PDA

View Full Version : AMAZING RAPTORS/JAZZ TRADE! Both teams are now contenders!

Kingsfanbmiller
06-08-2006, 05:38 PM
http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/pressrelease_trade_060806.html

rexnom
06-08-2006, 05:40 PM
I hate you.

Ron who?
06-08-2006, 05:47 PM
probably the most worthless, unhelpful trade i have ever seen in my life..... but you never know Utah might get lucky and get a Boris Diaw

Los Angeles
06-08-2006, 05:49 PM
:unimpress

317Kim
06-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Yep, :unimpress

LA, I love the avy!

sweabs
06-08-2006, 06:59 PM
Man, is Colangelo ever good or what. I have so much respect for the guy...so does the rest of the league.

Robertmto
06-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Araujo is the next Shaq!!!

indytoad
06-08-2006, 08:41 PM
If you merged all the players on the Jazz and Raptors into one team they still wouldn't be contenders...

IndyToad
Bears are scary

Jermaniac
06-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Araujo is the worst player in the NBA. Hot trash, how this man got drafted 8th is beyond me.

Trader Joe
06-08-2006, 10:01 PM
If you merged all the players on the Jazz and Raptors into one team they still wouldn't be contenders...

IndyToad
Bears are scary

Maybe not contenders but they would be pretty good.

Mike James
Moe Pete
Andrei Kirilenko
Chris Bosh
Mehmet Okur

With a bench of: Deron Williams, Charlie V

Thats a pretty decent top 7.

Pacersfan46
06-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Maybe not contenders but they would be pretty good.

Mike James
Moe Pete
Andrei Kirilenko
Chris Bosh
Mehmet Okur

With a bench of: Deron Williams, Charlie V

Thats a pretty decent top 7.

I'll trade our whole team for it. Well, minus Granger, that's the deal breaker. :)

Los Angeles
06-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Yep, :unimpress

LA, I love the avy!
Thanks!

I showed it to my wife and she was like :unimpress

wooolus
06-08-2006, 10:59 PM
DIE

purdue101
06-08-2006, 11:09 PM
solid deal for both teams.

aruaja needed a fresh start. too much resentment for the guy in toronto b/c they passed up iggy to get him. he went to BYU too.

humphries was a great talent his freshman year at minnesota. i heard sloan disliked him, which is why he never played.

makes me wonder whether conlangelo has a deal in place for CV or bonner???

Eindar
06-09-2006, 01:37 AM
Wow, Colangelo is some sort of magician if he got anything other than laughs and insults when trying to trade Araujo. I thought he'd be a solid pro, sorta like Brad Miller with less offensive game and a mean streak. He looks stiffer than an I-beam in the NBA, though.

Great trade for the Raps.

Ron who?
06-09-2006, 01:43 AM
Wow, Colangelo is some sort of magician if he got anything other than laughs and insults when trying to trade Araujo. I thought he'd be a solid pro, sorta like Brad Miller with less offensive game and a mean streak. He looks stiffer than an I-beam in the NBA, though.

Great trade for the Raps.

are you serious.... what they need to do is go to Chicago or NY or LA and sign some random street ball players and drop there ****ty excuse of a line up

Chauncey
06-09-2006, 08:16 AM
Extremely good deal for the Raptors...Humphries will be a solid contributor for a long-time once he settles down and I've known Whaley since he was 14-15. He had some issues during high school but I talked to him last Summer and his head is definitely on straight these days. I think both will be solid end-of-the rotation guys for the Raps in the near future whereas Araujo would always have the stigma of "really bad draft choice" hanging over him in Toronto.

Skaut_Ech
06-09-2006, 08:37 AM
solid deal for both teams.

aruaja needed a fresh start. too much resentment for the guy in toronto b/c they passed up iggy to get him. he went to BYU too.

humphries was a great talent his freshman year at minnesota. i heard sloan disliked him, which is why he never played.

makes me wonder whether conlangelo has a deal in place for CV or bonner???

I'm with you, purdue101.

That WAS a smart trade.

People talk about making trades for chemistry reasons and this is a great example. You're right, Araujo was getting so much resentment and boos from the fans, he was never going to be able to get his head right and play well. Araujo has the tools to be a solid, but unspectacular player. MOst importantly, he plays aggressive and with all the passive players in the NBa, that's a leg up. I bet he ends up doing fine for a fundamentals style coach like Sloan.

Kris should do well also, if he can keep his ego in check. That's why he got such spotty PT. He would **** Sloan off and be in the doghouse for ball hogging and trying to grab a little glory. I think his shooting aggresiveness will be rewarded in in Toronto.

Whaley is a knucklehead, but has the tools be be a Danny Fortson type. Jury's still out on him, but overall, that was a good, smart trade that may help both teams and didn't hurt either one.

I think anyone discounting this trade as pointless is pretty short-sighted.

sweabs
06-09-2006, 12:31 PM
I bet he ends up doing fine for a fundamentals style coach like Sloan.

I'm really not sure that he will. His fundamentals are way below average, and when it comes down to flat-out basketball IQ he makes Jonathan Bender look like John Stockton.

I agree with you that he seems to work his butt off on the floor and plays aggressively, but the fact is he's simply not good. He looks lost on offense and picks up fouls faster than Hulk on the defensive end.

PacerMan
06-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Humphries was a VERY good player in the Big 10. He was the most dominant player in the league as an underclassmen. He has the potential to be a player if not a starter.

Leisure Suit Larry
06-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Humphries was a VERY good player in the Big 10. He was the most dominant player in the league as an underclassmen. He has the potential to be a player if not a starter.

Agreed, another good move for Colangeo

NuffSaid
06-09-2006, 02:39 PM
I didn't know teams could start trading players now. I've always thought they had to wait until the season was completely over which includes the Finals.

:-o