PDA

View Full Version : Brad Miller & Bonzi Wells for Garnett? Pacers could offer a lot more

Unclebuck
06-14-2006, 09:00 AM
This really really seems like a farfetched rumor. But if true couldn't the Pacers put together a much better package than the Kings.

I mean, JO, JT, DH and our first round draft pick is much better than what the Kings "are offering"

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?mod=print&a=1341

Kings would send Brad Miller, Kenny Thomas, signed Bonzi and the Kings #19th pick for KG.

Click on the link

Robertmto
06-14-2006, 09:07 AM
Why won't Draft Express let ppl cut & paste anymore?

Skaut_Ech
06-14-2006, 10:36 AM
This really really seems like a farfetched rumor. But if true couldn't the Pacers put together a much better package than the Kings.

I mean, JO, JT, DH and our first round draft pick is much better than what the Kings "are offering"

Kings would send Brad Miller, Kenny Thomas, signed Bonzi and the Kings #19th pick for KG.

Click on the link

I don't know. That's a pretty good offer. I think the King's offer has consistancy going for it. With JT's injuries and Harrison erratic, foul prone play, I'd take the King's deal over anything we could offer. JO skews things in our favor, but then anyone else we would add doesn't compare to what the Kings could offer.

Boy that's one realistic, plausible rumor. A Garnett/Artest tandem, bolstered by Bibby at PG, and Kevin Martin at SG? So do you put KG at C, with Abdur Rahim at PF. If so, that looks very nice.

On the flip side, A Wolves starting line-up of Brad Miller at C, and Thomas at PF, and Wells at SF. Not bad. That would be some nice frontcourt stability, as the trio has shown with the Kings. But then it gets a little murky with McCants at SG and Banks/Jaric at PG. At first, I couldn't see it from the Wolve's perspective, but then you'd still have a potential trade for an impact PG using Banks/Jaric/Hudson/Eddie G, etc, to lure you a solid guy.

Plausible, but it won't happen. I'd think Minn would be too worried about marketing. it's easy to market your team with Garnett on it. They'd be too scared trying to fill the seats without a super-marqee name, don't you guys think?

blanket
06-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Can a FA like Bonzi be S&Ted in a package deal like that?

I only ever hear about S&Ts where the played being signed and traded is traded individually, not in a package like the one mentioned here.

Shade
06-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Absolutely awful deal for the Wolves. Won't happen.

Will Galen
06-14-2006, 04:21 PM

Click on the link

Just another Internet Rumor. Why do I think so? Because a resigned Bonzi is part of the trade. Something like this would give Bonzi all kinds of clout, plus Bonzi is happy where he's at and might not want to go to Minny.

PacerMan
06-14-2006, 08:20 PM

Click on the link

Yeh that is better. And TOO MUCH!
No thanks.

able
06-15-2006, 04:18 AM

NBA Source; Redick Out for Several Months with Back Injury

Duke senior J.J. Redick failed a physical at the NBA pre-draft camp in Orlando and will be out for an extended period with a back problem that may require surgery, according to a source with close NBA contacts.

A representative of Redick’s agent, Arn Tellem of Wasserman Media Group, returned a phone call from DraftExpress and read us the following statement made by Mr. Tellem: “I am confident his draft status is anywhere from 7-14. You can take that to the bank.” When asked whether Tellem is denying or confirming the rumors about Redick’s alleged back problem, the representative said that is all Arn Tellem has to say about the back issue.

A Wasserman Media Group official later denied that there are issues that might lead Redick to conduct surgery and sit out for four months. That official was not willing to deny any reports about complications with his back that may have come up during his examination in Orlando.

According to various national media reports, Redick recently cancelled a Wednesday workout with Orlando and a Saturday workout with Boston, citing a “sore back.” Redick was arrested Tuesday on charges of drunken driving, and according to one source, his infraction may have been a direct response to frustration over his possible health issues.

Trade Talk

Trade speculation has been more rampant this past week than any other time we can remember in the years we’ve been covering the NBA draft. Most people we’ve spoken with over the past few days think that there will be more movement in the lottery and first round than we’ve seen in quite some time. Here are a few potential trade rumors that are reportedly being discussed these days.

<b>Garnett to Sacramento?</b> A trade rumor that has been gaining some steam since the conclusion of the NBA pre-draft camp, this potential trade would send the disgruntled Kevin Garnett to Sacramento in return for whoever Minnesota wants with the #19 pick, Brad Miller, Kenny Thomas, and a newly signed and traded Bonzi Wells.

