PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Throw Rick Under the Bus Bandwagon" Thread

Moses
05-17-2006, 01:52 PM
After reading what I've read and hearing what I've heard as of late, I'm ready to throw Rick under the bus and fire him. Adelman is free and I wouldn't mind seeing a new coach. Any time your players want to get back at the coach so bad that they don't rehab injuries correctly you know somethings wrong. It's one thing to lose your team but it's another thing to discipline your players differently. The fact he hasn't disciplined Jack at all the entire season and many of the players have said they don't enjoy playing for him, what good is rebuilding going to do under a coach that nobody is going to like?

Anyways, I've talked to much. The whole point of this thread is to get people on the bandwagon to Fire Carlisle.

*queue MagicRat with a picture of pushing Rick under a bus*

Shade
05-17-2006, 02:02 PM
I second the notion. :wave:

ChicagoJ
05-17-2006, 02:16 PM
:woot2:

Frank Slade
05-17-2006, 02:18 PM
I am waiting for MR's corresponding illustration for this one....

Shade
05-17-2006, 02:21 PM

Yeah, might as well get a jump on the 2007 Thread of the Year award. :chuckle:

Moses
05-17-2006, 02:28 PM
Main reason I started this thread.

And because I want Rick to be fired..but the picture definitely makes it worth it.

btowncolt
05-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Here, work with this one:

http://www.basetree.com/thumbs2/Bus_Stop.jpg

wooolus
05-17-2006, 02:34 PM
i will drive.

MagicRat
05-17-2006, 02:59 PM
*queue MagicRat with a picture of pushing Rick under a bus*

I voted for Shade. Just because I can.

That's unfortunate timing.......:buttkick:

Shade
05-17-2006, 03:02 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't vote for you either. :hug:

Diamond Dave
05-17-2006, 03:11 PM
:woot:

Putnam
05-17-2006, 03:27 PM
Hooray! This will be the end of all our fustration.

8.9_seconds
05-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Where can I get my ticket? Count me in!

Shade
05-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Hooray! This will be the end of all our fustration.

Can we send him back to Detriot? :devil:

Shade
05-17-2006, 03:34 PM
Where can I get my ticket? Count me in!

Take a number and get in line behind me.

And the 6549983168549849 people behind me.

8.9_seconds
05-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Take a number and get in line behind me.

And the 6549983168549849 people behind me.

Geez, I hope this is a double decker Wagon and/or bus.

rexnom
05-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Just one thought...I don't think Larry is about to throw Rick under a bus any time soon...

DisplacedKnick
05-17-2006, 03:51 PM
Well, Larry Brown may be available soon - and he can even pee.

Shade
05-17-2006, 03:54 PM
Well, Larry Brown may be available soon - and he can even pee.

But for how long?!?! :soundoff:

Are you saying Zeke...is a liar?! :eek:

I wonder if Larry changes bathrooms as frequently as he does teams.

Jermaniac
05-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Been on it since the Bucks game this season

indytoad
05-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Wouldn't it be "Throw Rick Under the Bandwagon Bus"?

Or maybe just "Throw Rick Under the Bandwagon".

Or you could "Throw Rick Under the Bus and the Bandwagon".

If you've got two vehicles, you might as well use them.

IndyToad
Bored at work

Jay Ohh
05-17-2006, 05:44 PM
He's been under there for awhile now. So many games lost because of his ****ty rotations and playcalling. Get his *** out of here. If Larry doesn't fire him, then he should go too.

Deadshot
05-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Maybe we should use that bus in Jerm's signature; those could be a few Pacers players jumping on the top (or just Ron and his "dawgs")

Jose Slaughter
05-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Considering our team, maybe we should one of those "special" little yellow buses.

Moses
05-17-2006, 07:32 PM
Ahh I didn't even realize you were an option to vote for :cry:

MagicRat
05-17-2006, 09:17 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I didn't vote for you either. :hug:

Do you smell something?

http://prometheus.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/eddiewagon5.jpg

None of the Gillians were injured in the making of this picture.........

