PDA

View Full Version : The Official Western Conference Finals Thread: #2 Phoenix Suns vs. #4 Dallas Maverick

owl
05-23-2006, 07:11 AM
Does anybody else find this an intruiging matchup? Offense vs offense.
Nash coming back home to play against his former team.
Who will win this series? In any case it will not be Detroit and San Antonio
and that is a reason to rejoice.

As far as who will win I have no idea. I would prefer Dallas but either team
would be fun in the finals.

owl

pizza guy
05-23-2006, 07:28 AM
Well, Dallas probably has a better chance of beating the Pistons in the Finals, and the Heat for that matter. I still don't buy PHX's system as championship-caliber, so, who knows? I wouldn't mind either, though.

Unclebuck
05-23-2006, 08:33 AM
If Dallas plays at the level they did against the Spurs, the Mavs will win this series somewhat easily. Mavs played incredibly well against the Spurs. In fact if the Mavs play this well in the next two series they will win it all.

Of course you never know if they can keep that excellence up

Gyron
05-23-2006, 08:54 AM
That was an excellent game last night. Don't know why but I found myself cheering for the Mavs. And it was a fun game to watch, so damn close in the last quarter.

Slick Pinkham
05-23-2006, 09:02 AM
I almost never cheer for the Western Conference team in the finals, but I can't imagine supporting Detroit or Miami over either Phoenix or Dallas.

It will be good for the league if a new champion with a different style of play is crowned.

Flax
05-23-2006, 09:19 AM
I will also cheer for Dallas or PHO, whoever of them enter finals. The style of trying outscore the oponent, constant ball movement and high tempo is visually so much more attractive compared to suffocating defence type game the Detroit is playing when it is at their best. Hopefully, if Dallas or PHO win it all it would be the final turning point from "defense first, offense as good as it gets" type of the game. The game is gradually changing over last few years and it would be so good to see offensive style succeeding :)

Bball
05-23-2006, 09:20 AM
I've read some "Dirk hate" around these parts, but watching the Mavs vs Spurs series (and especially last night) I don't know how anyone could have much of a problem with Dirk.

Suns vs Mavs could be interesting... I don't consider the Suns a run and gun team at all. When they played us they disected us with passing and movement and we had no answer. Dallas is obviously better than us so I doubt they can disect them so easily, nor will the Mavs roll over and not have anything for them. Unfortunately, I didn't see the Mavs play Phoenix during the season...

-Bball

Leisure Suit Larry
05-23-2006, 10:02 AM
I hope and think Dallas will win it all. How can you hate Dirk? The guy is amazing.

bulletproof
05-23-2006, 10:37 AM
I found myself pulling for the Spurs. What an amazing come back. What an amazingly stupid foul by Ginobili to give Dirk the three-point play to tie. Was hoping the Clippers would beat the Suns, and they would have had they been able to pry Artest away from us for Maggette. They are in desperate need of some perimeter defense. In fact, I think they would have gone to the finals. The Clips are an incredibly well-balanced team.

Tim
05-23-2006, 11:09 AM
I've read some "Dirk hate" around these parts, but watching the Mavs vs Spurs series (and especially last night) I don't know how anyone could have much of a problem with Dirk.

Suns vs Mavs could be interesting... I don't consider the Suns a run and gun team at all. When they played us they disected us with passing and movement and we had no answer. Dallas is obviously better than us so I doubt they can disect them so easily, nor will the Mavs roll over and not have anything for them. Unfortunately, I didn't see the Mavs play Phoenix during the season...

-Bball

If Dirk can keep up that level of play then he is going to the finals. All they have to do is resist getting into a runfest with the Suns.

Jermaniac
05-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Go Mavs

CableKC
05-23-2006, 01:35 PM
I think the difference and edge will go to Dallas....both are capable of theiir "run and gun high-powered" offense....but I think Dallas is far more capable of actually playing some form of defense...at least at home...against the Suns.

My prediction.....Mavs in 6.

317Kim
05-23-2006, 04:09 PM
I really like the matchup but in the end I think it will be D and D. Detroit vs Dallas.

Shade
05-23-2006, 04:19 PM
This thread has been "officialized." ;)

Unfortunately, there wasn't enough room to add the "s" to "Mavericks." :shrug:

I'm going with the Mavs in 6, with the following winners for each game:

Game 1: Dallas
Game 2: Dallas
Game 3: Phoenix
Game 4: Dallas
Game 5: Phoenix
Game 6: Dallas

ABADays
05-23-2006, 04:27 PM
I am pulling for Dallas because of Mark Cuban. I think he has done everything for his players and doesn't accept the NBA status quo.

Moses
05-23-2006, 05:26 PM
I am pulling for Dallas because of Mark Cuban. I think he has done everything for his players and doesn't accept the NBA status quo.
Wow. Someone who likes the Mavs because of Mark Cuban..and here I thought I had seen everything.

