PDA

View Full Version : With the Number One pick in the NBA Draft...

Robertmto
05-23-2006, 11:09 PM
I'd like to see the Raptors pick LaMarcus Aldridge with the first pick and then put together a package (Rafael Araujo and 2nd rounder maybe) for a back up point guard. Or even a starter if a team would bite. What do you guys think. Would u be willing to give up Tins or AJ or what do you think overall?

Jermaniac
05-23-2006, 11:12 PM
Tins or AJ for Rafael I dont know what Basketball is Araujo.

This thread gets a F-.

Robertmto
05-23-2006, 11:13 PM
Tins or AJ for Rafael I dont know what Basketball is Araujo.

This thread gets a F-.

I said Araujo and a 2nd rounder. And who do you think would bite then?

Jermaniac
05-23-2006, 11:17 PM
Ohh my bad I didnt see the 2nd rounder. Now I would definetly do it for the 2nd rounder.

No team is going to bite, unless you want Tyrone Lue from the Hawks. No one will ever trade a starting type point for Araujo, the guy is the worst player in the NBA, the Raptors centers suck and he cant get any run.

Kstat
05-23-2006, 11:21 PM
There is a %0.0 chance the Raptors take Aldridge. There's no room for him there.

Robertmto
05-23-2006, 11:23 PM
I don't see the difference between choosing Aldridge and choosing Bargnani - they both take a spot from Villanueva/Bosh.

bulldog
05-23-2006, 11:25 PM
There is a %0.0 chance the Raptors take Aldridge. There's no room for him there.

Umm, why? Charlie V., Bosh, and...Araujo?

Top 5 players play up front (Thomas, Aldrige, Bargnani, Gay, Morrisson), if they keep the pick they have to take a frontcourt guy. The way I see it is they either grab Thomas or sign Jamaal Magloire and trade the pick for some backcourt help.

Kstat
05-23-2006, 11:25 PM
I don't see the difference between choosing Aldridge and choosing Bargnani - they both take a spot from Villanueva/Bosh.

I don't think they'll take either.

I think Rudy Gay will be the #1 pick, or they will trade it.

Top 5 players play up front (Thomas, Aldrige, Bargnani, Gay, Morrisson)

Gay and Morrison are SFs. Neither V or Bosh are natural SFs.

Robertmto
05-23-2006, 11:28 PM
Is the term "gay" slang in Canada? If not then i say Rudy could be the number one pick as well. If it is a slang term than Aldridge is drafted or they trade it.

Robertmto
05-23-2006, 11:29 PM
I don't think they'll take either.

I think Rudy Gay will be the #1 pick, or they will trade it.

Gay and Morrison are SFs. Neither V or Bosh are natural SFs.

Morrison is more of a "forward", college style. Not quick enuff to b a 3, not big enuff to be a 4.

grace
05-23-2006, 11:33 PM
...the Raptors defer to the Bulls.

What? It could happen.
In a parallel universe on the planet Neptune.

Kstat
05-23-2006, 11:36 PM
Morrison is more of a "forward", college style. Not quick enuff to b a 3, not big enuff to be a 4.

He's quick enough to play SF. That's his natural NBA position.

rexnom
05-23-2006, 11:55 PM
Bargnani...he'd be perfect if Colangelo wants a fast, perimeter team that still has some size and can take it inside. He is not nearly as rough as Darko was. And Bargnani can play the 3,4, or 5.

Robertmto
05-24-2006, 12:13 AM
Bargnani...he'd be perfect if Colangelo wants a fast, perimeter team that still has some size and can take it inside. He is not nearly as rough as Darko was. And Bargnani can play the 3,4, or 5.

I LOVE him as a 3. Like him as a 4. HATE him as a 5.

tdubb03
05-24-2006, 12:15 AM
I think the ONLY pick for Toronto is LaMarcus Aldridge.

Sure they've got Bosh and Charlie V, but I think Colangelo could make it work with a pass first PG, which is obviously the complete opposite of Mike James.

Kstat
05-24-2006, 12:15 AM

Colangelo is too smart to draft that cream-puff to play center.

The last thing toronto needs is another charmin-soft 3-point shooting big man.

Robertmto
05-24-2006, 12:18 AM
Colangelo is too smart to draft that cream-puff to play center. The last thing toronto needs is another charmin-soft 3-point shooting big man.

Hahahahaha :finger:

I like Aldridge

rexnom
05-24-2006, 12:24 AM
Colangelo is too smart to draft that cream-puff to play center.

The last thing toronto needs is another charmin-soft 3-point shooting big man.
This is true...if Bargnani fits that description. If Toronto drafts him he alternates the 3 and 4 with Charlie V. It could really work. Then again Nikoloz Tskidvmsdjvcgnvkvbksdnmvhnsvuivilli was supposed to work too...

tdubb03
05-24-2006, 12:27 AM
Pick #17 - Rodney Carney

I can dream.

