PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Z of cleveland to be traded?

Doncikaz
05-26-2006, 02:01 AM
Hey all, i`ve heard rumours that big Z of cavs might be traded... Would you think the pacers would want him in their ranks? Would you as fans like him in your team?..

Kstat
05-26-2006, 02:37 AM
I think his show of toughness and resolve in the 2006 playoffs will never be forgotten. He is truly a clutch player.

Flax
05-26-2006, 03:41 AM
1. Whom would Indiana trade for Z?
2. Why Indian needs Z: if it goes to Mavs/PHOE direction, then Z acquisition makes little sense.

SoupIsGood
05-26-2006, 06:22 AM
He is worthless.

Slick Pinkham
05-26-2006, 08:55 AM
If you keep Carlisle and play plodding half court basketball, Z is perfect. He can make open 15 footers all day and make room for JO.

No Rick, then no way.

Hoopshype list him as a free agent: http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/cleveland.htm

If he's a FA, signing at above the MLE means no way also, which likely means no way (made 9.2 mill this year).

Here's a minimum salary rebounder I'd like to consider as a Pollard replacement as a 3rd center. Jose Slaughter would be so excited.

http://www.hoopshype.com/players/vladimir_stepania.htm

beast23
05-26-2006, 09:56 AM
If you keep Carlisle and play plodding half court basketball, Z is perfect. He can make open 15 footers all day and make room for JO.

No Rick, then no way.

Hoopshype list him as a free agent: http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/cleveland.htm

If he's a FA, signing at above the MLE means no way also, which likely means no way (made 9.2 mill this year).

I saw this early yesterday, and thought about posting about it.

It seems as though the Pacers are hell-bent on using a combination of Danny and Peja at SG/SF. JO is solid at PF and AJ has been our strongest at PG.

Playing the present style of ball that we play, I think Z would be a PERFECT fit in the middle to complement JO. He can score, hits mid-range shots, is a much improved FT shooter over the last few years, and although he is not by any means laterally quick, takes up a lot of room and blocks several shots.

Cleveland has Snow at PG. A great defender, but certainly not ballhandler and playmaker/distributor that the Cavs might want at PG if they want to run the ball. He's also approaching his mid-30s. If the Cavs and Z are willing to sign-and-trade, maybe the Pacers could work something out that includes Tinsley in the package. What the heck, maybe Saras might be happier and play better if we got our hands on Z.

But if we did acquire him, we'd need to get rid of one of the knuckleheads in the trade, preferably Tinsley and might have to give up Foster as well. And we'd have to pay Z at least $9M to start out and agree to sign him for 4 years or more.

Do you think the Pacers are willing to do that?

Aw Heck
05-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Getting Z would definitely give JO the center he's been asking for. And as others have mentioned, he would do well under Carlisle in the half court offense. And I don't think we'd hear any more complaints about Foster not being able to hit an open mid-range shot or being a scoring presence, since he would no longer be the starting center. Z and Runi are friends as well, so they would get along.

With that said, Z is going to be 31 next month. Do we really want to give a long term contract to a center who is going to be past his prime for the better part of it? And he's had a history with foot problems. I know he's been able to stay healthy the past few seasons, but if he comes to the Pacers, his foot is going to fall off. You know it will happen.

But I wouldn't be too opposed to getting Z. I think we could have a decent starting 5 with Z, JO, Peja, and Granger. It might be worth it if we didn't have to give up too much or if we got rid of a knucklehead in the process.

I think they're probably going to try to trade him to the West, or even just another division. But if they decided to do a deal with the Pacers, I could see the Cavs definitely wanting Harrison in return. They'd probably ask for Tinsley too, either Foster or Croshere, maybe Fred Jones in a sign-and-trade and a draft pick (Maybe this year's?).

If we really want a center and Z's the only one available, he's not the worst center the Pacers could go after. But I'd rather have the Pacers address the backcourt first.

rexnom
05-26-2006, 10:21 AM
Getting Z would definitely give JO the center he's been asking for. And as others have mentioned, he would do well under Carlisle in the half court offense. And I don't think we'd hear any more complaints about Foster not being able to hit an open mid-range shot or being a scoring presence, since he would no longer be the starting center. Z and Runi are friends as well, so they would get along.