VF21
05-23-2006, 05:49 PM
I would root for the Lakers before I would root for anything connected with Mark Cuban. I think it would be nice for Steve Nash to show up his old team. So, GO SUNS!!!

rexnom
05-23-2006, 05:51 PM
Wow. Someone who likes the Mavs because of Mark Cuban..and here I thought I had seen everything.
You think this is rare? I agree with ABA, I like Mark Cuban. He is a breath of fresh air. I am a regular reader of blogmaverick.com and a huge fan of what he has done. Before Cuban the Mavs were nothing. Nothing.

Pacersfan.
05-23-2006, 06:51 PM
I have to admit that I like Mark Cuban too He really loves his team and isn't afraid to show it. You've got to like a multimillionaire who owns a team and cheers for it harder than even it's most loyal fans.

pizza guy
05-23-2006, 08:59 PM
I think Cuban is amazing for the league. Not only did he form one of the NBA's top teams, he has a personality that draws attention to the league. I think it's awesome to see the 'high and mighty' owner sit down there with fans and the team and cheer along with them. VF21, you've got the Maloofs that sit in the crowd and cheer, what's wrong with Cuban? My guess is you'd like him if he was yours.

As far as the WCF, I'm not really sure who I'd like to see win it. I was rooting for the Spurs to beat Dallas, but not because I dislike the Mavs, I just like the Spurs. I think Dallas will probably win, especially if they can maintain the level of play they just showed. Whoever makes it out of the West though, I'll be cheering for in the Finals, I do know that.

bulldog
05-23-2006, 10:27 PM
I'm amazed people get upset about Cuban's tactics. He's never even seen San Antonio's Riverwalk, he's just trying to jump-start a rivalry, and rather transparently at that. Only mistake he's making is that, with Duncan's lack of charisma, Tony being french, Eva being over-exposed, and Manu's flopping, Dallas has a chance to be the good guys, but these comments aren't helping.

VF21
05-24-2006, 03:03 AM
VF21, you've got the Maloofs that sit in the crowd and cheer, what's wrong with Cuban? My guess is you'd like him if he was yours.

Yes, the Maloofs do sit in the crowd and cheer. Which is great. What they don't do is get into arguments with fans, they don't yell obscenities at the officials, they don't disrespect the home team when they travel with the team by celebrating a Kings victory in the middle of the losing team's court.

All those Mark Cuban has done at Arco Arena. I know, because I've seen him do each of them.

Mark Cuban IMHO is loud and obnoxious. The only reason he's allowed in some arenas is because he owns the Mavericks...

And I'm only saying this because I was asked directly.

Anxiety
05-24-2006, 11:46 AM
Yes, the Maloofs do sit in the crowd and cheer. Which is great. What they don't do is get into arguments with fans, they don't yell obscenities at the officials, they don't disrespect the home team when they travel with the team by celebrating a Kings victory in the middle of the losing team's court.

All those Mark Cuban has done at Arco Arena. I know, because I've seen him do each of them.

Mark Cuban IMHO is loud and obnoxious. The only reason he's allowed in some arenas is because he owns the Mavericks...

Sour grapes...

Shade
05-24-2006, 08:12 PM
JO is on TNT via satellite right now.

317Kim
05-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Don't forget Asjia! She's adorable.

Mark Cuban is going to talk next. Oh dear :laugh:

Jermaniac
05-24-2006, 08:18 PM
JAYOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Shade
05-24-2006, 08:19 PM
JO says Dallas over Miami in the Finals. I certainly hope so. It would be nice to have two teams that have never been there before, and have Shaq not win.

rexnom
05-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Diaw...Diaw...Diaw! Diaw!

Fireball Kid
05-24-2006, 10:07 PM
Josh Howard injured his right ankle.

Dallas just gave up 62 points in the first half.

I sort of feel like crying right now............but I still have hope.

larry
05-24-2006, 10:50 PM
i dont care about these wack teams. i guess i'll go 4 the mavs because cuban went to iu. if j. jones comes sick w/ some big shots that would be cool and i may switch into phx mode. i like the east matchup alot better. i told ya rileys back and the heat are stacked, b*tch

Shade
05-24-2006, 11:29 PM
Wow, both road teams steal Game 1. :eek:

Kstat
05-24-2006, 11:35 PM
Avery Johnson should be too smart to try to run with the suns..

Shade
05-24-2006, 11:35 PM
Avery Johnson should be too smart to try to run with the suns..

What, you expect them to win with DEFENSE? :laugh:

Moses
05-24-2006, 11:41 PM

Exactly why I dislike him..because he's loud and obnoxious.

Kstat
05-24-2006, 11:42 PM

ISO-ball is their specialty. They should slow it down and beat them up in the halfcourt.

