PDA

View Full Version : David Stern on Indiana's wait.

Roaming Gnome
04-30-2004, 09:00 PM
David Stern was interviewed during the Heat/Hornets game and the first question asked was about the Pacer's waiting over a week and a half if this series goes 7 games. The commish answered by saying that it's a two way street and their wait could either put them off their game, or solidify their team.

What a load of crap...No team should have to wait 10 days for their next opponent!

Hicks
04-30-2004, 09:01 PM
No team should have to wait 11 days, but he is right. It could just give us time to heal/rest and come back energized from rest.

TheSauceMaster
04-30-2004, 09:11 PM
I think he said more along the lines that the long layoffs could help heal injuries :laugh:

I think Rick will keep them in good shape though , i seen where they had some refs come in and they have been doing alot of scrimage games , I know that's not like playing your next opponent but it all helps keep your shooting stride

:D

Eindar
04-30-2004, 09:13 PM
JO and Ron are still banged up, so days off are a plus for me. Sure we'll be rusty, but not that much if we're practicing hard, and rust should be gone by the first game. We also get lots of time to watch these games and learn our opponent.

If you're gonna call these guys professionals, you've gotta expect them to be ready.

Southside_Pacer
04-30-2004, 09:13 PM
I like how Rick had them go up against each other. These are very competitive guys, and as long as they don't injure themselves, or hurt each other, then it's good to get some trash talking and hard playing going on in practice.

Suaveness
04-30-2004, 11:18 PM
After watching the Heat-Hornets game today, I am not worried at all. I think we can be rusty for half a game and still be up by 20. We will kill them.

indygeezer
05-01-2004, 07:15 AM
I've not been able to watch much of the Heat-Hornets but what I've seen has appeared pretty sloppy. Periods of time where neither team can hold onto the ball.

Looking at em I have gaurd nightmares, but wonder about our ability to just beat em to death inside. I just can't get a handle on it. My question...are they both that good or are they both that bad????

grace
05-01-2004, 01:04 PM
No team should have to wait 11 days, but he is right. It could just give us time to heal/rest and come back energized from rest.

Sure we could come out energized. We could also come out as :censor: as teams do at the beginning of the season!

Shade
05-01-2004, 01:13 PM

Sure we could come out energized. We could also come out as :censor: as teams do at the beginning of the season!

But we started the season 14-2. ;) :cool: