PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: J.J. Redick out several months with back injury, may require surgery

Shade
06-13-2006, 10:09 PM
Man, it just sucks to be JJ today, doesn't it? He may fall to #17 yet. ;)

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1341

I can't seem to copy & paste for some reason. :whoknows:

Robertmto
06-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Horrible day to be JJ!

:devil:

Pacersfan46
06-13-2006, 11:05 PM
I don't care why, but as long as we don't take him, I'm happy.

BoomBaby31
06-15-2006, 02:49 AM
If this is true, we will 100% definetly have a choice to take J.J or to pick some one else. If Farmar, and J.J are left at number 17 it will be one tough decision. I want J.J but, back problems scare me they don't heal easy.

Trader Joe
06-15-2006, 02:51 PM
If Luke Jackson taught the NBA anything let it be to not take one dimensional jump shooters with back problems.

Gamble
06-15-2006, 05:21 PM
This could be the reason why he pulled out of workouts.

Even though JJ might not be worth our first round pick I respect the
guy for being such a competitor. IF we could just draft a guy who
has his mindset we could be a much better team.

jcouts
06-15-2006, 06:23 PM
he can shoot and he loves being the villain...

if he were 6'7, I'd take him.

Steve McQueen
06-16-2006, 12:52 AM
If Luke Jackson taught the NBA anything let it be to not take one dimensional jump shooters with back problems.
I don't agree with this thinking. There have been players who have failed when they looked amazing on paper, and there have been players who have succeeded when they look like duds on paper. It's all about the individual player, and from what I've seen in college, I have no reason to believe J.J. won't succeed in the NBA. He may never be an All-Star, but I'm confident he'll be a solid starter based off of his Godly shooting alone. If J.J. fell to us at #17 I'd be very happy.Question: So many of you seem to like the thought of going after Ben Gordon yet are opposed to us drafting J.J. due to his height. Gordon is 6'2", maybe 6'3" on a good day. J.J. is nearly 6'5" in shoes, the same height as Ray Allen. What gives?

Trader Joe
06-16-2006, 03:34 PM
I don't agree with this thinking. There have been players who have failed when they looked amazing on paper, and there have been players who have succeeded when they look like duds on paper. It's all about the individual player, and from what I've seen in college, I have no reason to believe J.J. won't succeed in the NBA. He may never be an All-Star, but I'm confident he'll be a solid starter based off of his Godly shooting alone. If J.J. fell to us at #17 I'd be very happy.Question: So many of you seem to like the thought of going after Ben Gordon yet are opposed to us drafting J.J. due to his height. Gordon is 6'2", maybe 6'3" on a good day. J.J. is nearly 6'5" in shoes, the same height as Ray Allen. What gives?

What gives? Well hopefully not Redick's back. I think you missed the key part of my post not only is Redick just a jump shooter, but he is naturally less athletic than both Allen and Gordon, but the key part is a jump shooter with BACK problems. Back problems are death to jump shooters.

Leisure Suit Larry
06-16-2006, 05:17 PM
If they can get him at #17 its worth the risk. I don't think anyone is going to look back and say "We wasted the 17th pick in a weak draft over JJ Redick"

Jermaniac
06-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Lets hope this scares Donnie and Larry from taking him.

Anthem
06-17-2006, 11:41 AM
If they can get him at #17 its worth the risk. I don't think anyone is going to look back and say "We wasted the 17th pick in a weak draft over JJ Redick"
The draft is weak at the top but strong in the middle. Not a ton of superstars, but there will be some good players at #17.

Robertmto
06-17-2006, 12:03 PM
If he really is effected by this injury he will be even slower.

JayRedd
06-19-2006, 02:50 PM
Lets hope this scares Donnie and Larry from taking him.

I swear to God that if we passed up on Corey Maggette because of a foot injury and then draft JJ with a back injury, I'll :censored: ing, bull:censored:, God:censored:, sonofa:censored:

Leisure Suit Larry
06-19-2006, 02:56 PM
Let's try to get a little more negative here. Do any of you like anything about this team?

JayRedd
06-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Let's try to get a little more negative here. Do any of you like anything about this team?

We might have the coolest logo in the league. And Boomer would beat the snot out of that weak-*** Gorilla from Phoenix.

tadscout
06-19-2006, 03:02 PM
We might have the coolest logo in the league. And Boomer would beat the snot out of that weak-*** Gorilla from Phoenix.

:woohoo: