PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Hunt for Adelman replacement over

VF21
05-26-2006, 03:52 AM
Word is that a replacement for former Sacramento Kings Coach Rick Adelman, with over 700 wins to his credit, has been found.

The new coach? John Whisenant, current coach and GM of the Sacramento Monarchs.

:censored:

Now the gold lamé uniforms make a lot more sense.

rexnom
05-26-2006, 06:48 AM
Joking, right?

Chauncey
05-26-2006, 07:59 AM
This is too funny to be true

Downtown Threat
05-26-2006, 08:10 AM
Joking, right?
I wish she was :(

Kegboy
05-26-2006, 08:16 AM
Before anybody asks, I got nothing on this. Yes, the Monarchs upset the Sun for the title last year, but I gave credit to their vet-laden team, not their coach. Strange.

You know, Ron loves the WNBA, he was at the Monarchs opening game this past weekend. Maybe this guy was his second choice. :dunno:

rexnom
05-26-2006, 08:59 AM
What's the over/under on us hearing "Sacramento Queens" again during their first losing streak?

Anxiety
05-26-2006, 09:08 AM
Word is that a replacement for former Sacramento Kings Coach Rick Adelman, with over 700 wins to his credit, has been found.

The new coach? John Whisenant, current coach and GM of the Sacramento Monarchs.

:censored:

Now the gold lamé uniforms make a lot more sense.

I know it's not April 1st but you gotta be joking, right?

Unclebuck
05-26-2006, 09:18 AM
Good news, I feared the Kings were going to hire Musselman.

rexnom
05-26-2006, 09:26 AM
Good news, I feared the Kings were going to hire Musselman.
I didn't think about it like that. Yeah, now we have one more coaching option available in case Rick wants to care of his family.

Leisure Suit Larry
05-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Kegboy,

What is your opinion on this?

Anxiety
05-26-2006, 09:53 AM
It's gonna be fun watching Ron get along with the new coach :D

Jermaniac
05-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Ron Ron is going to own this dude. Lol WNBA gm.

Shade
05-26-2006, 10:22 AM
I'm speechless. I can't even imagine how Kings fans must feel right now. It'll be even worse when Ronnie inevitably loses his mind again.

Shade
05-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Kegboy,

What is your opinion on this?

*ahem*

Before anybody asks, I got nothing on this. Yes, the Monarchs upset the Sun for the title last year, but I gave credit to their vet-laden team, not their coach. Strange.

You know, Ron loves the WNBA, he was at the Monarchs opening game this past weekend. Maybe this guy was his second choice. :dunno:

Anxiety
05-26-2006, 10:44 AM
Ron Ron is going to own this dude. Lol WNBA gm.

LOL I can just imagine the amount of respect Ron is gonna have for this guy :laugh:

Since86
05-26-2006, 10:51 AM
*ahem*

He was trying to make a joke.

;)

grace
05-26-2006, 10:58 AM
Are you guys dissing him just because he coaches in the WNBA? Ron Rothstein used to coach in the WNBA and I think some people around here liked him when he was one of our assistants (or maybe that was just Kegboy:shrug: ).

If the Pacers get rid of Rick they could always give the job to Brian Winters. He actually played in the NBA. Would that make you feel better about the hire?

Fool
05-26-2006, 11:04 AM
Are you guys dissing him just because he coaches in the WNBA? Ron Rothstein used to coach in the WNBA and I think some people around here liked him when he was one of our assistants (or maybe that was just Kegboy:shrug: ).

If the Pacers get rid of Rick they could always give the job to Brian Winters. He actually played in the NBA. Would that make you feel better about the hire?

I agree with this. It looks like everyone is just laughing at the association. Anyone know if the guy can coach or not?

grace
05-26-2006, 11:08 AM
Anyone know if the guy can coach or not?

He has a ring as a coach and Larry Bird doesn't.

:duck:

Fool
05-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Bill Laimbeer anyone?

grace
05-26-2006, 11:33 AM
Bill Laimbeer anyone?

If you mean as the Kings coach I don't care who their coach is. If you mean as the Pacers coach :suicide:. Oh wait. I don't care for the Pacers very much anymore. I guess I don't care who their coach is either. Unless it's going to make Kegboy testy. Then I care very much.

