PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 guys on your draft radar for the Pacers

Young
06-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Who are the 3 guys on your radar that you would like to see the Pacers draft.

Lets have your top 3 if the Pacers stay at 17, and top 3 if they trade up anywhere into the lottery...and heck list who you want at 45...

Man I can not make up my mind on who I want the Pacers to draft. There are so many guys who would make good picks for us. Part of the reason I change my mind so much is because of watching these playoffs. It shows what we will need to compete.

Here is mine:

If we stay at 17:

- Thabo Sefolosha
He is a good defender, he not only has the skills to defend but he has the tools, quickness, length, the whole package. He has solid skills on offense, but he will need to improve them for the NBA, especially his shooting.

- Rajon Rando
His defense is simply awesome. Like Thabo, he has the tools with the skills. What I love about both these guys is their wingspans are like 7'2...that is freaking awesome. I questioned his abilty to run a team, but then I realized how Kentucky played at a slower pace, limiting what Rando can do. He does need to work on that shooting, but with that defense he could help us stop penatration which has been a problem for the Pacers for years.

- Quincy Douby
We could use a shooter like him. Man can this kid shoot or what? Not only that, he lead the Big East in scorng, one of the toughest conferences in America, and he was the focus of defenses. We are seeing how valueable guards like Douby are. The NBA is starting to turn to the point where size doesn't matter, it's how you use the player.

Honorable mention: Jordan Farmar, Serigo Rodriguez, Kyle Lowery, Shannon Brown, and Mariuce Ager.

If we move up anywhere in the top 10

- Randy Foye
I compare him to Gilbery Arenas. Foye has a great all around game. What more can I say about him?

- Adam Morrison
I actually see some of Reggie in Morrison. Morrison can just flat out score the ball. He is an awesome shooter no matter where he is on the court, or if he is catching and shooting or shooting off the dribble. The big reason why I have him on my radar is because he could change the culture in Indiana. I love Morrison's fire he shows during games.

- Brandon Roy
He would be the safest pick in the draft. I love how he can create with the ball in his hands. That is something we could really use. He is just a really good all around player though.

Honrable mention: Rodney Careny, Ronnie Brewer.

45th Pick:

- Yotam Halperin
He is awesome on offense. He is known for his intangliables. I think he could end up being a nice role player for any team in the future.

- Bobby Jones
His defense is top notch. He will make a good role player in the NBA. He is a hard worker. This is a player I would have number one on my list. If he is avaliable at 45, we better take him. It may just be a second round pick but I think that BJ will be in the league for a long time.

- Hassan Adams
He could end up be a very good defender in the NBA. He has all the tools. He needs to improve his skills though, that's for sure.

Honorable Mention: Dee Brown, Relando Blackman, and James White.

There are no legit all stars but we will get a very nice player from this draft.

purdue101
06-19-2006, 11:11 PM
i think out of carney, reddick, brewer, and foye........at least one, maybe two will fall to 17. i would want one of those four at 17, preferably carney or brewer.

after that, jordan farmar, then douby, then maybe sergio rodriguez.

saer sene intrigues me too simply b/c of his size and wingspan.

i'd like diaz, adams, or johnson in the 2nd round

Ron who?
06-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Dee brown honorable mention?!?!?! more like most needed and a must draft if available in the second round

PacerMan
06-19-2006, 11:15 PM
i think out of carney, reddick, brewer, and foye........at least one, maybe two will fall to 17. i would want one of those four at 17, preferably carney or brewer.

after that, jordan farmar, then douby, then maybe sergio rodriguez.

saer sene intrigues me too simply b/c of his size and wingspan.

i'd like diaz, adams, or johnson in the 2nd round

Carney is a player for sure, but he's a 3 for sure too.
We don't need him!

McThugg
06-19-2006, 11:23 PM
Carney is a 3 like JO is a 5, Rodney Carney(6'5" in shoes) will be a stud 2 guard and I mean stud, in this league. Like I have said before he is Vince Carter with heart.

purdue101
06-19-2006, 11:24 PM
i think carney is athletic enough and can shoot well enough to play the 2 guard. he will certainly be able to defend SG's.

based on his measurements down in orlando.....his size seems more fitted for the 2 spot IMO.