With that said, Z is going to be 31 next month. Do we really want to give a long term contract to a center who is going to be past his prime for the better part of it? And he's had a history with foot problems. I know he's been able to stay healthy the past few seasons, but if he comes to the Pacers, his foot is going to fall off. You know it will happen.

But I wouldn't be too opposed to getting Z. I think we could have a decent starting 5 with Z, JO, Peja, and Granger. It might be worth it if we didn't have to give up too much or if we got rid of a knucklehead in the process.

I think they're probably going to try to trade him to the West, or even just another division. But if they decided to do a deal with the Pacers, I could see the Cavs definitely wanting Harrison in return. They'd probably ask for Tinsley too, either Foster or Croshere, maybe Fred Jones in a sign-and-trade and a draft pick (Maybe this year's?).

If we really want a center and Z's the only one available, he's not the worst center the Pacers could go after. But I'd rather have the Pacers address the backcourt first.
I think you just said it all.

Shade
05-26-2006, 10:25 AM
No thanks. We need a tough center, not a finesse center.

DisplacedKnick
05-26-2006, 10:36 AM
On offense Z would fit the Pacers perfectly. On defense he doesn't fit anyone.

PacerMan
05-26-2006, 10:36 AM
He'd be a good fit.

But give Cleveland a needed piece in exchange??

I DON"T THINK SO!!!!!!!!

grace
05-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Would you think the pacers would want him in their ranks? Would you as fans like him in your team?..

He's Cabbage's best friend. Doesn't that mean we HAVE to trade for him?:hmm:

Gamble
05-26-2006, 11:28 AM
If the other option was staying pat I would want to do this for
the short term and with if it was reasonable, ie. No Harrison trade.

beast23
05-26-2006, 11:48 AM

I know some would accuse me of homerism, but I think you concede too much clout in the potential trade with Cleveland.

I think you must keep one thing in mind. Z is a free agent. Like any team, Cleveland would like to arrange a very beneficial sign-and-trade using him, but they are in no way in the cat-bird's seat. So they don't really have the control to dictate a trade to the WD; they would just have to arrange for some decent, needed and acceptable players in return and do the deal or let him walk. Unless they were willing to re-sign him themselves and try to arrange something later.

They can only do a sign-and-trade if Z accepts the deal. If the Cavs ask for too much from the Pacers for example, then Z just goes and signs a potentially bigger contract with a team that has cap space. In that instance, the Cavs would get nothing.

The Cavs are probably not looking to get a major dollar contract that ends this year to get cap space next summer. So, I think Croshere is out.

As far as the backcourt goes, I am getting more and more of an inkling that the Pacers will try to man the SF/SG spots with Danny and Peja, so the only backcourt spot that could use a better starter from the Pacers' perspective is PG. They would still have Jackson to help bring back a decent PG, or they could end up using him as a 6th man if we just go with AJ at PG.

Assuming that Peja and Danny will be used as I've stated, I think this one trade for Z would complete a starting 5 that would enable a major improvement over last year.

Gamble
05-26-2006, 11:58 AM
No thanks. We need a tough center, not a finesse center.

At this point I would just want a center who could stay on the floor and
contribute.

Will Galen
05-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Zydrunas Ilgauskas signed a 5 year contract for 55 million on 8/2/05.

rexnom
05-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Zydrunas Ilgauskas signed a 5 year contract for 55 million on 8/2/05.
Yep, not a FA. But I still wouldn't be shocked to see him gone. Certainly not as shocked as I was when I saw his playoff beard.

beast23
05-26-2006, 01:19 PM
Mia culpa. In that case, scratch everything I said about Cleveland not being in control. We don't offer enough, they don't trade.

But the good thing is that Z would only be signed for another 4 years, ending at about what? Age 35?

RWB
05-26-2006, 01:44 PM
When is Lebron's contract up? Maybe the Cavs are getting a little concerned on how much it will cost to re-up their superstar if Z is making that kind of money.

purdue101
05-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Z tanked big time in the playoffs.....he was flat out horrible. i want no part of him or that contract.

hopefully no one else does either and cleveland is stuck with him.

