PDA

View Full Version : The Jet A Free Agent

larry
06-13-2006, 10:55 PM
I think Jason Terry is my favorite player in the world right now.
I would love to see him Indiana. He plays the point as well, which makes it better. Of course he will be out of our price range, just like anybody that's any good. He wouldn't look as good here anyway, because Dirk>O'Neil.
And not by just a little. Hell the Mavs' 6th man Stack is better than everybody on Indiana except JO & Granger. Well, he is better than Danny, but Granger is more valuable due to his age, promise, and price tag.
I mean I am honestly shocked at how far away from being considered good we are. It's sad.
J. Terry has to be the #1 free agent now.
Where would you put baby Al?
Rate your top free agent and then rate your top free agent we have a shot at grabbing up.

#1 - Jason Terry
#1 (That could happen) - Al Harrington

I know we can't afford Al & trades would have to happen.
Where does Big Ben rank?

Robertmto
06-13-2006, 10:59 PM
I would love to see him Indiana. He plays the point as well, which makes it better. Of course he will be out of our price range, just like anybody that's any good. He wouldn't look as good here anyway, because Dirk>O'Neil.
And not by just a little. Hell the Mavs' 6th man Stack is better than everybody on Indiana except JO & Granger. Well, he is better than Danny, but Granger is more valuable due to his age, promise, and price tag.
I mean I am honestly shocked at how far away from being considered good we are. It's sad.

:blahblah:

Bandwagon jumper...

PacerFan31
06-13-2006, 11:08 PM
I wanted Terry when he played for the Hawks.

Now there is no chance in hell we could get him.

Anthem
06-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Where would you put baby Al?
Rate your top free agent and then rate your top free agent we have a shot at grabbing up.

#1 - Jason Terry
#1 (That could happen) - Al Harrington

I know we can't afford Al & trades would have to happen.
Where does Big Ben rank?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20021011h.gif

bulldog
06-13-2006, 11:39 PM
He has a very good situation in Dallas. Dirk being able to handle the ball and draw double teams is a perfect situation for him, he doesn't have the pressure to create, and can go towards his natural talent, scoring. Best part is, Dirk's mere presence on the floor shifts the D, yet he doesn't dominate the ball like McGrady or Kobe, giving Terry enough touches to keep him happy. Very few teams where he would be quite as good.

The real genius of the Mavs isn't Avery Johnson, or Del Harris. It's Donnie Nelson, the GM who put this team together. The pieces really fit well, and they've found some amazing gems over the years...Howard, Daniels late in the draft, signing Terry when others thought he was the poor man's Iverson, ressurecting Diop, getting some good pieces (Stack, Harris) for Jamison and Walker, etc.

SoupIsGood
06-14-2006, 12:02 AM
Not a chance that we get him.

Anthem
06-14-2006, 12:04 AM
I keep reading the title and wondering "Why would we want to sign Kenny Smith?"

SoupIsGood
06-14-2006, 12:08 AM
Man, it's O'Neal, not O'Neil! He plays for our team!! Yeesh.

Sollozzo
06-14-2006, 12:39 AM
I remember a couple of years ago when a large amount of this board said they didn't want Terry when he was rumored to be traded here in a deal for Tinsley.

Young
06-14-2006, 12:43 AM
I remember a couple of years ago when a large amount of this board said they didn't want Terry when he was rumored to be traded here in a deal for Tinsley.

Yep and that's when Tinsley was healthy and Terry was unproven at the point on a good team.

I think I wanted Terry back then, I can't remember haha, but now I don't want him. He will command a big contract and he is not the answer to us winning a championship right now.

beast23
06-14-2006, 01:10 AM
Yep and that's when Tinsley was healthy and Terry was unproven at the point on a good team.

Uh, no!

Terry was completing 3rd or 4th year with the Hawks. With the Hawks, he had always averaged over 15 ppg, 5 apg, 4 rb. He shot better than Tinsley from 2FG, 3FG and FT. He was quicker than Tinsley and he could defend a hell of a lot better than Tinsley.

Even if playing for an inferior team, in no way could you say that his talent was unproven at either backcourt position.

There was some question about his character as I recall, but that was about it. Personally, I thought anyone would have to be crazy not to want Terry over Tinsley.

