PDA

View Full Version : Who says "blowing a team up" is a bad thing?

Skaut_Ech
06-04-2006, 01:48 PM
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o:p></o:p>Who says “blowing a team up” doesn’t work?

I’m pretty much now convinced there isn’t a damn problem with “blowing a team up.” Not in today’s league. :sadyes:

Look at the final four teams this year and what do you see?

Suns this year-

Shawn Marion
Steve Nash
Kurt Thomas
Raja Bell
Amare Stoudemire
James Jones
Brian Grant
Boris Diaw
Leandro Barbosa
Eddie House
Pat Burke
Dijon Thompson
Jared Reiner
Sharrod Ford
Josh Davis
Tim Thomas

Last year-

Shawn Marion
Steve Nash
Quentin Richardson
Joe Johnson
Amare Stoudemire
Jake Voskuhl
Zarko Cabarkapa
Bo Outlaw
Casey Jacobsen
Maciej Lampe
Leandro Barbosa
Steven Hunter
Jackson Vroman
Yuta Tabuse

The highlighted players are the only holdovers. Four guys. Four guys?!! :-o Suns were in the WCF two years in a row.

The Heat? This year-

Shaquille O'Neal
Jason Williams
Antoine Walker
James Posey
Udonis Haslem
Dwyane Wade
Michael Doleac
Dorell Wright
Alonzo Mourning
Gary Payton
Shandon Anderson
Jason Kapono
Wayne Simien
Andre Emmett
Earl Barron
Gerald Fitch

Last year?

Shaquille O'Neal
Eddie Jones
Dwyane Wade
Damon Jones
Michael Doleac
Malik Allen
Wesley Person
Rasual Butler
Dorrell Wright
Christian Laettner
Shandon Anderson
Keyon Dooling
Wang Zhizhi
Jerome Beasley
Udonis Haslem

Heat were in the conference finals two years running and are now going for the title. :chin2:

Dallas has essentially stayed the same the past two years (although look the their roster three years ago) and the same could be said about Detroit. (Once again, look at three years ago.)

I guess what I’m trying to say is that there’s a new model for winning a title these days, in my book. Make radical rosters changes, give it a couple of years, if it doesn’t work, try again.

Slow and steady doesn’t get it anymore. Adding a piece here and there and pulling a wait and see will get you a wait and watch on the couch in your living room. :grinyes:

The reason I bring this up is the radical change of opinion in this forum. I did a little checking, and in a forum poll at the begining of the season, something like %30 of us felt that the Pacers would be playing for the title and another big chunk felt we’d either get to the second round or be in the ECF. The midset was ‘keep these guys together. Now? Well, you know.

I’m more convinced now than ever, that we should not fear a “blowing up” of the team. (Not that it will happen. Just 3 weeks ago, Bird flat out said he doesn’t plan on any major changes, just shipping out those who are lazy, selfish or have bad attitudes if they don't shape up. :rolleyes::1oops:)

Who cares if we make a trade for Garnett (All you JO for Garnett naysayers) and give ourselves a 2-3 year window? Or you Stephen Jackson lovers, so what if he gets dealt. Maybe he’s a one hit wonder and simply had a stern Popovich and the wonder that is Duncan to make him better.

I guess I’m just venting my possible future aggravation. No matter what noise I hear from the front office or media, I just KNOW we aren’t going to make any changes of note. I see one trade, that’s it. Other than that, I suspect it’ll be business as usual.

And that scares me. :sadyes:

I feel maintaining your roster gives you no more leg up on the competition that it does keeping one key player (Nash, Shaq, Dirk, Ben Wallace), throwing caution to the wind and reshuffling the deck every three years or so.

Which of course leads back into the previous thread about whether or not JO is a franchise guy who you build a team around. Is he? Check out other’s answers in rexrom’s thread.

Man, I hope we majorly re-tool this roster. But this is the great Midwest, heartland of conservatism and we have a team run by pretty conservative guys. I’m not seeing it.

Someone convince me my anticipatory frustration is unfounded. Is there any way you REALLY see us making some big trades? How many of you think "blowing up a team" (not just this team. Any team.) is a bad thing?

<o:p></o:p></pre>

Young
06-04-2006, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't say that blowing this team up is a bad thing by any means. I just don't expect to because that isn't how Bird and Donnie work.

You defiantly can blow a team up and do great. The thing that you have to have though is the right coach. Is Rick the right coach? Maybe so, I don't really know for sure.

Anthem
06-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Both teams kept the core, made a significant addition, and then re-tooled around what was left.