Pistons looking to move up?
The Detroit Pistons could be looking to move up higher into the second round in order to land a legit backup point guard. They will conduct a big point guard only workout on Thursday featuring Jose Juan Barea, Mustafa Shakur, Dwayne Mitchell, Will Blalock and Walker Russell. A 2nd round pick that is reportedly for sale is Seattle’s, slated 40th overall. The Sonics would use that money to hire another assistant coach for next year, as they reportedly do not have the budget at this time to do so considering how much money the ownership there has lost over the past few years.

The Pistons were reportedly initially hoping to draft Ukrainian big man Kyrylo Fesenko late in the 2nd round, and asked his agent to “hide” him overseas with a 2nd round promise so no one else catches wind of him. Fesenko smartened up, though, and decided to make his way over to the States to work out for NBA teams, which likely nullifies his promise by Detroit. He reportedly measured out as a legit 7-footer in one private workout, but still looks like he has a long ways to go skill wise. He has an NBA body with long arms and great raw core strength. From the tapes we’ve acquired, it’s quite obvious that he is very athletic for a player his size, European or not. His quickness is especially impressive, as he's both nimble with his feet but also runs the floor extremely well. His leaping ability is just average, though. The impressive numbers he put up early on in the season in the Ukrainian first division before moving to a new team seem to be in spite of the little coaching he’s received, not because of it. His footwork, post moves, and go-to moves around the basket all need serious work, as does his overall feel for the game. He's also not a great rebounder, and his defense is terrible any way you slice it. Fesenko’s really getting by solely on the fact that he's very athletic, plays hard, and is that much bigger than anyone else. He doesn't shy away from contact and definitely has some fight in him. The best NBA comparison for him would be Mehmet Okur, but he is very far from making a similar impact. His best bet would be to pull out of the draft, go to a better league, and enter the draft again either next year or the year after, as he’s only a 1986 born prospect. Should he stay in, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him drafted somewhere in the 2nd round, as his buyout is reportedly affordable. He wanted to play at the Eurocamp in Treviso, but requested to be added to the camp roster too late and was turned down.

VF21
06-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Can a FA like Bonzi be S&Ted in a package deal like that?

I only ever hear about S&Ts where the played being signed and traded is traded individually, not in a package like the one mentioned here.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#76

I couldn't find anything that prohibits a S&T being part of a larger trade. It could probably be done under the "simultaneous trade" rule.

As far as Bonzi goes, however, he would have to AGREE to a sign and trade to Minnesota and I don't see him going there as part of a deal to get Garnett here. There would be NO reason for him to agree to do it.

Why won't Draft Express let ppl cut & paste anymore?

Probably so people will have to visit their site. Reputable sites, like PacersDigest and Kingsfans, require people who cut and paste an article to also post a link back to the site of origin. A lot of fan sites, however, don't do it and that's probably why they've taken steps to ensure they get proper credit for what they've written.

CableKC
06-17-2006, 05:46 PM
I look at any KG trade rumor the same way I look at any JONeal trade rumor.......if I were Walsh/Bird or McHale and actually considered moving my best player...I would expect nothing less then the top player ( for KG ) or the 2nd best player ( for JONeal ) from the opposing team along with other solid players in return.

Miller, Bonzi and Thomas are very solid players if not one of the better players on the Kings.....but if Artest and/or Bibby aren't included....then I don't even know why McHale would even consider it.

VF21
06-17-2006, 08:18 PM
I look at any KG trade rumor the same way I look at any JONeal trade rumor.......if I were Walsh/Bird or McHale and actually considered moving my best player...I would expect nothing less then the top player ( for KG ) or the 2nd best player ( for JONeal ) from the opposing team along with other solid players in return.

Miller, Bonzi and Thomas are very solid players if not one of the better players on the Kings.....but if Artest and/or Bibby aren't included....then I don't even know why McHale would even consider it.

I agree about Bonzi, borderline about Miller but disagree about Kenny Thomas. He's a pain in the patoot about 90% of the time. He pouts if he doesn't start; he pouts if SAR gets too many of "his" minutes; he pouts if he thinks he isn't getting enough touches. And his contract lasts until the next decade.

I totally agree about the idea of Artest/Bibby at least having to be in the mix for McHale to even answer Petrie's calls. And Ron Artest ain't going nowhere. The Maloofs LIKE him. Until/unless he does something to change it, he's one of the core members of our team.

Garnett is good - damned good - but I honestly think the Kings would have to give up too much to get him and, since he has a trade kicker, it might be too expensive.

Look at it this way. We have a really nice wagon here in Sacramento. Yeah, it's had some problems but it's a really nice wagon. There's a couple of horses out there that would really help us pull our wagon. But there's ONE horse that would make our wagon look super-duper. But, here's the dilemma... In order to buy that horse, we have to sell the wagon.

