PDA

View Full Version : 2006 off-season evaluation part 7

Peck
05-31-2006, 02:19 PM
The management:

Right now we have two people in charge of running the basketball operations of the Indiana Pacers. Donnie Walsh & Larry Bird. Although Bird has the title of being in charge of basketball operations he made it very clear in the post season interview, which many of us have known all along anyway, that Donnie Walsh was his boss & he had to report to him.

Take that however you want but for some of us it still means the product on the floor is at the very least something the Walsh approves of.

Let's look at each of them starting with Bird.

The Good: He say's the right things & as we all know he has a kick butt take no crap attitude. At least he makes it appear that way (we'll talk more about this below). He seems to have an idea of what he wants on the floor & does not seem to be afraid to criticize his coach for not playing the players or the style he wants. He still has some pull with the players because of who he was on the floor & he seems to have the respect of the league office.

The bad: The kick butt take no crap attitude may all be a facade. There is just no way to know this yet so that is why I listed it in both sections. He may very well have been willing to jettison the jackass off of our team last season but was stopped from above. Then again maybe he wasn't ready. All we are getting now is the afterthoughts of these guys so who knows. He has already proven to be to slow to take some definitive action with the team. I say that because it was apperant to almost anybody that by the end of February that Carlisle had lost the team & it was apperant that maybe some of the team were trying to get Rick fired. Bird should have either fired Carlisle (which he wasn't going to do) or he should have given the "your not going to get the coach fired" speech right there & then instead of waiting till there was just a couple of weeks left in the regular season.

He has stated that he will take more of a hands on role next season. I ask why? Why does he think he needs to? Conversely why did he wait till next season to do it? This ship was falling apart early last season & Larry decided to tour Europe. We have scouts for that job so when the ship was rocking back & forth why was he not right back over here to try & stabilize it?

The outlook: Who knows. I don't think we will ever truely know what Larry Bird will be like or want until Donnie Walsh is gone. It may be great or it may suck but there is just no way to know.

Donnie Walsh:

The Good: Stepped up (finally) & took care of Ron. I know he had no problem in doing it but in reality it should have been Bird over here taking the heat for Ron? Beyond that the list of good for Walsh is long so I will name a few & I'm sure others will add to this. Good manager of business, loyal to his players, liked by agents, respected by league office, decent eye for talent, etc., etc.

The Bad: I will do my best here to be fair & non-biased. He is conservative to a fault (I don't even think his largest supporters can deny this), he sometimes over pays our players to much. The big one though is he stood by (well he actually participated in) while our franchise was being taken over by very talented yet very mentally unstable players. He rarel makes player moves unless it is forced upon him.

I'll stop because I think that is enough coming from me, if anybody else wants to add feel free.

The outlook: This supposedly his last season, I don't know if it is or if it is not. His legacy in Indiana is intact & in fact has been since about the 1989 season. There are still so many people around that remember not making the playoffs that making the playoffs has become the end all be all of the team. So therefor the WalshWarriors will always hold him in high regard. I think he will help guide Bird through this season & then maybe he will slip off into retirement. But as long as he is around he will still hold the trump cards.

Overall:

It's time for one or the other. We have to many people with to many ideas on how this team should be run. The owners may not want to pay Rick & another coach & it is obvious that Rick & Larry do not agree on how the team should play or who should be playing in what position.

This creats conflict & it sets up for another unstable season to come, IMO. I think the Simons need to just bite the bullit (as they have so many other times during the Walsh years) & let them fire the coach. Having a coach who has a guranteed job yet no extension just makes it so that the players are in limbo again. This is the last thing we need.

I know that Larry & Donnie supposedly have this symbiotic relationship & that is all well & good. But as Bob Marley used to say "one voice".

I think it's finally time to make the full fledged change over to Bird. I may or may not like what he is going to do but I think one voice is what is going to be required to right this ship.

grace
05-31-2006, 02:29 PM
I think it's finally time to make the full fledged change over to Bird.