Leisure Suit Larry
05-26-2006, 12:14 PM
He was trying to make a joke.

;)

Thanks for catching that but trying? Come on.

Since86
05-26-2006, 12:38 PM
My seat belt ticket this morning, hasn't put me in a laughing mood. :shrug:

Slick Pinkham
05-26-2006, 01:18 PM
He's used to coaching players who have no balls.

:rimshot:

:brick:

oops... I may need to change my avatar

Leisure Suit Larry
05-26-2006, 01:41 PM

IN-A-PPROPRIATE

Los Angeles
05-26-2006, 01:51 PM
I get really sick of the WNBA bashing.

The women's game is arguably as fun to watch as the mens game. If you actually follow the game for the X's and O's, it's actually a better game to watch.

Anxiety
05-26-2006, 01:54 PM

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Anxiety
05-26-2006, 01:55 PM

The women's game is arguably as fun to watch as the mens game. If you actually follow the game for the X's and O's, it's actually a better game to watch.

Agreed. Maybe Kings will now bring up some players from the Monarchs which should help them improve.

abington
05-26-2006, 02:20 PM

I agree that women's college basketball is a great game. But something gets lost in the transition between college and pro because the WNBA is borderline unwatchable. Dreary, dull and depressing.

Los Angeles
05-26-2006, 03:22 PM
I guess I just come from a different place. I don't need a crowd to enjoy a game of basketball. Some of the most fun I've had watching a game has been during intramural play at IU, or down at the boardwalk in Venice.

I like the game for how it's played, not how it's watched.

grace
05-27-2006, 12:38 AM
WNBA is borderline unwatchable. Dreary, dull and depressing.

No, it's not.

-grace
openly campaigning for "Most Argumentative Poster 2007"

Anxiety
05-27-2006, 02:17 AM
No, it's not.

-grace
openly campaigning for "Most Argumentative Poster 2007"

Sorry but he is right. I'd rather watch cricket than WNBA.

Mourning
05-27-2006, 06:21 AM
Sorry but he is right. I'd rather watch cricket than WNBA.

Cricket??? :puke:

;)

Anxiety
05-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Cricket??? :puke:

;)

I was gonna use curling originally :D

Mourning
05-27-2006, 03:32 PM

:-o

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Robertmto
05-27-2006, 03:42 PM

Curling is addictive

Anxiety
05-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Curling is addictive

Oh for sure, everytime it's on I am addicted to smashing my TV :laugh:

Fool
05-31-2006, 02:26 PM
Reports are now that Musselman is in the lead now.

Mourning
05-31-2006, 02:28 PM
Oh for sure, everytime it's on I am addicted to smashing my TV :laugh:

:lol:

efx
05-31-2006, 03:19 PM
It's both hilarious and sad how some people jump over the guy for having coached women and how that immediately equals how he can't coach big, strong manly men...

Evan_The_Dude
05-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Musselman & Artest? Deadly combo.. or, death to the Kings waiting to happen???

JayRedd
05-31-2006, 04:11 PM
Agreed. Maybe Kings will now bring up some players from the Monarchs which should help them improve.

Maybe we should start recruiting there too then, because the Kings are a lot better than we are.

Unclebuck
05-31-2006, 04:39 PM
Darn it looks like EMus is the Kings coach, I wanted him to be the Pacers coach.

I think he's perfect for the new NBA.

Kings have a good one

SoupIsGood
05-31-2006, 05:56 PM
What if the Pacers hired Mario Elie?

CableKC
05-31-2006, 06:46 PM

I would prefer Mussellman or Elie....but now....leaning more towards Elie.

Other then the Kings....what other team is looking for a new head coach?

Geez......I wish that Carlisle would just come out and quit on us...or that Walsh/Bird would have the guts to just buy him out.

Kegboy
05-31-2006, 07:38 PM
If Ron hated Rick, he's gonna go Sprewell on Muss.

Young
05-31-2006, 10:27 PM

I think it would be a great hire.

But I doubt they get rid of Rick.

