PDA

View Full Version : Icebreaker

microwave_oven
06-18-2006, 10:20 PM
I called it an icebreaker because the boards have been awfully quiet lately.

Pacers get: Ricky Davis, Marco Jaric, Eddie Griffin and the #6 pick

Timberwolves get: Jamaal Tinsley, Steven Jackson, Anthony Johnson and the #17 pick

The switching of picks may be asking too much, but I like the idea of adding some things we really need.

1. A slasher- Davis provides us with someone who can drive to the basket, draw fouls, and flat out scoring. He could also flourish as the 3rd option, unlike Jack who feels he has to shoot every time he touches the ball.

2. An intimidating shot blocker off the bench- Eddie Griffin has absolutely amazing numbers in limited minutes. When our second unit comes in, we need someone to throw the ball back in the opponents face. Imagine Harrison and Griffin as our front court off the bench.

3. Outside shooting- you can never have enough shooters, and Marco Jaric is decent. No one likes his contract, but we have to take a little garbage to get rid of Jax and Tins.

4. Youth and athleticism in the back-court- Since we would be exchanging draft picks, we would be able to select a 1 or 2 guard that has good defensive ability and athleticism. Carney, Roy, Foye, Brewer would all be available.

Now that I think about it, I really don't see Minn. doing this trade at all, but at least it's something to talk about.

skyfire
06-19-2006, 01:05 AM
Its a decent trade talent-wise and seems to be a trading of malcontents with AJ the sweetener to secure the #6. I doubt we could con any team into accepting almost our entire flawed backcourt. But McHale would be a good candidate if it was to be. Maybe Tins/Jax/Foster/#17 would be more appealing to the Twolves.

Griffin/Hulk off the bench does sound tempting.

BBALL56HACKER
06-19-2006, 06:16 AM
I like the first trade better .Sure would not want to give Foster when he has a chance to mayby getting healthy.

microwave_oven
06-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Foster would work in that deal, I believe. It is at least something to think about. Of course if we trade Foster then we wouldn't have a starting center. Unless, that is, you are willing to give Hulk the reins. We would still have to get a legit center even if it is to back up Harrison. I just feel that AJ is at his peak value and now is the time to trade him.

BoomBaby31
06-21-2006, 02:30 AM
I called it an icebreaker because the boards have been awfully quiet lately.

Pacers get: Ricky Davis, Marco Jaric, Eddie Griffin and the #6 pick

Timberwolves get: Jamaal Tinsley, Steven Jackson, Anthony Johnson and the #17 pick

The switching of picks may be asking too much, but I like the idea of adding some things we really need.

1. A slasher- Davis provides us with someone who can drive to the basket, draw fouls, and flat out scoring. He could also flourish as the 3rd option, unlike Jack who feels he has to shoot every time he touches the ball.

2. An intimidating shot blocker off the bench- Eddie Griffin has absolutely amazing numbers in limited minutes. When our second unit comes in, we need someone to throw the ball back in the opponents face. Imagine Harrison and Griffin as our front court off the bench.

3. Outside shooting- you can never have enough shooters, and Marco Jaric is decent. No one likes his contract, but we have to take a little garbage to get rid of Jax and Tins.

4. Youth and athleticism in the back-court- Since we would be exchanging draft picks, we would be able to select a 1 or 2 guard that has good defensive ability and athleticism. Carney, Roy, Foye, Brewer would all be available.

Now that I think about it, I really don't see Minn. doing this trade at all, but at least it's something to talk about.

Sign me up.. lol

Foster would work in that deal, I believe. It is at least something to think about. Of course if we trade Foster then we wouldn't have a starting center. Unless, that is, you are willing to give Hulk the reins. We would still have to get a legit center even if it is to back up Harrison. I just feel that AJ is at his peak value and now is the time to trade him.

Agreed with trading AJ now he is at his peak value and we could shop him around. If we traded foster that would clear up cap space so we could sign my man Mohhamed to a decent deal, and him and Hulk can control the Paint for us. We'd have an awesome team look at it:

1-Jaric/ Sauras
2-R. Davis/ Granger
3-Peja/ Granger
4-J. O'neal/ Croshere
5-Mohhamed/ Harrison

Plus, we would have the #6 fitting into that roster. Who ever that might be.

This would be a close to realistic ideal team coming into the season, for me anyway. What do you guys think about that roster? (I know I don't like R. Davis either, yes he reminds me of Jax; we'll shop him after we see who we pick up in the draft lol)

microwave_oven
06-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Good looking roster...you forgot Griffin as JO's back-up though.

I don't like our point guard rotation, which is probably what we would use our pick on. However, there is no point guard in this draft that can contribute right away. If we traded Foster AND were able to sign Mohhamed, then we would still have AJ and I think I could live w/ that. I would still like to get Jordan Farmar though. The 6th pick is a little too high for him though.