As it has turned out the last couple of years, we've been in sad need of perimeter players capable of slashing, shooting and defending.

Seems like when we traded Al, we traded for the wrong Hawk.

Ron who?
06-14-2006, 01:22 AM
Seems like when we traded Al, we traded for the wrong Hawk.

im not so sure about that because S-Jax first year here he was actually a good factor its just his second year has been utter crap... besides im not sure if terry would fit too well in Carlisle's system

Young
06-14-2006, 01:26 AM
Uh, no!

Terry was completing 3rd or 4th year with the Hawks. With the Hawks, he had always averaged over 15 ppg, 5 apg, 4 rb. He shot better than Tinsley from 2FG, 3FG and FT. He was quicker than Tinsley and he could defend a hell of a lot better than Tinsley.

Even if playing for an inferior team, in no way could you say that his talent was unproven at either backcourt position.

There was some question about his character as I recall, but that was about it. Personally, I thought anyone would have to be crazy not to want Terry over Tinsley.

Uhh read:

Terry was unproven at the point on a good team.

GOOD TEAM. Are you saying the Hawks were good when Terry was on them? I don't think the Hawks had a winning season with Terry, so yes there were questions about him being able to play point on a GOOD team.

Hell I was thinking that Terry didn't even play the point in Atlanta a lot of time, but I can't remember.

beast23
06-14-2006, 02:05 AM
Uhh read:

Terry was unproven at the point on a good team.

GOOD TEAM. Are you saying the Hawks were good when Terry was on them? I don't think the Hawks had a winning season with Terry, so yes there were questions about him being able to play point on a GOOD team.

Hell I was thinking that Terry didn't even play the point in Atlanta a lot of time, but I can't remember.

Terry had the ball in his hands quite a bit of the time when he was in Atlanta. That's why I addressed your earlier comment with...

From MY perspective, there never was a question of whether Terry would be a better player for the Pacers than Tinsley. You have to recall that, at that time, Tinsley had a contact extension on the horizon. Terry was, BY FAR, the more proven player.

Ignoring any health issues that have developed since that time, the entire problem with Tinsley that could never be fixed is the fact that he defense absolutely sucks. He will never be able to stop dribble penetration.

Despite what your opinion might be regarding Terry's distribution abilities at that time, Terry was better than Tinsley in virtually every statistic, significantly better in most, had and has much better speed, and can do an excellent job defending most guards in the league.

At that time, we did have a lot of folks on the forum that were infatuated with Tinsley's "potential". But there were several of us who also stated that after both players received new contracts, their dollars wouldn't be that far apart and Terry would be the far better asset.

I really thought that the difference between the two camps boiled down to the fact that one group could not take the blinders off due to the fact that they were in love with a Pacer player, whereas the other camp was able to ignore the different uniforms and merely look at the abilities of the two players.

Because there was a significant difference in the level of abilities... and their obviously still is.

J_2_Da_IzzO
06-14-2006, 02:59 AM
I just wanted to address one issue quickly.

JO >>> Dirk

Thank You.

Fireball Kid
06-14-2006, 03:45 AM

JO >>> Dirk

Thank You.

I'll take that 27 and 13 guy over the 21 and 7 guy anytime.

Anyways, I would possibly kill myself if Dallas does not re-sign Terry. He has been one of the main ingredients to our current run.

larry
06-14-2006, 05:39 AM
For all those that call me a bandwagon jumper...
There is no gaurentee that Dallas wins the tittle.
Research and read about me talking about J. Terry in the NCAA tittle game against UK. I know we can't get him now. Who would you like to see the Pacers go after? Y'all can hate if you want, but Big Larry knows what is going down. Where's the love for a young man from the same place y'all come from making his mark in bussiness? Back in school everybody was cool. Now since I started a small bussiness and made a little bank either y'all act fake or ride my d*ck. Look man, I'm just an Indiana until I die dude like the rest of y'all. If you want to act like you are better than me fine. Jealousy is a weak wepon. When I mispell... I'm an idot. When Uncle buck does it's a typo. I graduated honor and skipped 2 grades. Nobody else on the board can say that...
Hey, if you don't like me blow me.

