PDA

View Full Version : JO speaks to WISH TV (Video)

Hicks
06-14-2006, 11:43 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/wishtv061406.mov

Shade
06-14-2006, 11:48 PM
"There's no truth to that [rumor] at all."

:happydanc

More on Sportslocker Sunday, huh? :plot:

Thanks for the vid, Hicks.

Evan_The_Dude
06-14-2006, 11:52 PM
I don't believe what he said about liking Rick Carlisle for one second. If he said basketball hasn't been fun the last few years, then who's been the coach exactly the last few years?

microwave_oven
06-14-2006, 11:54 PM
Nice find...thanks Hicks!

SoupIsGood
06-14-2006, 11:56 PM
If JO and Rick are staying, then JO has to get working on his game, and Rick basically has to become a completely different coach.

Shade
06-14-2006, 11:56 PM
I don't believe what he said about liking Rick Carlisle for one second. If he said basketball hasn't been fun the last few years, then who's been the coach exactly the last few years?

Maybe not, but could you imagine the backlash if he said he didn't like Carlisle?

Bball
06-15-2006, 12:02 AM
Should JO be claiming he's staying put? Shouldn't he be saying he "...understands basketball is a business in the NBA and trades happen but he hopes he can finish his career here" (or some other politically correct statement)?

How can JO know there's no truth to the rumor?

-Bball

Young
06-15-2006, 12:08 AM
I find it interesting what he said about Carlise. "it's unfair for anyone to comment about that situation." did I hear that right? That makes me think that Carlise is going out of here, I would think either Carlise or JO would go this summer.

bulldog
06-15-2006, 12:12 AM
I generally like the idea of players being in the loop about personnel decisions. Too much disconnect between players and managment in the NBA.

Bball
06-15-2006, 12:24 AM
I generally like the idea of players being in the loop about personnel decisions. Too much disconnect between players and managment in the NBA.

I like the idea of players not feeling too comfortable... and realizing certain expectations need to be met.

-Bball

Anthem
06-15-2006, 12:32 AM
JO just got the vote of confidence.

Do we have a "kiss of death" smiley?

Lord Helmet
06-15-2006, 12:32 AM
Good find Hicks.

I'll have to make sure to see the rest of that interview this Sunday.

I'm certainly glad that we're not trading JO, because it'd be kind of stupid, IMO.

tora tora
06-15-2006, 01:34 AM
Terrible, terrible news. This team will never get a :trophy: with that overpaid overrated :bawl: :loser2:

Peck
06-15-2006, 01:37 AM
Was Jermaine really wearing all-star shorts in that interview? :rolleyes:

denyfizle
06-15-2006, 03:46 AM
im cool with JO staying. he's probably one of the most gracious players to his fans ever. but if JO stays then blow-up the rest of the team already and maybe JO can think of changing his attitude and cocky ways a little bit so the new core won't have the same issues in the future. if i wasn't a Pacer fan- with the way JO talks and brags and his oncourt antics- he'd probably be up there with Kobe in my DEUSH BAG list. he just exudes with a diva type of over confidence like he's just too good for planet earth. post Warier era and players on our team still described the locker room to have the atmosphere of "high school" cliques. yea, everybody was to be blamed but if JO wants to really show he's the answer and not the problem, he should look within himself, work hard not just on his game but help every player around hime be better too. try to be a better teammate, lessen the talk lead by example.

Hicks
06-15-2006, 07:32 AM
Was Jermaine really wearing all-star shorts in that interview? :rolleyes:

You make a negative judgement based soley on that information?

fwpacerfan
06-15-2006, 07:36 AM
JO just got the vote of confidence.

Do we have a "kiss of death" smiley?

Exactly. Did JO think he would walk in Walsh or Bird's office and they would say to him - "Well Jermaine we're trying to trade you is that ok with you?" They know how emotional he is.

