PDA

View Full Version : Inside Information---

easyv_25
06-13-2006, 08:30 AM
I was talking to Rod Wilmont last night when we we playing poker, and he gave me some interesting news. He said that former IU bball guard MStrickland has been working out with a few NBA teams and the Pacers are one of them. Supposedly, the work-out went very well, and the Pacers are very interested in him. Is there any chance that he could be drafted in the 2nd round? Or just be a free agent pick up. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Pacers Uniform, and even though he didn't have such a great college bball career, I think he would be a better player in the NBA. He is definately an upgrade from probably Eddie Gill. Thoughts???

Slick Pinkham
06-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Undrafted free agent pick up for sure. Killingsworth might be in the same boat after he failed to impress in the Orlando draft camp.

Marshall had a good senior year. If he had been coached at all in college, he might be better off.

He still is a better 2 than a PG, and at his size, that isn't a good thing. Maybe he can play PG in the NBADL for awhile and take over the Gill role.

NavyPacersFan
06-13-2006, 09:09 AM
Pacers don't need an upgrade for Gill, they need an upgrade for Tinsley (healthy)!

Frank Slade
06-13-2006, 09:18 AM
Pacers don't need an upgrade for Gill, they need an upgrade for Tinsley (healthy)!
I wonder what Jimmie "Snap" Hunter is up too...? :confused:

btowncolt
06-13-2006, 09:20 AM
Undrafted free agent. Potentially a sharp-shooter in the mold of Fred Hoiberg off the bench. Shot the crap out of the ball his senior year, and you know how few people can seem to do that anymore.

FrenchConnection
06-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Undrafted free agent. Potentially a sharp-shooter in the mold of Fred Hoiberg off the bench. Shot the crap out of the ball his senior year, and you know how few people can seem to do that anymore.

I wonder if his range extends to the NBA 3. I do remember that shot in Maui his Freshman year, but you have to wonder about any pure shooters coming out of college. Remember, Ron Mercer was lights out from the college 3...

Skaut_Ech
06-13-2006, 11:01 AM
He is definately an upgrade from probably Eddie Gill.

Upgrade from Gill?? Is that even possible?!! How do you upgrade from the pinnacle!??

Chauncey
06-13-2006, 11:55 AM
Marshall Strickland will be playing overseas next year.

mboyle1313
06-13-2006, 04:11 PM
Frank,

Mr. Hunter played with Gary (CBA) last season, averaging 27.6 PPG in 44 games, then went over to Spain when the CBA season ended.

MJB

Anthem
06-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Frank,

Mr. Hunter played with Gary (CBA) last season, averaging 27.6 PPG in 44 games, then went over to Spain when the CBA season ended.

MJB
I liked Snap in preseason. I kept hoping against hope that we'd keep him.

Shade
06-13-2006, 05:29 PM
He is definately an upgrade from probably Eddie Gill. Thoughts???

Blasphemy! :banned:

And that seems like a contradictory sentence to me. Definitely = probably? :confused:

Strick is not a bad player, and was definitely much better suited to the 2 than the 1. But he's definitely (probably?) going to be undrafted.

Robertmto
06-13-2006, 11:34 PM
He still is a better combo guard, and at his size, that isn't a good thing. Maybe he can play PG in the NBDL for awhile and take over the Gill role.

Fixed

And is the Gill role IR1?

SoupIsGood
06-14-2006, 12:52 AM
We need Snap back!!

D-BONE
06-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Strickland never lived up to the hype in college so there's no reason to believe this underachiever will make it to the NBA. Agree with the earlier comment that he wasn't aided much by his collegiate coaching staff, but he's way to finesse anyway.