PDA

View Full Version : Deafening Silence

able
05-22-2006, 10:13 AM
The deafening silence from CFH offices is intruiging, to say the least.

It was made abundantly clear in the various communications that Rick Carlisle was to have talks with management in the past week, and many here have speculated on the outcome of those talks.

Now does anyone (Mark Boyle? office staff?) know whether this talk was cancelled, postponed or ended in fisticuffs so they can not be discussed? Or that the silence is a prelude to the message that Rick is leaving?

The latter seems more then likely with this silence, since it gives time for the talks to extend to buy-out etc. or is Rick given a period in which to think about his own functioning and that of his assistants?

If everything was as clear cut and dry as LB made it sound when he said that Rick was here to stay then why not release a statement stating such?

As I said, intruiging to say the least.

Anthem
05-22-2006, 10:33 AM
I think the Pacers are usually quiet until the playoffs end. The papers don't hit them up for stories because they've got all summer to fill, and right now they're still reporting on the playoffs.

I wouldn't draw any conclusions yet, but I may be wrong.

Bball
05-22-2006, 10:49 AM
The local media also has the Indy 500 on their plate right now.

-Bball

Ragnar
05-22-2006, 10:50 AM

-Bball

Are they reporting on the travesty that is "bump day"

indygeezer
05-22-2006, 11:12 AM
They may also feel ZERO need to say anything. LB has already said that RC is the coach. Assuming that to be true then any other discussions (ie asst coach status) would rightfully be kept internal. Now, if that situation changes I'm certain it will be announced. Otherwise, I wouldn't assign anything sinister to the silence.

Kegboy
05-22-2006, 11:24 AM
They may also feel ZERO need to say anything. LB has already said that RC is the coach. Assuming that to be true then any other discussions (ie asst coach status) would rightfully be kept internal. Now, if that situation changes I'm certain it will be announced. Otherwise, I wouldn't assign anything sinister to the silence.

Agreed.

Nothing to see here. /OfficerBarbrady

grace
05-22-2006, 01:42 PM
For all the PS&E lurkers out there: It's Monday, May 22 @ 1:42 PM, do YOU know where Larry Bird is?

Unclebuck
05-22-2006, 11:20 PM
Bob Kravitz was on WIBC tonight. I didn't hear all of it.

But he doesn't know if the meeting betwen Rick and TPTB has taken place yet. He wouldn't be surprised to see a press conference soon announcing Rick and the Pacers are parting ways. But he doesn't know.

Everything else was more of the same. Kevin Lee was very strong in his comments about how the Pacers quit on Rick. He's said that before, but tonight he was more matter of fact about it, like there was no doubt

Evan_The_Dude
05-22-2006, 11:31 PM
It's gettin juicy

pacerwaala
05-22-2006, 11:56 PM

-Bball

Oh! Those good old days - mid 90s! when the Indy 500 was sandwiched by two eastern conference finals games!

Hicks
05-23-2006, 12:03 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. If this were a month from now, I'd be more interested.

Kegboy
05-23-2006, 12:05 AM
Bob Kravitz was on WIBC tonight. I didn't hear all of it.

But he doesn't know if the meeting betwen Rick and TPTB has taken place yet. He wouldn't be surprised to see a press conference soon announcing Rick and the Pacers are parting ways. But he doesn't know.

Everything else was more of the same. Kevin Lee was very strong in his comments about how the Pacers quit on Rick. He's said that before, but tonight he was more matter of fact about it, like there was no doubt

Boy, I bet that was a great conversation -

Kevin: So Bob, what do you think's gonna happen with Rick Carlisle?

:kravitz:: Who?

Kevin: Rick Carlisle. You know, the Pacers coach.

:kravitz:: Oh, yeah, uh, him. I haven't heard anything. Let me check something. (sound of typing in the background) (mumbles) Throw Rick under bus bandwagon? Hmm. Uh, yeah, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he's gone soon.

Kevin: Okay, you heard it here first. We'll be back after the break.

:kravitz:: Hey, Kev, how do you expect me to know that guy's name?

Kevin: Sorry Bob. To be honest, I didn't know his name until he kept standing in my way at games. He gives me a great excuse when callers ask me questions about game action. I use it all the time.