Shade
05-24-2006, 11:46 PM
ISO-ball is their specialty. They should slow it down and beat them up in the halfcourt.

Too bad Rick Carlisle isn't coaching them... :eyebrow:

Fireball Kid
05-24-2006, 11:50 PM
The defense was terrible. I mean.......what do you want me to say? It sucked. The defense sucked. It was just god awful. The defense stinkes. It stinked. We didnt deserve to win this game with the way we played defense. I'm just gettin pissed at this very moment thinking about how horrible the Dallas defense was. They should be ashamed of themselves with the lack of defense they forced tonight.

Yeah, we had a better chance with Josh Howard, but damn, 120 flippin points?

Kstat
05-24-2006, 11:53 PM
the morale of the story: dont run with the suns

BoomBaby31
05-25-2006, 01:48 AM
Mavs all the way!!! I loathe the rest of the teams

VF21
05-25-2006, 03:00 AM
It must really suck to be Mark Cuban's neighbor tonight...

I love it!!!

http://www.techhelpers.net/e4u/animal/460.gif

rexnom
05-25-2006, 06:20 AM
Why is that SO funny? Dallas is not a horrible defensive team. They came out with a good defensive plan...same as SA last year, give Phoenix the inside, deny the three. It worked OK for about 45 minutes when they were up by nine. Then they gave Nash two wide-open threes, which he nailed. That brought them back. Judging by Avery's post-game reactions I am certain he is not pleased at all with their defensive effort.

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-25-2006, 06:55 AM
Go Suns! Is Raja gonna be OK? Hope so. Here's hopin' the Suns take the Heat in the Finals...

Unclebuck
05-25-2006, 08:45 AM
People say, "you can't run with the Suns" Well someone please tell me how you slow them down. I haven't seen anyone do it this season. The key is not whether you slow them down or not (do you want the Mavs to just walk it up every time), no the key is how you defend the Suns pick and rolls. Last night the Mavs stayed with three point shooters, and they switched a lot, that gave the Suns a lot of inside shots for Diaw and Marion. (that is the same basic strategy the Spurs used in last years WCF, by the way.

I think the Mavs will still win this series, as Doug Collins was saying last night it takes almost a full game to get used to the Suns.

Fool
05-25-2006, 09:32 AM
People say, "you can't run with the Suns" Well someone please tell me how you slow them down. I haven't seen anyone do it this season. The key is not whether you slow them down or not (do you want the Mavs to just walk it up every time), no the key is how you defend the Suns pick and rolls. Last night the Mavs stayed with three point shooters, and they switched a lot, that gave the Suns a lot of inside shots for Diaw and Marion. (that is the same basic strategy the Spurs used in last years WCF, by the way.

I disagree.

Certainly the Clippers didn't try to slow the Suns down but the only way the Lakers were successful against the Suns (and they were almost successful enough to win the series) was by slowing them down. 90 point games, even the game that went to OT didn't get into the 100s. It does have to do with the pick-n-rolls but IMO its going under them, and staying home on the rest of the team. Sure Nash is going to score bucket loads but you keep him away from the paint as much as you can, make him take jumpers (which he certainly can make), and you take away his play making as much as possible. Pretty much choke the offense off at its only bottle neck. The Suns thrive on confidence, when the supporting cast doesn't get easy buckets they lose that confidence and become less of a threat (making them create their own shot is basically the game plan).

Dallas just beat the defending champs by making them go small. The Suns made Kwame Brown look legit for a couple games. Dampier is certainly better than Brown, Avery used him only 16 minutes and Diop got a DNP. Typically they use these guys as defensive options but with the Suns so small you tell them to let cutters get layups if they are out of position and you use those bigs as offensive options and focus on boxing out for second chance points when they don't take the shot. I wouldn't let my players take a shot unless the big guy in the middle was set (the Mavs are certainly good enough individually to still make enough shots in that type of situation). This style will create a worse shooting percentage so those offensive boards, which the Suns wil give up if you focus on them, will be important offensively and keep the Suns playing defense, thus helping "slow them down" (and with the foward size of the Mavs they could bet 20+ any night even at this tempo).

The Suns beat the Lakers without their typical fast break point production. They won't be able to beat the Mavs without it.

themind
05-25-2006, 09:34 AM

I think the Mavs will still win this series, as Doug Collins was saying last night it takes almost a full game to get used to the Suns.

I agree completely. Suns are missing something (a nice big, consistency..?)... Dallas seems to have everything it takes :)

owl
05-25-2006, 09:38 AM

I would have to agree with you. Be a fan, but have some class.
I am thankful for the Simons.

owl
05-25-2006, 09:41 AM

I have to agree with this. In a run and gun the Mavericks will lose the series.
They need to half-court it and run when opportunity arises.
Dallas no longer has Steve Nash, Phoenix does. He is the engine that
makes run and gun work.

bulletproof
05-25-2006, 10:34 AM
People say, "you can't run with the Suns" Well someone please tell me how you slow them down. I haven't seen anyone do it this season.