I thought the highlight reel they showed of JO said it all - I did not see a single highlight of him hitting shot closer than 10 feet.

D-BONE
06-15-2006, 07:49 AM
Indy Star articles expound on this line of questioning this morning. Overall JO is his usual well-spoken, PC self. I'm glad to hear the front office issued an edict that he shed some pounds. That alone should boost his confidence and performance I would think.

My only criticism echoes denfizle's "lessen the talk lead by example" advice. Particularly regarding his comments in the Star about pledging a career year next year and if he doesn't live up to that then he should be shipped out.

Another promise to the press but can he realize it? And then what's this about if he doesn't play at a high level next year he ties should be severed the next year? So he's the GM now or what?

Kind of leaving himself an out should he fail to come through on his career year prediction and/or making himself out to look like he has more control over when he might be moved.

Hicks
06-15-2006, 08:01 AM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060615/SPORTS04/606150450/1088

O'Neal vows 'career year'
All-Star forward says if he can't get job done next season, he and Pacers should cut ties
By Mike Wells
Mike.wells@indystar.com
June 15, 2006

Jermaine O'Neal is confident he'll be in an Indiana Pacers uniform next season, but he can't speak beyond that.

The All-Star forward said Wednesday during his first interview since the Pacers' season ended May 4 that next season could determine his future in Indianapolis. O'Neal's seven-year, $127 million deal expires in 2009-10.

"I told (Pacers CEO) Donnie (Walsh) after this year, if things don't work out, then I don't feel the need to have this organization, this city, the owners pay my salary," O'Neal said. ". . . If I can't get the job done and I don't have the year (I expect), I shouldn't be here. If I'm training and focusing at the highest level I've ever done and I still can't get the job done, then we have to cut ties."

He doesn't expect that to happen, however. O'Neal repeatedly said the Pacers are closer to contending than being in the NBA draft lottery, vowed to come into camp in the best shape of his life and guaranteed he'll have "a career year."

O'Neal plans to lower his playing weight from 265 to 250 pounds. He'll also start boxing to help his footwork and conditioning.

Walsh praised O'Neal's maturity and predicted that next year they'll talk "about what a great year he had and the team had."

O'Neal, limited to 95 games the past two seasons, also said he and president Larry Bird have mended their relationship.

"Me and Larry haven't had a relationship up until the end of the year when I met with him," O'Neal said. "We were on two totally different pages. I was thinking one thing; he was thinking another thing. We're fine now."

D-BONE
06-15-2006, 08:14 AM
THANK YOU, HICKS! I should have been on top of this article given my post.

Will Galen
06-15-2006, 08:21 AM
Fine find Hicks!

I thought it was a very good interview and cleared the air! Boy was I wrong! The naysayers on here immediately started finding fault with it.

I'm really amazed at this site, it's just full of negative people who always find fault.

And people who are disappointed because an Internet rumor isn't true. The Heehaw award of the year goes to you for being so gullible!

Gyron
06-15-2006, 09:20 AM
The one thing I wonder is, we were all looking for the pacers management to come out and squash the rumors, maybe this is there way of squashing them. By proping Jermaine up to answer the questions, so that they don't have to answer any questions about what players they are looking at if JO isn't on the trading block.

317Kim
06-15-2006, 09:26 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :yes: :yay2:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c121/PACERSGURL/YEAH.jpg http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c121/PACERSGURL/Pacers/feelinit.jpg

FrenchConnection
06-15-2006, 03:03 PM
There were two interesting things about that interview.

The fact that it took place on the Pacers' practice court. This means that it was sanctioned by the team and I am sure that what JO way saying is also sanctioned by the team. They are using him to squash the rumor rather than issuing a statement.
What he said about RC - If he just wanted to give a vote of confidence to his coach, he could have done so but he basically declined comment. Interesting....

I think that JO will be here and RC may be on the way out.

Robertmto
06-16-2006, 02:59 AM
Or vice versa