Hicks
06-02-2006, 06:12 AM
Most Valuable Poster
Bball
Hicks
Jay@Section204
Peck
Unclebuck

72 hours to vote. Last award of the season!

Kegboy
06-02-2006, 06:25 AM
Last award of the season!

:yes:

Except, I won't have any threads to read now. :(

RWB
06-02-2006, 06:58 AM
Every person nominated deserves to win. Voted for our man Peck because of bonus points in being the forum party emcee.

On that same note, Jose get's my vote for the lifetime achievement award in setting up the parties and Hicks for providing the forum.

Jose Slaughter
06-02-2006, 08:06 AM
That is a first rate group of posters but I think Bball took his posting up a couple levels in the past year.

RWB, thanks for the compliment but I'm just happy to hang around here & read the great insight that this board provides. I don't think making a couple phone calls earns me a life time achievement mention. Hicks, Able & the 5 up for this award are a different story.

rexnom
06-02-2006, 08:07 AM
I had to vote for Peck simply for his recaps. I prolly read more Peck-caps than official recaps this past year.

McClintic Sphere
06-02-2006, 08:16 AM
Peck tough to beat for the lengthy and insightful Pacers game posts, but Hicks is Mr.All-around. I'm going to have to ponder and ruminate.

Hicks
06-02-2006, 08:29 AM
2 people love me! And it only took hanging out multiple times in real life with one of them to get there! :yay2: ;)

Unclebuck
06-02-2006, 08:51 AM
Really this award should be re-named in Peck's name. Should be called the annual Peck MVP award. But until that is done, I have to vote for Peck, even though Bball, Hicks and Jay all had their best years yet.

it is like when Michael Jordan should have won MVP every year for about 8 years straight, but the voters wanted to give others a chance, and voted for other players just to make it fair. That is the only way Peck does not win this award.

If Peck were to stop posting, the forum would suffer, and that is the very definition of MVP. He's such a good writer

beast23
06-02-2006, 10:38 AM
If Peck were to stop posting, the forum would suffer, and that is the very definition of MVP. He's such a good writerThis one point is exactly why I voted for Peck.

On the Pacers, all of us have a problem with the roster because we really have no one who makes the other players on the floor better.

I won't go as far as saying that by virtue of Peck posting, he makes the quality of others' posts "better". But I will say that his posts, particularly his post-game posts, make the forum, as a whole, better.

For the first time in many years, this season I did not attend nearly as many games as I have in the past 20 years or so. Including pre-season and playoffs, I attended only 8-9 games. And for someone who attends probably 75% or more of the games each season, that's not many.

Instead, I watched most games on television. But mostly, I looked forward to the writings and ramblings of the guys listed above. Especially Peck's posts and Buck's responses to them.

I say "ramblings" because there were a few times this season where Peck's frustrations were evident in his writing style. He would always apologize for his effort on such occassion, but who are we trying to kid? They were still better organized than most offerings from the rest of us.

Anyway, because I didn't attend many games, it was the post-game analysis that I eagerly awaited. And no matter who started the post-game thread, it was Pecks comments that I most looked forward to reading. My opinion is also that the quality of the post-game thread, particulary its focus, was better when the post-game thread was started by Peck or Buck.

ChicagoJ
06-02-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm just honored to be on the list of nominees - thanks to those that nominated me and now I'm going to think for a while before I pick just one of my deserving colleagues to vote for:

bball - really stepped up this year with his thorough criticism of anything that lives and breathes associated with the Pacers. Borrowing from UB's analogy, he might be this year's Karl Malone.

Hicks - he's the reason/ inspiration this place is a "community." When he ask me to consider joining the moderators, I didn't really have the time. But I have been so impressed with his vision for a civil place to talk about our beloved team that I felt inspired to make the time and effort to do that for him. He's a great leader for this place.

Peck - If he didn't make a single post for the next 12 months, he'd win MVP again because we'd realize just how much we miss him.

UncleBuck - If UB and I, or UB and Peck, or UB and Jermaniac could not "disagree civilly", this would probably be a different place. Not everybody agrees with him (and for good reason, I might add :devil: ) but everyone respects him, his opinion, and the way he conducts himself. Bravo.

This is a difficult choice.

McClintic Sphere
06-02-2006, 11:09 AM
I just don't know where Jay, Unclebuck and Peck get their resolve to continually focus on the team through such unappealling performances and disappointment.
My loyalty does not waver, but I still view the Pacer's as entertainment and when they are the opposite of that, I easily turn to other entertainment.

Jermaniac
06-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Peck

Leisure Suit Larry
06-02-2006, 03:47 PM
I wish I could have voted Jermaniac, he is under-rated

Robertmto
06-02-2006, 05:26 PM
WOW! I voted for....it doesn't matter Peck wins.

grace
06-02-2006, 05:36 PM
With posts like this I should be a lock (to at least get nominated) next year!

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=410121#post410121

Jermaniac
06-02-2006, 05:40 PM
I wish I could have voted Jermaniac, he is under-ratedThats right.

Will Galen
06-02-2006, 10:10 PM
With posts like this I should be a lock (to at least get nominated) next year!