:puke:

That is all.

:goodnight

Young
05-31-2006, 02:33 PM
I have to agree that it either has to be Larry or Donnie running the ship, not a combination of both of them.

I think we are seeing that the combination isn't working. It really isn't all there fault that this team has played the way it has the past 2 years, but I think if both of these guys are making basketball decisions this thing won't get any better. I say this because everyone has their own vision of how a team should play, I think we need to let one or the other make this team into their own vision.

Gamble
05-31-2006, 02:40 PM
Change is going to hurt I fear.

Frank Slade
05-31-2006, 03:08 PM
Change is going to hurt I fear.
:console:
Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
Turn and face the strange ch-ch-changes...

When you are through changing, you are through.
~Bruce Barton

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. ~Author unknown

There's as much risk in doing nothing as in doing something.
- Trammell Crow

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
:teacher:

The point regarding one or the other is a valid one, though. I can only imagine the times certain decisions could not be made or were postponed one way or another due to opposing views.

GM by committee is never a good long term solution.

Doug in CO
05-31-2006, 03:23 PM
I fear commenting here because I know who is lurking.

But alas - here I am - making this mistake.

Maybe we could change from One Goal to One Voice. And I do think that as much as I despise Bird - I think the fact that DW is a short timer means it is time to bow out. BUT I can also see the argument in that he deserves one more year to right the ship before he sails off.

I am not a DW fan - never have been. But I will take it to my grave that he was on the right side of the Artest trade situation and he would have chosen Maggette. Too many things point to this - the most being that he is younger and locked up. DW does not like to take chances - the rent-a-player route is not his thing.

I also agree with Peck - it sure seemed like Bird ran away from the Artest issue and perhaps could have even made it more tolerable (could he have smoothed it over enough so he could have played while we shopped him - we will never know). Basically - I lost a lot of respect for him in the weeks he was backpacking through Europe.

The Carlisle situation is at best messy, at worst a mess. I think you need to turn the page and get a fresh voice in there. Until you do - you are just extending the failed run of the current group. What baffles my mind is - a) who wants to keep him between Bird and DW and b) are the Simons so cheap that they can't pay the guy for a year to go away? The seats they sell would more than make up for it. No one comes top watch a coach coach - but I do believe people are staying away because they do not like Rick's system.

I am left not knowing where the franchise is or where it is going. I sure hope that feeling isn't the same one in the Conseco offices... but I wonder.

ChicagoJ
05-31-2006, 03:35 PM
It is imperative that this franchise gets back to "One voice" - I like that...

And right now I think that voice should be Kiki Vandeweghe's.

I'll be the first to stand up and salute DW for saving us from perennial lottery appearances. I also think he's underestimated Pacers' fans patience - there were only 4,000 fans per game in the 1980s because the team had no direction at all, and his cautious nature has resulted in a team that is consistently good, and occasionally great, but never really all that close to being a champion.

A trip to the lottery and then back up (with a plan, of course) might've been painful short term but would have reaped more dividends long term than the current "fall in love with mismatched talent" strategy.

Like Doug, my dislike of Mr. Bird is no secret. If he actually takes over the leadership of this team I'll probably be on suicide watch. (I'll still believe it when I see it - how much longer does everyone think Ainge will last in Boston? You know they're eventually going to make Bird an offer he can't refuse and then we'll read heartfelt, touching stories of that reunion and how much he's missed being a part of the Celtics... and remember I don't like the Green Guys.)

Peck
05-31-2006, 04:05 PM
:puke:

That is all.

:goodnight

Before anybody actually thinks I want Bird to be the man in charge I wanted to clerify this.

I have no particular interest in him being here. Like many of you I was at those 80's Pacers/Celtics games in the 80's so I know how you feel.

However, just like I had to do when he was the coach, I have learned to live with it.

I make no seceret about the fact that I have never been a big Walsh fan so I'm willing to go a differant direction, if for no other reason than to prove me wrong.

