PDA

View Full Version : Players Who earn their Money

OTD
06-07-2006, 06:56 PM
It was great although Wade had flu like symptoms He still went out and played. Now would it not be great if we had a guard that would play through symptoms of the flu. Course you have Austin who tried to play with 2 concussions, and thanks he gets is people want to trade him, Jackson played with bad knees, And Scot tried his best to keep playing with a messed up back. To me that is dedication. Foster played hurt and so did Jones.

rexnom
06-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Yes, but last year, for example, during game 7 against the Pistons, I think Wade hurt Miami more than he helped them down the stretch. Especially since Shaq was catching fire. He tried to do too much IMO and Shaq didn't get many necessary touches.

Anthem
06-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Course you have Austin who tried to play with 2 concussions, and thanks he gets is people want to trade him,
Wait, I must have missed something. Austin played again after the first concussion, but after the second one he got sidelined immediately. He never "tried to play with 2 concussions."

Or am I off base?

travmil
06-07-2006, 07:24 PM
What is this about the 50th time now that this thread has been started? Are we going to have to make a sticky like the trade proposal thread?

Roaming Gnome
06-07-2006, 08:57 PM
:gill:
This should answer your question...:zip:

8.9_seconds
06-08-2006, 12:59 AM
Wait, I must have missed something. Austin played again after the first concussion, but after the second one he got sidelined immediately. He never "tried to play with 2 concussions."

Or am I off base?

:tongue: Must you poo poo, total truth is not always relevant.;)

able
06-08-2006, 06:18 AM
Of course a thread like this has to take liberties with the truth otherwise the desired "feeling" is not gotten.
Why would you mention JO and Tins playing hurt if you don't like them ?

Putnam
06-08-2006, 08:50 AM
What does playing with injuries have to do with it? Why do we value a player who plays with injuries MORE than a player who stays healthy? Why can't we admit that we usually have know idea how injured a player is, and that one guy can be making much of a minor ache while another is saying nothing about a serious pain?

The title of this thread is: Players who earned their money. Well, the definitive answer for the 05-06 Indiana Pacers is as follows:

David Harrison
Danny Granger
Anthony Johnson
Fred Jones
Stephen Jackson
Sarunas Jasikevisius
Peja Stojakovic
Jeff Foster

And that's all.

Deadshot
06-08-2006, 12:52 PM
What does playing with injuries have to do with it? Why do we value a player who plays with injuries MORE than a player who stays healthy? Why can't we admit that we usually have know idea how injured a player is, and that one guy can be making much of a minor ache while another is saying nothing about a serious pain?

The title of this thread is: Players who earned their money. Well, the definitive answer for the 05-06 Indiana Pacers is as follows:

David Harrison
Danny Granger
Anthony Johnson
Fred Jones
Stephen Jackson
Sarunas Jasikevisius
Peja Stojakovic
Jeff Foster
Eddie Gill

And that's all.

Fixed. :)

indytoad
06-08-2006, 12:58 PM

David Harrison
Danny Granger
Anthony Johnson
Fred Jones
Stephen Jackson
Peja Stojakovic
Jeff Foster
Eddie Gill

And that's all.

Double-fixed.

IndyToad
Meester Anderson

Putnam
06-08-2006, 01:44 PM
My list is based on which players actually contributed on the floor, as measured by game stats: minutes, points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks and turnovers.

Every player's statistical contribution was summed, and then his contribution was divided by his salary. The players whose cost per contribution was better than the team average were those I listed. Sarunas belongs on the list. Eddie Gill doesn't.

During the 05-06 season, the Indiana Pacers paid out (on average) $2,417.99 for every minute, every point, every rebound, every assist, every steal and every block they got during the regular season. But David Harrison's stastical contributions cost only $408.85 each, while Pollard's cost $5,173 each. Here is the whole roster:

Harrison $408
Granger $460
Johnson $772
Jones $837
Jackson $1,188
Jasikevicius $1,658
Stojakovic $1,762 (SAC/IND)
Foster $1,840
Pacers average $2,417
Tinsley $2,996
Gill $4,419
Croshere $4,791
O'Neal $4,791
Pollard $5,173

Gill would have done better if he'd been on the floor more. Same for Pollard But this is about who actually left it on the floor, not who woulda, coulda, shoulda.

able
06-08-2006, 02:08 PM
:rotflmao:

bulldog
06-08-2006, 02:49 PM
I like the list, and I like the idea of keeping the formula simple, but factor in Turnovers and FG% and a few players near the top may drop.

Robertmto
06-11-2006, 01:50 AM
My list is based on which players actually contributed on the floor, as measured by game stats: minutes, points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks and turnovers.

Every player's statistical contribution was summed, and then his contribution was divided by his salary. The players whose cost per contribution was better than the team average were those I listed. Sarunas belongs on the list. Eddie Gill doesn't.

During the 05-06 season, the Indiana Pacers paid out (on average) $2,417.99 for every minute, every point, every rebound, every assist, every steal and every block they got during the regular season. But David Harrison's stastical contributions cost only $408.85 each, while Pollard's cost $5,173 each. Here is the whole roster:

Harrison $408
Granger $460
Johnson $772
Jones $837
Jackson $1,188
Jasikevicius $1,658
Stojakovic $1,762 (SAC/IND)
Foster $1,840
Pacers average $2,417
Tinsley $2,996
Gill $4,419
Croshere $4,791
O'Neal $4,791
Pollard $5,173

Gill would have done better if he'd been on the floor more. Same for Pollard But this is about who actually left it on the floor, not who woulda, coulda, shoulda.

I can buy my own Hulk!!!

circlecitysportsfan
06-11-2006, 11:12 AM
Peja earned his playoff money.

Robertmto
06-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Peja earned his playoff money.

Did Peja play for free and I didn't hear about it?