Shade
05-31-2006, 11:11 PM
Reports are now that Musselman is in the lead now.

Wow, that took a bizarre turn. Wonder what happened to change things?

VF21
06-01-2006, 12:30 AM
Wow, that took a bizarre turn. Wonder what happened to change things?

Among other things, a 90+% disapproval rate with the fans about the idea has reportedly caused the Maloofs to slow down and "re-examine" their options.

Frankly, I think they're still gonna go with Whisenant. The dude's a family friend, he got the Maloofs a championship with the Monarchs, AND he's been lobbying for this job virtually ALL year. He's 62 years old. He could well be the "interim coach" - a nice reward by the family for loyal service.

At this point, however, I'm completely unable to predict with any degree of confidence what the Maloofs might do next. For all I know, they could be scouting high schools. From what I understand, THE Coach Carter is still around - you know the guy the movie was made about?

...It's not a lot of fun being a Kings fan right now.

RON ARTEST
06-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Among other things, a 90+% disapproval rate with the fans about the idea has reportedly caused the Maloofs to slow down and "re-examine" their options.

Frankly, I think they're still gonna go with Whisenant. The dude's a family friend, he got the Maloofs a championship with the Monarchs, AND he's been lobbying for this job virtually ALL year. He's 62 years old. He could well be the "interim coach" - a nice reward by the family for loyal service.

At this point, however, I'm completely unable to predict with any degree of confidence what the Maloofs might do next. For all I know, they could be scouting high schools. From what I understand, THE Coach Carter is still around - you know the guy the movie was made about?

...It's not a lot of fun being a Kings fan right now.its very fun being a kings fan right now. this team is gonna be very good next season and i highly doubt whiz will be the coach. GO MUSSELMAN!

VF21
06-01-2006, 09:19 PM
its very fun being a kings fan right now. this team is gonna be very good next season and i highly doubt whiz will be the coach. GO MUSSELMAN!

The Kings are gonna be very good next season? So you know what's going to happen with Bonzi? You've solved the big gaping hole at the 4? And you've figured out a way to make Jason Hart incredibly good at the backup PG slot?

I presume this means you've also found a way to get Brad motivated again... and I'll just hope you've addressed the Kenny Thomas contract and found a way to remove that albatross from our neck before 2010?

And to add to the frivolity, the arena issue is far from being settled, the team has been actively wooed by Anaheim, and Arco is actually in the middle of a flood plain.

We don't have a coach; we don't have a coaching staff. We have coaching candidates that include a family friend of the Maloofs with NO NBA experience, a guy who will always be remembered for his melt-downs with the Warriors and a video game hero.

If you think this is fun, you must love train wrecks.

Anxiety
06-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Maybe we should start recruiting there too then, because the Kings are a lot better than we are.

Did not say we should not.

RON ARTEST
06-02-2006, 02:03 AM
The Kings are gonna be very good next season? So you know what's going to happen with Bonzi? You've solved the big gaping hole at the 4? And you've figured out a way to make Jason Hart incredibly good at the backup PG slot?

I presume this means you've also found a way to get Brad motivated again... and I'll just hope you've addressed the Kenny Thomas contract and found a way to remove that albatross from our neck before 2010?

And to add to the frivolity, the arena issue is far from being settled, the team has been actively wooed by Anaheim, and Arco is actually in the middle of a flood plain.

We don't have a coach; we don't have a coaching staff. We have coaching candidates that include a family friend of the Maloofs with NO NBA experience, a guy who will always be remembered for his melt-downs with the Warriors and a video game hero.

If you think this is fun, you must love train wrecks.what does kenny thomas leaving before 2010 have to do with next year? brad miller played bad in the playoffs because adelman the dumb idiot played him heavy minutes, same thing with bibby. gaping hole at the 4? SAR was a freaking all star in 2002 for god sake. and whiz wont be the coach so your little sources were wrong. thank god nobody outside of kingsfans.com takes you seriouly.:laugh: musselman is a defensive minded coach and did a great job with the talent he had in golden state. no coach has done well with the warriors so i dont care what happened in the second year. and the arena issue has nothing to do with my comment. bonzi said hes sick of moving and wants to stay and the maloofs made it clear they want to resign him. and you and i both know geoff petrie will sign a good backup point guard. back to kingsfans.com you go.