I'd LOVE to see us do that. But it won't happen.

Slick Pinkham
06-04-2006, 02:35 PM
The equivalent would be keeping 3 top guys, like JO, Danny, and Peja and moving everyone else.

The trouble is, that core is not as good as that of the Suns and Heat, and the other players have less value than, say, a Joe Johnson.

But in principle, the idea is a good one and opposes the Pistons model of lineup consistency.

I want quick, smart players. We are near the league's bottom in both areas.

Bball
06-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Do we really have a 'core' of players worth keeping and building around?

After 'darkside' voting, I felt obligated to ask that question.

-Bball

Unclebuck
06-04-2006, 02:40 PM
I expect to see the Pacers make wholesale changes.

The Mavs also changed almost their entre roster in two years.

Why is everyone so quick to say "Pacers won't make any significant changes" Everyone is complaining riught now, why not wait until at least the free agent signing period.

This is not directed at you SE

Bball
06-04-2006, 02:47 PM
I expect to see the Pacers make wholesale changes.

The Mavs also changed almost their entre roster in two years.

Why is everyone so quick to say "Pacers won't make any significant changes" Everyone is complaining riught now, why not wait until at least the free agent signing period.

This is not directed at you SE

Most people are assuming the Pacers will follow their historical tendency to do very little in the off season when push comes to shove. Not re-signing Eddie Gill and/or Scott Pollard isn't going to count as a key moves in major change.

-Bball

vapacersfan
06-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Do we really have a 'core' of players worth keeping and building around?

After 'darkside' voting, I felt obligated to ask that question.

-Bball

Well I missed darkside voting, but as of now I see us having a core of JO and Danny.

So I think we may have to look at getting that "person" to build around via free agency or the draft (and I would have no problem with us trading Mel-Mel and/or Jackson for that right pick, although this years draft isnt going to have any players like that IMO)

Unclebuck
06-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Bball, the fact they it appears Rick is staying should be more evidence that major personnel changes are coming this summer

Anthem
06-04-2006, 04:16 PM
I'm basing my assumptions on the fact that TPTB seem to be saying not to expect major changes.

Skaut_Ech
06-04-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm basing my assumptions on the fact that TPTB seem to be saying not to expect major changes.

<big>"Are there going to be wholesale changes? No."</big>

Larry Bird, May 10, 2006.

Arcadian
06-04-2006, 05:52 PM
I don't think that you can listen to a GM. Saying that we are going to get rid of players X, Y and Z does nothing to help the situation. This is a buisness where you should keep your cards close to your chest.

I hope and expect changes to be made.

Bball
06-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Bball, the fact they it appears Rick is staying should be more evidence that major personnel changes are coming this summer

If I was to start a "My Fear Is:" thread, I'd have to say I fear that old habits die hard and when push comes to shove TPTB will not be able to pull the trigger. Whether it's trying to get too much for some players, holding off on a deal/deals until someone else scoops us, or simply deciding to roll the dice on "one more year".

Injuries = fall back excuse
Playoffs = Goal #1 met.

Mix everything together and I wouldn't be surprised to hear LOTS of rumors see lots of smoke... but in the end "Standing pat" (or darn near close to it) winning out.

Of course if I had any faith in our management system then I'd be agreeing with you because wholesale changes are what is needed both for the on the court product and for the re-energizing of the fanbase.

-Bball

Skaut_Ech
06-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Well, Bob Hill came into Seattle and announced wholesale changes.

Pat Riley did the same thing.

Rick Patino threatened wholesale changes and did it.

Bird basically said, "I'm telling our guys for the last time, they'd better act better or we'll look a some trades." It seems he wants to gives them a short leash, then he keeps letting out the slack to give them more leeway.

I just get the feeling that announcing that you ARE going to make changes puts more fear into the knucklesheads than saying, yet again, "just one more mess up..."

I dunno. I was just reflecting on the season and what may come and I have this sinking feeling we aren't going to do much, other than a single trade.

I'm in line with Bball's thinking. Historically,we tend to have a wait and see attitude, even when the warning signs are all around us. We won't do jack.

J_2_Da_IzzO
06-04-2006, 06:27 PM
IF we dont change this year and have another bad season then I could bet money that Bird will say the same and just give them another chance or few tweaks.

Hes just not brutal enought o make the changes needed. He has obviously seen Jacksons impact on this team and his negative attitude but seems like hes getting another chance. Tinsleys been given enough chances but hes just no gonna make it. I love him as a player when hes healthy, but he hardly ever is so I just gotta forget bout how good he is when hes healthy.