That's why I think had the Clippers been able to get Ron they would have made it to the finals.

CableKC
05-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Nowadays.......Home Court advantage isn't all that its cracked up to be given the level of talent that are playing now. I'm not surprised that the Suns pulled out a win on the road...and won't be surprised when the Mavs do the same thing in Game 4.

I still think that the Mavs will win in 6.

JayRedd
05-25-2006, 02:17 PM
Josh Howard injured his right ankle.

This is gonna be HUUUUGE if he has to miss anytime or isn't 100% for Game 2...Howard means a lot to this team. Does all the intangibles and is their best overall defender.

Also....Am I the only one that saw Boris Diaw walk all over the paint on that last play last night. The dude dragged his pivot foot all over the place. It was really pretty bad. Not sure why I haven't seen anything else about this. Check the replay.

rexnom
05-25-2006, 03:30 PM
This is gonna be HUUUUGE if he has to miss anytime or isn't 100% for Game 2...Howard means a lot to this team. Does all the intangibles and is their best overall defender.

Also....Am I the only one that saw Boris Diaw walk all over the paint on that last play last night. The dude dragged his pivot foot all over the place. It was really pretty bad. Not sure why I haven't seen anything else about this. Check the replay.
On your first point, agree whole-heartedly. Josh is big for them. About the walk....yeeeahhhhh, you're probably right. But I don't think they can call that on the last possession of the game. I don't think an official wants that on him. Additionally, it spoils the end of the game. All of that mixed with the fact that the NBA is pretty lenient with traveling these days (see LeBron) and that's a routine no-call. Has there ever been a walk call at a crucial point in a big playoff game? Ever?

JayRedd
05-25-2006, 04:00 PM
On your first point, agree whole-heartedly. Josh is big for them. About the walk....yeeeahhhhh, you're probably right. But I don't think they can call that on the last possession of the game. I don't think an official wants that on him. Additionally, it spoils the end of the game. All of that mixed with the fact that the NBA is pretty lenient with traveling these days (see LeBron) and that's a routine no-call. Has there ever been a walk call at a crucial point in a big playoff game? Ever?

Didn't they whistle Ewing once against us when he took 15 steps across the lane? No wait....that was just me screaming at the TV constantly.

I know traveling is rarely called nowadays, but this was a bad one. I don't expect a guy that takes 3 steps to get called anymore. Or when people start their move to the hoop before they put the ball on the floor.

But Diaw made a move into the paint, faked, turned around, faked again and then shot that little jump shot. He picked up his dribble as he made the first turn into the paint. Well, At the time, his pivot foot was well inside the lane and by the time he got down faking and turning, he was standing on the outer half of the lowest block. Without exageration, he drags the foot about 2 feet during the move. There really is no way to not see that as a ref who's standing right there. You've gotta make the call.

I'm not a fan of either team, but watch the clip again. It was horrible.

themind
05-25-2006, 05:22 PM
In Europe the saying that "The ball is round and anything can happen" is very popular.
I hate it that some superstars can feel really safe in playoffs making mistake after mistake...
It steals the pleasure of rooting from me... :(

Unclebuck
05-25-2006, 05:37 PM
NBA TV ratings are way up this year. 25% acorss the board

At TNT, they recorded their second-highest first-round ratings in 21 years.

Fireball Kid
05-26-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm gonna pull my freakin hair off. Games like these drives me nuts.

Shade
05-26-2006, 11:15 PM
I'm gonna pull my freakin hair off. Games like these drives me nuts.

It looks like Dallas is going to pull it out. It would suck *** to go back to Phoenix down 0-2.

Fireball Kid
05-26-2006, 11:16 PM
Yes, yes it would.

Fireball Kid
05-26-2006, 11:25 PM
Well what do you know? We play a little defense down the stretch and we win the ballgame. Great game by Josh Howard. Dallas needs to drive it to the basket more often and not settle for those jump shots.

Lord Helmet
05-26-2006, 11:48 PM
Mavs won! Sweet.

Will Galen
05-27-2006, 12:09 AM
Interesting stat line for former Pacer James Jones in tonights game. Three points, three rebounds, and six blocked shots.

Jermaniac
05-27-2006, 12:37 AM
DAMN JJ 6 blocks

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-27-2006, 03:58 AM
Yeah, good ole JJ had some nice swats out there!

Unclebuck
05-27-2006, 07:39 AM
JJ was always a nice shotblocker, that was the first thing I noticed about him when I watched him play on the Pacers summer league team

Robertmto
05-27-2006, 04:13 PM
JJ was always a nice shotblocker, that was the first thing I noticed about him when I watched him play on the Pacers summer league team

So is it Steve Nash making JJ better offensively or was it Care's system holding him back totally?

