PDA

View Full Version : Even without KG, Minny seems a natural trading partner

Anthem
06-07-2006, 07:44 PM
It's no secret that I've fantasized about trading JO for KG. When I'm realistic, I know that's never going to happen. But I keep up with Minny, just to see if scenarios arise. And here's one that's curious.

Minny has publicly said that they don't see anyone who can help them in the draft, and they're interested in moving the #6 pick. There are persistent rumors that they want to move Marko Jaric, who is without a doubt their worst contract. If Brandon Roy is available at #6, what would be worth giving up to get him?

Would the wolves move Jaric and their pick for AJ and Croshere?

Young
06-07-2006, 08:04 PM
It's no secret that I've fantasized about trading JO for KG. When I'm realistic, I know that's never going to happen. But I keep up with Minny, just to see if scenarios arise. And here's one that's curious.

Minny has publicly said that they don't see anyone who can help them in the draft, and they're interested in moving the #6 pick. There are persistent rumors that they want to move Marko Jaric, who is without a doubt their worst contract. If Brandon Roy is available at #6, what would be worth giving up to get him?

Would the wolves move Jaric and their pick for AJ and Croshere?

Even if they don't like a lot of guys in the draft and even if they want to move Marko Jaric and his contract they would have to ask themselves who can help us more, Croshere and AJ or the 6th pick? I would think that the pick could but JMO.

I'm just guessing that other teams will have a lot more to offer Minny for the 6th pick.

Anthem
06-07-2006, 08:32 PM
It is interesting that stuff seems more plausible in my head than on paper. Still, it's not a matter of Croshere and AJ. There's also pretty significant cap relief.

So forget us, for a moment. What do you think they could get for their pick?

Lord Helmet
06-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Eh, I really don't want Jaric. He really is garbage.

Young
06-07-2006, 10:08 PM
It is interesting that stuff seems more plausible in my head than on paper. Still, it's not a matter of Croshere and AJ. There's also pretty significant cap relief.

So forget us, for a moment. What do you think they could get for their pick?

Well I think the Magic would like to move up in the draft. But they would probably be offering their pick plus ? for the 6th pick but that probably wouldn't interest the Wolves much. I just know that the Magic want to move up in the draft, so I threw it out there.

If the 76ers decide to trade Allen Iverson, which I think there are some rumors about that, the Wolves would probably have some interest in him. The problem with that is that the 76ers would have to take 3 of the following Davis/Blount/Hudson/Jaric/Hassell so I doubt that happens.

If the Bulls want to move Ben Gordon, would the 6th pick interest them? They already have the 2nd and 16th picks though, but hey they could add Aldrige, Roy, and ? which would be nice. The thing is would the Timberwolves want Gordon since they already have Rashard McCants?

Maybe a deal with the Bucks for Maglorie/Williams. If the Bucks would accept Davis/Blount/6th pick that might work. I have no idea who the Bucks would take though with the 6th pick, and the Wolves would be trading their best perminter scorer.

Would the Celtics give in to trading Paul Pierce? It is unlikely but i'm sure that 6th pick would be interest them. They have like the 7th pick too so they could fill a couple different needs. The problem the Celtics would face is the same the 76ers would face, they would have to take back 3 bad contracts in 3 of the following Davis/Blount/Hudson/Jaric/Hassell.

I think that a lot of teams interest will depend on where Brandon Roy falls. I think if he will be avaliable at the 6th pick a lot of teams would have interest. But if he isn't avaliable, I don't know.

Anthem
06-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Eh, I really don't want Jaric. He really is garbage.
Even if it meant getting Brandon Roy?

We're not going to get that #6 pick without taking garbage back unless we give up Granger.

Eindar
06-08-2006, 12:35 AM
I imagine Croshere + AJ + DH would get us #6 + Jaric. As to whether we should do that, it's hard to say. It really depends on how you feel about Harrison's development, how willing you are to experiment with a failed 6'6" PG, and, most importantly, who's available at #6. If someone slips, I could see it as feasible.

Lord Helmet
06-08-2006, 01:06 AM

We're not going to get that #6 pick without taking garbage back unless we give up Granger.
I guess if it meant getting him.....

Bball
06-08-2006, 01:47 AM
It's no secret that I've fantasized about trading JO for KG. When I'm realistic, I know that's never going to happen.

Why does everyone think it can't happen? Because KG is better than JO? Because JO is better than KG?

It almost seems a natural progression for two teams needing to mix things up and going nowhere as it is. It could be a welcome change of scenery and one that most fans would accept (trading one franchise player for another... not dumping one for expiring contracts and role players).

Of course personally I have my doubts about the trade because JO isn't good enough alone to make it happen and I don't know what sweetener we could add. But maybe Minny doesn't see it that clearly.

IMHO TPTB should be on the phone making it very clear that they are interested in dealing JO for KG.

The way to make things happen is by making them happen.

-Bball

Since86
06-08-2006, 09:42 AM
We could always use a tall PG. He might just turn into the next Magic.

Slick Pinkham
06-08-2006, 11:42 AM
:lol2:

Trader Joe
06-08-2006, 11:45 AM

I would take on Jaric and Blount if it meant getting Roy. The kid is going to be something special.

pizza guy
06-08-2006, 12:53 PM
I'd probably do that, but if it's possible to keep DH, I would be more in favor of it.

BTW, Since86, thanks for the new sig line. :rotflmao:

indytoad
06-08-2006, 12:54 PM
I would take on Jaric and Blount if it meant getting Roy. The kid is going to be something special.

If he's going to be that specialm what makes you all think he'll still be around a the sixth pick?

No, I'm really asking, I don't watch college basketball. I have no idea who he is.

IndyToad
Number 7

Since86
06-08-2006, 12:58 PM
You should really thank Ron Who?

and we should go for Mardy Collins... you never know another tall PG might mean another Magic??
http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21234&page=4

pizza guy
06-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Well, that's Mardy Collins, not Marco Jaric...