I dont think MAJOR changes are needed. Just clever ones.

Jackson and Tinsley going and adding a starting PG like Andre Miller would be great. I like Freddy aswell but his inability to pass with his feet planted drives me mad so I wont be mad to see him leave. Add another shot blocker or someone that is a threat in that department like Nazr would be good.

Nazr/Harrison
JO/Cro
Peja/Danny
??/AJ
A.Miller/Saras

Unclebuck
06-04-2006, 06:34 PM
I don't care what Bird, Walsh or Carlisle said, I think there will be wholesale changes

Hicks
06-04-2006, 06:55 PM
<big>"Are there going to be wholesale changes? No."</big>Larry Bird, May 10, 2006.

Here's a random thought: Do you think you could dig up any quotes from Riley or the Suns' GM from last summer about their plans for their rosters? Could be interesting to compare them to what's being said here now.

JayRedd
06-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Hes just not brutal enought o make the changes needed. He has obviously seen Jacksons impact on this team and his negative attitude but seems like hes getting another chance. Tinsleys been given enough chances but hes just no gonna make it. I love him as a player when hes healthy, but he hardly ever is so I just gotta forget bout how good he is when hes healthy.

Not sure if this is being fair. This offseason (which doesn't even start until after the Finals) is really the first good opportunity Bird is going to get to deal with this post-brawl team. Bird and Walsh rolled the dice on Artest and we all know how that worked out. Fault them for that if you want, but I (and I imagine many of you) was very excited about our chances at the beginning of the year.

It's pretty evident now that Jax needs to go, and I think Larry knows this and has ever since Artest asked out of Indy and this season imploded. But right now is the first time he's actually really had to address the situation. The drawn-out timeframe of the Artest deal pretty much held the team hostage for months, and by the time of the trade deadline, there was really no reason to trade Jax, especially considering he was the only guy consistently not injured and because it's tough to get fair value midseason when you're "selling" rather than "buying." Better to wait until now when teams are trying to retool for next season instead of trying to just add assets for a Playoff push.

Jackson and Tinsley going and adding a starting PG like Andre Miller would be great. I like Freddy aswell but his inability to pass with his feet planted drives me mad so I wont be mad to see him leave. Add another shot blocker or someone that is a threat in that department like Nazr would be good.

Easier said than done. Tinsley's value is at an all-time low. We're not gonna get much for this guy.

And I'm pretty sure every other GM in this league saw Stephen Jackson throwing haymakers at the back of some guys head in the stands that night. I think we all over value both Jackson's talent and what we can get for him. He's really a poor man's Ricky Davis at this point, and his "character" issues are--to put it mildly--shady.

brich
06-04-2006, 08:15 PM
You make great points as always Scott.

I do think, in spite of what they say in public, the Pacers will definitely move some of their problem children if they get a chance. They are playing a little bit of liar's poker I am sure, but I can't imagine they are fooling anybody. I actually think somebody might take a chance on Tinsley, because he is talented, and because the amount of point guards with his ability are few in the league.

Jack on the other hand, I think we are stuck with, unless he is packaged with somebody else. Tinsley isn't enough sweet to dilute the bitter of Jack, so sending them together isn't a viable option. You would have to send him with O'neal or Granger, and we aren't going to do that.

As much as I dislike Jack, I do think he could be valuable coming off of the bench. He is too inconsistent to start IMO. We just need a strong leader and coach to keep him in check. He doesn't seem to respect Carlisle or anybody else on the team, but management and the team should be able to deal with that. If that doesn't work, then you bit the bullet and trade him for whatever scraps you can get, but then you really just replace one problem with another one. If he behaves, then we can either keep him, or his stock value will increase.

That being said, there are plenty of other guys we can/could move, and we should be able to make this team better. This team has just been tainted by bad attitudes and bad habits. It is possible that coaching, management, and time will take care of this, but I don't think it is likely. We don't need to clean the entire slate, but we do need to purge at least some of our bad apples. This team is diseased, and instead of anti-biotics, it needs some "anti-psychotics." I think it is too fargone to heal on its own.

I think TPTB know this, and I think they are concerned. I don't think they are concerned about making the changes to win a championship, but I think they are concerend about filling the seats. As is, I don't think this team will do that. They have lost/alienated alot of the fans, and most people aren't going to pay their hard earned money to watch a bunch of whiny underachievers.

