PDA

View Full Version : Supporting the Pacers

RWB
05-23-2006, 12:43 PM
On the Pacers blog there have been some letters questioning fan support. In response to this I wonder how many members have shown support this year. Now support can be in several ways so check all that apply.

Gyron
05-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Ack Private Poll! Free Btown!

btowncolt
05-23-2006, 12:55 PM

Ack!

RWB
05-23-2006, 12:58 PM

Yeah I was debating that when setting this up. Didn't think it was as important to know names on this one.

JayRedd
05-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Live in NYC so had no real opportunity to go to a game or spend money inside Conseco (although I considered a pilgrimidge for Reggie Night). My sister bought me a t-shirt for Christmas though if that counts.

RWB
05-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Live in NYC so had no real opportunity to go to a game or spend money inside Conseco (although I considered a pilgrimidge for Reggie Night). My sister bought me a t-shirt for Christmas though if that counts.

Yes it does JayR and that's the point. The Pacers made money from you (ok Sis's money) and I have to believe from every member of this site with the exception of some of PDs visitors.

Just trying to gauge what the Ps face losing if they don't get their act together. Yes, I know it works boths ways (they move the franchise).

JayRedd
05-23-2006, 01:45 PM
Yes it does JayR and that's the point. The Pacers made money from you (ok Sis's money) and I have to believe from every member of this site with the exception of some of PDs visitors.

Just trying to gauge what the Ps face losing if they don't get their act together. Yes, I know it works boths ways (they move the franchise).

I'm just impressed you guys kept showing up to watch that slop. Not sure I'd be very excited to be holding $150 worth of tickets in my pocket and hear "Tonight's starting lineup...Anthony Johnson, Steve Jackson, Fred Jones, Jeff Foster and, The Man in the Middle.....Scoooooooooot Poooollllard."

Anthem
05-23-2006, 02:48 PM
I'm just impressed you guys kept showing up to watch that slop. Not sure I'd be very excited to be holding $150 worth of tickets in my pocket and hear "Tonight's starting lineup...Anthony Johnson, Steve Jackson, Fred Jones, Jeff Foster and, The Man in the Middle.....Scoooooooooot Poooollllard."
Hey, we were winning during that time.

JayRedd
05-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Hey, we were winning during that time.

The horror....is it terrible that I've been excited for the off-season to start for about two months? It feels like Spring Training to me right now. Time to clean house, Larry.

indyblue47
05-23-2006, 03:51 PM
I checked everyone - but - I won't be doing that this year unless some changes are made!:mad:

I got to the point where I couldn't even watch the games on TV. I don't believe I've ever been so mad and upset at any of "my" teams as I was the Pacers this year.

I'm positive I won't let them place me in that predicament again. I can root for any team that puts it on the floor, but not that group. They had no heart!! (I do not want to see Jackson or Tinsley in a Pacer uniform again).:censored:

DisplacedKnick
05-23-2006, 04:01 PM
I did all five!!!!

Does that mean I should enter a program or something? :-o :borg:

Kegboy
05-23-2006, 04:06 PM
I did all five!!!!

Does that mean I should enter a program or something? :-o :borg:

No, but you just disqualified yourself in the current award poll. :loser2:

317Kim
05-23-2006, 04:06 PM
I've done all five. :)

able
05-23-2006, 07:08 PM
that list is incomplete

SycamoreKen
05-23-2006, 07:14 PM
I shop ant Simon Malls, which indirectly supports the team. Can I add that to watching games? The idea of Spurs shopping cards at Simons always made me grin. Do they sell gift cards with Pacers logos on them in Indy?

ABADays
05-23-2006, 08:01 PM
I've attended games - for years. I've bought things - for years. I've watched and listened to games - since the first one ever played. And probably the most sincere indication of support was getting Slingbox so I could watch the games on my computer here in Iraq.

I'm a fan.

Lord Helmet
05-23-2006, 08:10 PM
I checked everyone - but - I won't be doing that this year unless some changes are made!:mad:

I got to the point where I couldn't even watch the games on TV. I don't believe I've ever been so mad and upset at any of "my" teams as I was the Pacers this year.

I'm positive I won't let them place me in that predicament again. I can root for any team that puts it on the floor, but not that group. They had no heart!! (I do not want to see Jackson or Tinsley in a Pacer uniform again).:censored:
I wouldn't question Jack's heart. He's just immature on the court and his shot selection at times is bad.