Carney is a 3 like JO is a 5, Rodney Carney(6'5" in shoes) will be a stud 2 guard and I mean stud, in this league. Like I have said before he is Vince Carter with heart.

what he said.

Anthem
06-19-2006, 11:30 PM
It seems like there's a pretty good chance somebody we really like will be available at 17.

Or am I drinking the kool-aid?

Frank Slade
06-19-2006, 11:34 PM
I am still holding out that Brewer could possibly slip to us, whatever chance there.. is beyond that

The more realistic three that will be there at 17

Famar or Sergio Rodriquez ,, just based on the what I have seen (as far as Famar goes) and read and heard, and that Famar continues to impress in workouts.

If not those two Shawne Williams based on the dreaded word "Potential" could be a good pick , raw talent could really develop into a solid player.

Anthem
06-19-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm not sure what they base it on, but NBADraft.net re-adjusted their ratings today. Among others, Morrison dropped to 4, Sene dropped to 18, and Collins dropped to 24. Carney rose to #9. They've got Brewer going at #16, and JJ moved up to #11.

Here are the guys they think will be available to us:

Jordan Farmer
Saer Sene
Sergio Rodriguez
Maurice Auger
Kyle Lowry
Hilton Armstrong
Rajon Rondo
Mardy Collins

Steve McQueen
06-19-2006, 11:39 PM
Rodney Carney isn't nearly as skilled as Vince Carter was coming out of college. Believe me, if he was, he'd be a top-3 lock in this weak draft.

My top-3 reasonable (ie, available within 5 picks of #17 in most mock drafts)....
1. Ronnie Brewer
2. J.J. Redick
3. Shawne Williams

pizza guy
06-19-2006, 11:51 PM
In no particular order

At 17...
Farmar
Rondo
Douby
Honorable Mention - JJ Reddick

Trade up...
Morrison
Roy

Dee Brown
Jerry MacNamara

Robertmto
06-19-2006, 11:53 PM
Jordan Farmar
Mardy Collins
Rajon Rondo

anybody as long as y'all dont take Sene or Armstrong!

Anthem
06-19-2006, 11:56 PM
Does anybody really believe JJ will be available at #17?

Robertmto
06-19-2006, 11:58 PM

ever since his two incidents; yes

pizza guy
06-20-2006, 12:00 AM
ever since his two incidents; yes

QFT

SoupIsGood
06-20-2006, 12:04 AM
QFT

QFF

(quoted for fun)

Robertmto
06-20-2006, 12:09 AM
QFF

(quoted for fun)

QFC

(quoted for cash)

pizza guy
06-20-2006, 12:21 AM
QFC

(quoted for cash)

:twocents:

The best I could do...pizza guys don't get paid that much.

Robertmto
06-20-2006, 02:16 AM
:twocents:

The best I could do...pizza guys don't get paid that much.

thank ya

purdue101
06-20-2006, 07:46 AM

there's a chance. especially after the DUI and the rumors of a back injury. remember, the knee injury rumors were the main reason DG fell to us last year.

if he can slip past orlando at 11 and utah at 14, i think he'll fall.

brewer on the other hand just rose his stock with that athletiscm test. i think he'll be taken before JJ.

Kegboy
06-20-2006, 09:27 AM
QFC

(quoted for cash)

KFC

(finger lickin' good)

As for the draft, I don't even begin to know who's gonna be available where. I'm of the opinion that we should stay put, cause there's every chance there'll be guys who fall.

