PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Lindsey Hunter to Pacers

J_2_Da_IzzO
06-17-2006, 11:52 AM
I was browsing through another forum and checked its sports section and there was a thread from apparently Lindsey Hunters cousin. He said that he spoke to him on the phone and that Pacers were keen on him and he was also keen to join the Pacers. He said thats were he expected to play next year.

I dont see why this person would lie about being Lindsey Hunters cousin and I dont see him lying bout where hes going so there could be some truth behind this.

What would people think?

I personally wouldnt mind him here because he had a great season as a back up at Detriot and Im sure he could be a decent first team PG at us.

Robertmto
06-17-2006, 11:58 AM
How many PG's does this team want? I knoe Gill is a free agent but still why do you guys always have 95556028965 point guards?

Anthem
06-17-2006, 12:00 PM
How many PG's does this team want? I knoe Gill is a free agent but still why do you guys always have 95556028965 point guards?
I don't mind getting another PG... Gill won't be resigned and Tinsley will be dealt.

But we don't need another backup. And Hunter is a backup.

Robertmto
06-17-2006, 12:01 PM
I don't mind getting another PG... Gill won't be resigned and Tinsley will be dealt.

But we don't need another backup. And Hunter is a backup.

So u like the idea of trading a couple back-ups to get a starter? And then make AJ the back-up?

unstandable
06-17-2006, 12:04 PM
Do you have a link to the forum you found this on?

Gamble
06-17-2006, 12:04 PM
IT could be to unload all of pg's for a starter and also acquire Hunter
for our backup role. Could he also play sg?

Robertmto
06-17-2006, 12:07 PM
IT could be to unload all of pg's for a starter and also acquire Hunter
for our backup role. Could he also play sg?

He's rather small but he does have amazing range.

Anthem
06-17-2006, 12:12 PM
So u like the idea of trading a couple back-ups to get a starter? And then make AJ the back-up?
You mean Lindsay Hunter, not AJ, right?

AJ isn't a good backup. He only works well as a starter.

Robertmto
06-17-2006, 12:17 PM
You mean Lindsay Hunter, not AJ, right?

AJ isn't a good backup. He only works well as a starter.

Correct :)

J_2_Da_IzzO
06-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Do you have a link to the forum you found this on?

I seen it a couple days ago and cant find it again. I was on a forum mostly music orientated but there was a big sports fanbase so there was a seperate forum for all things nba/nfl/soccer etc.

I wouldnt mind Lindsey Hunter on the team as a starter. He beats anything we got now.

Unclebuck
06-17-2006, 01:26 PM
My question: How would he have any idea. Teams cannot talk to players until July 1st.

microwave_oven
06-17-2006, 01:48 PM
Maybe they haven't "talked" to him yet. They can still show interest in him w/o offering a contract.

By the way, for those of you that want a great defensive point guard, Hunter is as good as it gets for a back-up. It also helps that he is lights out from threeville.

CableKC
06-17-2006, 04:10 PM
if Hunter is coming to Indy...then AJ is going somewhere else....

Young
06-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Oh great, we have 3 PGs under contract, we need a starter, and now we are going after a veteran backup? I like Hunter, I won't be mad if he is signed, but my gosh he is not what we need right now. I just hope this means that atleast one of our PGs is being traded...

pizza guy
06-17-2006, 04:40 PM
if Hunter is coming to Indy...then AJ is going somewhere else....

Yup. Maybe TPTB recognize that AJ's trade value will NEVER be higher, so, they're going to try to deal him for a decent/good starter (good is if we throw in filler).

I'd like to have Hunter, he's a very good back-up. It still begs the question though, how many PGs do we need? Even if Tins and AJ are dealt, we've still got Sarunas who is going to be a backup IF Carlisle lets him play the 1 instead of the 2. Who knows, though? Hunter's cousin? We've seen that kind of stuff before.

Anthem
06-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Right, I'd love Lindsay Hunter as our backup PG. But unless Saras is going to make the jump to starting PG (hey, it could happen), we've got three guys in the rotation ahead of him. I think we're all assuming AJ and Tinsley could be gone, but I don't see Larry trading Saras without giving him a little more time to adapt to the NBA game.

CableKC
06-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Yup. Maybe TPTB recognize that AJ's trade value will NEVER be higher, so, they're going to try to deal him for a decent/good starter (good is if we throw in filler).

I'd like to have Hunter, he's a very good back-up. It still begs the question though, how many PGs do we need? Even if Tins and AJ are dealt, we've still got Sarunas who is going to be a backup IF Carlisle lets him play the 1 instead of the 2. Who knows, though? Hunter's cousin? We've seen that kind of stuff before.