But I think Bird on his own will be vastly differant than Bird under Walsh. My only real concern is what will Birds relationship be with the Simons?

Will Galen
05-31-2006, 04:13 PM
I know that Larry & Donnie supposedly have this symbiotic relationship & that is all well & good. But as Bob Marley used to say "one voice".

I think it's finally time to make the full fledged change over to Bird. I may or may not like what he is going to do but I think one voice is what is going to be required to right this ship.

The below is from the Star's Q & A with Donnie Walsh. http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060524/SPORTS04/605240420/1088/SPORTS04

Q: Larry said he feels he needs to take a greater role in the organization. Will there be a change this summer in how you two handle personnel decisions?

A: Walsh} I'm looking to him to go out and identify what we need to do with the team. Identify the players he thinks would be good for our team. I'm here to help him in any way I can. That's how we've been doing things.

But I don't think he was talking about that. I think he was saying he needs to go down and be closer to the players and put his imprint on it. He's been there (as a player and coach). As a general manager or president, you're very hesitant to go down and start talking to the players too much, because then they stop listening to the coach. But he and Rick (Carlisle) have a history together, so it could work for those two.
-----

Who started this one voice stuff? I've read it before.

I can see where Bird and Carlisle are at odds, Bird has bluntly said so. Other than that I don't see a 'one voice' problem. As Walsh has said, Bird identifies the players he thinks would help the team, and he, Walsh, helps him any way he can. What's more Walsh says, "That's how we've been doing things."

This by the way is what I've been saying all along about their relationship.

As for who is quoted in the news, who cares? I've seen Walsh, Bird, Carlisle, and the Vice president speak for the Pacers.

EDIT; I do have some reservations about the type players Bird falls in love with, so I'm not sold on him, but that's a different topic.

Doug in CO
05-31-2006, 04:17 PM
I think the fact that Bird was in Europe and took no leadership during the Artest situation gave the appearance of hiding

JayRedd
05-31-2006, 04:35 PM
:console:
Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
Turn and face the strange ch-ch-changes...

When you are through changing, you are through.
~Bruce Barton

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. ~Author unknown

There's as much risk in doing nothing as in doing something.
- Trammell Crow

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
:teacher:

"Bob Dylan once wrote, 'The times, they are a-changin.' Ron Burgundy had never heard that song."

Leisure Suit Larry
05-31-2006, 04:42 PM
Next up, 2006 off-season evaluation part 8: conseco concession workers and janitorial staff.

Will Galen
05-31-2006, 05:15 PM
Next up, 2006 off-season evaluation part 8: conseco concession workers and janitorial staff.

If Peck writes it I'll read it.

PaceBalls
05-31-2006, 05:18 PM
But as Bob Marley used to say "one voice".

Wasn't that "1 love"? lol :p

anyway... I am scared of what Larry Bird will do without his mentor there to guide him. I seriously doubt that Larry will be able to fill Donnie's shoes and do what he has done here. Almost 20 years of running a very good basketball team. That is hard to top. I am thinking more along the lines of how long it will take before Larry Bird quits/gets fired after Donnie leaves. I say 4 years.

Bball
05-31-2006, 06:02 PM
IMHO Donnie Walsh has been out of his comfort zone for a while now. We're ending up exactly where he tried to avoid by 'rebuilding on the fly'. Too many miscalculations.

I've wondered about a disconnect between coaches, Bird, and DW (and maybe the Simons) for some time. This team has a leadership void that runs straight thru the team and all the way to the top. There just doesn't seem to be a true 'The buck stops here' position.

The lunatics took over the asylum a long while ago. The comfort level that a player must feel as an Indiana Pacer must surely be amazing. The odds of a midseason trade are tiny unless a player WANTS traded and goes out of his way to demand it or show his displeasure. Even summer trades are rare without that set of circumstances.

One Goal... Hmmpf...

If Larry Bird wants to lay down the law and begin to demand certain things from these players, then GREAT. I say it's about time. But it can't be all talk.