There are two names that I keep coming back to, though. Quincy Douby, if Rick has any pull at all, I think we'll definitely take him. And Dee Brown, if he by any chance is still available in the 2nd.

blanket
06-20-2006, 09:50 AM
at 17- Rajon Rondo, Shawne Williams, Hilton Armstrong

if we trade into 5-10 range - Roy, Brewer, Redick

at 45 - Guillermo Diaz, Will Blalock, Dee Brown

clemdogg
06-20-2006, 09:15 PM
My guys at 17 are:

Rodney Carney - probably won't be there.
Maurice Ager - shooter/playmaking ability and can defend some too. Can fill our potential void at 2 if Jack and Fred are gone.
Hilton Armstrong - a shotblocking rebounder to play alongside JO. If JO can teach him how to gain some weight like he did (haha), he could be the next Ben Wallace....yea....right. but seriously...

If we move up, I like:

Rudy Gay - most potential of anyone in draft. I think 5 years from now, he will be the best player from the draft.
Brandon Roy - an even better option than Ager to fill our potential void at 2.
Bragnani - what the hell. He's the Italian hype of this year's draft, so he could be really good, or he probably will be really bad.

Robertmto
06-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Will you guys please stop saying H*lt*n *rmstr*ng? If Boyle reads this it could get on the radio, that leads to tv, tv leads to internet, internet leads to TPTB! So please, stop saying that and don't begin to say S**r S*n* Us Wizards want one of those two!!

BlueNGold
06-20-2006, 09:49 PM
I would draft the best player regardless of need. It makes it tough since we have a promising SF and this draft is arguably deepest at SF. Nevertheless, I would go with:

Rudy Gay - He obviously has all the physical tools to be a great SF. His bio says he is an unselfish hardworker who tough on the boards. " A coach's dream player."

Sene - Just awesome potential with freakish length and athleticism. Another hard working kid. He will be a strong, long body in the NBA for a long time.

Brewer - Great skills, athleticism and attitude. He will be a solid pro.

Robertmto
06-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Sene - Just awesome potential with freakish length and athleticism. Another hard working kid. He will be a strong, long body in the NBA for a long time.

What did I just ask???

PacerMan
06-20-2006, 10:00 PM

Disagree. He doesn't move well enough for a 2. He's a 3.

[QUOTE=Steve McQueen]Rodney Carney isn't nearly as skilled as Vince Carter was coming out of college. Believe me, if he was, he'd be a top-3 lock in this weak draft.

(shhhhh) The obvious isn't in vogue here. :)

Trader Joe
06-20-2006, 10:25 PM
at 17:
Rondo
Shawne Williams
Douby
6-10:
Carney
Brewer
Foye
1-5:
Roy
Morrison
Marcus Williams

Those are in order BTW. IMO Roy is the steal of this draft PERIOD. Why? Cause he ain't gonna go number 1 and I am convinced that is where he should be going.

CableKC
06-21-2006, 12:56 AM
Top 3 SG ( who could be had if we move up to the 9 to 12 spot or be available at the 17th pick )

1 ) Rodney Carney
2 ) Ronnie Brewer
3 ) Maurice Ager

Top 3 PG ( who could be had if we move up to the 9 to 12 spot or be available at the 17th pick )

1 ) Marcus Williams
2 ) Rajon Rondo
3 ) Jordan Farmar

Top 3 Big Men PF/C ( who could be had if we move up to the 9 to 12 spot or be available at the 17th pick )

1 ) Cedric Simmons
2 ) Hilton Armstrong
3 ) Leon Powe

BoomBaby31
06-21-2006, 01:47 AM
Morrison if we trade up. BUT,

1. Redick (please please please :P)
2. Farmar
3. Serigo

Robertmto
06-21-2006, 01:49 AM
Top 3 Big Men PF/C ( who could be had if we move up to the 9 to 12 spot or be available at the 17th pick )

1 ) Cedric Simmons
2 ) Hilton Armstrong
3 ) Leon Powe

u guys are doing it again

owl
06-21-2006, 10:15 AM
Trade up

Morrison
Roy

At 17

Saer Sene
Alexander Johnson
Brewer

At 45

James White, Guillermo Diaz, JJ Barea

CableKC
06-21-2006, 01:04 PM
u guys are doing it again

What...because I mentioned Hilton Armstrong?