Unclebuck
05-27-2006, 09:23 PM
So is it Steve Nash making JJ better offensively or was it Care's system holding him back totally?

Well he gets a lot of wide open shots, but he really has playec very little in these playoffs. So I'll repeat what I always say when someone says we should have kept JJ, no, it isn't like we gave up on Diaw or anything. The Hawks have to be kicking themselves

Fireball Kid
05-28-2006, 10:26 PM
Could our offense possibly stink any worser tonight?

317Kim
05-28-2006, 10:28 PM
It's 72-68 in favor of the Mavs after the third quarter.

Atleast the Mavs have gotten the lead, they were down 10 not to long ago.

Fireball Kid
05-28-2006, 11:08 PM
As bad as Dallas offense was, I was very happy about the defense tonight. I just wish they would drive to the basket more and stop settling for those silly jump shots against a PHX team that has weak interior defense.

Lord Helmet
05-29-2006, 02:43 AM
Go Mavs!

317Kim
05-29-2006, 09:19 AM
Mavs lead series 2-1. :D

Dirk was beastin it. 28 and 17.

VF21
05-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Phoenix needs this one.

Come on, Suns. Do it for Sir Charles.

;)

Shade
05-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Barkley: "I want to kill [Michael Jordan] more than anyone in the world." :laugh:

VF21
05-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Raja Bell playing... now that's my kind of basketball player.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/Vladefan21/Miscellaneous/bknight3.jpg

Shade
05-30-2006, 10:52 PM
It's starting to look like this thing'll be all tied up at 2 a piece.

79 points for Phoenix after 3 quarters. So much for Dallas' improved defense. :rollout:

Shade
05-30-2006, 11:01 PM
Aaaaand...the rout is on.

VF21
05-30-2006, 11:11 PM
Boris Diaw is ... in a word ... impressive.

Shade
05-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Boris Diaw is ... in a word ... impressive.

The irony is, he's exactly the kind of player the Hawks need right now.

Shade
05-30-2006, 11:13 PM
Holy blowout, Batman!

94-71 with 6 minutes left :eek:

VF21
05-30-2006, 11:19 PM
The irony is, he's exactly the kind of player the Hawks need right now.

But one could well argue that he never would have reached his full potential with Atlanta.

Shade
05-30-2006, 11:21 PM
But one could well argue that he never would have reached his full potential with Atlanta.

Very true.

At least JJ has played pretty well for them, so it makes it a bit less painful.

VF21
05-30-2006, 11:21 PM
I have to wonder what Mark Cuban's excuse for this game will be...

Sunspots?

Uneven seats on the Mavericks bench?

Alien lifeforms taking over his team and not playing up to potential?

Ah, the possibilities...

;)

Fireball Kid
05-30-2006, 11:31 PM
I'm.............a little pissed.

Sometimes, our offense can really stink up the place. This was one of those times. And don't get me started on the defense.

Pacersfan.
05-31-2006, 12:13 AM
Anyone see the Craig Sager Vegas piece? I think he thought he was about 25 years younger....it was just embarrassing,very entertaining, but embarrassing. And WOW on the underwear part.

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-31-2006, 04:12 AM
That was nice to see for the Suns. Good for them. I think they needed that in order to have a chance at taking this series. Raja was a difference maker out there - no doubt they need him to play.

Big Smooth
05-31-2006, 05:54 AM

Sunspots?

Ah, the possibilities...

;)

I would love for Cuban to own any of my favorite teams. Dallas was a freaking wreck when he took over the team, now they are 2 wins from the NBA Finals and could very well win it all.

To me, Cuban is the anti-Daniel Snyder. Spends the money and acts life a fan but does so more wisely. Snyder doesn't act quite the fool at the games but he acts more the fool in spending.

317Kim
05-31-2006, 08:53 AM
Dang. I was still rootin' for the Mavs to win. Suns really used the second half to their advantage.

Final Score:
Suns 106
Mavs 86
Series tied 2-2

Anxiety
05-31-2006, 01:20 PM
I would love for Cuban to own any of my favorite teams. Dallas was a freaking wreck when he took over the team, now they are 2 wins from the NBA Finals and could very well win it all.

To me, Cuban is the anti-Daniel Snyder. Spends the money and acts life a fan but does so more wisely. Snyder doesn't act quite the fool at the games but he acts more the fool in spending.

Same here, I am not sure what the VF21's beef with him is. He is sure better then Maloofs who let go of their 700+ wins and 8 straight play-off appearances coach just so they can hire an unproven WNBA coach. :crazy:

efx
05-31-2006, 02:10 PM

Sunspots?

Ah, the possibilities...