Until DW moves on we're not going to know how Bird would run this organization. And teams aren't going to know who they should put on the speed dial to talk trades with the Pacers. One person needs the ultmate power and ultimate call. A vision must be dictated from the top... not spread out, watered down, and compromised.

-Bball

Will Galen
05-31-2006, 07:35 PM
. . . teams aren't going to know who they should put on the speed dial to talk trades with the Pacers. One person needs the ultimate power and ultimate call.

Oh for lands sakes Bball! People on here are the ones having problems knowing who's in charge, not NBA teams.

Donnie Walsh says the ultimate call is Larry Bird's. What more do you want?

ChicagoJ
05-31-2006, 07:53 PM
Where does Donnie say that??

A: Walsh} I'm looking to him to go out and identify what we need to do with the team. Identify the players he thinks would be good for our team. I'm here to help him in any way I can. That's how we've been doing things.

Sounds like a normal, "I'm the boss, but my people are empowered to bring me their suggestions" working relationship.

Clearly during Ron Artest saga, teams were calling Donnie and not the guy backpacking through the wilderness in Europe. Donnie may have allowed Bird to have the final say, as a way of delegation for that particular decision.

I don't see how that equates to Larry Bird having the ultimate call. Why would he need a boss?

If the Simons don't want to pay for two coaches, they probably don't want to pay for two CEOs, either.

Seems to me that Donnie is still in charge, 100%. He's the CEO, and the buck stops there. That's why they pay him the big bucks.

Will Galen
05-31-2006, 08:32 PM
Where does Donnie say that??

Sounds like a normal, "I'm the boss, but my people are empowered to bring me their suggestions" working relationship.

Clearly during Ron Artest saga, teams were calling Donnie and not the guy backpacking through the wilderness in Europe. Donnie may have allowed Bird to have the final say, as a way of delegation for that particular decision.

I don't see how that equates to Larry Bird having the ultimate call. Why would he need a boss?

If the Simons don't want to pay for two coaches, they probably don't want to pay for two CEOs, either.

Seems to me that Donnie is still in charge, 100%. He's the CEO, and the buck stops there. That's why they pay him the big bucks.

Does your boss do your job for you?

grace
05-31-2006, 09:27 PM

Concession workers: Much better since the scuzzy cotton candy guy left or was asked to leave. Will never be as good since the beer guy that looked exactly like Edgerine James left.

Janitorial staff: Doesn't take much to make the bathrooms to look nicer than the :censored: hole that was MSA's restrooms.

ChicagoJ
05-31-2006, 09:39 PM
Does your boss do your job for you?

No. My boss reviews my reports, opinions, and analysis and then if he agrees he signs his name/ the company's name to it. If he disagrees with my analysis, I either prove I'm right or do it his way.

Whenever I achieve the right to have "the final voice", I'll need to delegate even more to the people under me. But then I'll be expected to testify, or appear before the auditors, or whatever. And if I screw up then, it will be my name in the papers. (Unfortunately, this just happened to a colleague/ good friend of mine on a very high profile case because he didn't spend enough time scrutinizing our staff's work and missed a big boo-boo.)

Did you ever have a boss that didn't review/ approve your work? If yes, they weren't really doing their job or they weren't really your boss, were they? Are you saying the DW is an irresponsible boss?

Bball
06-01-2006, 12:28 AM
Oh for lands sakes Bball! People on here are the ones having problems knowing who's in charge, not NBA teams.

Donnie Walsh says the ultimate call is Larry Bird's. What more do you want?

If Bird is in charge and makes the ultimate call, why is Walsh still there? What does he do?

-Bball

Will Galen
06-01-2006, 03:18 AM
If Bird is in charge and makes the ultimate call, why is Walsh still there? What does he do?

-Bball

Walsh is CEO of Pacers Sports & Entertainment. It includes more than just the Pacers. Notice how many Presidents, Vice Presidents, and managers he has under him, as well as the CEO of the Fever.