Anyways, I would possibly kill myself if Dallas does not re-sign Terry. He has been one of the main ingredients to our current run.

you my friend know what you are talking about. I seriously doubt Cuban lets terry walk. In fact he is as good as resigned.

JO >>> Dirk

Thank You.

How many Pacers fans that love JO like myself can say that really?
I know I catch hate for my brutal honesty, but JO is not on Dirk's level.
I'm a Pacer fan, so I hope this changes, but JO has a stock that has plummeted. JO must now prove us wrong and I hope he does. I hope he slims down and returns to form. I really do... I swear.
I feel that Dirk is the NBA's best.
#1 - Dirk
#2 - TIE Kobe/Lebron
#3 - TIE Kobe/Lebron

Terry had the ball in his hands quite a bit of the time when he was in Atlanta. That's why I addressed your earlier comment with...

From MY perspective, there never was a question of whether Terry would be a better player for the Pacers than Tinsley. You have to recall that, at that time, Tinsley had a contact extension on the horizon. Terry was, BY FAR, the more proven player.

Ignoring any health issues that have developed since that time, the entire problem with Tinsley that could never be fixed is the fact that he defense absolutely sucks. He will never be able to stop dribble penetration.

Despite what your opinion might be regarding Terry's distribution abilities at that time, Terry was better than Tinsley in virtually every statistic, significantly better in most, had and has much better speed, and can do an excellent job defending most guards in the league.

At that time, we did have a lot of folks on the forum that were infatuated with Tinsley's "potential". But there were several of us who also stated that after both players received new contracts, their dollars wouldn't be that far apart and Terry would be the far better asset.

I really thought that the difference between the two camps boiled down to the fact that one group could not take the blinders off due to the fact that they were in love with a Pacer player, whereas the other camp was able to ignore the different uniforms and merely look at the abilities of the two players.

Because there was a significant difference in the level of abilities... and their obviously still is.

Thank you! You are an intellegent basketball fan. I admit Tinsely has looked good, but ever since he signed the injury bug has forced me to not like him on our team. I'm sur he's a great guy, but I'm done with him. I hope I am at least.

Robertmto
06-14-2006, 07:26 AM
OK guys, I'll take this one...

Research and read about me talking about J. Terry in the NCAA tittle game against UK. I know we can't get him now. Who would you like to see the Pacers go after? Y'all can hate if you want, but Big Larry knows what is going down. Where's the love for a young man from the same place y'all come from making his mark in bussiness? Back in school everybody was cool. Now since I started a small bussiness and made a little bank either y'all act fake or ride my d*ck. Look man, I'm just an Indiana until I die dude like the rest of y'all. If you want to act like you are better than me fine. Jealousy is a weak wepon. When I mispell... I'm an idot. When Uncle buck does it's a typo. I graduated honor and skipped 2 grades. Nobody else on the board can say that...

Umm...does this have anything to do with basketball or why we called u a bandwagon jumper? Hold on lemme re-read it

Nope. And BTW

I graduated honor and skipped 2 grades. Nobody else on the board can say that...

Not if they want to have correct grammar.

I feel that Dirk is the NBA's best.
#1 - Dirk
#2 - TIE Kobe/Lebron
#3 - TIE Kobe/Lebron

Why isn't the 2 time defending MVP in the top 3?

Anthem
06-14-2006, 08:04 AM
Uh, no!

And they were playing him at SG because he couldn't run an offense.

SoupIsGood
06-14-2006, 08:08 AM

:chillpill

Slick Pinkham
06-14-2006, 08:10 AM

JO >>> Dirk

Thank You.

1% of the world's population agrees with you.

You, JO's relatives, and a few scattered persons who have skipped taking their medications.

317Kim
06-14-2006, 08:15 AM
1% of the world's population agrees with you.

You, JO's relatives, and a few scattered persons who have skipped taking their medications.

So, I guess I should start using that inhaler again :chuckle:

Anthem
06-14-2006, 08:15 AM
Not if they want to have correct grammar.
Ladies and gentlemen, the point goes to Robert.

Game, set, and match.

