PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: Give me a break!

Roy Munson
06-05-2006, 01:28 PM
http://sdm3.com/viewmsg.cfm?n171s932c58041t935e2237367

I got this "breaking news" e-mail from the Pacers today. Wow, I was expecting some actual "NEWS". But no, apparently the Pacers consider this REAL NEWS:

Another way to squeeze more money from Pacers fans and create an even more snooze atmosphere at games by attracting an increasingly rich and elite audience. Oh boy!!!

Los Angeles
06-05-2006, 01:32 PM
:unimpress

317Kim
06-05-2006, 01:37 PM
:laugh: I just got that too.

As if they couldn't have just put that in "Your weekly Pacers Insider newsletter".

indygeezer
06-05-2006, 01:40 PM
LET THEM EAT CAKE!!!

Slick Pinkham
06-05-2006, 01:40 PM
A place for the high class folks to exchange secret handshakes and nibble on caviar away from the unwashed unenlightened masses.

;)

Not much Bud lite available in the VIP lounges, I bet.

indygeezer
06-05-2006, 01:46 PM
A place for the high class folks to exchange secret handshakes and nibble on caviar away from the unwashed unenlightened masses.

;)

Killians Red?????????????

ugh

travmil
06-05-2006, 01:46 PM

Actually, thanks to a sponsorship deal with Miller Brewing, Bud Light isn't available anywhere in Conseco.

Unclebuck
06-05-2006, 01:52 PM
I find it interesting. I just wonder where it is going to actually be.

Are they taking away the bleacher seats.

Didn't we read last year that they were going to change some of the club seats to just regular seats

Lord Helmet
06-05-2006, 04:36 PM
http://sdm3.com/viewmsg.cfm?n171s932c58041t935e2237367

I got this "breaking news" e-mail from the Pacers today. Wow, I was expecting some actual "NEWS". But no, apparently the Pacers consider this REAL NEWS:

Another way to squeeze more money from Pacers fans and create an even more snooze atmosphere at games by attracting an increasingly rich and elite audience. Oh boy!!!
Exactly. I mean does Conseco really need more of that?

Good going, Pacers.

:unimpress

ChicagoJ
06-05-2006, 04:43 PM
You guys do realize that the Pacers are a for-profit business?

If there is a demand for this, the Pacers need to take advantage of it.

Keep in mind that the Pacers have allegedly been struggling with renewals for corporate tickets. The bad-behaving Pacers are an even harder sell for corporate tickets than individuals like most of us that really are loyal to the blue-and-gold, and we're sick of them, too.

indygeezer
06-05-2006, 04:50 PM

Keep in mind that the Pacers have allegedly been struggling with renewals for corporate tickets. The bad-behaving Pacers are an even harder sell for corporate tickets than individuals like most of us that really are loyal to the blue-and-gold, and we're sick of them, too.

OK now you're trying to be logical.

Bleah, this is no place for logic, this is a chatroom.

Unclebuck
06-05-2006, 04:58 PM

Thank you

Robertmto
06-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Can you guys afford J-Rich now?

317Kim
06-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Just thought I'd add some more info on Legends

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/legends_facts.html
Legends Fact Sheet

-Legends will be located on the south end of the Krieg DeVault Club Level in Conseco Fieldhouse.

-The seating area in the bowl will hold 608 seats. Each seat will be 21” wide.

-The square footage of Legends will be 2,406. (This footage does not include the seating area in the bowl)

-Legends will have two conference rooms with a capacity of 14 people. Each conference room will be 411 square feet.

-Legends will be accessible by four entry points; two on the Krieg DeVault Club Level and two from the Main Concourse.

-Legends will have one permanent bar and two stations available to obtain drinks.

-Legends will have four food stations and in-seat wait service provided by Levy Restaurants.

-Construction of Legends will begin on July 10, 2006, and will be completed for the Pacers’ 40th Anniversary Season.

-RATIO Architects, Inc. was the designing firm for Legends.