That's what I'm thinking.......AJ's trade value is pretty high...and considering that his contract ain't that bad.....he could be moved for some pretty decent players.

beast23
06-17-2006, 10:56 PM
For me, the only real value of Hunter is that he is a relatively quick and able defender. I don't see him as a better shooter than AJ, nor do I see him as being a "good" shooter for a PG.

I don't see the Pacers dumping AJ, period. I know that folks believe that his trade value has never been higher and possibly will never be higher. But we have SIGNIFICANT problems with both Tinsley and Saras. It would be unwise... B.S! it would be absolutely stupid, to trade the best thing we have going at PG, while keeping either of two more expensive players that also happened to perform inferior to AJ.

I'd be willing to bet the Pacers feel even stronger than I do about that point. AJ is the absolute perfect player for them at PG. He's cheap and he has proven that he can competently handle his role off the bench, but can more than hold his own if required to start.

There is one and only one way that the Pacers would even consider trading AJ. And that's if they either already have a clearly better starting PG in hand, or AJ himself is part of a trade to acquire one.

And after that happens, it would be necessary for the Pacers to trade one or both of Tinsley and Saras because they would also need a competent, healthy backup PG.

I personally believe the rumor regarding Hunter is absolute B.S. The Pacers would be targeting a possible starting PG long before they would even consider turning attention towards acquiring another backup.

Anthem
06-18-2006, 12:09 AM
I personally believe the rumor regarding Hunter is absolute B.S. The Pacers would be targeting a possible starting PG long before they would even consider turning attention towards acquiring another backup.
That's probably true. I'm just not confident of AJ's ability to play off the bench, and I don't really want him as our starting point guard.

SoupIsGood
06-18-2006, 12:35 AM
I would love this move! We need vets like Hunter to help the youngins.

Besides, he always torches us. Better to have him on our side, no?

Young
06-18-2006, 12:44 AM
Besides, he always torches us. Better to have him on our side, no?

I think that Erick Strickland use to light us up pretty good, but he didn't play as good for us as he did against us. Not that I expected him to.

SoupIsGood
06-18-2006, 12:50 AM
I think that Erick Strickland use to light us up pretty good, but he didn't play as good for us as he did against us. Not that I expected him to.

Hey! I really liked Erick when he was here. :)

Fool
06-18-2006, 01:20 AM
Are you guys aware that Lindsey shot like 25% from arc this year? And that he hasn't shot a decent % from 3 since 01-02? And that he's missed more than half of 3 out of the last 4 seasons with injuries?

pizza guy
06-18-2006, 01:47 AM
Oh...

that's why the Pacers would be interested!

VF21
06-18-2006, 02:23 AM
Maybe they haven't "talked" to him yet. They can still show interest in him w/o offering a contract.

From http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#89

91. What is tampering?

Tampering is when a player or team directly or indirectly entices, induces or persuades anybody (player, general manager, etc.) who is under contract with another team to negotiate for their services. The NBA takes tampering very seriously and may impose stiff penalties if it is discovered, however the league will not investigate unless another team files tampering charges. Here are some examples:

The Miami Heat were discovered to have tampered with Pat Riley in 1995 by negotiating with Riley while he was still head coach of the New York Knicks. The Heat "settled," and avoided league-imposed penalties, by compensating the Knicks with $1 million and their first round draft pick in 1996.
After Will Perdue left San Antonio in the 1999 offseason to sign with Chicago, he commented to the press about the possibility of the Bulls signing Tim Duncan and/or Grant Hill in 2000. The league considered this to be tampering, and issued Perdue a warning.You may have noticed that when general managers and other team personnel talk to the press, they are careful to avoid talking about specific players who play for other teams. They do this in order to avoid tampering.

Bball
06-18-2006, 03:28 AM
Are you guys aware that Lindsey shot like 25% from arc this year? And that he hasn't shot a decent % from 3 since 01-02? And that he's missed more than half of 3 out of the last 4 seasons with injuries?

So you're confirming he's an upgrade at PG for the Pacers?

-Bball

RON ARTEST
06-19-2006, 03:58 AM
why would the pacers want an old washed up player like hunter? i dont think this is true at all.

Steve McQueen
06-19-2006, 04:04 AM
I like Hunters hard-nosed defense, but other than that he's pure crap. A terrible offensive player with an awful shooting touch. He's also old and washed up like RON ARTEST said. No thanks.

RON ARTEST
06-19-2006, 06:30 AM
he would do things like this once a year.:laugh: http://http://youtube.com/watch?v=NpmLdzC60rI&search=lindsey%20hunter

Anthem
06-19-2006, 09:18 AM
he would do things like this once a year.:laugh: http://http://youtube.com/watch?v=NpmLdzC60rI&search=lindsey%20hunter
Bad link. Try:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NpmLdzC60rI