PDA

View Full Version : You are the coach

Young
06-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Alright most of us have complained about Carlise. So i'd like to know how you guys would coach this team?

Here is how I would:

Offense: I have no idea. I'd like to see some structure in here, but I am not for sure what. We defiantly can't be just dumping the ball into JO and shooting 3s 24/7. We need to have an in between game.

Defense: I'd go with man to man mostly but would press and trap sometimes and I would go zone when it would be to our advantage.

Rotation: Given the current roster, assume everyone is re-signed and healthy, who is in your rotation? Mine is:

Starting:
- Jermaine
- Croshere
- Peja
- Jackson
- Tinsley
6th Man: Freddie
- Johnson
- Foster
- Danny
Others: Saras, Pollard, Harrison, Eddie Gill.
Ending lineup would be same as starters.

What would you do?

Unclebuck
06-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Offense: First you need some quick penetrating players, and then I'd run pick and rolls about every time down the court. Off of that you can penetrate, you can draw and kick for threes and you can post JO or any other post player we get. (whether they run or not I don't care, but I want a more aggressive halfcourt offense)

Defense: I like the system a great deal, but hopefully with added quickness in the backcourt I'd like to see more aggression. I don't like trapping, double-teaming, and I hate full court presses, but I'd love a point guard who could pick up the guy he's guarding as soon as he gets the ball. We need a defense that will create more offense.

SoupIsGood
06-03-2006, 05:10 PM
I would start David

tdubb03
06-03-2006, 05:35 PM
Sign Tamika Catchings.

rexnom
06-03-2006, 05:39 PM
Sign Tamika Catchings.
Finally! A true franchise guy! Oh, wait...

tdubb03
06-03-2006, 05:43 PM

I bet she could take at least 1/3 of starting NBA PFs. Srsly.

rexnom
06-03-2006, 05:54 PM
I bet she could take at least 1/3 of starting NBA PFs. Srsly. With this new smallball style, I'm sure she could be effective enough.

Will Galen
06-03-2006, 09:30 PM
I would make Tinsley the third point guard off the bench. He would play when AJ or Sarunas got in foul trouble or when one of them was injured.

That way Tinsley might make it though the year.

Young
06-03-2006, 11:14 PM
I would start David

I had a feeling you would say that.

SoupIsGood
06-03-2006, 11:21 PM
I had a feeling you would say that.

:eyebrow:

Moses
06-03-2006, 11:24 PM
QFT

CableKC
06-04-2006, 02:12 AM
So....you're essentially asking us how we would coach the 2005-2006 Pacers.

okay....I'll stick with Carlisle's egg-timer substitution patterns, use set rotations with the same players playing within each set and limit how many minutes each player plays.

1st unit:

PG - AJ
SG - SJax
SF - Peja
PF - JONeal
C - Pollard / Foster

2nd unit:

PG - Tinlsey
SG - Freddie
SF - Granger
PF - Foster
C - Harrison

Bench Warmers - Sarunas and Croshere.

This is based off of the assumption that everyone is healthy...even Pollard and Tinsley.

My 1st unit is not surprising. But hte 2nd unit is more balenced as Tinsley, Freddie, Granger and even Harrison will have more opportunity to score against a weaker 2nd unit where Tinsley and Freddie can be the 1st and 2nd scoring options in their lineup.

pizza guy
06-04-2006, 12:09 PM
I agree 100% with UB's plan, as well as SIG's idea to start Hulk. Give us quick penetrating G's and the 3-4-5 that we have in DG/Peja-JO-Hulk and I'd love it, absolutely love it.

Jon Theodore
06-04-2006, 01:02 PM
there is really only one thing the coach needs to do. Bench jackson for THE REST OF THE GAME everytime he doesn't get back on defense because he's *****ing at a ref. I guarantee Jack would quit that **** if he didn't get to play because of it. HOW HARD IS IT CARLISLE, HE WON'T KILL YOU I PROMISE.

We would all pretty much love Jackson, if Carlisle had the balls to discipline him.