Slick Pinkham
06-14-2006, 08:42 AM
So, I guess I should start using that inhaler again :chuckle:

Two greater-than signs (>>) means "much much better than"

I can understand why someone could think JO was

1) almost as good as Dirk
2) about equal to Dirk
3) a teeny bit better than Dirk

I could roll my eyes and even let it pass if someone argues that JO is better than Dirk.

These are comparisions that warrant the two greater-than signs:

Steve Nash >> Anthony Johnson
Dwayne Wade >> Stephen Jackson

Dirk and JO are both quality players. Like most, I prefer Dirk and think that he can do everything JO can do and do it better, except talk trash, block shots, and get hurt.

Unclebuck
06-14-2006, 08:42 AM
A month ago I bumped a thread from 2 years ago where we discussed trading for Terry. I could bump it again, or I could protect the guilty

317Kim
06-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Two greater-than signs (>>) means "much much better than"

I can understand why someone could think JO was

1) almost as good as Dirk
2) about equal to Dirk
3) a teeny bit better than Dirk

I could roll my eyes and even let it pass if someone argues that JO is better than Dirk.

These are comparisions that warrant the two greater-than signs:

Steve Nash >> Anthony Johnson
Dwayne Wade >> Stephen Jackson

Dirk and JO are both quality players. Like most, I prefer Dirk and think that he can do everything JO can do and do it better, except talk trash, block shots, and get hurt.

I realized that it meant "much much better than" but I must be blinded by love. Also, the smilie I was using was "chuckling". I was hoping that would hint that I wasn't dead serious, taking it offensively or anything like that.

Slick Pinkham
06-14-2006, 08:55 AM
No offense taken.

And I would love to get Jason Terry in a Pacers uniform. We need team speed desperately.

Robertmto
06-14-2006, 09:04 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, the point goes to Robert.

Game, set, and match.

:thankyou:

I'm here every Thursday, try the veal!

birdman
06-14-2006, 09:22 AM
... besides im not sure if terry would fit too well in Carlisle's system

I don't think anyone fits into Carlisle's system :unimpress.

Robertmto
06-14-2006, 09:30 AM

:carlisle:

Slick Pinkham
06-14-2006, 09:31 AM
We have a quick PF (JO), a very quick though thoroughly offensively challenged backup PF (Jeff), and we may be able to keep our quick but undersized backup SG (Fred).

Everyone else is so slow I don't care if you make the coach D'Antoni or even Paul freakin' Westhead this team is not quick enough to win many games by outrunning people.

I don't care about how a player fits Carlisle's system. If you give him athletic players and he still plays slog-ball, then there is no excuse to keep him and we would be in better position for the next coach.

Robertmto
06-14-2006, 09:33 AM
We have a quick PF (JO), a very quick though thoroughlt offensively challenged backup PF (Jeff), and we may be able to keep our quick but undersized backup SG (Fred).

Everyone else is so slow I don't care if you make the coach D'Antoni or even Paul freakin' Westhead this team is not quick enough to win many games by outrunning people.

I don't care about how a player fits Carlisle's system. If you give him athletic players and he still plays slog-ball, then there is no excuse to keep him and we would be in better position for the next coach.

Maybe Carlisle's half court, snail game would be effective if they had a more dominant post presence, and not the quicker jump shooting man that is JO.

Tom White
06-14-2006, 09:39 AM
When I mispell... I'm an idot.

Priceless.

beast23
06-14-2006, 09:39 AM
And they were playing him at SG because he couldn't run an offense.I agree that he was the SG. However, the man was averaging over 5 assists per game. Does it matter whether he got those assists by driving and dishing or bringing defensive men to him and passing off for the perimeter shot.

The fact remains that he averaged over 5 assists per game.

Many fault AJ for not being the "traditional PG" who is able to feed the ball into the post in the half court. But I'll tell you right now, I'd take AJ over Tinsley whether Tinsley is healthy or not. AJ takes care of the ball and he is able to play defense.

For me, the only real measure of a PG's offensive prowess should be measured by offensive proficiency with that particular player on the court. In other words, what's the average number of points scored per possession (or 100 possessions) with the player on the court.

Will Galen
06-14-2006, 09:42 AM
My take on JO and Dirk.

JO was better than Dirk when he came in 3rd in the MVP race a couple years ago. However, Dirk has improved so much that he is now better than JO when JO was at his best.

