PDA

View Full Version : Any season ticket holders going to select-a-seat event

Unclebuck
06-07-2006, 08:40 PM
I'm going Friday, and I'm just wondering if anyone else is going or if anyone has already been?

Trader Joe
06-07-2006, 09:20 PM
My dad and I aren't renewing our tickets next season unfortunately because I will be heading down to B-Town for college. So I won't have the time. I did go with our ticket rep to pick our seats three years ago, is this what it is? Really you just walk around and look at various available seats and decide which you like the best.

ChicagoJ
06-07-2006, 09:34 PM
No, but I'm curious for some feedback on availability.

We're looking at fewer games, but moving down from the balcony. Not sure if the Pacers want to give me that, but I figure there are going to be lots of empty seats to pick from...

Unclebuck
06-07-2006, 10:24 PM
No, but I'm curious for some feedback on availability.

We're looking at fewer games, but moving down from the balcony. Not sure if the Pacers want to give me that, but I figure there are going to be lots of empty seats to pick from...

I'm guessing you won't have too much trouble moving down from the balcony. Not sure I'll be able to get a good idea of what is available and what isn't, but I'll let you know if I can.

Do you have a halfseason or a mini ticket plan

Peck
06-08-2006, 01:08 AM
You're not planning on upgrading are you? I love your seats & wish I had them, just on the opposite end.

Unclebuck
06-08-2006, 08:06 AM
You're not planning on upgrading are you? I love your seats & wish I had them, just on the opposite end.

I hope to find something on the other end.

MagicRat
06-08-2006, 08:33 AM
....moving down from the balcony....

Traitor!

Doug
06-08-2006, 09:05 AM
I'm going. 4 on Friday.

I'm just looking to move down in the same price range. I'll probably stay on the south end.

ChicagoJ
06-08-2006, 10:31 AM
Traitor!

I understand. Since I use the tickets less than K***, I'm just along for the ride on this one...

We'd like to move from half-season in the balcony to fewer games with more expensive seats.

Kegboy
06-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Traitor!

Yeah! Traitor!!!

Oh, wait, oops. :blush:

Roaming Gnome
06-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Actually, I love my seats...I just wish I could pick and choose who sits in the seats around me!

grace
06-09-2006, 12:30 AM
Actually, I love my seats...I just wish I could pick and choose who sits in the seats around me!

Reason number...oh wait, I think we said we weren't going to bring that up anymore.

Unclebuck
06-09-2006, 01:16 PM
I just got back. Pretty interesting to see what was available and not available.

Doug, I don't know which row you are in now, but you should be able to move down and stay on the south end.

Jay, they aren't doing the mini ticket upgrades until later this summer after the schedule is released. But if you wanted to move down and keep your half season, you can get pretty good seats.

Overall it was a fun event. Trying to decide where you want to sit and having the run of the place - fun.

Doug
06-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Doug, I don't know which row you are in now, but you should be able to move down and stay on the south end.

If you are normally where you were for the playoffs, then I am just a couple of rows behind you.

Unclebuck
06-09-2006, 02:01 PM
If you are normally where you were for the playoffs, then I am just a couple of rows behind you.

Oh, OK, you are a little lower than I thought. You probably will only be able to move down a few rows, maybe 3 or 4. At least that is what I saw when I was there, but things change as you never know what seats might come open

Doug
06-09-2006, 02:30 PM
Oh, OK, you are a little lower than I thought. You probably will only be able to move down a few rows, maybe 3 or 4. At least that is what I saw when I was there, but things change as you never know what seats might come open

I was in row 16 . But moving down 3 or 4 would work fine for me. Help get the backboard out of the way.

So, did you move?

Unclebuck
06-09-2006, 02:47 PM
I was in row 16 . But moving down 3 or 4 would work fine for me. Help get the backboard out of the way.

So, did you move?

Yes, I moved back to the north end. I just like the little higher angle better. But I also moved more towards the corner. Only bad thing is the price is $10 more. Great seats though

Doug
06-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Yes, I moved back to the north end. I just like the little higher angle better. But I also moved more towards the corner. Only bad thing is the price is $10 more. Great seats though

Those are nice. I've got instructions that I can't spend any more money, though.

I might try moving over a little bit if I can't move down any. Or over and down. Who knows? Should be fun.

Was it crowded?

Unclebuck
06-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Those are nice. I've got instructions that I can't spend any more money, though.

I might try moving over a little bit if I can't move down any. Or over and down. Who knows? Should be fun.

Was it crowded?

No it wasn't crowded at all. There were I think about 12-13 people there for the whole hour. The instructions say to get their 10 minutes early and that is fine (I got there 20 minutes early) but there is really no need, just get there right on time.

First you register and that takes about 10 seconds, they give you a name tag and then you wait a few minutes, and then walk up to a place where they give you something to drink, (water, soft drinks) and then they explain the process, they split you up, lower bowl, club level and balcony and then you just walk around and look for seats that are marked, either white (full season), yellow and blue (halfseason). They give you 10 minutes to look for a seat, they then stop and if any two people want the same seat they go by priority numbers. Once someone changes seats their old seats become available right away, so you certainly can stay the full hour if you want.

it gives you a chance to really check out different seats.

Most of the seats aren't marked though because they aren't available. There were very few available in the really expensive lower level along the sideline seats which I think are priced at $132, but there were a few sets.

Doug
06-09-2006, 03:54 PM
i'm there now, waiting for the briefing. well see how it goes.

Doug
06-09-2006, 10:11 PM
I moved. Your old seat and the two next to it were available. There were two in the same row, but on the other side of the tunnel that I liked better, but so did somebody with a better priority number.

I waffled between yours and some over in section 9. I ended up moving back a row and over to section 9. There's a much better angle there. But even though it was only one row back it's more like 4 rows distance because of the angle.