Walsh quote} "I'm looking to him (Bird) to go out and identify what we need to do with the team. Identify the players he thinks would be good for our team. I'm here to help him in any way I can. That's how we've been doing things."

Pacers Sports & Entertainment Staff Directory

Executive

Herbert Simon
Owner

Melvin Simon
Owner

Donnie Walsh
Chief Executive Officer and President

Larry Bird
President of Basketball Operations

David Craig
Assistant to the President

Susy Fischer
Administrative Assistant

Rick Fuson
Executive Sr. Vice President/
Executive Director of Conseco Fieldhouse

Greg Schenkel
Vice President of Corporate Relations

Sarah Baird
Pacers Foundation, Inc. Coordinator

Team Development

Kathryn Jordan
Vice President/Team Development

Wendy Sommers
Director/Team Resources

Paula Curry
Administrative Assistant

Pacers Basketball
Rick Carlisle
Head Coach

David Morway
Sr. Vice President/Basketball Administration

Sonya Clutinger
Manager/Basketball Administration

Mel Daniels
Director of Player Personnel

Joe Ash
Director of Scouting/Assistant to President of Basketball Operations

Dan Burke
Assistant Coach

Chad Forcier
Assistant Coach

Kevin O’Neill
Assistant Coach

Chuck Person
Assistant Coach

Jimmy Powell
Advance Scout/Assistant Coach

Ryan Carr
Scout

George Felton
Scout

Kevin Mackey
Scout

Nedjeljko “Misho” Ostarcevic
Scout

Alexsandar Pajovic
Scout

Josh Corbeil
Head Physical Therapist/Athletic Trainer

Carl Eaton
Assistant Athletic Trainer

Shawn Windle
Strength and Conditioning Coach/Assistant Athletic Trainer

Joe Qatato
Equipment Manager

Ron Oliver
Video Coordinator/Advance Scout

Vance Catlin
Assistant Video Coordinator

Hanson Wong
Assistant Video Coordinator

Cory Burnett
Administrative Assistant

Fever Basketball Corporation
Kelly Krauskopf
Chief Operating Officer/General Manager

