PDA

View Full Version : The Stephen Jackson Academy

Leisure Suit Larry
05-18-2006, 04:00 PM
What a good guy. Why does everyone hate him?

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060518/SPORTS04/605180512

Isaac
05-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Good for Jack. Its really too bad it didn't work out for him here. I wish the fans would look at the positives Jack brings instead of the negatives.

Without Jack, this season would have been so much more painful for all of us.

81 games played is all I have to say.

beast23
05-18-2006, 04:06 PM
I've said all along that I'd probably like Jackson very much if I met him.

From everything I've read and seen, Jackson has much more character off the court than he has on the court.

As a player, he does things that just get under my skin. If he could just keep his mouth shut and play the game, that would go a long way in regaining respect from the fans.

Isaac
05-18-2006, 04:09 PM
I've said all along that I'd probably like Jackson very much if I met him.

I actually have met Jack a couple of times, in Chicago I was able to have a couple of short conversations with him, and he seemed very honestly greatfull that I was a Pacers fan that had a lot of support for him and saw all of his positives and good things that he brings to the table. I think him getting booed, and hearing the things a lot of fans say about him bothers him a lot more then he lets on to.

Putnam
05-18-2006, 04:13 PM

12 technical fouls (4th in the whole NBA) is all I have to say. Joey Graham played in 80 games for Toronto this year and didn't have any techs. Vern Fleming never had one his whole career.

ChicagoJ
05-18-2006, 04:31 PM
I think him getting booed, and hearing the things a lot of fans say about him bothers him a lot more then he lets on to.

Then its too bad he's entirely missed the point (and that his coach has given him a free ride to do the things that Indiana fans just don't have much patience for).

He's the only one that can make the fans stop booing. All he's got to do is stop doing the things that make them boo. Like missing defensive plays because he's griping at the refs. Like his horrible shot selection - especially early in the shot clock. Like his tendency to turn the ball over every time he puts in on the floor. Like his visible disrespect for his coaches and teammates.

And I've just got to know if this new school will have uniforms? Probably a red Pacers Jackson #1 uniform, because we know the "Bloods" don't wear blue. :rolleyes:

ajbry
05-18-2006, 04:32 PM
That's a great gesture by Jack.

Natston
05-18-2006, 04:32 PM
12 technical fouls (4th in the whole NBA) is all I have to say. Joey Graham played in 80 games for Toronto this year and didn't have any techs. Vern Fleming never had one his whole career.

81 games in a season for a Pacer is almost on the Cal Ripken Jr. level...

Moses
05-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Jack is a great role player. But unless he wants to come off the bench for us, he has no place on this team.

Isaac
05-18-2006, 05:47 PM

Reggie got plenty of techs in his day, I don't see people complaining about him.

No doubt Jack makes mistakes, he does take some bad shots, and he does ***** to the refs too much. He's a very emotional player, but when he has those two things under control (which he did more often later in the season) he's an excellent commodity. He is not afraid to take big shots, all he cares about is winning games, and he will do anything to do so.

Jay, taking shots at Jack for his former gangbanging is low too. When you grow up in poverty, sometimes selling drugs and gangbanging is the only way to survive. At least he found basketball, and made something of himself. It would be a HELL of a lot easier for him to still be on the block selling drugs. He wasn't a high school player that landed a spot on a roster right away either, he's worked for what he's got.

Stryder
05-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Haha.

Nice move by Jackson, but geeze, why call it the Stephen Jackson Academy? How about some humility?

ChicagoJ
05-18-2006, 06:56 PM
Jay, taking shots at Jack for his former gangbanging is low too.

Former?

Explain the red bandana in his locker?

Explain the red SJax Pacers jerserys throughout Port Arthur? I've seen 'em in Chicago, too.

Is this the 800-pound gorilla in the room? Is this why Rick acts like he's afraid of him and won't discipline him?

He had a chance to say, "I've turned my back on that lifestyle." He chose not to.

ABADays
05-18-2006, 07:51 PM
So do they get to argue with the teachers and miss assignments?

Jermaniac
05-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Former?

Explain the red bandana in his locker?

Explain the red SJax Pacers jerserys throughout Port Arthur? I've seen 'em in Chicago, too.

Is this the 800-pound gorilla in the room? Is this why Rick acts like he's afraid of him and won't discipline him?

He had a chance to say, "I've turned my back on that lifestyle." He chose not to.He said 2 times in that article that he doesnt gangbang anymore. Most his friends are probably bloods so of course he will wear red.

Please put on a whole bunch of blue and go try and walk through a blood hood and see how fun its going to be.

317Kim
05-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Stephen Jesse Jackson Academy.

Tell me that doesn't sound like a school for badasses! :laugh:

Jack's mom had it all planned out for him.

05-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Reggie got plenty of techs in his day, I don't see people complaining about him.

One of the 2-3 greatest Shooting Guards in NBA/Basketball history? The most prolific pure shooter of all time? One of the highest scoring players of all time? The best Pacer EVER? One of the biggest Persons in Pacers Franchise? One of THREE greatest Players EVER to not get a championship in Basketball history? One of the Greatest Clutch shooter? One of the most hard working men in NBA history? THE mr.Pacer? THE SUPERMAN? If a player like that gets techs? Oh, i dont mind :D

Bad comparation my friend.

Young
05-18-2006, 10:44 PM
Nice move by Jackson. I like hearing about these things that the players do off the court.

Isaac
05-19-2006, 12:49 AM
One of the 2-3 greatest Shooting Guards in NBA/Basketball history? The most prolific pure shooter of all time? One of the highest scoring players of all time? The best Pacer EVER? One of the biggest Persons in Pacers Franchise? One of THREE greatest Players EVER to not get a championship in Basketball history? One of the Greatest Clutch shooter? One of the most hard working men in NBA history? THE mr.Pacer? THE SUPERMAN? If a player like that gets techs? Oh, i dont mind :D

Yeah, you're right, I was slamming Reggie with my post.

I'm as big a Reggie fan as anyone. I cried after game 6 last year, I have Reggie jerseys in every size and every style from when I was growing up.

Obviously Sjack isn't Reggie, but he ain't the devil either, which is what a lot of people on this forum try to make him out to be.

LjuboDaMan
05-19-2006, 02:01 AM
Good for Jack. Its really too bad it didn't work out for him here. I wish the fans would look at the positives Jack brings instead of the negatives.

Without Jack, this season would have been so much more painful for all of us.

i wish the fans look at the positives Peja brings instead of the negatives.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaa:censored:

larry
05-19-2006, 03:32 AM
81 games in a season for a Pacer is almost on the Cal Ripken Jr. level...

Yep, the shot selection sucks, but I just can't stand all the recent Pacer injuries!! It is flat out B.S!!!!!

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-19-2006, 04:28 AM
Way to go Jax - give some back.

Leisure Suit Larry
05-19-2006, 09:06 AM

Wow, Reggie's good but I don't know about all this.

Jon Theodore
05-19-2006, 03:08 PM
JAck is such a gangster

efx
05-19-2006, 04:21 PM
He said 2 times in that article that he doesnt gangbang anymore. Most his friends are probably bloods so of course he will wear red.

Please put on a whole bunch of blue and go try and walk through a blood hood and see how fun its going to be.

If he doesn't gangbang anymore then he has no reason to hang about in areas where they are prominent.

If he doesn't gangbang anymore then why has he a red bandana in his locker?
If he's proud of that then he's a sad human being. There's one thing in coming from a bad background and better yourself. It's another thing to hang on to it for some retarded image/street cred ideal.

Anyone (including him) who thinks that gangs are anything but a scourge of major cities is a retard.