PDA

View Full Version : The Official Stephen Jackson Thread

Ron who?
06-08-2006, 12:55 AM
Instead of a forum, maybe a thread?

Yeah,

Maybe we could just start an official Stephen Jackson thread?

you know what i think we should... I cant pass up this opportunity

Yay time to hate on him in an organized fashion :D

8.9_seconds
06-08-2006, 01:06 AM
I think Stephen gets enough hate, I'm just gonna leave the guy alone.

Robertmto
06-08-2006, 01:44 AM
Jalen Rose re-incarnated

317Kim
06-08-2006, 07:29 AM
Stephen Jesse Jackson.

What a name :)

Since86
06-08-2006, 09:30 AM
Jalen Rose re-incarnated

Hardly.

Second line.

Kaufman
06-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Hot head or not, he was one of few players who was there on a night to night basis and I'm glad for that. When nothing else was a given, he was still there.

ChicagoJ
06-08-2006, 10:33 AM
He was still there, *****ing at the refs, taking bad shots, turning the ball over.

I'd rather be shorthanded.

Jose Slaughter
06-08-2006, 10:41 AM
By the All Star break I was so sick of Jackson & the over all performance of the team that I lost a lot of interest in how the team was doing. It got to a point where I didn't care. Jackson's play & the way the coaches handled it was sickening.

How am I suppose to look forward to another season if he remains on the roster, let alone our starting shooting guard?

FrenchConnection
06-08-2006, 11:18 AM
The only thing that I hate about Stephen is that he is a ball-hog. I hate players that complain about playing time and the number of shots after wins. Why do they care who scores as long as it is someone on the team? I guess I have just been watching too much hockey over the past few weeks, a sport where a goal is a goal, no matter who scores it.

Bball
06-08-2006, 12:35 PM
By the All Star break I was so sick of Jackson & the over all performance of the team that I lost a lot of interest in how the team was doing. It got to a point where I didn't care. Jackson's play & the way the coaches handled it was sickening.

How am I suppose to look forward to another season if he remains on the roster, let alone our starting shooting guard?

I don't think you are alone in those thoughts.

I can agree with what Andy said about Sjax being one of the few players who showed up most every night... but unfortunately I'm not sure that is so much a compliment to Sjax as it is a sad indication of the nature and makeup of this team.

-Bball

pizza guy
06-08-2006, 12:46 PM
He was still there, *****ing at the refs, taking bad shots, turning the ball over.

My sentiments exactly.

waxman
06-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Yeah he's fearless, tough and showed up every night... he just doesn't bring anything else to the table that makes those a plus.

I liked the initial trade that brought him here... but thats because he was gonna be a sixth man,,, a role he can be very good at. He's not a centerpiece player like he thinks,,,, and his ****ty attitude is contagious.... ship him OUT before he contaminates the well... if its not too late.

Roaming Gnome
06-08-2006, 03:51 PM
How many different ways can we beat this horse named Stephen....?
:deadhorse
:3deadhors
:2deadhors
:zip:
:runout:

On a serious note, I do see value in Jackson, but we do not have the situation on coaching staff to use the assets he has to offer. Personally, I don't care for Stephen for issues I dare not want to discuss on this board, but as much as I don't care for him....I do see his value that he could provide. I nearly agree Jay totally, but I want to point the finger of blame more at mngmt and the coaching staff for letting him get out of control to the point where his actions are acceptable. I know that he should have enough of a head on his shoulders to figure this out, but why couldn't anyone help him out, or tell him that his actions will not be tolorated by the coaching staff, mngmt, or most importantly....the fans! When Jax was complaining about getting boo'ed, why didn't TPTB explain to him why he was getting boo'd, instead of "circling the wagons" by having Carlisle explain how he is unhappy with the fan's treatment of Stephen, or troting out some "feel good feature" in the local paper.

My point is...If Carlisle was not so damn afraid of what happened in Detroit...he might be able to step in and do an important part of his damn job, keeping players in line! Carlisle might be the best X's and O's coach in the league, but his inablity at managing personalities I feel have cost us a player or two.