;)

He'll blame the refs as always.

VF21
06-01-2006, 12:24 AM
Same here, I am not sure what the VF21's beef with him is. He is sure better then Maloofs who let go of their 700+ wins and 8 straight play-off appearances coach just so they can hire an unproven WNBA coach. :crazy:

I'm not real happy with the Maloofs, either, so that's not really much of a comparsion. (Gold lamé uniforms? Saluting the fans with an embarrassing gold statue of a #6 outside Arco they said was their way to honor us, the sixth man, the fans? Nice, until you look up close and see the "BUDWEISER" emblem on it. Decide to can the best coach in the history of the franchise and replace him with a long-time family friend whose credentials are only slightly better than my own? Yeah, I'm real happy with the Maloofs.) I love my team in spite of the owners.

But, I digress - Mark Cuban is a pompous, arrogant bag of wind. I have been at three different games in Arco with him in attendance. EVERY single time he has been obnoxious and taunting to Kings fans. He and the Mavericks actually danced on our court in celebration after winning a regular season game.

Sorry, but I guess I'm old-fashioned. I'd like to see owners show a little more respect when they're in the other team's house.

If he a good owner? Maybe - if you're a Dallas fan.

Fireball Kid
06-01-2006, 12:47 AM
Mark Cuban doesn't bother me that much. I think he is just a passionate owner that wants to see his team win.

Anxiety
06-01-2006, 09:35 AM
Saluting the fans with an embarrassing gold statue of a #6 outside Arco they said was their way to honor us, the sixth man, the fans? Nice, until you look up close and see the "BUDWEISER" emblem on it.

LOL, did not know about that one

Robertmto
06-01-2006, 02:31 PM
How big was the emblem?

VF21
06-01-2006, 06:03 PM
How big is the emblem? Big enough to see clearly... And it's engraved into the numeral. It's obvious Budweiser wanted to make sure they received credit...for something. Like paying for the stupid thing, perhaps?

Dude, it's a traveshamockery... The pigeons won't even go near it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/Vladefan21/Miscellaneous/The6.jpg

Anxiety
06-01-2006, 07:08 PM
LOL thanks for the pic

Robertmto
06-01-2006, 09:00 PM
WOW!

Jermaniac
06-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Another very good game in this series. Josh Howard is a G, I wish we got him for Ron.

gilpdawg
06-01-2006, 11:07 PM
Dirk is the best player in the world right now. Unstoppable.

Jermaniac
06-01-2006, 11:13 PM
I would let my girl cheat on me with Josh Howard

Fireball Kid
06-01-2006, 11:19 PM
Dirk is God.

Fireball Kid
06-01-2006, 11:31 PM
I have a gut feeling that we're gonna finish this thing in Phoenix on Saturday.

Shade
06-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Did you see the guy waving the anti-Barkley sign behind the TNT crew after the game?

"Push Barkley back into the ocean."

"Barkley, don't eat Kenny Smith."

:laugh:

Robertmto
06-02-2006, 01:43 AM
Did you see the guy waving the anti-Barkley sign behind the TNT crew after the game?

"Barkley, don't eat Kenny Smith."

Teenagers nowadays...

317Kim
06-02-2006, 08:38 AM
I would let my girl cheat on me with Josh Howard

Dirk definetly proved that Game 4 was one of those off nights because he did some mighty things last night.

:drool: 50 points, 12 boards, made 5/6 threes, and 17/18 FTs.

Slick Pinkham
06-02-2006, 08:50 AM
We are all Nowitz-nesses.

Amazing.

Fool
06-02-2006, 09:48 AM

That's great.

Robertmto
06-03-2006, 02:29 AM
I'm A Nowitzness!

rexnom
06-03-2006, 08:35 PM
Bavetta's reffing...good luck stopping the Suns now. Ol' Dickie will call every hand check and no moving pick.

EDIT: Dick needs to give Bernie a good talking to.

There he is!

Shade
06-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Less than 2 minutes in and Bell already has a technical. :laugh:

Shade
06-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Terry with 2 fouls already.

You gotta love Bavetta. :rolleyes:

Shade
06-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Only Marv Albert can make an 8-3 game seem exciting. :laugh:

rexnom
06-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Good to know Bob Delaney is ready...I predict Dick has him whacked by the end of the first quarter.

EDIT: Wow. I think Dick Bavetta is the most consistent playoff performer this side of Dirk Nowitzki this post-season.

Shade
06-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Well, the refs have decided they want to be center-stage tonight.

I hate NBA refs.

Shade
06-03-2006, 08:53 PM
My Lord, Keith Van Horn sucks.

Cro > KVH

Shade
06-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Both of Dallas' PGs are on the bench with 2 fouls. :crazy2:

rexnom
06-03-2006, 08:54 PM
My lord, Adrian Griffin sucks.

