PDA

View Full Version : Is it time??

RWB
06-01-2006, 09:56 AM
Use to be the Pacers would hold a draft party, or open a summer practice session to the public (remember a good turnout Damon Bailey's rookie year), or Larry's Game (charity basketball event) to get the faithful out and keep generating interest in the Ps during the summer months.

Is it time the Ps return to that forumla? Peck mention's management in his #7 evaluation thread. It might be time for the promotions people to ratchet it up a notch, a head start so to speak to get the fan base something to get excited about.

As a fan, would you attend something like a summer practice?

Doug in CO
06-01-2006, 10:07 AM
I think most have seen enough

Time to see something new... hopefully

indygeezer
06-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Use to be the Pacers would hold a draft party, or open a summer practice session to the public (remember a good turnout Damon Bailey's rookie year), or Larry's Game (charity basketball event) to get the faithful out and keep generating interest in the Ps during the summer months.

Is it time the Ps return to that forumla? Peck mention's management in his #7 evaluation thread. It might be time for the promotions people to ratchet it up a notch, a head start so to speak to get the fan base something to get excited about.

As a fan, would you attend something like a summer practice?

I'd love a return to the Draft Parties. The ones of the Leonard days, not the Walsh tenure.

Good food and rubbing elbows with the players and owners. Great times. About the time DW took over tho it became sit in your seat at the fieldhouse or MSA I guess, and watch it on big screen....bleah. I'd rather stay home and watch ESPN with a brew in hand.

Unclebuck
06-01-2006, 10:40 AM
I think absense makes the heart grow fonder, and that is the approach the Pacers should take

indygeezer
06-01-2006, 10:50 AM
I think absense makes the heart grow fonder, and that is the approach the Pacers should take

Not to derail this thread.........but talk about souring your mood. I was watching the Pistons get drubbed the other night and right in the middle of the action my uncle flipped channels to watch Law and Order...guess which episode just happend to be showing.....yeah, THE BRAWL episode. That just really set the tone for the rest of the evening. He didn't wanna watch his Pistons get whupped but he enjoyed watching the brawl episode of L&O. :censored:

Please return to your normal threading now.

RWB
06-01-2006, 11:10 AM

:-o Wow UB, if the Ps are counting on memory loss to get the fans back they're in a world of hurt. I'd love to forget this past season, but that nightmare won't go away.