VF21
06-02-2006, 03:14 AM
I am not going to disrespect the nice folks here at PacersDigest, who have always been so hospitable, by responding to your comments. I've been here since August 2004. I'm not going anywhere.

Have a nice evening.

Downtown Threat
06-02-2006, 03:26 AM
what does kenny thomas leaving before 2010 have to do with next year? brad miller played bad in the playoffs because adelman the dumb idiot played him heavy minutes, same thing with bibby. gaping hole at the 4? SAR was a freaking all star in 2002 for god sake. and whiz wont be the coach so your little sources were wrong. thank god nobody outside of kingsfans.com takes you seriouly.:laugh: musselman is a defensive minded coach and did a great job with the talent he had in golden state. no coach has done well with the warriors so i dont care what happened in the second year. and the arena issue has nothing to do with my comment. bonzi said hes sick of moving and wants to stay and the maloofs made it clear they want to resign him. and you and i both know geoff petrie will sign a good backup point guard. back to kingsfans.com you go.
If you are going to have cheap shots at VF21 at least have the guts to do it on kingsfans.com.

You must feel very proud of effort you put into that post :rolleyes:

RON ARTEST
06-02-2006, 03:26 AM
I am not going to disrespect the nice folks here at PacersDigest, who have always been so hospitable, by responding to your comments. I've been here since August 2004. I'm not going anywhere.

Have a nice evening.good. o by the way did you see that thread at spurstalk.com about you and your little website? it was too funny.they even mentioned that you were an old:geezer:.:laugh: so how old are you?

RON ARTEST
06-02-2006, 03:29 AM
If you are going to have cheap shots at VF21 at least have the guts to do it on kingsfans.com.

You must feel very proud of effort you put into that post :rolleyes:look i didnt mean to **** off you also. this is a bad way for me to start here so i apoligize. im just pissed at her because she has banned like half of sacramento because of people that dont agree with her. i wont continue trust me this is the last time i even look at her posts.

Eindar
06-02-2006, 05:16 AM
I think the Maloofs are starting off on the wrong foot with Ron Artest. He says he wants Adelman to stay, so they fire him. And the prospective replacements? A WNBA coach and a guy who is known to get into aggressive arguments with his players. Neither of these guys sounds like a good coach for Ron Artest. If I were Sacto, I'd be trying to get Stan Van Gundy.

As an aside, this is why it's good to be rid of Ron, no matter what the cost. You have to factor him into every single decision you make. I guess that would be alright if he were Lebron James or Tim Duncan, but it's not worth making those kind of sacrifices for a guy that won't put your team on his back and lead them to a championship.

Kegboy
06-02-2006, 05:48 AM
look i didnt mean to **** off you also. this is a bad way for me to start here so i apoligize. im just pissed at her because she has banned like half of sacramento because of people that dont agree with her. i wont continue trust me this is the last time i even look at her posts.

Sorry mate, but your name was a bad way to start off here. ;)

Hicks
06-02-2006, 06:15 AM
what does kenny thomas leaving before 2010 have to do with next year? brad miller played bad in the playoffs because adelman the dumb idiot played him heavy minutes, same thing with bibby. gaping hole at the 4? SAR was a freaking all star in 2002 for god sake. and whiz wont be the coach so your little sources were wrong. thank god nobody outside of kingsfans.com takes you seriouly.:laugh: musselman is a defensive minded coach and did a great job with the talent he had in golden state. no coach has done well with the warriors so i dont care what happened in the second year. and the arena issue has nothing to do with my comment. bonzi said hes sick of moving and wants to stay and the maloofs made it clear they want to resign him. and you and i both know geoff petrie will sign a good backup point guard. back to kingsfans.com you go.

Consider this your warning for trolling.

Hicks
06-02-2006, 06:15 AM
good. o by the way did you see that thread at spurstalk.com about you and your little website? it was too funny.they even mentioned that you were an old:geezer:.:laugh: so how old are you?

And then I saw this too.

Robertmto
06-03-2006, 02:35 AM
Trolling?