JO on the other hand went the other way mainly due to injuries. It remains to be seen if JO can get back to his highest level. I think he can. In fact I think both Dirk and JO can improve to a level higher than either are on right now.

As for Terry, I want someone better.

Robertmto
06-14-2006, 09:44 AM
When I mispell... I'm an idot.

Priceless.

I didn't even notice that :rotflmao:

beast23
06-14-2006, 09:52 AM
My take on JO and Dirk.

JO was better than Dirk when he came in 3rd in the MVP race a couple years ago. However, Dirk has improved so much that he is now better than JO when JO was at his best.

JO on the other hand went the other way mainly due to injuries. It remains to be seen if JO can get back to his highest level. I think he can. In fact I think both Dirk and JO can improve to a level higher than either are on right now.Spot on.

Another reason for JO's lower ranking among the league's elite is that he requires a complementary player to play with him to be at his best... and he hasn't had that over the last couple of years.

I would imagine that Dirk would be an absolute load to handle whether he would have a complementary player or not. He just has the total package... great around the glass, mid-range game and perimeter game.

Right now, Dirk is a significantly better player. If salaries were totally ignored, to get Dirk we would probably have to trade JO along with any other 2-3 players on our roster that Dallas would choose.

Anxiety
06-14-2006, 09:55 AM
Priceless.

:lol:

I am sorry Robert but this has to be a thread winner :laugh:

I did not even notice that

Robertmto
06-14-2006, 10:04 AM
I would like to offer to share my point with Tom..

There is no guarantee that Dallas wins the title.
Research and read about me talking about J. Terry in the NCAA title game against UK. I know we can't get him now. Who would you like to see the Pacers go after? Y'all can hate if you want, but Big Larry knows what is going down. Where's the love for a young man from the same place y'all come from making his mark in business? Back in school everybody was cool. Now since I started a small business and made a little bank either y'all act fake or ride my d*ck. Look man, I'm just an Indiana until I die dude like the rest of y'all. If you want to act like you are better than me fine. Jealousy is a weak weapon. When I misspell... I'm an idiot. When Uncle buck does it's a typo. I graduated with honors and skipped 2 grades. Nobody else on the board can say that...

Fixed.

And BTW I actually did just graduate from Tech HS with an Academic Honors diploma. ;)

Since86
06-14-2006, 10:24 AM
Can we move past the personal shots now?

FrenchConnection
06-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Can we move past the personal shots now?

No, because this is a message board and that is what people do on these.

Mushmouth
06-14-2006, 12:24 PM
I keep reading the title and wondering "Why would we want to sign Kenny Smith?"

hahaha - Thought the same thing. Had no idea Terry had cribbed his knickname.

We don't have the bankrole to get Terry.

I'm completely detached this offseason, intrigued, but detached. Does anyone really have an idea what moves Bird/Walsh will make? Do we even know which one is making the moves? Haven't been in this position since 2001... multiple forks in the road right now.

Since86
06-14-2006, 12:30 PM
No, because this is a message board and that is what people do on these.

Take it to the Shout Box then. This one is labeled "Pacers.
The place to talk Pacers and the rest of the NBA."

SoupIsGood
06-14-2006, 12:49 PM

Except for AJ and Micheal Curry! They fit great into Rick's system..... :unimpress

Skaut_Ech
06-14-2006, 12:56 PM

Me, too! Why do I remember?

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4589&highlight=jason+terry

Here's what I had to say in June, 2004:

"Do I like Terry?? Hell, yes!!:scream:
The guy is an offensive presence. A strong one. And on a defensive minded team like this one, he could be a real catalyst.

I agree with Bill that Terry would be no bigger a liablity than Reggie, but with a WHOLE lot better upside.

Does the though of tow small guards being in at the same time bother me? Not really. Why? Look at the title winning Detroit Pistons.

No, not the recent ones.

The ones from around 1990. Dumars...Thomas...Vinnie Johnson. The Psitons made other teams adjust to them, not the other way around.

Whereas some of you say we'd get posted up a lot, I say we'd run the other team ragged.

Terry's problem is that he's been forced to play at the one spot. Let him be a 2 and that's it.