Anthem
05-26-2006, 02:49 PM
I'd be happy to trade Croshere for him. But that's about as high as I'd go. And the Cavs are going to want a lot more than that.

Brian
05-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Rik Smits 2k6

Jose Slaughter
05-26-2006, 03:35 PM
Cro is an ending contract & with LJ's rookie deal ending, they will need to cut some coin to ink him.

Croshere might be just enough to do it.

Jose Slaughter
05-26-2006, 03:41 PM
Here's a minimum salary rebounder I'd like to consider as a Pollard replacement as a 3rd center. Jose Slaughter would be so excited.

http://www.hoopshype.com/players/vladimir_stepania.htm

Darth Vlader!

Been a long time since I heard his named mentioned.

I think he returned home to have his knees replaced. I would like to see him play again but I don't think its in the cards.

I so remember Arkman & I saw him play for Miami once. He stole the play at the 3 point line & took it in for a slam. That was the game Artest nearly had a quad-double.

Anthem
05-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Cro is an ending contract & with LJ's rookie deal ending, they will need to cut some coin to ink him.

Heck, I'd throw in Eddie Gill!

Seriously, if they'd actually trade Z for Cro, you'd have to think about it. No matter how bad his D is, that's a big step up on the offensive side of the plate.

pacerwaala
05-26-2006, 07:18 PM
No thanks to Z. He showed what kind of cupcake he is while trying to grab those offensive rebounds against the Pistons in game 6 of that series. He will get you 15 and 8 in the regular season and disappear in the playoffs. He is useless on rebounds, picks up cheap fouls and can't play D. At $11 million per, it would not make sense IMHO.

Hicks
05-26-2006, 09:29 PM
He'd probably look better playing next to Jermaine O'Neal at 4 instead of Drew feakin' Gooden. You could basically never double JO with him on the floor, and of course vice-versa.

Young
05-26-2006, 09:58 PM
No thanks to Z. He showed what kind of cupcake he is while trying to grab those offensive rebounds against the Pistons in game 6 of that series. He will get you 15 and 8 in the regular season and disappear in the playoffs. He is useless on rebounds, picks up cheap fouls and can't play D. At $11 million per, it would not make sense IMHO.

I agree with everything you said.

Although I don't really know what his contract is like, I was thinking it is multi years as 11 million per but not for sure, I still wouldn't want to trade Croshere for Big Z. Some people on here complain about the way Jeff plays defense well Big Z won't make you any happier. The fact that he seems to not show up for the playoffs, mentally atleast, that really wants me to stay away from him.

I want us to be a more athletic team that runs. Granted it won't happen until we get a new coach it will be even longer before that happens if we trade for Big Z.

Bball
05-26-2006, 10:11 PM
On offense Z would fit the Pacers perfectly. On defense he doesn't fit anyone.

Then Carlisle would limit his minutes, experiment, and then finally relegate him to the bench and he'd be seldom used and thus ultimately a non-factor on offense.

I guess he and Saras would then have something in common tho...

-Bball

Kegboy
05-26-2006, 10:42 PM
He'd probably look better playing next to Jermaine O'Neal at 4 instead of Drew feakin' Gooden. You could basically never double JO with him on the floor, and of course vice-versa.

Yup.

He'd be in good hands with Rick. Rick wouldn't make him an All-Star again, but he'd be a decent 5, which is a hell of a lot better than what we've got now.

I'd love to think we could get him for Tinsley+. Would Mike Brown be in favor of it, though? Remember, Mike was the one who rescued Jamaal from the pine in '03-04. However, does Mike subscribe to the TPTB line that Jamaal doesn't work hard enough?

Either way, Mike would have a lot to say about a potential trade with us, since he knows our roster inside and out. It'd be great if he wanted Jack back, but do they really need another wing? :shakehead

SoupIsGood
05-26-2006, 11:42 PM
JO is going to make him look better than he does with LeBron?

grace
05-27-2006, 12:21 AM
Either way, Mike would have a lot to say about a potential trade with us, since he knows our roster inside and out. It'd be great if he wanted Jack back, but do they really need another wing? :shakehead

Do you really think Mike is that stupid?