Brian Winters
Head Coach

Lin Dunn
Assistant Coach

Julie Plank
Assistant Coach

Mike Henn
Director/Sales Development

Julie Graue
Director/Business Operations

Kevin Messenger
Director/Media Relations

Ben Milsom
Director/Inside and Fever Sales

Dan Gaines
Community Relations Manager

Elizabeth Linkous
Basketball Operations Coordinator

Vance Catlin
Video Coordinator

Michelle Cassaday
Administrative Assistant

Holly Heitzman-Allison
Head Athletic Trainer

Greg Moore
Strength Coach

Finance
Kevin Bower
Sr. Vice President/Finance and Chief Financial Officer

Finance

Jane Wardle
Vice President/Budgeting

Doug McKee
Vice President/Controller

Matt Albrecht
Director/Accounting

Theresa Walsh
Manager/Accounts Payable

Julie Kolner
Ticket Systems Manager

Brenda Thomas
Financial Analyst

Nancy Doyle
Accounting Assistant

Sandy Clouser
Office Manager/Travel Specialist

Nancy Duffin
Receptionist

Janice Franks
Receptionist

Scott Platt Mail Clerk/Courier

Human Resources

Donna Wilkinson
Vice President/Human Resources

Angela Lee
Director/Human Resources/Payroll

Pamela Groeschen
Human Resources/Payroll Manager

Management Information Systems

Larry Taylor
Vice President/Management Information Systems

Kevin Naylor
Director/Management Information Systems

Ronnie Aarons
Manager/Management Information Systems

Brian Brown
Technician/Management Information Systems

Marketing
Larry Mago
Sr. Vice President/Marketing

Wendy Rosner
Administrative Assistant

Communications

Quinn Buckner
Vice President/Communications

Marilynn Wernke
Administrative Assistant

Vonda Brooks
Director/Community Relations

Darnell Hillman
Associate Director/Camps & Clinics/Alumni Relations

Kelli Towles
Community Relations Manager

Richard Smith
Community Services Coordinator

Jeremy Brigham
Community Relations Administrative Assistant

Jeff Johnson
Associate Director/Creative Services

MaryKay Hruskocy-Scott
Publications Manager

Lynley Chapin
Sr. Graphic Designer

Joanne Stair Graphic Design Assistant
Conrad Brunner
Director/Internet Marketing

Rob Laycock
Database Research & Marketing Manager

David Benner
Director/Public Information

Jeff McCoy
Associate Director/Public Information

Krissy Myers
Public Information Manager

Tim Edwards
Public Information Assistant

Entertainment

Jamie Berns
Vice President/Entertainment

Greg Smith
Director/Broadcast Engineering

Susan Skelton
Broadcast Manager

Jeff Scalf
Director/Game Operations and Promotions

Brian McLaughlin
Display Technology Manager

Doug Morgan
Game Operations Manager

Karen Atkeson
Promotions Manager

Dean Heaviland
Promotions Manager

Jamie Stewart
Game Operations Supervisor

Ray Henderson
Game Operations Assistant

Jonathan Jones
Game Operations Assistant

Stacy Austin
Dance Teams Coordinator/Choreographer

Eric Nelson
Director/Production

Dean McDowell
Sr. Producer/Editor

Christopher Patton
Producer/Editor

Gary Joe Rice
Producer/Editor

Matthew Scott
Producer/Editor

Brian Rogat
Production Assistant

Sales

Corporate Partnerships
Mike McClure
Vice President/Sponsorship Sales

Danielle Guion
Sponsor Sales Account Executive

Rick Heliste

Michael Lake

Thorpe Miller

James Piatt

Kimberly Tarowsky

Ramona Christen
Sponsor Services Manager

Matthew Lowstetter Sponsorship Sales Business Manager
Laura Bartlett
Sponsor Services Coordinator

