PDA

View Full Version : Pat Riley is a bada$$

Brian
06-22-2006, 02:07 AM
Ok I know alotta people probably dont like Pat Riley but when he was asked "knowing that if you dont win tonight,you have a second chan..." Pat Riley replied "Im not even thinking about it,I packed 1 shirt, 1 suit, and 1 tie".

That was badass,I guess you look for any sort of life from a coach when Rick Carslise has been your teams coach,Now dont get me wrong I love Rick,hope he is with us for years to come.But that was just awesome hearing Pat Riley say that.

BoomBaby31
06-22-2006, 02:24 AM
Ok I know alotta people probably dont like Pat Riley but when he was asked "knowing that if you dont win tonight,you have a second chan..." Pat Riley replied "Im not even thinking about it,I packed 1 shirt, 1 suit, and 1 tie".

That was badass,I guess you look for any sort of life from a coach when Rick Carslise has been your teams coach,Now dont get me wrong I love Rick,hope he is with us for years to come.But that was just awesome hearing Pat Riley say that.

***K pat riley, shaq, mourning, payton, walker, haslem, posey, j-will. Poor van gundy, pat riley did him wrong so F pat riley and the rest of the heat. Wade is okay though lol :)

Robertmto
06-22-2006, 02:25 AM
Stern packed his suitcase for him.

efx
06-22-2006, 02:37 AM

That tinfoil hat really looks great on you.

Stryder
06-22-2006, 07:57 AM
***K pat riley, shaq, mourning, payton, walker, haslem, posey, j-will. Poor van gundy, pat riley did him wrong so F pat riley and the rest of the heat. Wade is okay though lol :)

You really need to move on...

FrenchConnection
06-22-2006, 08:24 AM

I say ***K Wade too. I hate him!!!

Putnam
06-22-2006, 09:18 AM

Not 'Zo too! His five blocks were pure heart. The league didn't give him those. He gutted them out, one by one. (Pretty good work for a guy on a vet's minimum contract, by the way!)

Kegboy
06-22-2006, 09:32 AM
I've always liked Riley, even when he was coaching the Knicks and Heat 1.0, probably because I grew up in a Magic Johnson household. It's in my blood that I identify him as the model NBA coach, even though intellectually I know he is lacking in areas.

Payton and Zo I probably disliked from time to time, but I always respected them as competitors. I never cared for Jason Williams, but I never actively hated him either, I just dismissed him. I have zero problem with Dwayne Wade. None. The man can play, and unlike what some may think, he's not a dick about it. The only problem I have is Fatoine, but I can't even get too riled up about him, because someone finally succeeded in getting him to play in a system, which is most of the reason that I never liked him anyway.

I do feel bad for SVG, though, but he didn't have to fall on his sword, and when he's ready, he'll have his choice of jobs.

Roy Munson
06-22-2006, 10:36 AM
Poor van gundy, pat riley did him wrong so F pat riley and the rest of the heat.

Bottom line is that Miami would NOT have won the championship with Van Gundy coaching them. Riley is just a better coach. In the management position that Riley was in, he recognized that VG was not getting the performance out of the team that he felt they were capable of, and he corrected the situation.

It's simple effective, responsible management. You can hate Riley all you want, but he did what was best for the Miami Heat organization.

Skaut_Ech
06-22-2006, 10:48 AM
First of all, I like Riley becasue he's old school. He's from the "do what I say or get out" school of coaching. I gotta respect that. Thise guys are dinosaurs. (or psychos like Sam Mitchell, who forgot to throw in the "cool" aspect to being a tyrant.

Yeah, Riles is badas$$!!

What helped Riles is that he got some guys who USED to be problem children (Payton, Antoine, Jason) and helped them to buy into the team concept, I'm sure by appealing to them from the "you aren't getting any younger" stance.

Listen to Riley in a press conference. He's a smart, intuitive guy. Much respect from me.

Since86
06-22-2006, 10:49 AM
Not 'Zo too! His five blocks were pure heart. The league didn't give him those. He gutted them out, one by one. (Pretty good work for a guy on a vet's minimum contract, by the way!)

Vet minimum because he recieved a buyout from Toronto.

I don't have any respect for a player you demands a trade from a team who stood beside him through a kidney operation.

Then when he is traded, says he won't show up for the team because he doesn't want to play there either.

He should be thankful he's alive, let alone playing basketball again. Yet he has the balls to ****** and moan about where he's going to play?

Zero respect. NONE!

Leisure Suit Larry
06-22-2006, 11:06 AM

LOL, nice

Anxiety
06-22-2006, 11:28 AM
(Pretty good work for a guy on a vet's minimum contract, by the way!)

Not true, he was getting paid by the Raptors (buyout)

Vet minimum because he recieved a buyout from Toronto.

I don't have any respect for a player you demands a trade from a team who stood beside him through a kidney operation.

Then when he is traded, says he won't show up for the team because he doesn't want to play there either.

He should be thankful he's alive, let alone playing basketball again. Yet he has the balls to ****** and moan about where he's going to play?

Zero respect. NONE!

Amen.

Putnam
06-22-2006, 11:31 AM
You guys are good!

Technically I am right, because he does have a vet's minimum contract with Miami. But he was also getting $4 million from Toronto.

Anyway, I still say 'Zo deserves some credit for contributing in Game 6. Five blocks is big stuff. He denied the inside game to Dallas, and they couldn't win with jumpshots.