Anthem
05-27-2006, 12:33 AM
Do you really think Mike is that stupid?
Hey, he was the guy that got the Pacers to pursue Jack in the first place.

Then he left.

grace
05-27-2006, 12:44 AM
Hey, he was the guy that got the Pacers to pursue Jack in the first place.

Then he left.

I think that makes him sly like a fox.

Eindar
05-27-2006, 02:09 AM
That contract is horrid. I don't even know if I'd take him for Croshere straight up. His feet have had problems in the past, he's due for an injury, and he makes about 6 million more per season than he's actually worth. Not to mention, he's useless against any team with a transition game. That being said, he would relieve a lot of pressure off of Jermaine on offense, and also provide another shotblocking presence/low post defender. I think if you trade for him and re-sign Peja, you've almost got to consider running the 1999 Pacers offense, because Z is similar to Rik Smits, JO can rebound and block shots like DD if he concentrates on it, Peja is as close as you're going to get in today's NBA to Reggie's shotmaking, Granger is easily as good overall as Rose. That means all we need is a true distributor a la Mark Jackson, and we've reconstructed that team...

rexnom
05-27-2006, 02:33 AM
As long as a trade like this doesn't involve giving up our first round pick, Danny, Peja, or JO, I think I would be happy.

Mourning
05-27-2006, 05:20 AM
I'm not against it, depending on what we have to give up. I would give up Cro in a heartbeat IF that is what they ask. Hell, I would S&T Freddie to them aswell. But, beyond that we have to be very carefull about what we send them. They are going to be more and more of a competitor the coming years, we don't want to really structurally strengthen them.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

SwissExpress
05-27-2006, 06:09 AM
He's not a free agent. He has appr. 40 mill/4years left on his contract.
That said, I think he would fit well with the Pacers.

SwissExpress
05-27-2006, 06:30 AM
The fact that he seems to not show up for the playoffs, mentally atleast, that really wants me to stay away from him.

I don't think it's mental. He simply allocates physical resources differently and isn't used to a long season.
He never works out during summers (due to his feet), starts the season very slowly, peaks around the All-Star break each year and then gives everything he has till the end of the regular season. His final weeks in the regular are usually rather weak. I think he simply got tired too soon, a la Shaq last year.

If Pacers do get him, they would have to think of some "saving strategy", like Miami did with Shaq in the regular.

Jose Slaughter
05-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Z has missed 10 games in the last 4 seasons, I think the foot thing should be behind him now.

His playoff numbers are not that far off from his regular season stats. although he did have a poor series against the Pistons.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/zydrunas_ilgauskas/index.html?nav=page

Unclebuck
05-27-2006, 09:28 AM
I don't want Z

Kegboy
05-27-2006, 10:35 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=210 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE class=playerInfoGridPlayerInfoBorders cellSpacing=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top height=110>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/zydrunas_ilgauskas.jpg </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Cleveland Cavaliers
Position: C
Height: 7-3 Weight: 260
Player file (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/zydrunas_ilgauskas/) | Team stats (http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/stats/)

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=gSGSectionTitleStatsPlayerGrid vAlign=top align=middle colSpan=2>2005-06 Statistics</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>PPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>15.6</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>RPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>7.6 </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>APG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>1.2</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>SPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>.49</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>BPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>1.74</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>FG%</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>.506</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>FT%</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>.834</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>3P%</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>.000</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>MPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>29.3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Remaining Contract: 4 years, $40 million
Averaged 79 games over last 4 years

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=210 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE class=playerInfoGridPlayerInfoBorders cellSpacing=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top height=110>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/brad_miller.jpg </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Brad Miller
Sacramento Kings
Position: C
Height: 7-0 Weight: 261
College : Purdue
Player file (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/brad_miller/) | Team stats (http://www.nba.com/kings/stats/)

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=gSGSectionTitleStatsPlayerGrid vAlign=top align=middle colSpan=2>2005-06 Statistics</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>PPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>15.0</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>RPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>7.8 </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>APG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>4.7</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>SPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>.77</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>BPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>.78</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>FG%</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>.495</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>FT%</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>.828</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>3P%</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>.386</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>MPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>37.0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Remaining Contract: 4 years, $44 million
Averaged 70 games over last 4 years

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- Copyright IBM Corporation, 2001-2005 --><SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.1>var SA_ID="nbapix;nba";</SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.1 src="//stats.surfaid.ihost.com/sacdcv3_nbapix_nba.js" type=text/JavaScript></SCRIPT>
:stirthepo :evillaugh

Mourning
05-27-2006, 11:08 AM
What DOES have me worried now that I am looking some of Kegboys stats is ... WHY does he only play a little over 29 minutes per game?

