Peck
Unclebuck

48 hours.

317Kim
05-24-2006, 06:11 AM
This is going to be a toughie.

SoupIsGood
05-24-2006, 06:16 AM
Normally I'd vote for Jay since he seems to want the same thing in a team as I do, most the time.... but he threw wayyy too many "then we should trade Granger"'s out there. :-p

That, and Keg's coaching takes are excellent.

DisplacedKnick
05-24-2006, 08:22 AM
I'd like my team to trade all 15 players plus Jay wants to trade all 15 players so I'm giving him my sympathy vote.

Besides - maybe in some alternate universe we'll both end up as GM's of our respective teams and we can start working on deals.

(As a side note - wouldn't it be great to be Knicks GM? You can do whatever you want without any accountability - complete playtime!)

Los Angeles
05-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Bball - Best Arm-Chair Lynchmob
Jay - Best Arm-Chair GM
Peck - Best Arm-Chair Columnist/Journalist
Kegboy - Best Arm-Chair Assistant Coach/Scout
UncleBuck - Best Arm-Chair Coach

UB gets my vote this year because his commentary on actual game-play seemed to slightly edge the others. This could swing any direction on any given year.

Thanks for all the great reading, guys.

Unclebuck
05-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Jay - Best Arm-Chair GM

UB gets my vote this year because his commentary on actual game-play seemed to slightly edge the others. This could swing any direction on any given year.

Thanks for all the great reading, guys.

I appreciate the comments.

I don't know who I'm going to vote for yet.

ChicagoJ
05-24-2006, 12:08 PM

I could almost agree with all this, except I can't vote for a guy that actually wants to front the post as "best arm-chair coach." :tongue:

As I've said before, I would've voted for Beast23 if he had received enough nominations. This is a tough choice.

(And I'm just not a "vote for myself" kind of guy. Not that there's anything wrong with that...)

btowncolt
05-24-2006, 12:12 PM
Not even close.

:tongue:

Unclebuck
05-24-2006, 12:24 PM
I'd vote for Beast23 also if he were nominated.

I always consider this award to be "the poster you want to coach the Pacers".

Slick Pinkham
05-24-2006, 01:25 PM

Then I should have cast a write-in vote for Mark Boyle. He could probably talk Slick into being his top assistant.

Suaveness
05-24-2006, 05:09 PM
I'd vote for Beast23 also if he were nominated.

You think we could get Phil Jackson to post here?

ChicagoJ
05-24-2006, 05:19 PM
I was going to write in Doug or DougCT. Since there isn't a "Jeff" or a "JVG" that posts here, I figure Mr. Collins is the best we can do from the current screennames.

:brick:

Jermaniac
05-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Peck is that dude.

Kegboy
05-24-2006, 08:48 PM
I was going to write in Doug or DougCT. Since there isn't a "Jeff" or a "JVG" that posts here, I figure Mr. Collins is the best we can do from the current screennames.

:brick:

Well, I voted for you cause I figured you were Jay Marriotti. I mean, you are in Chicago.

:tongue:

ChicagoJ
05-24-2006, 09:32 PM
Ouch.

Shade
05-24-2006, 11:50 PM
Tough call, but after attending a few games with him this year, I had to go with Peck.

beast23
05-25-2006, 12:16 AM
I really can't vote on this one; I have to abstain.

My reason is that I appreciate the vast majority of viewpoints that these guys provide regarding coaching issues.

And when I don't agree with one of their observations, they make it very clear why they reached that particular opinion. It doesn't mean that I agree, or that I will ever agree, it just means that I respect the process they went through to arrive at their conclusion.

But what I appreciate the most about these guys is that they will sometimes come up with very subtle observations regarding the game. For example, I'm impressed that 'Buck and Peck can pick up on so much that is going on during the game. Like Donnie's and Larry's reactions as they are observing the game and the demeanor of the players on the bench or as they are coming off the court.

If our coaching staff simultaneously came down with the flu, I'd be happy with any one of these guys on the bench for a game or two.

P.S. That doesn't mean that I'd be happy with Jay as G.M., because I've grown fond of a few of our players. :) But Jay would make a great coach for a game or two if Rick by chance doesn't find his way to the fieldhouse.

Will Galen
05-25-2006, 03:43 PM
Anyone else notice Diamond Dave voted for BBall over Peck?

Bball
05-26-2006, 02:58 AM
Anyone else notice Diamond Dave voted for BBall over Peck?

He must know this poll ends on my birthday (May 26th)!!! :cool:

-Bball

317Kim
05-26-2006, 05:41 AM
:woot2: Happy Birthday Bball!

SoupIsGood
05-26-2006, 06:20 AM
I think the poll closed..... right?

Congrats Peck!!

Kegboy
05-26-2006, 08:08 AM
:loser2:

If only I'd posted my dissertation on why Rick would play Cabbage at the 2, instead of just PM'ing it to Hicks last September.

[edit] Plus, if somebody had told me none of the other noms were gonna vote, I could have at least tied for last like last year.

Hicks
05-26-2006, 08:12 AM
Congratulations, Peck!

Unclebuck
05-26-2006, 08:23 AM
I didn't vote because I couldn't decide who to vote for.

ChicagoJ
05-26-2006, 10:31 AM
I didn't vote because I couldn't decide who to vote for.

Ditto. And, I forgot that the poll closed so early this morning. Oops.

Congrats, Peck. I'm always thrilled to just be nominated with this group of bright basketball minds.

317Kim
05-26-2006, 11:57 AM
Congrats, Peck! :yes:

McClintic Sphere
05-26-2006, 12:08 PM
I missed this one, too. Peck was deserving. Unclebuck should be assistant coach in charge of seeing the glass half full. Jay, strangely enough, Pacers-wise, becomes the ultimate dark sider, but that's understandable nowadays.
Kegboy, is to the point and insightful.

Peck
05-30-2006, 07:06 PM
Wow.

I am truely honored by this one guys. Any of the above named posters would have been a great choice.

I've been gone for the past week & then when I got home I found out my house was hit by lightening so I have lost my internet at the house. So hopefully I'll have that up in a couple of days.

Either way, I thank everybody who voted for me.

Shade
05-30-2006, 08:14 PM
Wow.

I am truely honored by this one guys. Any of the above named posters would have been a great choice.

I've been gone for the past week & then when I got home I found out my house was hit by lightening so I have lost my internet at the house. So hopefully I'll have that up in a couple of days.

Yeesh, hit by lightning? I hope there wasn't any major damage.

Will Galen
05-30-2006, 08:51 PM
Wow.

I forgot to vote. None the less it's fitting you won because you're the Reggie Jackson of this site. Congratulations!