Ron who?
06-08-2006, 04:35 PM
My biggest problem with S-JAX is how he said that if he was defending VC that the shot would have never happened... you dont smack talk about teammates infront of cameras... especially not Granger because i would much rather have Granger start instead of 4 of our 5 starters (the exception being JO)... but i really think S-JAX isnt a fit for our team... get rid of him and get a 6th man not a guy who wants to start

rexnom
06-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Jack is a good player. He is really a completely different player with Peja and JO. They can't double him and he punishes whoever tries to guard him. That being said, Jack has unfortunately become a scapegoat. He has to go for this reason. If the Pacers plan on changing the culture or whatever and getting back fans. And it pains me to say this because I think he can be very effective as that third option as well as the fact that he is a great defender and always shows up.

Evan_The_Dude
06-08-2006, 04:52 PM
^^ Ditto

And for that reason I will continue to say that he's one player I don't want to see gone.

ChicagoJ
06-08-2006, 10:58 PM
-snip- I nearly agree Jay totally, but I want to point the finger of blame more at mngmt and the coaching staff for letting him get out of control to the point where his actions are acceptable. I know that he should have enough of a head on his shoulders to figure this out, but why couldn't anyone help him out, or tell him that his actions will not be tolerated by the coaching staff, mngmt, or most importantly....the fans! When Jax was complaining about getting booed, why didn't TPTB explain to him why he was getting boo'd, instead of "circling the wagons" by having Carlisle explain how he is unhappy with the fan's treatment of Stephen, or troting out some "feel good feature" in the local paper.

I agree with what you're saying, this is a valid criticism of Rick and management. I think it applies to other players more though.

Think back to the debates when we were trading Al for SJax. Some of us (at least me, and there were others) were leery of a guy that shoots as badly as he does and turns the ball over as often as he does. I don't know how badly he carried on with the officials before he got to the Pacers, but I don't think that he's doing anything different there, either.

Clearly, Pop kept him on a tighter leash because he had the luxury of Ginoboli waiting in the wings - if Stephen was shooting badly, or being a ballhog, or turning the ball over in rapid-fire succession, Pop could easily sit him and play Ginoboli. Once every seven games or so, SJax would pull his cranium from his anus and play decent ball, and then Pop could leave him in the game.

My point is, SJax has proven to be the player some of us thought he already was before he joined the Pacers. That was not a good trade. He must go away, as soon as possible.

Arcadian
06-08-2006, 11:18 PM
I wonder what the discussion would be if we didn't include Steven's extra "giftings" with officials and locker room. If we judged him based soley on his game would he be the 2 we want?

I think he is a more of a jack of all trades who defends and creates his shots well but nothing great. On the other hand he has poor shot selection and high turnovers. I just don't see this as a roster which benefits from his game versus the weaknesses in it.

Jermaniac
06-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Can we have a Official Jermaniac Thread? Where I answer questions such as

Jermaniac what do I need to do to step my life up to your level?

skyfire
06-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Jermaniac, what do I need to do to step my ego up to your level?

Jermaniac
06-08-2006, 11:44 PM
I really dont know, I was just born with it. I dont know maybe you can buy it at WalMart or something.

pacerwaala
06-08-2006, 11:45 PM
If we judged him based soley on his game would he be the 2 we want?

No. He does not have a concept of team except when he has to go into the stands. He is a blackhole of blackholes, very bad passer. He jacks up shots when he feels like it, does not play within the system, has no discipline, his level of concentration is very low.

He would be good if he was backup who was always playing for a contract. Now he is armed with a contract and he has this entitlement thing going for him.

All in all, he is a chemistry issue who I would be very happy to get rid of.

PS - You do not have to be a Pacers fan to dislike S Jackson's game. If you are a fan of the game, you will be easily turned off by his game.

PejaIsTheMan
06-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Can we have a Official Jermaniac Thread? Where I answer questions such as

Jermaniac what do I need to do to step my life up to your level?

Jermaniac what do i need to do to step your brain into a normal level?

Jermaniac what do i need to do to be such a cool "white guy rapping gangsta wanksta playah" like you?

btowncolt
06-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Jermaniac, how can I be dat dude?

Jermaniac
06-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Jermaniac what do i need to do to step your brain into a normal level?

