PDA

View Full Version : Raptors Acquire Nesterovic For Bonner and E. Williams

Young
06-21-2006, 06:02 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41025/20060621/raptors_acquire_nesterovic_for_bonner_and_e_willia ms/

Spurs.com - According to Spurs.com, the team has acquired Matt Bonner, Eric Williams and a 2009 second round draft pick from the Toronto Raptors in exchange for Rasho Nesterovic.

Williams was not happy with his limited role in Toronto and the distance from which he was seperated from his son, which will be even farther in San Antonio.

Bonner, a fan favorite in Toronto, will have to get used to a new atmosphere around Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker in San Antonio.

Nesterovic's role with the Spurs was diminished by seasons end after coach Gregg Popovich went in another direction in the middle for the Spurs.

The big Slovenian will be looked to as the Raptors' only true center.

Jon Theodore
06-21-2006, 06:04 PM
great trade for spurs

blanket
06-21-2006, 06:06 PM
another great deal for SA - how do they keep unloading bad contracts on willing teams?!?

Young
06-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Here is an interesting quote from Bryan Colangalo:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Acquiring Rasho brings us an experienced presence at the centre position while not affecting our cap situation, He’s a smart basketball player who will help address our needs, particularly on the defensive end of the floor.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe I haven't seen Rasho enough, but I have never thought of him as much of a defenseive player on the floor.

Hicks
06-21-2006, 06:14 PM
I think it's a good trade for both teams.

SoupIsGood
06-21-2006, 06:22 PM
I like Rasho.

CableKC
06-21-2006, 06:25 PM
Interesting........I know they need the depth at the Frontcourt......but dies anyone think that this may have any potential impact on who the Raptors draft?

I'm gonna guess that Rasho is gonna be an expensive Backup Center.....

Unclebuck
06-21-2006, 06:25 PM
Good trade for the Spurs. I don't like Rasho

Kegboy
06-21-2006, 07:03 PM
Great trade for the Spurs. Williams doesn't have a lot left, but he'll help in the playoffs.

Rasho could help Toronto, but I could just as easily see Sam beating the crap out of him on general principle.

Hey, that's right, we can make trades now!

You hear that TPTB, YOU CAN MAKE ****ING TRADES NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I wonder how long it'll be before somebody says it's better to wait, because you always get better deals right before the trading deadline. :rolleyes:)

Trader Joe
06-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Another useless trade for the Raps. Except they got the short end of the stick on this one.

Chauncey
06-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Trade to appease Bosh when they draft Bargani. Bosh wanted another low-post presence and wanted them to draft Aldridge

Bball
06-21-2006, 07:34 PM
another great deal for SA - how do they keep unloading bad contracts on willing teams?!?

They work the phones, network, and get it done rather than waiting, watching, and hoping for an even better deal to come along.

-Bball

Eindar
06-21-2006, 07:35 PM
I think it's a good trade for both teams, especially if Toronto trades down and picks up a PG.

CableKC
06-21-2006, 07:38 PM
They work the phones, network, and get it done rather than waiting, watching, and hoping for an even better deal to come along.

-Bball

I suspect that Walsh/Bird does the same thing....but overprices their players way more then what would be considered beyond reasonable.

If Rasho was on the Pacers and Walsh/Bird wanted to trade him...they would tout that he's a top 5 Backup Center in the league and wouldn't want anything less then a draft pick....rookie prospects and a sponge cake with vanilla frosting in exchange for him.

Hicks
06-21-2006, 07:48 PM
Great trade for the Spurs. Williams doesn't have a lot left, but he'll help in the playoffs.

Rasho could help Toronto, but I could just as easily see Sam beating the crap out of him on general principle.

Hey, that's right, we can make trades now!

You hear that TPTB, YOU CAN MAKE ****ING TRADES NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I wonder how long it'll be before somebody says it's better to wait, because you always get better deals right before the trading deadline. :rolleyes:)

Why are you yelling at Danny Ferry?

Kstat
06-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Nesterovic is easily the best center toronto has.

Its sad, but true.

Kegboy
06-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Why are you yelling at Danny Ferry?

