PDA

View Full Version : Just a observation

vapacersfan
06-22-2006, 09:52 PM
First of all I really didnt know where to put this, so I assume that it will get moved to the appropriate place but the right people/peoples.

I have really bit my tounge a lot of this topic as of late because I know I dont have the most credibility with people here, and frankly Im cool with that. I have done enough to make a fool of myself, and while I dont exactly agree with the admin all the time here, I realize most of them are not big fans of mine.

With that said, I have noticed that we are getting a lot of threads asking about inside info and others jumping down others throats and immidiatly mocking anyone who has any information.

It may seem kind of hard to fathem, but some people here do have friend and/or family that works in the front office. Granted some people just make **** up, but people are able to make a track record and we are able to tell who knows what they are talking about.

I have noticed a lot of negative comments on here as of late, and maybe its not all that uncommon for this time of year, but I think it gets kind of old and pathetic.

Guys like DimamondDave00 and Kaufman have been correct more then one time in the past, so I think its kind of dumb to just come in a thread and say "I dont beleive you, what you are saying is BS". It is even a little crazier when you are a new member and you are just coming in with all that, cause honestly it just looks like trolling to me. If nothing else just shoot a PM to Hicks or one of the other admin asking them if a persons credibility really bothers you that much.

Like I said, I dont really have much say in this, but I do think it is a little childish. Not a lecture, just a opinion.

Thanks and as always, Go Pacers.

grace
06-23-2006, 01:45 AM
Well, when I get inside info I'm at least smart enough to keep my mouth shut. You can believe I know secrets or not. But I'm not going to tell.

Robertmto
06-23-2006, 03:21 AM
I'm guessing here, are you talking about this McQueen fellow?

Steve McQueen
06-23-2006, 04:02 AM
I'm not meaning to offend anybody, but after a few years posting at IndyStar and browsing PacersDigest, I just refuse to believe anyone truly has any 'inside information". I think the majority of it is either completely made up by trolls, or is just rumors and speculations that certain people want to turn into their own insiders info.

able
06-23-2006, 04:15 AM
I'm not meaning to offend anybody, but after a few years posting at IndyStar and browsing PacersDigest, I just refuse to believe anyone truly has any 'inside information". I think the majority of it is either completely made up by trolls, or is just rumors and speculations that certain people want to turn into their own insiders info.

Well your "this is B$" answers to "inside" stories is offensive for sure.

Personally I don't really care what you believe in, or what not, if you do not believe a thread or the info in it, skip it, no need to comment.

It is the comments that are known as "trolling" not the start of the thread and I suggest, like Jay before me, that you change that act, because it is tiresome already.

Tim
06-23-2006, 11:17 AM
Well, when I get inside info I'm at least smart enough to keep my mouth shut. You can believe I know secrets or not. But I'm not going to tell.

You know when you make statements like that it just adds to the mystery which is Grace :D .

Gyron
06-23-2006, 11:31 AM

Several of the people who you keep questioning have legitimate sources that have proven very accurate in the past. Give up the act and just don't post if you don't believe them. Some of us do. And some of us would like to continue to see that information coming our direction.

grace
06-23-2006, 01:24 PM

I have a suggestion for you before you do something to get yourself banned. Use the "ignore" feature. It's especially helpful if you think someone is a troll. If you put them on your ignore list you never have to see anything they say. Unless someone quotes them and you're dumb enough to read it. Then you respond and get sucked in all over again. :pissed:

On the other hand, on rare occasions the ignored person might actually have something of value to say. When they get quoted you can cut and paste to quote that and then said ignored person is never really sure if they're on your ignored list or not. :evillaugh

Kegboy
06-24-2006, 08:39 AM
:shhh: