PDA

View Full Version : Pacers targetting Morrison?

Mourning
06-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Ok, it's just a little part and I haven't looked up the original article yet and it might just be a continuation of the existing Toronto rumour in a new form. Still...

"There is no evidence so far that the Bulls are close to trading the No. 2 pick for a veteran, but this week is traditionally when trade offers start to arrive. One rumor of the Lakers sending Lamar Odom for the Bulls' two first-round picks isn't likely to happen. Talk that Indiana GM Larry Bird is willing to swap Jermaine O'Neal for a pick that would land Adam Morrison sounds plausible.
-- Daily Herald"

Link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/06/19/truth.rumors.nba/index.html

Source: CNNSI.com

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Ok, I think this is that article, I'm not sure it has been posted before IF it has been posted before then I apologize for double posting the article:

"Bird might be ready to flip O’Neal
By Mark Murphy/ NBA notes
Sunday, June 18, 2006 - Updated: 08:57 AM EST

There are times when something as flimsy as a trade rumor - albeit a juicy trade rumor - can force a team or a player to look inward.

Not surprisingly, the hottest talk to come out of the NBA’s pre-draft camp in Orlando, Fla., has the basketball community in Indianapolis flustered.

Could Larry Bird, with his eyes on Gonzaga forward Adam Morrison, really be willing to trade Jermaine O’Neal to Toronto for some kind of package that includes the No. 1 pick in the June 28 NBA draft?

On the surface it sounds like a long shot - even an act of desperation.

But on a team where there was said to be a rift between Bird and O’Neal, the very mention of a trade possibility may be having a binding influence.

Bird, who has also been tough on coach Rick Carlisle in the wake of the team’s fragmented season, was apparently able to put O’Neal’s fears to rest last week.

"We’re fine now," O’Neal told the Indianapolis Star, essentially confirming that life may not have been so rosy with his boss at another point. "I know Larry has full confidence in me as a player, and I have full confidence in him as a president. We’re not that far away. We’re only one or two pieces away from being a contender."

Or, depending on the rumor’s validity, of becoming an expensive re-structuring plan.

But O’Neal, based on word from above, doesn’t sound worried.

"It doesn’t bother me at all," he said. "The bottom line is, when you don’t win and you struggle, your name is going to come up. That’s just the way it is. The whole Toronto thing has no truth behind it whatsoever."

He’ll certainly find out soon enough"

link: http://celtics.bostonherald.com/otherNBA/view.bg?articleid=144216

Source: The Boston Herald

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Shade
06-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Old news, won't happen, please no more JO trade rumors. :(

Anthem
06-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Dollars to donuts Morrison is this year's Luke Jackson.

Doug
06-20-2006, 01:57 PM
Dollars to donuts Morrison is this year's Luke Jackson.

Yep. That's what I'm thinking too. If we're trading up, it's to get Roy.

Young
06-20-2006, 03:33 PM
6 teams are targetting Morrison, the Pacers are not listed here.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41003/20060620/six_teams_in_hunt_to_move_up_to_draft_morrison/

Six Teams In Hunt To Move Up To Draft Morrison?
20th June, 2006 - 2:57 am
DraftExpress - Information DraftExpress.com received on Monday says that as many as six teams are currently in the hunt to trade up for the #1 or #2 pick, and that it's likely Adam Morrison that they covet.

The six teams are Minnesota, Boston, Houston, Phoenix, Portland and Charlotte. Morrison could very well conduct workouts with the teams that appear most serious about trading up in the draft to get him.

Trader Joe
06-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Why does Charlotte have to move up? Morrison will almost certainly be there at 3 unless they are just trying to make sure that someone else doesn't trade up and take him. They shouldn't give up too much tho.

larry
06-20-2006, 09:03 PM
only thing is jo's salary will be getting higher and he will be getting older.
if the bulls land jo, keep 1 big guy, and gordon they'll be kick a*s.

also, i dont listen to what bird says.
he lies to get what he wants. thats fine if it helps my team and my state.
i have accepted i never what will happen w/ the pacers until it does happen.