Kstat
05-24-2006, 12:27 AM
Hahahahaha :finger:

I like Aldridge

Aldridge would be an easy choice for anybody but Toronto, who already has two studs at PF. Bosh or V will be having to play out of position at center as it is.

Toronto needs a SF. They need a swingman that can shut people down and score inside. They have Graham there currently, but he's much better as a 6th man.

Rudy is a near PERFECT choice, considering Toronto's needs.

purdue101
05-24-2006, 12:35 AM
Aldridge would be an easy choice for anybody but Toronto, who already has two studs at PF. Bosh or V will be having to play out of position at center as it is.

Toronto needs a SF. They need a swingman that can shut people down and score inside. They have Graham there currently, but he's much better as a 6th man.

Raps will most likely trade charlie V this offseason for a perimeter player like gordon or maggette. that is one of the hottest rumors coming out of toronto.

i think toronto will either draft aldridge or trade the pick away.

Kstat
05-24-2006, 12:37 AM
Raps will most likely trade charlie V this offseason for a perimeter player like gordon or maggette. that is one of the hottest rumors coming out of toronto.

I just cant see them giving up on a 20-year old big man that's shown that much, so they can draft an equally-young big man that hasnt shown anything in the NBA.

rexnom
05-24-2006, 12:41 AM

I think this draft will speak volumes about which direction they want to go. They said pre-draft that they would trade it, Bargnani is not a bad choice if they want to run and gun, and Gay seems to be the ideal choice talent wise.

Robertmto
05-24-2006, 12:43 AM
Well then maybe they should just trade the pick for a perimeter player. Bonzi in a S&T maybe if Toronto would add a player for the Kings to think about it seriously.

Kstat
05-24-2006, 12:44 AM
Bonzi in a S&T maybe if Toronto would add a player for the Kings to think about it seriously.

:laugh:

The #1 overall pick for Bonzi Wells......wow.

No draft is that weak...

Robertmto
05-24-2006, 12:46 AM
:laugh:

The #1 overall pick for Bonzi Wells......wow.

I said a player would have to be added. I think Bonzi + anothe player from the kings would be good for the #1 overall.

Kstat
05-24-2006, 12:47 AM
I said a player would have to be added. I think Bonzi + anothe player from the kings would be good for the #1 overall.

If Bonzi Wells is the best player in the deal, it's a horrible deal.

They'd have to wait until the end of Bonzi's next contract for him to even play as well as his salary.

Robertmto
05-24-2006, 12:50 AM
They'd have to wait until the end of Bonzi's next contract for him to even play as well as his salary.

I see your point.

CableKC
05-24-2006, 01:47 AM

I thought that one of the needs of the Raptors is to get a Big Man that can play the center spot. Although he isn't the best option there....I can see the Raptors pick Aldridge....he's ready to go and can help them win now.

If not...the only thing other thing I can see them do is trade down to the Bulls for Bargnani+Duhon.

Kstat
05-24-2006, 01:58 AM
I thought that one of the needs of the Raptors is to get a Big Man that can play the center spot. Although he isn't the best option there....I can see the Raptors pick Aldridge....he's ready to go and can help them win now.

You just contradicted yourself.

He isnt an option there period. Theyd bet better off even letting Bosh play center.

If they drafted Aldridge, they'd have to trade V, and I don't see how that's a good idea at all.

Pacersfan46
05-24-2006, 02:00 AM
I just cant see them giving up on a 20-year old big man that's shown that much, so they can draft an equally-young big man that hasnt shown anything in the NBA.

The Bulls did it ...... not saying it worked out well.

I'm just saying it's been done before.

Kstat
05-24-2006, 02:01 AM
The Bulls did it ...... not saying it worked out well.

I'm just saying it's been done before.

Eddy Curry was 23, he had a heart problem, and he was a free agent.

Pacersfan46
05-24-2006, 02:02 AM
Eddy Curry was 23, he had a heart problem, and he was a free agent.

I'm talking about Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler.

Especially seeing as how they ended up with the #2 pick. I'd say that one didn't hurt so bad. :)

Kstat
05-24-2006, 02:05 AM
I'm talking about Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler.

....and after that disaster, a GM would be an idiot for making the same misatke twice.

You dont trade a proven young stud for a kid who you've never seen play in the NBA, on the off-chance he might be better.

That's like trading in a winning $5 million lottery ticket for another lottery ticket that could be $10 million or nothing at all.

Pacersfan46
05-24-2006, 02:06 AM
Like I said, I didn't say it worked. Yet, it's been done before. Don't rule it out completely.

purdue101
05-24-2006, 08:23 AM
toronto does have a ton of expiring contracts......so they could trade that pick and match up salaries with just about any player in the league.

Pig Nash
05-24-2006, 09:39 AM
I expect Toronto to trade the pick, probably for a SG.

Anxiety
05-24-2006, 09:43 AM
I expect Toronto to trade the pick, probably for a SG.

Not a chance in hell. Their pressing needs are true center and a PG. Either they keep the pick and draft one of the two or they trade the pick for one of the two.