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=410121#post410121

I thought mine was funnier. Plus I gave a caption like asked, you used a poem from http://www.ecarg.gov

VF21
06-02-2006, 11:17 PM
I gave up League Pass when Comcast Sports starting broadcasting all the Kings games. So, I don't get to see too many Pacer games.

Reading Peck's post-games analysis gave me a good insight to the Pacers, with the bonus of reading comments from a fan passionate about his team.

I respect everyone nominated and I can honestly say their posts are among the ones I try to always find time to read, even though I'm busy on my own board. Hicks has created a wonderful community here, and I feel like a welcome guest.

When it came time to mark my ballot, however, only one choice was possible.

Peck, you got this Kings fan's vote.

Kstat
06-03-2006, 02:29 AM
If Peck wins back-to-back forum MVPs, he shall be forever known as the forum steve nash.

Will Galen
06-03-2006, 07:00 AM
:yes:

Except, I won't have any threads to read now. :(

Best Kegboy will be running for a week. (giggle, giggle, snort)

Eindar
06-03-2006, 07:12 AM
I think this MVP discussion should be more about what each poster meant to his team, not neccessarily who you'd pick first in a pick-up game of PacersDigest. :D

Suaveness
06-03-2006, 09:07 AM
If Peck wins back-to-back forum MVPs, he shall be forever known as the forum steve nash.

Though I don't think they look anything alike

Unless there's something you're hiding from us...

Lord Helmet
06-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Hail Peck!

SycamoreKen
06-04-2006, 08:12 AM
It was a tough choice between Peck and UB, the two guys whose posts I always read. I went with Peck because that is who won eenie meenie minie moe. All are deserving.

Will Galen
06-05-2006, 04:21 AM
PecKs the MVP. he causes more discussion than anyone with his posts.

However, since he has the award won I voted for UB.

Hicks
06-05-2006, 06:29 AM
Congratulations, Peck!

On a personal note, at least I can say I came in second. ;)

Will Galen
06-05-2006, 07:16 AM
Congratulations, Peck!

On a personal note, at least I can say I came in second. ;)

You, are most indispensable!

Able is most

317Kim
06-05-2006, 08:15 AM
:bowdown: Peck!

Congratulations! :)

Peck
06-05-2006, 02:38 PM
I don't want to come across as sounding disingenuous here but I honestly am suprised by the results of this.

I hit the wall & hard back about the middle of February & I have never really recovered. That is why my post season evaluations were as poor as they were.

With this group of players & this management structure I honestly felt like I had said all that I could say about them & thus really had a hard time moving forward with my thoughts.

I hope that some off-season activity by the team infuses me with some new energy, but I fear we are looking at the same old same old at this point.

Either way, I am very honored to win this.

Bball is my brother in arms on almost all Pacers issues. Whenever I need to know what I'm thinking that day all I generally have to do is read whatever he has written.

I will always be a loyal Vorta to our founder, all hail Hick's. But not only is he our founder he has a strong voice in all things Pacers as well. He is very well written & he is growing each & every year in his base of knowledge & has finally started to channel the dark side more. Soon he will go to games & not cheer but he will watch & observe.:D

Jay is a great writer. He also is probably the most knowledgeable fan about the game itself we have on here. He was at the vangard of the anti-Ron front so we should all be forever gratefull to him for that. He has been a strong supporter of being more of an offensive team than what we are. I won't hold his love for Chuck Person against him though.;)

This one is a crime though. How does Uncle Buck get so few votes? Needless to say whenever I open the forum the first person I go to read is Uncle Buck. IMO, he has always been the straw that stirs the drink of the Digest. He was/is an Artest fan but unlike other posters who don't post here anymore he had the decency to understand that the Pacers just couldn't keep him anymore. Look, that sounds easier that it was for him. The fact that he didn't get on here everyday after that & wish doom & gloom on our franchise says a lot for him. He is always fun to read & I get his sense of humor. Even though I didn't vote in time, I would have voted for him if I did.

We have a special place here at the Digest & in all honesty all of our moderators should take a bow. But each poster deserves a lot of credit for this as well. We have several people who do not agree on things but we have always civily agreed to disagree with one another which makes this a fun place to come to.

So in closing I would like to make the following comments.

1. The days of throwing the ball into Jermaine O'Neal & everybody just standing around should come to an end & it should end right now.

2. Dale Davis is God.

Thus speaketh the MVP.:teach:

heywoode
06-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Don't be so modest, Peck.

Your postgame columns are the staple of many a PD user's diet, including mine...This place wouldn't be the same without you.

(Now don't get a big head and expect a max contract when you become an unrestricted free agent!)

Hicks
06-05-2006, 03:35 PM
I may not be 2nd best Kegboy, but I'm 2nd best MVP 2006. ;)

ChicagoJ
06-05-2006, 03:39 PM
I'm flattered that I received as many votes as I did. Thanks, and thanks for the kind words, Peck.

Sorry that I did not get back online in time to cast a vote, but I would have created a three-way tie for third with my vote.

Congrats, Peck. M-V-P.