Jermaniac what do i need to do to be such a cool "white guy rapping gangsta wanksta playah" like you?My brain is right where it needs to be, the boy is getting out of high school and going to college. You on the other hand have a pig tied to a rope and are going to your carnival booth tonight. STEP YOUR LIFE UP.

Ohh and you are very mad right now I can feel it, you have 7 posts and you are acting a little fiesty. I must have hurt your feelings in some way.

Jermaniac, how can I be dat dude?You cant.

btowncolt
06-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Jermaniac, how much will it cost to fix my face?

Trader Joe
06-09-2006, 11:07 AM

LMAO

Bout Tree Fitty.

Shade
06-09-2006, 12:39 PM
:wave:

Jack may well be my least favorite Pacer right now.

Bball
06-09-2006, 12:57 PM
:wave:

Jack may well be my least favorite Pacer right now.

Tinsley has that spot reserved in my book. ...But I can certainly understand the bitterness directed Sjax' way.

I doubt the team can keep both Carlisle AND Sjax without major problems ahead... but if there is an NBA team that would try it would be the Pacers.

-Bball

pizza guy
06-09-2006, 01:14 PM
To the "let's forget his personality, let's talk about his game" topic: he makes me want to :puke:.

If you want to include his personality, he makes me want to :puke:.

He's worse than this....:dancingsager:

Anthem
06-09-2006, 03:49 PM
It's odd, though. Yeah, he gripes at the refs. Yeah, he turns the ball over. Yeah, I hope he gets traded this offseason. But it's weird to me that, with all of the problems in this team over the past two years, he's the guy that gets the scapegoat role.

I continue to wonder if Slick's frank and vocal disapproval has any effect on the amount of booing Steven gets. I've never seen this from an Indiana crowd.

Jermaniac
06-09-2006, 06:01 PM
They got a new show on MTV called Pimp My Face, they will do it for free if you are ugly enough. Give it a try.

SoupIsGood
06-09-2006, 11:42 PM
Jax is my daddy

larry
06-10-2006, 09:42 PM

He can be horrible, but he had a far greater role than he should've ever had. He was traded for Al to be are 6th man. He ended up our 1st option, because we always were short handed. Yeah, my dad will go on a wild & insane rant when he hears the name Stephen Jackson. He ticked me off an awful lot this year, but he showed heart. We need a coach to either get his butt in line or kick it off the team. That coach isn't Rick, so I think someone has to go. I wonder what Bird really feels like inside?

Robertmto
06-11-2006, 01:42 AM
He can be horrible, but he had a far greater role than he should've ever had. He was traded for Al to be are 6th man. He ended up our 1st option, because we always were short handed. Yeah, my dad will go on a wild & insane rant when he hears the name Stephen Jackson. He ticked me off an awful lot this year, but he showed heart. We need a coach to either get his butt in line or kick it off the team. That coach isn't Rick, so I think someone has to go. I wonder what Bird really feels like inside?

Like the highest paid babysitter in Indianapolis.

D-BONE
06-14-2006, 08:14 AM
I suspect Jack is on his way out. Those who point out the influence of the coach's style of player management are on to something that's even bigger than what's transpired with this individual player though.

How many NBA teams nowdays have rosters completely devoid of at least some of the issues Jack presents? You've got to be able to handle this type of thing and team hierarchies and dynamics in general.

RC I fear does not communicate well with the players. I will also add that other players will help manage these situations on many teams. Perhaps Jack was beyond this, but we are well aware of the lack of overall leadership among the players on the team.

To sum up: I think Jack needs to go based on how out of control things have gotten. On the other hand, it's too bad we apparently won't be wishing RC bon voyage, too.

Putnam
06-14-2006, 08:58 AM
I wonder what Bird really feels like inside?

Inside, Larry Bird feels like any other living creature does. Warm (98.6 farenheit) and gushy, with various hard lumpy things (liver, kidneys, lungs) mixed around.

But why do you want to feel his insides?

;)

JayRedd
06-14-2006, 06:04 PM
Jalen Rose re-incarnated

When Stephen Jackson carries us to a Finals, let me know

as well as the fact that he is a great defender.

Let's calm down a little bit here. Adjectives like "average", "mediocre" or "run-of-the-mill and fairly athletic" will do just fine.