Salry-wise, a Terry trade is kinda tough straight up. Hawks onyl have 4 players under contract right now for trade purposes and odds are it would have to be a 2 for 2 trade...along with the fact that Terry, I think, gets right of refusal, if he wants.

But Doug, I say with this coaching staff, any defensive liabilities posed by Terry would be greatly minimized."

Note the other reactions. Granted, I saw him as being a two, but imagine if we HAD got him and he managed to produce at the 1 like he has been?

And this is from July, 2004, from RATS, quoting Indystar

The Jackson one is the rumored Terry,and resigned Jackson trade rumor. Bird , is not sold on Tinsley . Mike Brown has been consulted as the article says about Jackson. BUT we are not going to over spend on him.

Both Bird and Walsh are on agreement on who they want. A key in acquiring both Jackson and Terry is the fact they became good friends this season in Atlanta.

Terry adds quickness which Bird and Walsh see as a key on stopping the point guard penitration into our defense. Something Tinsley has been unable to provide.

He also is not as erratic as Tinsley with the 3. Not a great 3 point shooter he is more consistant than Tinsley less 0 for 7 then 4 for 4 nights. He's more 2 for 6 every night.

The dilema for Bird is they are torn on Dampier . They know he is a 12ppg,12rpg player but not sure he's 10 mil worthy. The fact Harrison fell to them clouded the picture.

Harrison is a virtual Dampier clone. Walsh, is a Dampier fan but also has serious reservations on a 4-5 year deal at 43-55 mil range.

To get all 3 Terry , Jackson and Dampier will be difficult but Bird and Walsh both feel it can be done.

Barry's request for a 4 year deal was a little suprising to them also. They had planned on a 2 year offer feeling at33 this winter they could see 2 years , 4 they feel is too much.

Fisher is not coming they had initial intrest but appears his price is a little high.

I think this little nugget gives us GREAT insight into a litte of what the Pacer's braintrust is thinking regarding trades and drafting. (Terry and Jackson, buddies, huh?)

Also, I found this pretty amusing from July, 2004:

Hoops Hype has Jason Terry listed at 7M next season. Jackson is looking for a deal starting around the mid level exception, 5.1 or what ever it is.

Thats 12M the Hawks would be sending us.

We would have to send back 10.2 or more

Harrington & Bender are 12.6

I would not to that deal.

I would not do that deal either

So at least we know this is BS in a major form, If we wanted to get rid of tins, then he would've been added to the lot offered to the Magic, swoop no pain, get terry and Jackson and move on.

Tins was moved into the line-up and has done great, not failed us 1 time. Saying anything else is utter nonsense.

Well, if Jackson is leaving the Hawks anyway, then essentially we'd be trading for Terry, who I know Donnie has expressed interest in before. Now, I also know Billy Knight has told Donnie that it would take no less than Ron to pry Terry away from Atlanta. So, take that for what it's worth and read into it what you will.

Ron for Terry would be terrible.

And I see nothing wrong with Tinsley. He has been one of the more consistant players on this team

and finally, we have this:

Jason Terry = :puke:

Bird thinking that Terry would be a better point than Tinsley = :banghead:

All these gems can be found here! (http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4728&page=2&highlight=jason+terry)

FrenchConnection
06-14-2006, 12:56 PM
Take it to the Shout Box then. This one is labeled "Pacers.
The place to talk Pacers and the rest of the NBA."

Hey, I have never insulted anyone on here. I was only making an observation.

JayRedd
06-14-2006, 02:21 PM

I wouldn't worry about the billionaire owner with a bad hair cut worrying too much about paying JT whatever he wants. Not like he's worried about the luxury tax or has much cap room to do anything else. So he'll re-sign Terry whatever the asking price. And at 28 years old, I'm guessing Terry would want the extra sixth year Dallas can offer.

Jon Theodore
06-14-2006, 02:42 PM
I wanted Terry when he played for the Hawks.

Now there is no chance in hell we could get him.

I was a huge Terry fan and always have been.

I loved Shareef and Terry when they played for the hawks, now everyone likes Terry.

I always played with the Hawks on NBA videogames and such back in those days.

Kegboy
06-14-2006, 03:16 PM
I'd just like to reiterate that Kenny Smith is The Jet.