Susan Lane
Sponsor Services Coordinator

Alice Brooks
Sponsor Sales/Service Administrative Assistant

Tickets Sales & Services
Doug Dawson
Vice President/ Ticket Sales & Services

Jacob Vernon
Director/Pacers Ticket Sales

Kevin Frattura
Director/Premium Sales

Heather Denton
Director/Premium & Ticket Services

Ben Milsom
Director/Inside and Fever Sales

Rob Robinson
Director/Group Events

Brenda Smith
Ticket Manager

Jill McQueeney
Assistant Ticket Manager

Eddie Bird
Premium Services Manager

Marcus Fehman
Premium Services Manager

Erin Campbell
Premium Sales Coordinator

Bethanie Smith
Premium Services Coordinator

Brett Cole
Ticket Services Coordinator

Krista Evans Ticket Services Coordinator
Colleen Goddard

Meredith Marucci

Darla Jo Parker

Mandi Zeisig

Brooke Tichenor Group Services Coordinator
Mike White
Sr. Sales Consultant

Adam Fischer
Sales Consultant

Jay Greenberg
Sales Consultant

Craig Holloway
Sales Consultant

Jason Howard
Sales Consultant

Kris Kovatovic
Sales Consultant

Dave Lyons
Sales Consultant

Tom Severino
Sales Consultant

Chris Bence
Group Event Specialist

Emily Crow
Group Event Specialist

Alice Laskowski
Group Event Specialist

Bethany Robinson
Group Event Specialist

Lauren Adair
Fever Sales Consultant

Lisa Eckart
Fever Sales Consultant

Emily Kalis
Fever Sales Consultant

Candice Washington Fever Sales Consultant
Chris Daggy
Account Executive

Peter Dinwiddie
Account Executive

John Hanley
Account Executive

Adam Haukap
Account Executive

Chahnna Johnson
Account Executive

Matt Kalister
Account Executive

Robin Burger
Ticket Sales Administrative Assistant

Facilities
Carrie Tipton
Facilities Office Manager/Administrative Assistant

Beth Springman
Services/Merchandising & Operations Assistant

Kathy Lacy
Administrative/Scheduling Assistant

Administration

Harry James
Vice President/Facilities Administration

Paul Congress
Director/Box Office

Tricia Brown
Box Office Manager

Beth Schumacher
Box Office Coordinator

Julie Clark
Box Office Ticket Seller

Ursurla Harvey
Box Office Ticket Seller

Julie Kolner
Box Office Ticket Seller

Barbara Maynard
Box Office Ticket Seller

Bob Shorter
Director/Safety/Crowd Management

Greg Warren Safety/Crowd Management Manager
Mick Jackson
Facility Security Coordinator

Mike Boyce
Facility Security

Alvina Casillas
Facility Security

Ken Hooks
Facility Security

Larry Ison
Facility Security

Aaron Lawton
Facility Security

Terry Watkins
Facility Security

Stanley Woods
Facility Security

Operations

Tom Rutledge
Vice President/Operations

Chuck Devers
Director/Operations

Bob Taft
Central Plant Manager

Charles Miles
Central Plant Coordinator

Tom Surface
Utility Carpenter

Ed Fish
Shift Engineer, Central Plant

Dan Karch

Scott Sermersheim

Steve Zimmerman
Conversion Manager

Rodney Jenkins
Conversion

Ronald Kelley
Lead/General Housekeeping

Bob Olsen
Housekeeping Supervisor

Andre Filer
Housekeeping

Robert Haegele
Housekeeping

Ruth Lawrence
Housekeeping

Tom Pritsch
Housekeeping

Lesa Tyson
Housekeeping

Nichole Waith
Housekeeping

LaTonya Wright
Housekeeping

Annie Harrington
Seating Area Cleanup Coordinator

Danny Lisby
Seating Area Cleanup

Clarence Webb
Seating Area Cleanup

Aaron Hixon
Event Housekeeping

Cathy Olsen
Event Housekeeping

Scheduling/Production

Jeff Bowen
Vice President/Scheduling Production Services

Courtney Howell
Production Manager

Doug Weitkamp
Production Manager

Lindsey Hendren
Event Coordinator

Dave Teepe
Stage Foreman

Rod Fish
Assistant Stage Foreman

Jerry Horne
Houseman

Kerry Kent
Coordinator/Utility Setup

Donald Anderson
Utility Setup

Terrie Carter
Utility Setup

Kevin Ligon
Utility Setup

Roy Woods
Utility Setup

Services

Rich Kapp
Vice President/Event Services and Merchandising

B.J. Matthews
Guest Relations Manager

Michele Hoosier
Guest Relations Coordinator

Gary Nelson
Director/Merchandising

Mark Lippott
General Merchandise Manager

Brad Amberger
Associate Merchandise Manager

Jon Champion
Assistant Merchandise Manager

Jeremy Jackson
Assistant Retail Manager

able
06-01-2006, 06:29 AM
so Will, besides making a ridiculous long post about nothing but the Pacers staff list, whast is the point you are making with that?

Surely you are not saying that DW is just a "token figurehead"???

DW has the final on everything that goes on and what's more important, the final responsibility, HE alone answers to the Simon's who in turn are the only ones able to overturn his decisions

LB has a sayso, otherwise he would be a waste of good money (in my opinion he is anyway, but ok) but not even by a stretch of the imagination does he "run" anything, except for out of town when ***** hits the fan

Yes he has responsibilities, which by his own admission he has not taken real good care of, but the final say so rests (as in any company) with the CEO, he signs of an everything LB does and if he does not then it is not going to happen.

Does that mean LB has no influence? noit means he has the most influence, but like DW "trusting" to a certain extent the decision LB makes, so does LB has to rely on the "decision" of his staff.

Bball
06-01-2006, 09:14 AM
Walsh is CEO of Pacers Sports & Entertainment. It includes more than just the Pacers. Notice how many Presidents, Vice Presidents, and managers he has under him, as well as the CEO of the Fever.

