PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James

larry
05-17-2006, 10:57 PM
Well I was in awe of Kobe in the 1st round. I made a thread after LA went up 3-1 stating Kobe was the best. I also predicted PHX would come back. Well now I'm afraid Lebron is a cross between Dominique & Magic. I think Mike Brown is a far better coach than RC. We should've kept Ron because Lebron is going to abuse the Pacers & Peja. The smart thing to do would be to let Granger start the rest of his career & get used to gaurding Lebron James. Right now the only guy that could check James would be Ronnie.

pizza guy
05-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Well I was in awe of Kobe in the 1st round. I made a thread after LA went up 3-1 stating Kobe was the best. I also predicted PHX would come back. Well now I'm afraid Lebron is a cross between Dominique & Magic. I think Mike Brown is a far better coach than RC. I'm glad we traded Ron, but Lebron is going to abuse the Pacers & Peja. The smart thing to do would be to let Granger start the rest of his career & get used to gaurding Lebron James. Right now the only guy that could check James would be Ronnie.

fixed :-p

indytoad
05-17-2006, 11:19 PM
I mentioned a couple years ago that the Pacers' championship window would be closed (along with the rest of the East) in about three or four years because of LeBron.

Looks like it didn't even take that long.

IndyToad
Speeding tickets instead of jelly

pizza guy
05-17-2006, 11:37 PM
I was skeptical of the nickname "King James" for LeBron because I think names like that should be earned, not gifted.

Dude has earned that name.

Pacersfan46
05-17-2006, 11:53 PM
I hope Cleveland doesn't think like you guys. I've been a huge Lebron fan for about 6 years, but they haven't won anything yet. They're not even out of the 2nd round.

Way early to talk like this.

jcouts
05-18-2006, 01:09 AM
If nothing else, I'm looking forward to how Lebron makes other players in the east step up their game in the coming years, just like Jordan did during his prime...because they're all going to know going into the summer that he's going to be there.

Without Jordan in the league, Joe Dumars, Reggie, and many other 2-guards in the east probably wouldn't have turned out quite as good as they did...because they knew they were going to have to put something very impressive together if they ever wanted to get past the Bulls. Much like Bird and Magic did. Reggie elevated his game to new levels on both ends whenever he and Mike were on the court together.

I'm curious to see who steps up to challenge Lebron in the coming years, because you know he isn't going away.

VF21
05-18-2006, 01:25 AM
And to think - he's just 21.

I have only followed one eastern team for the past few years. I think I may have to sneak a peak at some Cavs games. The kid's got game.

Moses
05-18-2006, 06:35 AM
And to think - he's just 21.

I have only followed one eastern team for the past few years. I think I may have to sneak a peak at some Cavs games. The kid's got game.
He may be 21, but he's huge.

He has so much finesse and so much power that he can switch between when necessary. Not many players can hold him on double teams because he's so strong and can finish under the basket almost every time. I've never seen anyone make so many crazy layups in my life so often. He's doing all of this against arguably one of the best SF/SG defenders in the NBA in Prince. The guy is going to win a championship in the next 3-4 years. And I realize they aren't out of the 2nd round, but Lebron is CARRYING the entire team. A few guys are stepping up and making offensive conributions, but if Bron had one good team-mate..a Pippenesque type of player, the Cavs would be close to unstoppable.

SoupIsGood
05-18-2006, 06:51 AM
Witness!

larry
05-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Witness!
Hahaha
And thanks to Pizza Guy for fixing my post. I think. Ron is like the devil & the angel on my shoulder.
Devil... "I'll slow down James & give you 22."
Angel... "I'm dropping my new album when the season starts."
Wait is that backwards? I'm not retyping it I'm on my damn PSP!

pizza guy
05-18-2006, 08:38 PM
BronBron is insanely good. Watching him against the Pistons is absolutely wonderful. Like Moses said, he's got such a strong all-around game that it's nearly impossible for his to be stopped. The Pistons have three guys watching him at every moment, making sure he doesn't have a driving lane. BUT, after the initial shock of it, King James has changed his game to incorporate more passing and his teammates have stepped it up. And, even though they are trying to prevent him from driving, he still gets to the hoop.

I don't remember much of MJ's early career basically because I had just been born; but Bron can't be far off. He's doing things now that I do remember MJ doing. I don't know how many of you saw this, but Scottie Pippen was interviewed on ESPN today. When the question, "MJ or LJ?" was asked, SCOTTIE PIPPEN said he'd take LeBron.

Sollozzo
05-18-2006, 09:08 PM
We should've kept Ron because Lebron is going to abuse the Pacers & Peja. The smart thing to do would be to let Granger start the rest of his career & get used to gaurding Lebron James. Right now the only guy that could check James would be Ronnie.

Keeping Artest would make little difference. He can't check Lebron. No one can.

It's going to be Lebron's league. This guy will have 5 or more rings by the time he retires.

Jermaniac
05-18-2006, 09:32 PM

It's going to be Lebron's league. This guy will have 5 or more rings by the time he retires.Guess you missed the first game of the season against the Cavs, Ronnie OWNED Lebron

Robertmto
05-18-2006, 09:33 PM
We all know how i feel. Do I even need to say it?

wooolus
05-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Don't worry, wizards will have plenty more chances to get their asses handed to them by King James.

Kingsfanbmiller
05-19-2006, 02:36 AM

It's going to be Lebron's league. This guy will have 5 or more rings by the time he retires.

O rly?

http://www.nba.com/games/20051124/CLEIND/boxscore.html
http://www.nba.com/games/20060301/SACCLE/boxscore.html

LjuboDaMan
05-19-2006, 02:41 AM
king james is awesomeeeee