Michael Curry > Griffin

Shade
06-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Anybody who thinks NBA refs can't control a game...I hope they're watching this mockery right now. I don't even really care who wins and I'm pissed.

Shade
06-03-2006, 08:55 PM
My lord, Adrian Griffin sucks.

Michael Curry > Griffin

:lol:

rexnom
06-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Guys, don't forget, the Closer. June 12th. TNT. We know drama.

Lord Helmet
06-03-2006, 09:05 PM
Fire all NBA refs.

3ballinhoop
06-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Oh god, that was not a foul. They are taking Terry out on purpose. Game 7, here we come.

rexnom
Fire all NBA refs.
What? Moving pick? Dick?! Your boys Bernie and Bob are going nuts. Please take care of business.

There you go. Three on Terry. Classic Dick. I knew he'd be back. B & B, learn from the master.

Shade
Guys, don't forget, the Closer. June 12th. TNT. We know drama.

Do they also know redundancy?

Shade
06-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Bavetta and co. are absolutely bending Dallas over backwards. This is disgusting.

Lord Helmet
06-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Bavetta and co. are absolutely bending Dallas over backwards. This is disgusting.
It's how the NBA works and I'm sick of it. Remember game two vs NJ? Violet Palmer. :rolleyes:

rexnom
06-03-2006, 09:13 PM
I nominate this as Bavetta performance of the year. Ahead of the all the Heat games this post-season. I know, it's hard to believe but I really think he has been essential tonight.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I really don't like the guy that says "I propose the you poke, you own it man-law." I love the rest of the guys but that guy just gets on my nerves. Sorry. Had to get that out there...also, the Closer will be COMMERCIAL FREE. That's all.

Shade
06-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Terry and Harris each with 3 fouls with over 6 minutes still in the second quarter.

Shade
06-03-2006, 09:23 PM
EDIT: Just wanted to add that I really don't like the guy that says "I propose the you poke, you own it man-law." I love the rest of the guys but that guy just gets on my nerves. Sorry. Had to get that out there...also, the Closer will be COMMERCIAL FREE. That's all.

LOL, ditto. I think it's his annoying voice.

Shade
06-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Oh ***** guys, did you hear that the Closer is premiering on TNT June 12th?! :happydanc

rexnom
06-03-2006, 09:33 PM
Oh ***** guys, did you hear that the Closer is premiering on TNT June 12th?! :happydanc
Yeah but don't miss the series premiere of the TNT original series Saved.

Shade
06-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Man, second airball Dirk has hoisted tonight. Yeesh.

Shade
06-03-2006, 09:38 PM
Now the Suns have 3 players with 3 fouls each.

Note to Bavetta; these teams don't play defense well enough to have that many fouls.

Shade
06-03-2006, 09:39 PM
On Stackhouse being called for palming:

"You see Iverson do that 2000 times."

Shade
06-03-2006, 09:40 PM
This game is flowing exactly how the refs dictate. This is absolutely sickening. This is quickly turning into the WWE.

Shade
06-03-2006, 09:41 PM
Phoenix leads 51-39 at the half. Looks like another Game 7 may be on the horizon. I can't imagine why the NBA would want that. :rolleyes:

rexnom
06-03-2006, 09:42 PM
On Stackhouse being called for palming:

"You see Iverson do that 2000 times."

Wow, wonder why I'm fairly sure AI has never been called for that. Palming? Geez.

Now the Suns have 3 players with 3 fouls each.

Note to Bavetta; these teams don't play defense well enough to have that many fouls.
Don't worry. If Dick let's this future game 7 slip away from him, I will gladly eat my own hand.

EDIT: Since when has the "food A is good, food B is good, let's combine them" idea worked? Pizza-fajita? No thanks. Papa John's should have stopped at the cheeseburger-pizza.

Shade
06-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Barkley on the officiating:

"They're doing a terrible job... You can't call every little WNBA foul."

:amen:

rexnom
06-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Chuck: "...you can't call every little WNBA foul..."

Classic. Meanwhile EJ is trying to come up with excuses...love it.

EDIT: Shade...you beat me to it!

Shade
06-03-2006, 09:51 PM
EDIT: Since when has the "food A is good, food B is good, let's combine them" idea worked? Pizza-fajita? No thanks. Papa John's should have stopped at the cheeseburger-pizza.

I think I'm the only person on the planet who actually liked the steak pizza from (I believe) Pizza Hut several years ago. :drool:

rexnom
06-03-2006, 09:53 PM
I think I'm the only person on the planet who actually liked the steak pizza from (I believe) Pizza Hut several years ago. :drool:
Oh, that was you? Heard there was someone out there.

EDIT: Last home game of a conference final and the best half time show you can get is dancing midgets? Wow. They really are having cap problems.