I think Garnett is the horse. He's really nice, but if we get him and don't have anything to pull, was he worth it?

And yes, in case you're wondering...I'm getting a lot of flak for this opinion on our Kings board.

SycamoreKen
06-17-2006, 08:46 PM
But then it gets a little murky with McCants at SG and Banks/Jaric at PG. At first, I couldn't see it from the Wolve's perspective, but then you'd still have a potential trade for an impact PG using Banks/Jaric/Hudson/Eddie G, etc, to lure you a solid guy.

I read today where Banks is going to sign with the Lakers.

http://www.startribune.com/507/story/496470.html
SIDH061606
Last update: June 15, 2006 – 11:50 PM

Kubel is back producing up to expectations
After a serious knee injury kept the Twins outfielder out for the entire 2005 season, he is again running well and hitting the ball with authority.
Sid Hartman, Star Tribune

The word is that Wolves free agent point guard Marcus Banks is headed for the Los Angeles Lakers. Two years ago, the Boston Celtics and the Lakers made a trade that had Banks going to the Lakers and Gary Payton moving to the Celtics. But Payton failed a physical and the deal was called off. The Lakers have been trying to land Banks ever since, and that is where he is likely to be when the 2006-2007 season starts.

RON ARTEST
06-19-2006, 04:03 AM
And yes, in case you're wondering...I'm getting a lot of flak for this opinion on our Kings board.[/quote] well they are right. brad plays no defense and kenny thomas is worthless. we would basically be trading bonzi for garnett! if you dont like that trade you should be getting alot of "flak". im shocked you would think differently.:-o

VF21
06-19-2006, 04:58 PM
well they are right. brad plays no defense and kenny thomas is worthless. we would basically be trading bonzi for garnett! if you dont like that trade you should be getting alot of "flak". im shocked you would think differently.:-o

First, if you're going to respond to my comments, at least read them all the way through.

Garnett is good - damned good - but I honestly think the Kings would have to give up too much to get him and, since he has a trade kicker, it might be too expensive.

Look at it this way. We have a really nice wagon here in Sacramento. Yeah, it's had some problems but it's a really nice wagon. There's a couple of horses out there that would really help us pull our wagon. But there's ONE horse that would make our wagon look super-duper. But, here's the dilemma... In order to buy that horse, we have to sell the wagon.

I think Garnett is the horse. He's really nice, but if we get him and don't have anything to pull, was he worth it?

THAT's the part I'm receiving flak for, primarily from a few people whose basketball knowledge primarily consists of what they've learned from their Nintendos.

There is no one in their right mind who honestly thinks the TWolves would accept Brad, Bonzi and KT for Kevin Garnett.

That's the problem with some trade proposals. They work really fine on NBA 2006 or whatever but if you factor in REAL life they just don't make any sense.

Kevin Garnett is worth a helluva lot more than Brad Miller, Kenny Thomas and Bonzi Wells. In fact, if that's the offer, I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin McHale wet himself laughing.

RON ARTEST
06-20-2006, 06:41 AM
First, if you're going to respond to my comments, at least read them all the way through.

THAT's the part I'm receiving flak for, primarily from a few people whose basketball knowledge primarily consists of what they've learned from their Nintendos.

There is no one in their right mind who honestly thinks the TWolves would accept Brad, Bonzi and KT for Kevin Garnett.

That's the problem with some trade proposals. They work really fine on NBA 2006 or whatever but if you factor in REAL life they just don't make any sense.

Kevin Garnett is worth a helluva lot more than Brad Miller, Kenny Thomas and Bonzi Wells. In fact, if that's the offer, I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin McHale wet himself laughing.can you think of a better deal then that? what did the lakers get for shaq? whatever the timberwolves get for KG it wont be equal value and you know it. if you can think of a better deal then two starters, a very good bench player and a draft pick then go right ahead.

Since86
06-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Supposedly Bonzi is as good as signed, even though he wouldn't/can't say where.

To make a long story short, Bonzi said the deal was done but he "didn't know where."

Obviously he knows where, but couldn't say.

I heard the story directly from who he told, and it was in the middle of a story completely different from basketball.

He also must be a pretty decent golfer, because I personally heard him say he shot a 76.

EDIT: I guess I should include the info that he golfs at the club that I do. It's out away from Muncie with people who don't give two *****s who he is, and leaves him alone.

cariocapacer
06-20-2006, 05:31 PM
He also must be a pretty decent golfer, because I personally heard him say he shot a 76.

Pobably more like most golfers I know - not a good golfer but a pretty good liar.