PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite time of the NBA year?

Young
06-04-2006, 01:40 PM
What's your favorite time of the year in the NBA?

As much as I love the start of the season, as much as I love the playoffs, my favorite time of the NBA season has been the draft.

Here is why:
- It gives all teams a chance to improve.
- It means summeritme, and summertime means no school!

I don't know what it is about the draft, I just like watching the draft. Maybe because it only happens once a year....I don't know. I just like the draft the best.

317Kim
06-04-2006, 01:54 PM
I also enjoy the draft and seeing fresh faces on all the teams. The beginning of the season is wonderful because you get to see what your team has been doing all offseason and see some newly aquired players. The playoffs are great too but the only problem is when my team drops out of it, it's not as thrilling because there's nothing to gain or lose.

Unclebuck
06-04-2006, 02:42 PM
I just don't understand how you can like the draft, or how you can like anything better than the playoffs

Young
06-04-2006, 02:57 PM
I just don't understand how you can like the draft, or how you can like anything better than the playoffs

I don't understand how you can't like the draft UB. It's once a year, you get to see guys fullfill their life long dream of being an NBA player, you get to see your team add a new face or two.

I'm not saying I don't like the playoffs, heck I like all parts of the NBA year, I just like the Draft the best.

Bball
06-04-2006, 03:13 PM
What is your favorite time of the NBA year?

The Pacers' NBA victory parade down Meridean and around the Circle. Absolutely beautiful time of year.

-Bball

JayRedd
06-04-2006, 03:55 PM
40 Games in 40 Nights. Best time of the year, no question.

rexnom
06-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Whenever we were contending I liked the playoffs more than the draft. Now? Probably the draft.

Kaufman
06-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Whenever we were contending I liked the playoffs more than the draft. Now? Probably the draft.

Ditto, couldn't have said it better myself.

CableKC
06-04-2006, 04:19 PM
My favorite time of the NBA year is when the Pacers make it to the NBA finals. Since that hasn't happened in about 4+ years......I just have to live with the overall NBA playoffs.

Pacersfan.
06-04-2006, 04:19 PM
The beginning of the season. We always start out with high hopes of what this team can accomplish, but get our hearts broken in the playoffs year after year.

Bball
06-04-2006, 04:30 PM
My favorite time of the NBA year is when the Pacers make it to the NBA finals. Since that hasn't happened in about 4+ years......I just have to live with the overall NBA playoffs.

Pacers made the finals 6 years ago... but who's counting?

-Bball

Kegboy
06-04-2006, 07:03 PM
10 years ago, I would have said the draft, no question. But that was back when I knew all the players. The HS'ers and foreigner's took a lot of joy out of it, plus I think ESPN does a ****ty job with it.

Logically speaking, the easy answer is the playoffs, but as said above, I equate that with getting my heart stomped on every year. Then I can never enjoy the rest of the playoffs afterwards. This year was a little better, since I'd given up on this team.

I really enjoyed the preseason back when I had tickets. It was a great opportunity to evaluate players and systems, and there wouldn't be a bunch of idiots sitting around me taking my focus off the floor.

But, now that I'm back to being a couch potato, I'll have to go with beginning of the season. There's so much hope and promise throughout the league. Hell, just think back to the beginning of this season. :cry:

haloguy
06-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Playoffs. More specifically the first round

Ara
06-04-2006, 09:13 PM
I like the draft, the few weeks before the trade deadline, the offseason (when you can trade and move your players and such), and the playoffs the best. I don't know what I like best :(

Big Smooth
06-04-2006, 09:34 PM
Playoffs no question. And yeah, I can still comfortably watch even after the Pacers get eliminated. The postseason is the ultimate test of every team and player. You find out what they are made of.

The draft doesn't do much for me. Don't have the patience for it. Sure I'll tune in for the Pacers picks but otherwise, too boring for me.

pizza guy
06-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Every time the Pistons lose - especially in the playoffs.

Will Galen
06-04-2006, 10:57 PM
If we had a team that was on pace to win 60 games then I would vote for the season. However, right now I voted for the off season in general because I like the spectulation.

The playoffs make me way to nervous.

Robertmto
06-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Gotta be the draft. I love to see the joy and disappointment on kids faces.

GO!!!!!
06-05-2006, 12:09 AM
start of the season/fantasy season.... everything is action packed then... we are all keen and full of hope that the current team will win and break records and we are jocking for that first win streak in fant bball and trying to trade for some player that'll put you on top...

start of the season for sure... since the All Star Break the nba has just been another season.... I want Oct Allready !!!