Shade
06-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Oh, that was you? Heard there was someone out there.

EDIT: Last home game of a conference final and the best half time show you can get is dancing midgets? Wow. They really are having cap problems.

And what, pray tell, is BETTER than dancing midgets? :dancers:

Well, other than this: :dancingba

Shade
06-03-2006, 10:28 PM
The refs just overruled the shotclock operator. Don't think I've ever seen that one before.

We have a game. 66-62 heading into the 4th.

Shade
06-03-2006, 10:38 PM
We have a tied game. Phoenix's 18-point lead is no more.

3ballinhoop
06-03-2006, 10:38 PM
Apparently the refs didn't want to be part of cheating Phoenix officials. That's just really bad style by the Suns operators.

Shade
06-03-2006, 10:41 PM
Dallas leads! :eek:

Fireball Kid
06-03-2006, 10:48 PM
I dont know what Avery said in that locker room, but damn it has woken us up!

Shade
06-03-2006, 10:51 PM
Jerry Stackhouse has taken over.

That's right. JERRY STACKHOUSE.

Fireball Kid
06-03-2006, 10:52 PM
We gotta hold this together!

Shade
06-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Good Lord, that should be a flagrant on Barbosa.

Shade
06-03-2006, 10:54 PM
It looks like Dallas is going to end this tonight. Incredible comeback. 26-point swing so far.

Fireball Kid
06-03-2006, 10:55 PM
3 minutes left. This is it. This is what we've been fighting for all season long. Come on, Dallas. Hold it together!

3ballinhoop
06-03-2006, 10:58 PM
Würzburg, Dirk's hometown city, represented by 3ball at 5 in the morning. This is awsome. I'm waiting for Tim "fugazy lady" Thomas to show his goods. Boo.

317Kim
06-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Amazing comeback from the Mavs. :D

317Kim
06-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Mavs up 8 with a little more than 1 minute to go.

Lord Helmet
06-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Looks like Dallas is going to their first ever Finals. Congrats, Fireball Kid! Give it up to the :mavericks, folks.

Once again I'm jealous. I want to experience this, damnit.

Shade
06-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Looks like Dallas is going to their first ever Finals. Congrats, Fireball Kid! Give it up to the :mavericks, folks.

Once again I'm jealous. I want to experience this, damnit.

Where were you in 2000? ;)

Shade
06-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Congrats, Fireball Kid. Now take care of business and take out the Heat! ;)

317Kim
06-03-2006, 11:16 PM
Yes, Congrats to you and the Mavs.

The Final is 102-93 Mavs.

Fireball Kid
06-03-2006, 11:17 PM
:pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :champagne :champagne :champagne :champagne :champagne :champagne :champagne :champagne :champagne :champagne :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks

:mavericks

4 to go.

Lord Helmet
06-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Where were you in 2000? ;)
I was 10 years old, and I was a fan, but I wasn't "diehard".

Now I am emotionally-invested in the Pacers and Colts. I have been a "diehard" Pacers fan for about 5-6 years and "diehard" Colts fan for about 3 or 4 years.

VF21
06-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Fireball Kid - Congratulations to you and your team. Your owner is still a jerk.

;)

Lord Helmet
06-03-2006, 11:19 PM
I love Cuban.

317Kim
06-03-2006, 11:20 PM
I was 10 years old, and I was a fan, but I wasn't "diehard".

Now I am emotionally-invested in the Pacers and Colts. I have been a "diehard" Pacers fan for about 5-6 years and "diehard" Colts fan for about 3 or 4 years.

I can relate to that. I was disappointed, sad, and heartbroken but that was from a fan point of view, not a FANatics. :D

Lord Helmet
06-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Würzburg, Dirk's hometown city, represented by 3ball at 5 in the morning. This is awsome. I'm waiting for Tim "fugazy lady" Thomas to show his goods. Boo.
Dirk ist sehr, sehr prima!

Young
06-04-2006, 01:17 AM
I love Cuban.

Same here.

If I was the owner of an NBA team, that is how I would want to be, very hands on. I love his passion that he shows for his team. That is just awesome. He seems more like a fan than an owner, he is very energetic. I wish more owners were like him.

Lord Helmet
06-04-2006, 01:29 AM
Same here.

If I was the owner of an NBA team, that is how I would want to be, very hands on. I love his passion that he shows for his team. That is just awesome. He seems more like a fan than an owner, he is very energetic. I wish more owners were like him.
Yep.

Ara
06-04-2006, 12:22 PM
:pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :champagne :champagne :champagne :champagne :champagne :champagne :champagne :champagne :champagne :champagne :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks

:mavericks

4 to go.

I agree :D

317Kim
06-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Kind of late, but back when I wasn't a diehard fan, I thought Cuban was annoying but right now, I think he's really dedicated to his team and it's pretty cool.