BTW, I did all five.

JayRedd
05-23-2006, 08:11 PM
I wouldn't question Jack's heart. He's just immature on the court and his shot selection at times is bad.

He also throws a fantastic haymaker.

Will Galen
05-23-2006, 09:03 PM
I bought league pass and that's the only box I checked, but there's a Simon Mall close to me here in Florida that I spend money at. I didn't do it in support of the teams sponsors though. Didn't even think about it.

DisplacedKnick
05-23-2006, 09:52 PM
that list is incomplete

Geez - I guess.

- Flew to US
- Arrived without having means of transport to Indy
- Was sick
- Thumbed (sort of) ride from Cincy
- Was still sick
- Bunked at a PD member's place
- Was still sick
- Went to game
- Went to PD party
- Got back to Heathrow - somehow

Anything I forgot?

grace
05-23-2006, 10:46 PM
I went to two games this year. Didn't pay for either ticket.

I drank water from the drinking fountain for free.

I gave away my Pacers stuff at the last forum party.

I can't shop at Marsh. My dad would disown me.

I did watch games on TV. Well I TiVoed most of them. Thank God for TiVo. You can watch a game in half the time.

Robertmto
05-23-2006, 11:25 PM
I spent money to go to all 3 Wizards games (well went to the pre-season game for free but i still spent money on food.)

Kestas
05-24-2006, 10:15 AM
this is somewhat OT (but somewhat not)..

I found out Google offers a service where you can follow trends of most popular searches on Google (www.google.com/trends (http://www.google.com/trends))

so basically I entered "Indiana Pacers". Tab "Regional" is pretty interesting there (Lithuania leading).

if you'd try to enter the names of other "Lithuanian" NBA clubs (or probably any other NBA clubs), our country would not be featured in the list. that's keeping in mind that we really like NBA (not as much as Euroleague, though). anyways, are we supportive or what? ;)

btw, I didn't realise Philipines are so insane about NBA (and basketball in general)..

btowncolt
05-24-2006, 10:23 AM
I spent my money on 1 Wizard/Pacer game in Washington, and one Pacer/Some Team game in Indy. I didn't buy any concessions in Indy. I did in Washington.

I didn't purchase any clothing, I didn't buy from any sponsors, and I didn't watch or listen to any games.

t1hs0n
05-24-2006, 10:50 AM
My brothers and I always attend games together so...

10 game package x3
4 beers per game x3
Random munchies at the game x3
At least 500$ in gear per year
Used a cupon that fell from the rafters to buy a John Deer mower instead of the Cub Cadet I was going to buy.
Tv/Radio when possible

And I will do the same next year* no matter what chanes they do or don't make with the team.

*duh... I won't need another mower

ABADays
05-24-2006, 12:23 PM
I spent my money on 1 Wizard/Pacer game in Washington, and one Pacer/Some Team game in Indy. I didn't buy any concessions in Indy. I did in Washington.

I didn't purchase any clothing, I didn't buy from any sponsors, and I didn't watch or listen to any games.

Compulsive aren't you!?!

btowncolt
05-24-2006, 12:45 PM
Compulsive aren't you!?!

I told you I quit on sports. I just can't quit on you. :love:

ABADays
05-24-2006, 05:06 PM
I told you I quit on sports. I just can't quit on you. :love:

OMG - puleeeeeeze!!!!! So you traded sports for politics. Is there a doctor out there anywhere?

larry
05-24-2006, 10:59 PM
i did almost all w/ a fresh pacer hat another throwback warmup shirt. a pacer aba authentic. i got tix and ate and got wasted off beer at conseco alot and at the built in conseco bar of mix ups. i watched every game when i wasnt working and tuned in slick and mjb on alot of the games. only thing is i enjoy al and quinn and kellogs rasin bran so i try and spread the annoncer love. playoff time its always pacer radio network. i didnt knowingly buy things from sponsers of the pacers because they sponsor the pacers, but im sure i did not on purpose. i did boycott what turned out to be the final loss to the nets. i never miss home playoff games and i admit it felt great. it was my way of saying get guys that play hard and play hurt or else you will lose a young fan w/ $$$. i cant pay for a gay *** product and injured back talking crybabies. i would support a team that everybody shows up plays, doesnt yap at refs, and plays thru even serious injury. thats what i want. i will be at the games whether or not we are a playoff team. its a crossroads for me and i am so sincere