Bball
06-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Everyone seems to be deciding who the worst of the batch is and then thinking how we could replace that player (or couple of players). It's a 'bad apple' search and replace mission...

BUT... was that what the other teams did when they went on a mission to 'fix' or 'upgrade' their team? Did they have a bad apple or two to cleanse from the apple barrel? Or were they just looking to make an already good team better? ...Or find a better compliment of players?

Is just clearing out a bad apple or two really going to 'fix' anything? When you're rotten to the core perhaps the fix goes deeper than what many here are proposing.

This whole thing is pretty depressing if you ask me.... and it's not something our normal management style will fix if historical patterns are followed. That's why it's so depressing. And now that we need to act quickly and decisively we instead have "GM by committee". A donkey is a horse designed by a committee. We need one voice and one vision.

-Bball

brichard
06-04-2006, 10:30 PM
Everyone seems to be deciding who the worst of the batch is and then thinking how we could replace that player (or couple of players). It's a 'bad apple' search and replace mission...

BUT... was that what the other teams did when they went on a mission to 'fix' or 'upgrade' their team? Did they have a bad apple or two to cleanse from the apple barrel? Or were they just looking to make an already good team better? ...Or find a better compliment of players?

Is just clearing out a bad apple or two really going to 'fix' anything? When you're rotten to the core perhaps the fix goes deeper than what many here are proposing.

This whole thing is pretty depressing if you ask me.... and it's not something our normal management style will fix if historical patterns are followed. That's why it's so depressing. And now that we need to act quickly and decisively we instead have "GM by committee". A donkey is a horse designed by a committee. We need one voice and one vision.

-Bball

Yeah, but how many key guys did the Suns shuffle? I don't know anything about Leonardo, but I'm pretty sure that Nash, Marion, and Stoudamire are the core of the team. Sure, you could send out all of our B players and swap them for somebody elses, but I'm not sure it makes a big difference to our team. And since our team has been so injured, it is almost like we get a new player every night! And alas... one taken away.

We are also talking about a team with Steve Nash at the point. That is another unique feature of the Suns. He is just one of those guys who is going to play a certain way and make other pieces easy to fit in. Nash is everything the Pacers aren't. He's healthy, a good basketball player with high IQ, unselfish, and he makes others around him better.

I can't tell you what I want TBTB to do with this team b/c it depends on the day you ask me. Today I'm in a flush the toilet mood. I so crave to see something different that I'd almost not care who they brought in. Wait a minute... I just remembered Isiah Thomas. So, I do care, but some changes for change sake are okay with me. I mean, is this team's championship hopes riding on Jeff Foster or David Harrison? I'm more down on Foster than I've ever been and I'm not sure why. His offensive ineptness just really seems to have been on display this year.

But, I really don't think we are going to see a JO trade. It will be deemed too risky this year. But if the train gets off track this year, anything could happen.

bulletproof
06-04-2006, 11:21 PM
I don't know why the Suns are being used as the poster child for blowing up a team. They didn't get to the finals. They lost in the WCFs. Same place we were two years ago before Ron "blew this team up."

Sollozzo
06-05-2006, 12:01 AM
Both teams kept the core, made a significant addition, and then re-tooled around what was left.

I'd LOVE to see us do that. But it won't happen.

Call me cynical, but I don't think that our "core" is as desirable to build around and re-tool around as a Nash/Marion core or a Shaq/Wade core.

Jermaniac
06-05-2006, 12:01 AM
As long as Jermaine and Danny stay, I'm fine with blowing this team up.

ABADays
06-05-2006, 11:20 AM
I don't think there is anything wrong with blowing it up. It needs to be blown up.

Skaut_Ech
06-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Call me cynical, but I don't think that our "core" is as desirable to build around and re-tool around as a Nash/Marion core or a Shaq/Wade core.

Yeah, I'm with ya. I mean, what IS our core? Granger is a given. Jermaine, obviously. Throw in Peja, of signed. Is that it?

Nash/Amare/Marion

vs

Peja/Jermaine/Granger?

And bulletproof, I'd still use them as a model seeing as how they did it this year minus Amare and Bell for a bit. Pretty impressive.

BTW, folks, I was kinda curious about our injury thing. You realize Jermaine has only played 95 games in the past 2 seasons?

By way of comparision, Tracy McGrady, a guy we tend to diss for being too injury prone, played 125 games past 2 seasons. Weird and scary, huh?

The Heat only kept two guys who mattered, Wade and Shaq, then pretty much scattered the rest of the roster and look where they are.