Is it because he can't handle playing more minutes phisically? Is it because the doctors or the staff think that with more structural minutes he will have a huge risk of reinjuring that foot of his? Don't the Cavs need him more then that (in other words do they like to play small a lot of the time, so he gets subsequently send to the bench?)?

I do really like his numbers for only 29+ mpg though! They are really good. I just would like our starting center who we would have invested A LOT in to play more minutes per game (say 35-37) without him winding out or having a huge increased injury risk.

Any Cavalier follower (ohhhh Keyboy!!!!! :D:D:D) that could fill this in for us?

Regards,

grace
05-27-2006, 12:18 PM
What DOES have me worried now that I am looking some of Kegboys stats is ... WHY does he only play a little over 29 minutes per game?

Is it because he can't handle playing more minutes phisically? Is it because the doctors or the staff think that with more structural minutes he will have a huge risk of reinjuring that foot of his?

The Magic 8 Ball says: (drum roll, plese) :rimshot:

http://members.arstechnica.com/x/powermacman/Magic%208%20Ball.gif

Kegboy
05-27-2006, 12:20 PM
Rik never played more than 30 per. Brad only played 30 per when he was here. Shaq only played 30 per this year.

Besides keeping Z healthy, he averages between 3.5 and 4 fouls a game. That'll certainly affect minutes.

Robertmto
05-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Do you guys honestly believe Z is better than B-52? And if so who is the better fit here? I know I'd rather have BMiller in D.C. We have scorers. We need a big man who has good passing ability. (5 assists a game)

rexnom
05-27-2006, 04:10 PM
I would rather have Brad Miller but it's not like we have Brad Miller now and are suggesting a trade for Z. Right now, as is, small ball or not, when JO gets doubled down low, whoever he passes to will most likely fail. And that is serious.

Robertmto
05-27-2006, 04:12 PM
I would rather have Brad Miller but it's not like we have Brad Miller now and are suggesting a trade for Z. Right now, as is, small ball or not, when JO gets doubled down low, whoever he passes to will most likely fail. And that is serious.

I guess you're rite. The Pacers need any big man that can finish inside consistently.

Eindar
05-27-2006, 09:04 PM
Do you guys honestly believe Z is better than B-52? And if so who is the better fit here? I know I'd rather have BMiller in D.C. We have scorers. We need a big man who has good passing ability. (5 assists a game)

No, I think I'd rather have Brad Miller. But I honestly believe Z can be had for expiring contracts. Brad Miller can't. Also, in terms of fit, Z is just as good a shooter, but you're essentially trading Brad's passing for Z's shotblocking, which would be a good swap for the Pacers. But like has been said, we need a big man who can hit a 15 foot jumper lights out. If that's Sam Perkins, let's sign him :)

SoupIsGood
05-27-2006, 09:18 PM

They've also got to convince James that they are commited to improving and becoming a great team.

Pawning players off for peanuts doesn't really do that IMO.

Robertmto
05-27-2006, 10:42 PM
No, I think I'd rather have Brad Miller. But I honestly believe Z can be had for expiring contracts. Brad Miller can't. Also, in terms of fit, Z is just as good a shooter, but you're essentially trading Brad's passing for Z's shotblocking, which would be a good swap for the Pacers. But like has been said, we need a big man who can hit a 15 foot jumper lights out. If that's Sam Perkins, let's sign him :)

So by that theory you would like to go after Antoine Walker?

Anthem
05-27-2006, 11:16 PM
So by that theory you would like to go after Antoine Walker?
If you want him playing center, sure.

