PDA

View Full Version : 'Seed' leading contest. (Update)

Will Galen
06-04-2006, 02:42 AM
Just as this years NBA championship is down to two possible champions, the Guess the Winner contest is down to two possible champions. As of now 'Seed' is the leader with 12 correct picks. However he doesn't have any teams left so he can't acquire more points. Thus he can be joined, or beat by 'Go!!!!!' if Dallas wins the championship. If Miami wins the NBA championship, 'Seed' wins the contest.

Four players still have teams in the contest. 'Go!!!!!' picked Dallas in 5, 'Knucklehead Warrior' has Dallas winning in 7, and 'Microwave Oven' has Miami winning in 7. 'Pig Nash' picked Dallas for the finals, but unfortunately has them losing, so like everybody else in the contest he can't score more points.

If you want to check the results, here's the address. http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20709

You get a point for each first round series winner picked correctly. Tiebreaker points are recived by naming how many games each series would go. However you only get a point if you named the series winner.

PICK THE WINNERS CONTEST
Semifinals Results

NAME.........................Correct Picks & Tie Break Points

Seed............................12-4

Bluejrdn5......................11-5
G0!!!!!.........................11-4 (Still has Dallas in 5. So if Dallas wins the NBA championship he will tie Seed. If Dallas wins in 5, he beats Seed on tiebreak)

Hicks...........................11-4
Doug in ohio..................11-4
Rytas Jaga....................11-0

Knucklehead Warrior.....10-6 (Has Dallas in 7. If Dallas wins he will come in third)
Pizza Guy....................10-4
Microwave Oven............10-2 (Still has Miami winning in 7)
Denyfizle......................10-2
Tinsley#11....................10-2
Shags..........................10-1
Mourning......................10-1
Rexnom.......................10-1

Croz24...........................9-6
Tramil............................9-4
Pig Nash........................9-3 (Still has Dallas, but has them losing, so no possible points)
Raskolnikov....................9-2
Grace............................9-2
Skyfire..........................9-2
Fireball Kid.............. .....9-2
Suaveness....................9-2
Guron............................9-1
Indytoad........................9-1
Lord Helmet...................9-0
Mushmouth...................9-0

Ghost...........................8-4
Diamond Dave...............8-4
Will Galen ....................8-2
Rcarey.........................8-2
Jaydawg2270................8-1
Granger.......................8-0

SamBear......................7-2
Pacersfan....................7-2

Tony Valente................7-0
Antonio........................7-0
Ajbry...........................7-0

Hoopsforlife.................6-2

Burtrem Redneck.........5-1
Moses.........................5-1

Seed
06-04-2006, 06:14 AM
Wazaaaaaaa! I'm leading. Nice photo-finish though.

Looking back, my 2 mistakes were:
1. NJ beating the Pacers. I still think that a healthy Peja would have won us the series.
2. Miami beating Detroit. I underestimated Miami. Seeing them play against NJ, it was allready clear they will beat Detroit.

As for the Finals, well the obvious favorites are Miami for their experience, deep bench, team play, tough D... but the heart (my heart) goes with Dallas, for an unforgettable display of determination by an ugly tall blond (forgive this LB).