-Shiel Sexton is the construction firm completing the project.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/legends_060605.html

‘Legends’ will be one of the premier entertainment environments in Indianapolis
Pacers to Open Exclusive Club Area ’Legends’

INDIANAPOLIS, June 5 -- Pacers Sports & Entertainment announced the addition of a new entertainment destination in Conseco Fieldhouse named Legends. The new addition, located on the south end of the Krieg DeVault Club Level, will be a 600-plus limited-membership area offering an exclusive environment designed to meet business and entertainment needs with style, comfort and first-class amenities during events at Conseco Fieldhouse.

“Legends will be a great addition to what is considered the best sports arena, which has continued to be voted as the top in any of the major leagues in America,” said Pacers Sports & Entertainment’s Executive Senior Vice President and Executive Director of Conseco Fieldhouse Rick Fuson. “This exclusive area will offer our patrons a unique experience to conduct business and enjoy all the entertainment that Conseco Fieldhouse has to offer.”

A membership to this exclusive destination in the entertainment industry in Indianapolis includes almost everything. The cost of tickets to 45 Indiana Pacers’ games and 18 Indiana Fever games, great food and select beverages are all-inclusive, with free VIP parking as an option. As part of this professional atmosphere, Legends will provide your company or personal nameplate on your seats. Legends offers access to a private and exclusive bar, along with in-seat wait service. Guaranteed seating for Pacers NBA Playoff games and priority purchasing for other select Conseco Fieldhouse concerts and events is another benefit to becoming a member of Legends. There will also be private conference and dining rooms available for business meetings or gatherings.

The menu, provided by Levy Restaurants, includes items such as Chicken Wing Sampler, Mini Dessert Sampler, Ultimate Nachos, Turkey BLT Sandwich and Barbeque Chicken Sandwich, along with various snacks and desserts.

Legends will be the first significant addition to the interior of Conseco Fieldhouse since it opened in November 1999. The name Legends was chosen to keep with the theme of Conseco Fieldhouse and as a symbol of respect to all the basketball players, current, past and future, throughout the state of Indiana. Construction is scheduled to begin on July 10 and will be completed for the Pacers’ 40th Anniversary Season. RATIO Architects, Inc. developed the design and Shiel Sexton will be the construction firm.

Conseco Fieldhouse opened Nov. 6, 1999 when the Indiana Pacers hosted the Boston Celtics. Ground was broken July 22, 1997, on the $183 million multi-purpose facility. The building is owned by the Capital Improvements Board, City of Indianapolis and is operated by Pacers Sports & Entertainment.

For additional information regarding Legends, refer to the fact sheet enclosed or contact PS&E’s Public Information Department at (317) 917-2500.

Kegboy
06-05-2006, 08:19 PM
:unimpress :unimpress

:rollout:

:shakehead

:loser2:

Okay, now that I got that out of my system, what a waste. First, say goodbye to the bleachers. Second, the club level already has the Varsity Club and better concessions than the first and third levels. Third, it seems to be a mix of the Best Locker Room and the bar above the gift shop.

Is there really demand for this? Are the suits really saying, "You know, having waiters bring food to our seats just isn't good enough. We need a sports bar where we don't have to actually watch the game, but we can still see the court for when the Pacemates are out there."

Now that the statute of limitations has run out on my "Reasons why I'm not getting tickets anymore" list, this tells me I need to start a "Reasons why I'm becoming a Cavs fan" list.

Doug
06-05-2006, 09:53 PM
This is targeted squarely at small business owners. People who would like to entertain customers at a game but can't afford a suite.

Pig Nash
06-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I don't see the problem with it really. :whoknows:

beast23
06-05-2006, 10:32 PM
This is targeted squarely at small business owners. People who would like to entertain customers at a game but can't afford a suite.I think that is probably the case. Currently, as you say, there is nothing available for the small business owner to entertain a small contingent of clients.

