, although I'm a huge Hulk fan.

pizza guy
06-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Wow, dude can block shots. He's got great quickness in jumping ability, and for a big man looked very fluid in his free throw shots. My concern is if he can box out or not, it looks like he's never had to.