That's the gist of what made me start this thread. I don't see our "core" stacking up with the contenders. So we build on what ain't working? That's what I'm afriad management will do.

SoupIsGood
06-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Blow it up, draft Oden! Hooha!

Bball
06-05-2006, 05:21 PM
BTW, folks, I was kinda curious about our injury thing. You realize Jermaine has only played 95 games in the past 2 seasons?

By way of comparision, Tracy McGrady, a guy we tend to diss for being too injury prone, played 125 games past 2 seasons. Weird and scary, huh?

Somebody will point out that JO missed some games for some other reason... something about November 2004...

But wasn't that 15 games in the end? So that would mean JO should've played 120 games if the league would've let him. Hmmmm... that's still less than McGrady... And JO ended up injured even with a nice little league imposed vacation in the season.

The Heat only kept two guys who mattered, Wade and Shaq, then pretty much scattered the rest of the roster and look where they are.

That's the gist of what made me start this thread. I don't see our "core" stacking up with the contenders. So we build on what ain't working? That's what I'm afriad management will do.

Apparently, being patient isn't the only way to win a title. Has anyone ever won a title being patient?

-Bball

Hicks
06-05-2006, 06:20 PM
Somebody will point out that JO missed some games for some other reason... something about November 1994...

1994? Was he suspended 15 days in High School? :D

But wasn't that 15 games in the end? So that would mean JO should've played 120 games if the league would've let him. Hmmmm... that's still less than McGrady... And JO ended up injured even with a nice little league imposed vacation in the season.

Actually 95 + 15 = 110, but your point stands.

Apparently, being patient isn't the only way to win a title. Has anyone ever won a title being patient?

I'm not enough of an NBA historian to tell you that one. I'd like to know. If we'd beaten :lakers: in 2000 we'd have been at least 1 of course. Past that... I'm trying to think of a team that was together for years before winning a title. How long were the late 80's Pistons together before '89? What about the Bulls that won in '91?

If you want to be cute, you can recall that the Celtics were patient (ironically more than the Indiana Pacers) and drafted Larry Bird a year "in advance."

VF21
06-05-2006, 06:21 PM
I've been watching my team get blown up for the past two years. Webber - gone. Christie - gone. Peja - gone. Bobby Jackson - gone. Unfortunately, we still have a flock of albatross left over from some of those explosions.

I used to be one who thought you simply couldn't blow up a team. We didn't blow up in one big explosion. We've done it over time and I strongly suspect some MAJOR movement of players this off-season, too, as Petrie works with Muss to refine the team into something for the new Musselman era.

As far as your Pacers go, I suspect you may be seeing pretty significant changes. I think you should keep Granger if at all possible. I think O'Neal is the real deal, and just needs more support around him AND a better point guard.

I'm almost as interested in watching what happens with the Pacers as I am with the Kings. Could get very, very interesting.

Should be some pretty eye-opening trades coming down. The draft isn't that strong. There's not a LeBron James in there. Petrie has alluded to some European talent entering the mix, but I'm predicting the best moves this year will be made via the trades.

If you have to blow up a team, blow it up. Let the pieces fall where they may. But, much like making sourdough bread, just make sure you keep some "starter."

;)

Bball
06-05-2006, 08:28 PM
1994? Was he suspended 15 days in High School? :D

Actually 95 + 15 = 110, but your point stands.

I've had to do WAY more work than usual for me on a Monday and apparently these past few (long) days have taken a toll. Math and numbers in general seem to have been a casualty of the day.

I'm not enough of an NBA historian to tell you that one. I'd like to know. If we'd beaten :lakers: in 2000 we'd have been at least 1 of course. Past that... I'm trying to think of a team that was together for years before winning a title. How long were the late 80's Pistons together before '89? What about the Bulls that won in '91?

If you want to be cute, you can recall that the Celtics were patient (ironically more than the Indiana Pacers) and drafted Larry Bird a year "in advance."

That worked out well for them... but was that being patient taking a Junior eligible tho? Or was that just the opposite? Afterall, they could've been patient and waited for the next Larry Bird and taken someone they could use that season.... :eek:

-Bball

Ron who?
06-06-2006, 08:41 PM

I agree with that because they are the only 2 capable of anything on this team...

purdue101
06-06-2006, 09:53 PM
I was going to make a new thread for this but figured this was fitting.

There is a guy in our office who is an absolute die-hard pacers fan. Lifetime season ticket holder......you know the type. He comes from a very well-to-do Indianapolis family who are close with the Simons and also die-hard fans. The family owns a box suite and attends a lot of the private functions the pacers put on.

