PDA

View Full Version : On a side note...

larry
06-20-2006, 12:34 AM
I know this doesn't mean he is cheating, but why does Dick Bavetta have to put so much drama, force, and intense action into his calls?<o:p></o:p>
Have you seen this guy do that hip thrust when he's calling a blocking foul?<o:p></o:p>
Damn!!

:mib:

pizza guy
06-20-2006, 12:38 AM
Can we find clip of Bavetta doing that and make it a smiley?

I mean, we've got :dancingsager:, so, why not :thrustingdick:?

;)

Bball
06-20-2006, 12:45 AM
Dick Bavetta is Ed Grimley. The resemblance is uncanny.

-Bball

Robertmto
06-20-2006, 02:12 AM
:thrustingdick:?

:laugh:

Peck
06-20-2006, 04:03 AM
He may not be cheating but he & several other referees make over exagerated motions that IMO border on (well IMO go over the line) taunting the players.

I would have no problem at all if the players were not even allowed to speak to the refs., however by the same token the moves of several of these refs. would also be banned.

Joey Crawford would also not be allowed to be as demonstrative as he is either. But that's just me.

Lord Helmet
06-20-2006, 04:13 AM
Yeah we need that icon.

beast23
06-20-2006, 09:09 AM
He may not be cheating but he & several other referees make over exagerated motions that IMO border on (well IMO go over the line) taunting the players.

I would have no problem at all if the players were not even allowed to speak to the refs., however by the same token the moves of several of these refs. would also be banned.

Joey Crawford would also not be allowed to be as demonstrative as he is either. But that's just me.I think there are a number of referees that seem to think that games and the league are more about them than the players and the teams.

Or, maybe we have some refs that are trying to display a unique personality or movement in hopes of being "discovered" and landing a decent endorsement deal in a TV commercial or something.

Who knows? Maybe it's all about the money, or their hopes of getting it.

Unclebuck
06-20-2006, 09:19 AM
I saw an interview with Joey Crawford (very interesting) his dad was a baseball umpire for years (I think his name was Jerry Crawford. Joey said he does that exagerated signal he does in respect to his dad.

Roy Munson
06-20-2006, 01:07 PM
I know this doesn't mean he is cheating, but why does Dick Bavetta have to put so much drama, force, and intense action into his calls?

Have you seen this guy do that hip thrust when he's calling a blocking foul?

My guess is that officiating basketball games gives Bavetta his only opportunity in life to use the "pelvic thrust" move.

Leisure Suit Larry
06-20-2006, 01:36 PM
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7797/bavetta1qz.jpg

317Kim
06-20-2006, 01:39 PM
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7797/bavetta1qz.jpg

:lmao:

I think we've got ourselves a winner.

ChicagoJ
06-20-2006, 02:09 PM
:dancingba

Nothing beats his pre-game warmup exercises.

Right Mr. Gnome?

Bball
06-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Martin Short with a cartoon version of his alter ego- Ed Grimley (I'd like to find a real life pose of him in character because Bavetta and 'Grimley' have to be 'related')

http://www.amazingheroart.com/AmazingHeroArtSite.data/f_mshort.jpg