Walsh quote} "I'm looking to him (Bird) to go out and identify what we need to do with the team. Identify the players he thinks would be good for our team. I'm here to help him in any way I can. That's how we've been doing things."

So when Donnie calls it quits, Bird's role will remain exactly the same and the Simon's will have to hire someone else to fill Walsh's current role?

-Bball

Doug in CO
06-01-2006, 09:20 AM
Nobody copies and pastes like Will Galen - can we get an award going for that?

bulletproof
06-01-2006, 11:06 AM
So when Donnie calls it quits, Bird's role will remain exactly the same and the Simon's will have to hire someone else to fill Walsh's current role?

-Bball

It's really strange. From what I can tell, you're a fairly intelligent guy, but when it comes to management, you either choose to selectively forget past discussions (or you actually do have a sieve for a brain), or you really have no idea how a business operates and why the Simons might push to retain Donnie when Bird came aboard (companies generally don't like to lose good people, especially people who have brought them incredible financial success and respectability). You seem to have no understanding of a collaborative working relationship and how two people might divide or share responsibilities.

But I don't think it's any of those. I think you just feign ignorance for the fun of it. ;)

Doug in CO
06-01-2006, 11:36 AM
And nobody throws the personal attacks like BP only to cover them up with a disclaimer so he can say he was just kidding and avoid getting banned... another award category for 07... Hicks?

Bball
06-01-2006, 11:39 AM
It's really strange. From what I can tell, you're a fairly intelligent guy, but when it comes to management, you either choose to selectively forget past discussions (or you actually do have a sieve for a brain), or you really have no idea how a business operates and why the Simons might push to retain Donnie when Bird came aboard (companies generally don't like to lose good people, especially people who have brought them incredible financial success and respectability). You seem to have no understanding of a collaborative working relationship and how two people might divide or share responsibilities.

But I don't think it's any of those. I think you just feign ignorance for the fun of it. ;)

I was asking Will if that is what he was saying/believed. I made no claims one way or the other in that post.

I take it that you agree with Will's assessment and Bird is doing all the basketball heavy lifting while Donnie oversees other aspects of PS&E?

-Bball

Leisure Suit Larry
06-01-2006, 11:43 AM
Concession workers: Much better since the scuzzy cotton candy guy left or was asked to leave. Will never be as good since the beer guy that looked exactly like Edgerine James left.

Janitorial staff: Doesn't take much to make the bathrooms to look nicer than the :censored: hole that was MSA's restrooms.

Conseco needs to warn their concession workers that they need to start looking clean and being sanitary or they will be shipped out. I'm tired of them sticking their fingers in my food.

They should also look to pick up few more janitors over the summer. Good ones don't come around to often and you can never have too many.

RWB
06-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Conseco needs to warn their concession workers that they need to start looking clean and being sanitary or they will be shipped out. I'm tired of them sticking their fingers in my food.

They should also look to pick up few more janitors over the summer. Good ones don't come around to often and you can never have too many.

I like the majority, they accidently turn their head and accidently leave the water bottle caps on the counter, accidently of course after advising they have to remove the caps for safety reasons.

However, the next time the beerman slams the box he is carrying on Mrs. RWB's fingers there might be a problem. :mad:

bulletproof
06-01-2006, 12:43 PM
I take it that you agree with Will's assessment and Bird is doing all the basketball heavy lifting while Donnie oversees other aspects of PS&E?

Not really. But you already know that.

Bball
06-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Not really. But you already know that.

So what part of my question to Will did you take exception to?

-Bball

bulletproof
06-01-2006, 01:10 PM
So what part of my question to Will did you take exception to?

-Bball

It's not the question, it's the disingenuousness.

Will Galen
06-02-2006, 01:14 AM
I was asking Will if that is what he was saying/believed. I made no claims one way or the other in that post.

-Bball

That's my assessment? Not quite, my assessment is exactly what Donnie said. I believe him. Most of you don't.