Anyways, this guy knows I follow the pacers closely and usually drops by my cube every so often to tell me any dirt he's scrapped up. Monday he was swearing up and down that the pacers are in a full fledged pursuit of Bonzi Wells. He claimed JO is pushing hard for it & Bonzi is open to joining the pacers too.

I have no idea if it would be a S&T or if we would use the MLE....he didn't mention that.

I was also reading around hoopsworld.com and a lot of the writers on the website have referenced this same rumor in seeral of there recent articles.

The guy also thinks Bird is in love with JJ Reddick. He hasn't heard any rumors about JJ, it's just his opinion.

Don't shoot the messenger!

owl
06-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Skaut Etch said.."Bird basically said, "I'm telling our guys for the last time, they'd better act better or we'll look a some trades." It seems he wants to gives them a short leash, then he keeps letting out the slack to give them more leeway.

I just get the feeling that announcing that you ARE going to make changes puts more fear into the knucklesheads than saying, yet again, "just one more mess up..."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

Sounds like double secret probation to me :-)

As far as Bonzi and JJ rumors I could easily see them both as true.

owl

D-BONE
06-06-2006, 11:12 PM
The Bonzi rumor coming to fruition bothers me b/c it's like letting JO make personnel decisions. Or do they really think Bonzi's a significant upgrade? I'd rate him as slightly less volatile than Jack but less durable.

I mean it could work out OK I guess but it doesn't exactly light my fire. Bird or Bird and Walsh or whoever the hell's in charge needs to define the direction we're going and the type of players we're seeking.

Anyway, if Jack is out and Bonzi's in I could live with it. Unless Bonzi's turned over a new leaf I don't want both those guys.

VF21
06-07-2006, 12:05 AM
He claimed JO is pushing hard for it & Bonzi is open to joining the pacers too.

I have no idea if it would be a S&T or if we would use the MLE....he didn't mention that.

I wouldn't bank on Bonzi going anywhere. The Maloofs are VERY happy with him and have most likely told Petrie to make him a fair offer. Bonzi loves it in Sacramento. He's made it abundantly clear that if he gets a decent offer, he'll stay.

There are already a number of rumors about Bonzi, but he's ours until we decide not to make him an offer he won't refuse. And, quite frankly, I don't see that happening. Jermaine O'Neal can lobby all he likes but Bonzi heard 17,317 rabid Kings fans CHANTING his name in unison in the playoffs. It was something he's not ever gonna forget. In fact, he reportedly told a couple of his teammates it was the greatest moment in his entire NBA career.

The fans like him. The Maloofs like him. Geoff Petrie obviously likes him. And Artest likes him. My very strong hunch is that he ain't going nowhere.

FrenchConnection
06-07-2006, 05:50 PM

Keeping JO is not blowing it up. Blowing it up would mean trading JO for expiring contracts, sucking next year to get a high draft pick for the 2007 draft. For all of you that say this would be OK, I don't believe you. You will be on here after every loss complaining about turnovers, coaching, lack of effort, etc...

FrenchConnection
06-07-2006, 05:51 PM
I wouldn't bank on Bonzi going anywhere. The Maloofs are VERY happy with him and have most likely told Petrie to make him a fair offer. Bonzi loves it in Sacramento. He's made it abundantly clear that if he gets a decent offer, he'll stay.

There are already a number of rumors about Bonzi, but he's ours until we decide not to make him an offer he won't refuse. And, quite frankly, I don't see that happening. Jermaine O'Neal can lobby all he likes but Bonzi heard 17,317 rabid Kings fans CHANTING his name in unison in the playoffs. It was something he's not ever gonna forget. In fact, he reportedly told a couple of his teammates it was the greatest moment in his entire NBA career.

The fans like him. The Maloofs like him. Geoff Petrie obviously likes him. And Artest likes him. My very strong hunch is that he ain't going nowhere.

I bet that by this time next year the Kings' fans won't like either Artest or Bonzi.

Brian
06-08-2006, 08:10 PM
I blew up the team on nba live...I got Yao and Tmac,Bonzi,Kept Tinsley,Got the trainer to work with Granger,They cant be stopped.

Make it happen LB/DW.

Robertmto
06-10-2006, 05:12 AM
I blew up the team on nba live...I got Yao and Tmac,Bonzi,Kept Tinsley,Got the trainer to work with Granger,They cant be stopped.

Make it happen LB/DW.

I'm gonna try that right now, blowin up the Pacers and Wizards, i'll post my results...lol.