Robertmto
05-28-2006, 12:04 AM
If you want him playing center, sure.

Well he did play center for the Mavs alot. And I was thinking more like he could play the 4 and JO would play center.

Anthem
05-28-2006, 12:18 AM
Well he did play center for the Mavs alot. And I was thinking more like he could play the 4 and JO would play center.
Yeah, I'd fantasize about that too, if I were a Washington fan.

pizza guy
05-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Intriguing.

If Z could be had for peanuts, I think it's something you really have to consider because of his offense.

His lack of toughness though makes me wonder if we want him. Yes, he blocks shots, but something is just missing there. His age is also a concern.

He may be Rik Smits 2K6, but, that may not be all that bad...

...or maybe it would?

The problem I see though is his contract. For an aging, soft, finesse big man that could quickly decline....ehh....it seems like too many question marks for a team that NEEDS security.

Robertmto
05-28-2006, 12:37 AM
Yeah, I'd fantasize about that too, if I were a Washington fan.

Well we would match up with u guys' even better then. I would watch a 7 game series of

AJ/SJax/Granger/Walker/JO
vs.
Arenas/JJ/Butler/Jamison/Etan

Mourning
05-28-2006, 02:00 AM
Walker on the Pacers = :puke:

Can't make it anymore clear, Robertmto. He is generally VERY HIGHLY DISLIKED with Pacersfans and for good reasons. I think the only one on the Pacers who liked him a few years back was ... :shudder: Larry Bird :uhoh:.

Anyway, JO is loosing weight, so no way he's going to play a lot of center next season.

Regards,

Robertmto
05-28-2006, 03:48 AM
Walker on the Pacers = :puke:

Can't make it anymore clear, Robertmto. He is generally VERY HIGHLY DISLIKED with Pacersfans and for good reasons. I think the only one on the Pacers who liked him a few years back was ... :shudder: Larry Bird :uhoh:.

Anyway, JO is loosing weight, so no way he's going to play a lot of center next season.

Regards,

And isn't Bird powerful enuff to bring Walker to town?

Mourning
05-28-2006, 05:43 AM
I think he's smart enough to know he would have a rebellion on his hands if he were to bring him in, never mind that he wouldn't want to help a top-tier team by getting something decent from us.

Besides, this was a few years back when Walker had his first stint in Boston, quite a lot has happenned since then and I wouldn't think those "events" have worked in Antoine's favour.

Regards,

rexnom
05-28-2006, 06:05 AM
I think he's smart enough to know he would have a rebellion on his hands if he were to bring him in, never mind that he wouldn't want to help a top-tier team by getting something decent from us.

Besides, this was a few years back when Walker had his first stint in Boston, quite a lot has happenned since then and I wouldn't think those "events" have worked in Antoine's favour.

Regards,

Yeah, let's not even talk about Toine, this is ridiculous. Z makes more sense. It seems like a nice, low-risk move if we don't give up too much. Again, I'm open to anything but Danny, JO, Peja, our pick, and Harrison. Think about it, is Z less valueable than anyone except those guys. All we now need is LeBron to go and ask for Z to be gone.

skyfire
05-28-2006, 08:39 AM
Z is a pretty weak defender and rebounder. I dont think he would work all that well next to JO. If we could get him for Cro and change and re-signed Peja it would keep us in salary cap hell for a long time. Given that we might want to resign/extend Hulk and Granger in the next few years I think bringing our salary back abit would be smart.

SwissExpress
05-29-2006, 05:07 AM
Z has missed 10 games in the last 4 seasons, I think the foot thing should be behind him now.

I hope he won't get another trauma, but as regards the pain - he still feels it. He said it himself on numerous occasions. There's one good interview with big Z on his health posted in Pacers Digest too.

It should be in one of the threads I started (there aren't many, so it shouldn't be difficult to find). Really good article with details on what procedures Cavs doctors do to his feet daily.

SwissExpress
05-29-2006, 05:10 AM

It's partly because Varejao has really progressed this year. He's deffinitely a better sub than "Tractor" Taylor last year. Varejao is mobile and fits with LeBron well.
And partly due to his feet, I guess.