PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get a Pacer letter in the mail?

Bball
05-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Dear .....:

First of all, the Indiana Pacers would like to thank you for your support. We are very aware of the committment you make when purchasing season tickets and sincerely appreciate that committment.

While we did make the NBA Playoffs for the ninth consececutive year despite having 236 man games lost due to injury, we were both disappointed in how our season played itself out. We've heard from you, our Season Ticket Holders, and fans alike, and we share many of the same sentiments. The nature of our business dictates we can't promise specific changes, but we can promise a renewed committment to you that next season the Pacers will have a team that represents the franchise and its supporters in a professional manner which makes you proud.

Our goals remain the same: to assemble a team with the capability of competing for an NBA championship and to provide the best service and value possible to our Season Ticket Holders.

Thank you again for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you next season.

Sincerely,
Donnie Walsh

Larry Bird

-------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if these went out to everyone or only those that haven't yet re-upped.

I thought it made for interesting reading for the forum since I'm sure everyone didn't get these.

For those that like to read between the lines or look for compelling phrases, this is interesting fodder:

The nature of our business dictates we can't promise specific changes, but we can promise a renewed committment to you that next season the Pacers will have a team that represents the franchise and its supporters in a professional manner which makes you proud.

-Bball

Unclebuck
05-27-2006, 01:19 PM
I haven't gotten it yet. Bball when did you get it

Bball
05-27-2006, 01:23 PM
I haven't gotten it yet. Bball when did you get it

It must've been in this morning's mail. Yesterday and today's mail were lumped together. It's postmarked the 26th.

-Bball

Redneck #007
05-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Nothing here

Unclebuck
05-27-2006, 01:26 PM
I'll probably get it today. Bball the part you highlighted is pretty telling, they could have said a number of different things instead, but they choose to say that.

If you are a season ticket holder though, you have them over a barrel. For the first time they are doing a select a seat program in early June, I've already signed up for that, and so I expect to be sitting next to either Donnie Walsh or Don Marsh

Lord Helmet
05-27-2006, 03:14 PM
I love the ongoing soap opera that is the Indiana Pacers.

Bball
05-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Bball the part you highlighted is pretty telling, they could have said a number of different things instead, but they choose to say that.

That's what I thought too.

-Bball

Lord Helmet
05-27-2006, 03:34 PM
I'll probably get it today. Bball the part you highlighted is pretty telling, they could have said a number of different things instead, but they choose to say that.
They realize that this past season was unacceptable, IMO.

Will Galen
05-27-2006, 03:44 PM
Quote:
The nature of our business dictates we can't promise specific changes, but we can promise a renewed committment to you that next season the Pacers will have a team that represents the franchise and its supporters in a professional manner which makes you proud.

I'm glad to see this! To me this is saying to the players, "Act professional or else."

Robertmto
05-27-2006, 04:04 PM
They realize that this past season was unacceptable, IMO.

I wonder who they blame?

SycamoreKen
05-27-2006, 05:09 PM
I love the ongoing soap opera that is the Indiana Pacers.

It still isn't as bad as Portland though.

Isaac
05-27-2006, 06:15 PM
I got it.

Shade
05-27-2006, 07:40 PM
:wave: :jackson:

Anthem
05-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Glad to hear it.

Since the season ended, all we've heard is "they'd be fine if they were healthy."

Roaming Gnome
05-27-2006, 07:55 PM
:wave: :jackson:

Nah, it's more like :tsk: :jackson:

Sounds like there will be slaps on the wrist to go around from the players to all the way to Carlisle. I just get the feeling that Tinsley is the only major change (subtraction from the starting line-up) we are going to see.

I guess I just feel rather down about all this, and the thought of putting Danny Granger at 2 to accomodate Peja just makes me want to: :puke:

What is the fascination about playing guys out of position on this team.

It seems like they are doing a lot of selling to prepare us for some minor tweeks masked as a new attitude... :unimpres

Lord Helmet
05-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Nah, it's more like :tsk: :jackson:

And, we still :love: you, :jackson:

Unclebuck
05-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Yes, I got the letter today in the mail, but mine seems to be a little different.

.....The nature of our business dictates that we can't promise specific changes, but we promise that Stephen Jackson will never wear a Pacers uniform again...

Wonder why my version is different, maybe because I sit in the lower bowl?

Kegboy
05-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Our goals remain the same...

Wait a second. I thought it was One Goal. One Goal, people!!!

Sincerely,
Donnie Walsh

Larry Bird

See, when they raised our ticket prices 60%, only Larry Bird signed. Every other thing I've seen, before or after, had both, just like above. Just goes to show I was right, Larry was just out to get me. *******.

Hicks
05-27-2006, 10:08 PM
I think only your copy, Kegboy, did not have Walsh's signature.

Evan_The_Dude
05-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Yes, I got the letter today in the mail, but mine seems to be a little different.

.....The nature of our business dictates that we can't promise specific changes, but we promise that Stephen Jackson will never wear a Pacers uniform again...

Wonder why my version is different, maybe because I sit in the lower bowl?

LOL

beast23
05-29-2006, 12:25 AM
And, we still :love: you, :jackson:

What's this "we" crap, kemo-sabe? "We" certianly doesn't include me and probably over half of those who post here on the forum?

How about "some of us" or "a small percentage of us" instead?

Lord Helmet
05-29-2006, 12:36 AM
What's this "we" crap, kemo-sabe? "We" certianly doesn't include me and probably over half of those who post here on the forum?

How about "some of us" or "a small percentage of us" instead?
I'm talking about "TPTB".

As in, "they still love Jackson".

VF21
05-29-2006, 01:40 AM
I'm talking about "TBTB".

As in, "they still love Jackson".

I'm sorry to pick at nits, but don't you mean "TPTB"?

;)

Lord Helmet
05-29-2006, 01:49 AM

;)
Yeah........................:blush:

Fixed.

8.9_seconds
05-30-2006, 11:06 AM

;)

The Powers that Be ;)

8.9_seconds
05-30-2006, 11:07 AM
This is a little OT, but If Scot and/or Austin are traded, if I sent them a letter, do you think they would get it? Not that I want a response, but I just would want them to know they were appreciated for how they played and acted.

ChicagoJ
05-31-2006, 12:00 PM
I got mine...

I think they're really feeling the heat in terms of corporate renewals. I think they've got a better shot at selling tickets for a 0.500 team that carries itself with class than a winner that the city does not embrace. And even during the high-water mark of 61-wins, the city did not embrace that version of the Pacers.

Now they're in the worst of all worlds, a class-less 0.500 team. And the only cause for optimism is hoping they make huge changes this offseason and start over, because if they bring the same roster and coaching staff back next season, I can see a lot of empty seats in the fieldhouse. As there should be.

They don't deserve "blind support" right now; and I hope that Larry Bird and Donnie Walsh ARE feeling the heat from the fans and from the Simons - just like Stephen Jackson hears the boos from the hometeam fans when he acts like a jackass.