That is all.

(oh, and I still don't like shoot-first points.)

Robertmto
06-14-2006, 05:25 PM
I'd just like to reiterate that Kenny Smith is The Jet.

That is all.

(oh, and I still don't like shoot-first points.)

What about pass first 2 guards?

Leisure Suit Larry
06-14-2006, 05:28 PM
I wouldn't worry about the billionaire owner with a bad hair cut worrying too much about paying JT whatever he wants. Not like he's worried about the luxury tax or has much cap room to do anything else. So he'll re-sign Terry whatever the asking price. And at 28 years old, I'm guessing Terry would want the extra sixth year Dallas can offer.

No personal attacks

JayRedd
06-14-2006, 05:31 PM
No personal attacks

Just stating the facts, my man. As they say, it's not slander if it's true.

Putnam
06-14-2006, 05:36 PM
This is in response to a post much earlier in the thread, but.....

Man, it's O'Neal, not O'Neil! He plays for our team!! Yeesh.

Go easy on him. There is a poster on the wall in the Pacers front office suite right now (or was until very recently) with the name of another current player misspelled.

Go to the Front Office tour with Scot Pollard" thread to see.

Sollozzo
06-14-2006, 06:05 PM
A month ago I bumped a thread from 2 years ago where we discussed trading for Terry. I could bump it again, or I could protect the guilty

bump away

Kegboy
06-14-2006, 08:08 PM
What about pass first 2 guards?

You mean like Cabbage?

:duck:

ChicagoJ
06-14-2006, 08:20 PM

That just might be signature material.

Too bad your namesake doesn't agree.

larry
06-14-2006, 08:22 PM
We can't have Terry. I liked Tins alot, but after he signed an extension he became injury prone. He did make us a better team back in the day. The Pacers have got to get some kind of good luck soon.
btw... Robetmto get in the oven & be my pizza

Anthem
06-14-2006, 09:09 PM
All these gems can be found here! (http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4728&page=2&highlight=jason+terry)
I just checked the whole thread, and I was excited to see I didn't make a fool of myself.

Robertmto
06-14-2006, 10:11 PM

Ok I was done makin the personal attacks I really was, but ewwwwww WTF? Who is that guy and why do you want to eat him?

Now as for Terry he would be good here but then again alot of FA's would fit good here if you guys had any cap room.

Anthem
06-14-2006, 10:23 PM
That's high-larious.

So when you say you skipped 2 grades.... never mind that's mean.

Let me ask you a question. How old are you? And what two grades did you skip?

Robertmto
06-14-2006, 10:27 PM
So when you say you skipped 2 grades.... never mind that's mean.Let me ask you a question. How old are you? And what two grades did you skip?

Dying to know as well.

Anthem
06-14-2006, 10:54 PM
Except for AJ and Micheal Curry! They fit great into Rick's system..... :unimpress
And don't forget.... umm.... never mind, that's it. I can't think of any other players that fit Rick's system.

Robertmto
06-14-2006, 10:58 PM
And don't forget.... umm.... never mind, that's it. I can't think of any other players that fit Rick's system.

Lindsey Hunter

Ron who?
06-19-2006, 02:01 AM

agreed...

Steve McQueen
06-19-2006, 02:08 AM
Terry is strictly a shooter, but he's one of the best in the league. I wouldn't pay him top dollar because he's a so-so defender and his point guard skills are severely lacking. And for those who want to call him a winner, don't forget his stint in Atlanta.

I think he's worth around $7M a year, which is out of the Pacers price range. I'd like to see us offer Sam Cassell a 3 year, $15M deal with our MLE then make a trade to aquire a center upgrade. Maybe something like #17 and Foster to Milwaukee for Jamaal Magloire.

Cassell/Jackson/Peja/O'Neal/Magloire with our awesome bench is a true contender.

naptownmenace
06-19-2006, 10:41 AM

I think I started a thread begging for a Tinsley/Jason Terry trade two years ago. I remember how many people told me that Tinsley was the better player and that Terry was just a guy putting up good numbers on a bad team (good God I really hate that saying).

It's kinda sad now that I look back at it in retrospect. They could've had him on the cheap back then with a sign and trade and draft pick but now he'll command a near max contract.