I don't really see what all of you guys are harping about. If the Pacers have a way to extract more dollars from someone other than you, then in the long run, you will be better off.

Higher salaries demand higher ticket prices. If the Pacers can come up with a way to make more money off of tickets without affecting the average Joe, then I think that's great.

One of the best money-makers going right now is the price of food and drinks being sold to the suites. Some popular items are: A 6-pack (cans) of beer $24; sodas are $3/can. Used to be able to get 30 large shrimp for $75; now it's an even more outrageous 25 for $90. 12 large hot dogs with buns and condiments cost $65. Whether food is ordered or not, each suite is charged $75 for something called a "Snack Attack", which essentially amounts to about 2 large bags of potato chips and 3 small bowls of snacks, 1 hot mix, 1 cashews and 1 beer nuts.

Considering home games and additional events for which each suite may be opened, suite owners pay almost as much for food as they do for leasing the suites.

So, I guess I would say that the Pacers should take the revenue where they can find it. Prior to this season, they had a waiting list of over 30 entries for leasing the suites, so they aren't really worried about hitting the suite owners with ridiculous prices for food, or even increasing prices for that matter

If there is a niche that they can go after regarding small business owners, then by all means, they should go after it. In the long run, it can only benefit the average fan, as well as the Pacers.

PacerPerspective
06-06-2006, 12:00 AM
I guess I'll have ot make another trip to Indy to check it out once it's done! ;)

Kegboy
06-06-2006, 08:58 AM
This is targeted squarely at small business owners. People who would like to entertain customers at a game but can't afford a suite.

Still doesn't make any sense to me. There's a limited number of tickets, so they'll have to buy the max number they need, for the whole freakin' season.

If I were a SMB owner, I'd have club seats, and take clients to the Varsity Club. That'll impress them more than buffalo wings and cheese fries.

Lastly, for those who don't get the problem, I think it's pretty obvious. Attendance is going down, it's affecting their bottom line, so in response, they concentrate on trying to improve the product off the floor instead of on it. I just can't imagine there are actually clients saying, "You know, I can't afford a suite, but these club seats just aren't good enough. Why don't you guys build another Best Locker Room on the Club Level, but make it exclusive, to compensate for my inferiority complex over not being able to afford a suite."

Also, I just want to point out to those who haven't eaten at the Best Locker Room, the food sucks. Grace and I were extremely disappointed in the Varsity Club as well, but other people seem to like it, and we only ate there once. We ate at Best multiple times, because of the coaching clinics they'd have before Fever games, and the food isn't even mediocre. The same company is doing Legends as well.

Kegboy
06-06-2006, 09:04 AM
Prior to this season, they had a waiting list of over 30 entries for leasing the suites

Really? I thought they were losing suites right and left after the first leases were up. If there's such a demand, you'd think the party suites wouldn't be empty every single game.

grace
06-06-2006, 03:25 PM

Am I the only one who remembers the story about the guy who has courtside seats who couldn't give away his tickets to clients?

I'm sure there are worse ideas than this one, but at the moment I can't think of one.

And if anyone wants an example of how hideous the food is in the Best Locker Room here is an example:
nacho cheese sauce on a taco salad. :shudder::puke::bananadea

Lord Helmet
06-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Am I the only one who remembers the story about the guy who has courtside seats who couldn't give away his tickets to clients?

I'm sure there are worse ideas than this one, but at the moment I can't think of one.

And if anyone wants an example of how hideous the food is in the Best Locker Room here is an example:
Hey. Don't hate on the Best Locker Room. I dig the wings, and the shrimp cocktail.

grace
06-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Hey. Don't hate on the Best Locker Room. I dig the wings, and the shrimp cocktail.

I'm glad someone found something they liked. Kegboy and I certainly didn't.

Roy Munson
06-06-2006, 04:08 PM

They probably hired a consultant to help develop the menu.

Robertmto
06-07-2006, 01:53 AM
Where did you guys find the menu?