:console:

Frank Slade
06-21-2006, 08:52 PM
:console:

http://tomswe.home.insightbb.com/skinnytins.jpg +http://www.hoopshype.com/players/danny_ferry.jpghttp://www.hoopshype.com/general_managers/john_paxson.jpg =:love:

Kegboy
06-21-2006, 10:35 PM
http://tomswe.home.insightbb.com/skinnytins.jpg +http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/mike_brown.jpghttp://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/eric_snow.jpg =:love:

Fixed.

Fool
06-21-2006, 10:42 PM
I don't mind this trade for either team. Spurs wanted Rasho's contract off the books and they got that plus they get to see if Williams can help them out against strong swingmen. I guess Bonner plays a Robert Horry role should he retire.

The Raptors didn't increase next years payroll all that much and got a solid bench guy/iffy starter.

Robertmto
06-21-2006, 10:45 PM
it's better to wait, because you always get better deals right before the trading deadline

microwave_oven
06-21-2006, 11:12 PM
I guess this means that Toronto won't be trading for Mags anytime soon.

Young
06-21-2006, 11:13 PM
it's better to wait, because you always get better deals right before the trading deadline

Sometimes you might but keep in mind that there isn't as many teams willing to deal during the season as their is in the off season. So you aren't likely to have as many options.

Robertmto
06-21-2006, 11:16 PM
Sometimes you might but keep in mind that there isn't as many teams willing to deal during the season as their is in the off season. So you aren't likely to have as many options.

I only said that to **** Kegboy off

SycamoreKen
06-21-2006, 11:53 PM
The most important thing about this trade is how it affects Bosh's fantasy position. Will Rasho play enough to make Bosh just a forward or will he still be a forward/center?

BoomBaby31
06-22-2006, 12:00 AM
This is a good trade for both teams, I see what the Raptors are trying to do, bring some vetern experience in with all of the youth. They know they are going to get another young gunner in the draft so they need that vetern experience instead of a bunch of 20-25 year olds. I wouldn't of minded Nestrovic coming to the pacers.

Another thought, the Raptors should be smart and trade their pick for a good SG or a decent PG and a decent SG. Like Tinsley and Jax! :) They would have a good team

Tins
Jax
??(lol)
Bosh
Nestorivic

Steve McQueen
06-22-2006, 12:54 AM
Raptors needed a big white stiff to replace Hoffa, and unless they plan on pulling Greg Ostertag out of retirement, who better than Rasho?

SamBear
06-22-2006, 02:48 AM
RC Buford is an excellent GM... always finding great deals for the Spurs... :)

caaprius
06-22-2006, 02:56 AM
and one of better European centers Robertas Javtokas coming to Nesterovic's place.. it will be interesting to see how he fits in Spurs system.

FrenchConnection
06-22-2006, 08:23 AM
and one of better European centers Robertas Javtokas coming to Nesterovic's place.. it will be interesting to see how he fits in Spurs system.

I forgot about that. Now with the rookie off of the bench and Nazir starting, the Spurs clear the contract and don't miss a beat. They really know how to run a team!

Anxiety
06-22-2006, 09:07 AM
Good trade for the Raps. Bonner was nothing special (he'd hit an occasional 3 here and there) and Williams barely even played. Colangelo still isn't done.

Fool
06-22-2006, 09:38 AM
Nazr's contract is up and wasn't he reported as wanting out of San An?

Anxiety
06-22-2006, 09:49 AM

I think you are right.

SycamoreKen
06-22-2006, 02:18 PM

I had not read where he wanted out, but the local paper said today that the Spurs will resign him if the price is right. They will also probably be looking to trade the rights to Luis Scola with their glut of power forwards.

FrenchConnection
06-22-2006, 02:28 PM
I had not read where he wanted out, but the local paper said today that the Spurs will resign him if the price is right. They will also probably be looking to trade the rights to Luis Scola with their glut of power forwards.

I would like the Pacers to get those rights....

Robertmto
06-23-2006, 03:57 AM
Another big man to Toronto?

With the first pick in the 2006 NBA Draft the Toronto Raptors select Adam Morrison, forward out of Gonzaga.

;)