PDA

View Full Version : Albuquerque Thunderbirds- Pacers NBDL team

Will Galen
06-08-2006, 03:19 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/40831/20060608/nbdl_announces_2006_2007_team_affiliations/

NBDL Announces 2006-2007 Team Affiliations
Press Release - 06/08 - 2:19 PM EST

The National Basketball Association announced today its affiliation system for the 2006-07 NBA Development League season. Each of the 12 D-League teams will be affiliated with one-to-three NBA teams, and the NBA teams may assign players in their first two seasons to play in the D-League.

"We're thrilled to announce our 2006-07 affiliation lineup in advance of this year's NBA Draft," D-League President Phil Evans said. "Now fans can tune in and actually see some of the NBA players who could be spending time playing for their D-League team this season."

2006-07 NBA DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE TEAM AFFILIATIONS

Albuquerque Thunderbirds
Cleveland Cavaliers
Indiana Pacers
Phoenix Suns

Anaheim
Los Angeles Clippers
Portland Trail Blazers
Orlando Magic

Arkansas RimRockers
Atlanta Hawks
Memphis Grizzlies
Miami Heat

Austin Toros
Boston Celtics
Houston Rockets
San Antonio Spurs

Bakersfield Jam
Golden State Warriors
Sacramento Kings

Colorado 14ers
Denver Nuggets
New Jersey Nets
Toronto Raptors

Dakota Wizards
Chicago Bulls
Washington Wizards

Idaho Stampede
Seattle SuperSonics
Utah Jazz

Fort Worth Flyers
Charlotte Bobcats
Dallas Mavericks
Philadelphia 76ers

Los Angeles
Los Angeles Lakers

Sioux Falls Skyforce
Detroit Pistons
Minnesota Timberwolves

Tulsa 66ers
Milwaukee Bucks
New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets
New York Knicks [READ]

Kegboy
06-08-2006, 03:39 PM
:woohoo:

Any chance we can call up the coach? I don't think Phoenix or Cleveland would mind. Pretty please?

(For those who don't know, Michael Cooper just lead the T-birds to the title.)

Kegboy
06-08-2006, 03:46 PM
I don't see why the Lakers can't share their team with somebody else, like the Clippers. If they bump up to the planned 15 teams next year, does that mean one team is still gonna be shared by 3 franchises because the Lakers have their own?

Lord Helmet
06-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Interesting....

loborick
06-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Another New Mexico connection with the Pacers. Mel Daniels, Danny Granger and now the Thunderbirds! Strange...

SycamoreKen
06-08-2006, 06:44 PM
I don't see why the Lakers can't share their team with somebody else, like the Clippers. If they bump up to the planned 15 teams next year, does that mean one team is still gonna be shared by 3 franchises because the Lakers have their own?

they should move the Celtics from Austin to LA. That would be classic.

Robertmto
06-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Washington and Chicago??? share the Dakota Wizards...Dakota being no where near DC or the Chi. lol.

Lord Helmet
06-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Another New Mexico connection with the Pacers. Mel Daniels, Danny Granger and now the Thunderbirds! Strange...
:cool:

VF21
06-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Hey! This sucks. Last year the KINGS - owned by the Maloofs of New Mexico - were part of the Thunderbirds. That was cool. Thunderbirds evoke neat mental images.

This year we're with the Bakersfield Jam? From an honored tribal symbol to a jar of fruit preserves?

:censored:

Jermaniac
06-08-2006, 10:01 PM
This is going to be the home for our draft pick in this draft if Rick Carlisle has anysay. Young people are the devil.

Stryder
06-08-2006, 11:20 PM
What is the exact reason the Lakers get their own NBDL team?

Seriously.

Jermaniac
06-08-2006, 11:31 PM
They bought one I beleive.

VF21
06-09-2006, 12:46 AM
It's being reported that Dr. Buss did indeed buy a NBDL franchise and he's going to let the Laker fans name it. I'm thinking mini-Lakers or Lakerettes or Lakers Lite.

Chauncey
06-09-2006, 08:19 AM
What is the exact reason the Lakers get their own NBDL team?

Seriously.

They bought it.

RWB
06-09-2006, 09:31 AM

And it really doesn't stop there. NM coaching legend Bob King after retiring from Lobo land came on up to Terre Haute to take the Indiana State AD job. Wound up becoming the basketball coach, hired Mel Daniels as an assistant, and then convinced one Larry Bird to become a Sycamore.

So in reality Bird has been influenced alot by the New Mexico connection and has stated as such in his appreciation for Bob and Mel's guidance.

loborick
06-09-2006, 10:50 AM
And it really doesn't stop there. NM coaching legend Bob King after retiring from Lobo land came on up to Terre Haute to take the Indiana State AD job. Wound up becoming the basketball coach, hired Mel Daniels as an assistant, and then convinced one Larry Bird to become a Sycamore.

So in reality Bird has been influenced alot by the New Mexico connection and has stated as such in his appreciation for Bob and Mel's guidance.

I knew there was another link, but I couldn't remember it. Bob King (who the court at the Pit is named for) did recruit Bird to Indiana St. It is only natural that Indiana and New Mexico be connected.

Another one...Bobby Knight used an offer from the Lobos to coach them in the mid-80s to get a bigger contract from IU. I remember how divided Lobo fans were about Knight coaching here, but IMO he just used us to get a bigger contract from the Hoosiers.

NuffSaid
06-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Washington and Chicago??? share the Dakota Wizards...Dakota being no where near DC or the Chi. lol.
Well, Albuquerque's nowhere close to Indy. So, what's your point?

circlecitysportsfan
06-09-2006, 03:58 PM
The distance does not matter, if the Pacers call a guy up he'll be flying anyway. Those flights don't take very long. North Dakota to Chicago is only like 2 hours.

Robertmto
06-09-2006, 11:57 PM
I just find it weird. I think it would be better if the NBDL teams were affiliated with closer teams. It would be easier for assistant coaches and scouts, etc. to go see their players. And it would generate revenus because more fans would go to NBDL games knowing the ppl they see could be on their NBA TEAM AT ANY TIME.

Kegboy
06-10-2006, 12:06 AM
I just find it weird. I think it would be better if the NBDL teams were affiliated with closer teams. It would be easier for assistant coaches and scouts, etc. to go see their players. And it would generate revenus because more fans would go to NBDL games knowing the ppl they see could be on their NBA TEAM AT ANY TIME.

Well, when you only have one team east of the Mississippi, that's kind of tough.

Kegboy
06-10-2006, 12:18 AM
:confused:

:goodnight

Pig Nash
06-10-2006, 12:30 AM
Taylor, those are all west of the Mississippi.

Robertmto
06-10-2006, 03:37 AM
Taylor, those are all west of the Mississippi.

ROTFLMAO...i read it wrong. Hahahahahahahahaha

Robertmto
06-10-2006, 03:39 AM
Well, when you only have one team east of the Mississippi, that's kind of tough.

Ur right