PDA

View Full Version : A fun KG trade.

Anthem
05-31-2006, 01:21 PM
So I was thinking about how I'd fix the team, and I thought about the ever-rumored JO-for-KG swap. Of course, that's not a good deal for the T-Wolves right now, so I wondered what it would take to make it work. They'd need to get rid of some salary... they have some serious long-term committments they'll want to get out from.

Soo...

First off, include JO and KG. Easy. Then throw in Croshere (ending contract) and Troy Hudson (their worst contract). Then include Jack and AJ for Marko Jaric and their #6 pick.

JO/Cro/Jack/AJ for KG/Jaric/Hudson/Pick.

Yeah, we'd need more moves after that. But we'd have a great pick to play with, plus we'd keep our mid-round pick. We'd clear up about $5 mil in salary, which is significant.

You think they'd do it? They don't get a bunch of attractive young talent in return, but they do get solid players (possibly 3 starters) and they get rid of their two worst contracts.

rexnom
05-31-2006, 02:38 PM
I really don't like Jaric. Like, really. If you find a way to get Hassell instead of Jaric, I'm in. Hell, I'd prolly be in even if we do have to settle for Jaric.

Anthem
05-31-2006, 04:49 PM
I'm not his biggest fan either, but I saw it as Minny trying to get rid of his contract. Salary-wise, it works if we get Hassell instead, but I'm not sure Minny would do it. I saw this as a stretch.

rexnom
05-31-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm not his biggest fan either, but I saw it as Minny trying to get rid of his contract. Salary-wise, it works if we get Hassell instead, but I'm not sure Minny would do it. I saw this as a stretch.
Agreed, we'd get the best player and an excellent pick. Taking two bad contracts/players they don't want is worth it.

Lord Helmet
05-31-2006, 05:57 PM
Jaric is garbage.

Anthem
06-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Jaric is garbage.
Which is why the trade works. There's no way we can get KG without giving up good young talent (Danger and Hulk) or taking back bad contracts. I'd rather take back the bad contracts.

Back to your point, though... would you consider him an upgrade to Fred as the backup SG?

rexnom
06-01-2006, 02:27 AM
Which is why the trade works. There's no way we can get KG without giving up good young talent (Danger and Hulk) or taking back bad contracts. I'd rather take back the bad contracts.

Back to your point, though... would you consider him an upgrade to Fred as the backup SG?
Jaric and Hudson are the kind of players that could be good...given the right circumstances. Same goes for Jack.

Skaut_Ech
06-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Jaric and Hudson are the kind of players that could be good...given the right circumstances. Same goes for Jack.

I as gonna say the same thing, rex. What people seem to forget about Jaric is that he got progressively and visibly better when he was with the Clippers, year after year. I'm much more optimistic about him than Hudson, although Hudson is good in spurts as an energy guy.

I view them the same as Chauncey Billups. Guys with talent who just need the right team. Hardly anyone thought about Chauncey till he became a Piston. You could see the talent was there. The fit wasn't. Till Detroit.

rexnom
06-01-2006, 04:12 PM
I as gonna say the same thing, rex. What people seem to forget about Jaric is that he got progressively and visibly better when he was with the Clippers, year after year. I'm much more optimistic about him than Hudson, although Hudson is good in spurts as an energy guy.

I view them the same as Chauncey Billups. Guys with talent who just need the right team. Hardly anyone thought about Chauncey till he became a Piston. You could see the talent was there. The fit wasn't. Till Detroit.
Agree, this trade would be great for us. Great. It probably won't happen. We're too conservative.

pizza guy
06-10-2006, 04:30 PM
Here's a very interesting idea. Would NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS happen, but it would work if it did.

Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
#17 Pick
Anthony Johnson6-3 PG from Charleston
9.2 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 4.3 apg in 26.4 minutes
Jermaine O'Neal6-11 PF from Eau Claire (HS)
20.1 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.6 apg in 35.3 minutes
Incoming
Kevin Garnett6-11 PF from Farragut Academy (HS)
21.8 ppg, 12.7 rpg, 4.0 apg in 39.0 minutes
#7 Pick
Change in team outlook: -7.5 ppg, +1.2 rpg, and -2.9 apg.

Minnesota Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Kevin Garnett6-11 PF from Farragut Academy (HS)
21.8 ppg, 12.7 rpg, 4.0 apg in 39.0 minutes
#6 Pick
Incoming
#17 Pick
Dan Dickau6-0 PG from Gonzaga
3.3 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 2.1 apg in 12.5 minutes
Paul Pierce6-6 SG from Kansas
26.8 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 4.8 apg in 39.0 minutes
Change in team outlook: +8.3 ppg, -5.2 rpg, and +2.9 apg.

Boston Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
#7 Pick
Dan Dickau6-0 PG from Gonzaga
3.3 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 2.1 apg in 12.5 minutes
Paul Pierce6-6 SG from Kansas
26.8 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 4.8 apg in 39.0 minutes
Incoming
Anthony Johnson6-3 PG from Charleston
9.2 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 4.3 apg in 26.4 minutes
Jermaine O'Neal6-11 PF from Eau Claire (HS)
20.1 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.6 apg in 35.3 minutes
#6 Pick
Change in team outlook: -0.8 ppg, +4.0 rpg, and 0.0 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Indiana, Minnesota, and Boston being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana, Minnesota, and Boston had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

pizza guy
06-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Another that's much more plausible and works is:

JO/JTins/#17
for
KG/#6

Whaddaya think?

Anthem
06-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Another that's much more plausible and works is:

JO/JTins/#17
for
KG/#6

Whaddaya think?
I'd do it, even if they insisted on including Jaric.

Shade
06-14-2006, 02:56 PM
Here's one for 'ya:

:thepacers get:
Kevin Garnett
Ricky Davis
Mark Blount

:timberwol get:
Jermaine O'Neal
Stephen Jackson
Jeff Foster
Jamaal Tinsley