Besides....no mock drafts or even any "experts" think that we will even draft a Big Man.....for whatever reason.....it looks like we are going to go with a Guard of some sort.

Hey....at least I didn't mention that Sene dude.........who has bust written all over him.

blanket
06-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Besides....no mock drafts or even any "experts" think that we will even draft a Big Man.

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/Draft/mockdraft.htm
17 Indiana Hilton Armstrong

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=416009&postcount=2
Indiana
Alexander Johnson Position: PF

:duck:

microwave_oven
06-21-2006, 01:27 PM
1. Brandon Roy
2. Ronnie Brewer
3. Jordan Farmar

Robertmto
06-21-2006, 11:23 PM

Indiana

owned

pizza guy
06-21-2006, 11:33 PM
I think our biggest need is at SG, so, I assume we'll try to draft there. But, if we end up with Farmar, I'll be very happy. As for big men, eh, who know? I think we've got our starting 4 & 5 in JO and Hulk, so, that's up to discussion.

birdman
06-22-2006, 12:18 AM
1st round:
Jordan Farmar
Sergio Rodriguez
Josh Boone

2nd Round:
Guillermo Diaz
Marco Killingsworth
Dee Brown

CableKC
06-22-2006, 01:00 AM

Indiana

Okay...fine....I stand corrected.....the majority of the Mock Drafts have us picking up Guards....even in the 2nd round....geez....:rolleyes:

Robertmto
06-23-2006, 04:06 AM
2nd Round:
Guillermo Diaz
Marco Killingsworth
Dee Brown

Guillermo is slowly creeping into the first round. i doubt if he's there with the 45th pick.

And why do you want Marco? Becuz it will put ppl in the seats? TPTB had a chance to do that last year, with Bracey Waright. Instead they went with Lorbek. Now I haven't seen him play at all so I can't critique him. Yet I do know that Bracey led the NBDL in scoring and his team the Florida Flame (which also has George Leach from IU) would have won the championship if he would have not been calle dup to the NBA the day before the playoffs. He also played well in his limited role with the T-Wolves.

Slick Pinkham
06-23-2006, 09:35 AM
Brewer, Rondo, Lowry in round 1

Pittsnogle, Dee Brown, James White in round 2

Chauncey
06-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Leon Powe would be my 2nd round target. This draft is actually very deep (although bottom-heavy) There are quite a few proven players that will be available in the 2nd round, but Powe is definitely my favorite of those.

Rondo and Powe would be a great draft for the Pacers

FrenchConnection
06-23-2006, 09:52 AM
Guillermo is slowly creeping into the first round. i doubt if he's there with the 45th pick.

And why do you want Marco? Becuz it will put ppl in the seats? TPTB had a chance to do that last year, with Bracey Waright. Instead they went with Lorbek. Now I haven't seen him play at all so I can't critique him. Yet I do know that Bracey led the NBDL in scoring and his team the Florida Flame (which also has George Leach from IU) would have won the championship if he would have not been calle dup to the NBA the day before the playoffs. He also played well in his limited role with the T-Wolves.

I think that Bracey and Marco are two of the least popular Hoosiers this side of Neil Reed and Luke Recker, so I would not argue that drafting them would help with ticket sales.

D-BONE
06-23-2006, 10:30 AM
Rondo and Powe would be a great draft for the Pacers

If this happened, I would be giddy! I could also live with Pittsnogle or Dee Brown in the 2nd. Although Pittsnogle's D & rebounding concern me for a PF.

Robertmto
06-23-2006, 06:57 PM
I think that Bracey and Marco are two of the least popular Hoosiers this side of Neil Reed and Luke Recker, so I would not argue that drafting them would help with ticket sales.

We'll never know..

Evan_The_Dude
06-23-2006, 07:06 PM
1) Eye
2) Dont
3) Care

Just get us the best player available.

obnoxiousmodesty
06-23-2006, 07:13 PM
I know they won't all be available if the Pacers stay at 17, but my top 3 are:

1. Brandon Roy
2. Jordan Farmar