Jermaniac
06-05-2006, 12:15 AM
Everytime Jermaine O'Neal steps on the court to play basketball is my favorite time of the NBA year. Also first Pacers game of the season.

POW

Will Galen
06-05-2006, 04:24 AM
Gotta be the draft. I love to see the joy and disappointment on kids faces.

You voted for the off season. Finger slip? (giggle)

Kat
06-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Off season. I actually get to talk to my boyfriend for longer than a commercial break.

Frank Slade
06-05-2006, 03:24 PM
My answer is a two- parter

My preferred favorite time of the year is Memorial Day Weekend..
The Pacers and Racers.. you can just feel the Buzz in the air since the 93-94 Year that has always been the best for me, obviously if the Pacers are still Playing they are contending for a Championship Run.. That has always been the watermark, and most anticipated time for me ...

Of course barring that, and usually coinciding with years of unsuccessful seasons and/ or playoff runs ...

The Draft is one of the highlights of the season for me.. the possibilty of the steal.. the suspense of the unknown.. The Mind Games and Chess matches that transpire between teams before, during and after the Draft.. The possiblity of draft day trades..

And it's instant gratification. you don't have to wait 82 games or best of seven to see the results , within hours you know where your teams stands...

So I guess to answer the question as it is posed in the Poll.

Playoffs- First
Draft- Second
Offseason -Third
Beginning of the Year- Fourth

ChicagoJ
06-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Conference Finals/ NBA Finals.

I don't get too excited about the draft - I don't watch much college/ int'l ball so that's my first introduction to most of those players.

I do like training camp better than the regular season. :brick:

And I hate the offseason. If I have to work 12 months per year, so can those guys.

Young
06-05-2006, 04:13 PM
And I hate the offseason. If I have to work 12 months per year, so can those guys.

They better be working. The offseason is a time for players to get better, not sit around and watch TV. That's my job!

ChicagoJ
06-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Yeah, but I want to be entertained!!

SoupIsGood
06-05-2006, 04:49 PM
What's your favorite time of the year in the NBA?

David Harrison

Slick Pinkham
06-05-2006, 05:04 PM
playoffs!

Everything else is silly foreplay.

Robertmto
06-05-2006, 05:06 PM
You voted for the off season. Finger slip? (giggle)

exactly. But the suprise picks and slips of players are so fun to follow.

Arcadian
06-05-2006, 05:23 PM
My favorite time is the playoffs particularly after the first round.

As far as days goes the trading deadline can be exciting.

bulldog
06-05-2006, 07:57 PM
It's obviously the finals, but the playoffs drag on a little too long for them to be my favorite.

Meanwhile, for the draft: lots of basketball talk, endless arguments about freshman vs. seniors and Americans vs. Euro's, upside, comedy, seeing kids you've been following for a few years finally make, seeing the last guy in the green room sweating it out (that's drama), watching the Garden give Russ Granik crap (although he's gone, right?), watching the Knicks fans boo whoever they get, etc.. One of the best nights in sports.

Pig Nash
06-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Definitely the start of the year when our team has a chance. The decider has decided, move on. I promise not to take my avatar too seriously anymore though.

8.9_seconds
06-06-2006, 01:41 AM
USUALLY-

I would say the Playoffs, hands down....but

Damon Jones' Red Coat at All-Star Weekend really made my decision. I wish I could could find a pic.

To Quote Sir Charles:

"The Monster that Shaq Created."

Los Angeles
06-06-2006, 12:02 PM
My favorite time of the year is the beginning of the season. Assessing the team, sizing up the opponents, feeling like there is time to adjust for any shortcoming. At the beginning of every season we have the potential to be contenders. I like that feeling even though it's always gone before the season ends.

I like the playoffs a lot more when I'm watching other teams. When the pacers are playing, I'm far too emotional to really enjoy myself.

grace
06-06-2006, 03:16 PM
My favorite time of the year is when the Bulls game is on national TV.

Ron who?
06-08-2006, 05:27 PM

because our god damn team gets pimp slapped pretty early during the past 2 years besides.... no reggie= crappy playoffs

and the draft is great because no school and you can finally yell at the dumbest drafting teams of all time (i.e the Warriors) and then make fun of your friends who are fans of the franchise

Ron who?
06-08-2006, 05:30 PM
but when we still had Reggie definitely the playoffs because you had no clue what the hell would happen