ChicagoJ
05-17-2006, 09:25 PM
wow. :lol:

Moses
05-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Do you smell something?

http://prometheus.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/eddiewagon5.jpg

None of the Gillians were injured in the making of this picture.........
It will be a cold day in hell the day I let the Gill bandwagon burn.

Robertmto
05-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Toss Him, Toss Him, Toss Him!!!

Hicks
05-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Lynch mob mentality in this thread. :shakehead:

kerosene
05-17-2006, 10:44 PM
Even Mr. T could not save Rick from this thread...

Count me in.

RWB
05-18-2006, 07:22 AM
Wouldn't it be "Throw Rick Under the Bandwagon Bus"?

Or maybe just "Throw Rick Under the Bandwagon".

Or you could "Throw Rick Under the Bus and the Bandwagon".

If you've got two vehicles, you might as well use them.

IndyToad
Bored at work

Or for us older folks on the forum you could "Throw Rick Under REO Speedwagon".

Skaut_Ech
05-18-2006, 07:41 AM
Or for us older folks on the forum you could "Throw Rick Under REO Speedwagon".

Or for some of us even older, we could throw him under the double dutch bus.

Unclebuck
05-18-2006, 08:51 AM
I find the disrespect in this thread towards Carlisle a little troubling. He's been with the franchise for 6 years and a lot of very good things have happened to this franchise while he's been here.

RWB
05-18-2006, 09:28 AM
I find the disrespect in this thread towards Carlisle a little troubling. He's been with the franchise for 6 years and a lot of very good things have happened to this franchise while he's been here.

UB, you might be right, I guess we're just following the lead of his players down that disrespect road.

Personally I think since Rick is so rigid the barbs will probably just bounce right off.

Putnam
05-18-2006, 10:18 AM

With all due respect, six years doesn't mean anything. We owe Carlisle a measure of respect and decency just because he is a person, and I accept your admonition not to violate that. But the franchise has to do what is best for the future of the team, and the past doesn't enter into it.

Maybe Carlisle is the best guy to coach the Pacers next year. But that seems unlikely. Whether it is his fault or not, there is too much baggage and too many differences in style. The Pacers are a poorly functioning machine: a ham sandwich with chocolate fudge syrup, if you will.

As Kravitz writes, either the coach has to go, or several of the players (Not just Tinsley and Jackson). Pragmatically, it is much more workable to change the coach. I hate to offer Bob Kravitz as supporting evidence, but there you go.

Anyway, I guess your point is not to get too giddy in the "throw him under the bus" talk. Point taken. We can argue that Rick needs to go for legitimate basketball reasons, but we shouldn't act like cannibals dancing around the stewpot.

ChicagoJ
05-18-2006, 10:25 AM
Lynch mob mentality in this thread. :shakehead

:confused:

All I've seen is a bunch of guys who think the coach should be made the "fall guy" for the chemistry/ lack of trust crap that he's festered in their favorite team. And they're letting off some steam.

I don't think any of us would literally "throw Rick under a bus." (At least not yet :devil:). Its a figure of speach.

Unclebuck
05-18-2006, 11:07 AM
:confused:

All I've seen is a bunch of guys who think the coach should be made the "fall guy" for the chemistry/ lack of trust crap that he's festered in their favorite team. And they're letting off some steam.

I don't think any of us would literally "throw Rick under a bus." (At least not yet :devil:). Its a figure of speach.

Oh really. I was all set to call Amtrak and tell them that there was going to be an acccident involving one of their buses, that a tall gentleman was going to be thrown under one of their buses. But Jay you've alleviated my fears.

Edit: Oops Amtrak is train service. Shows I never use public transportation, what is the bus service here, Greyhound, no IndyGo is that it

Evan_The_Dude
05-18-2006, 11:11 AM
I agree w/ UB. This thread is a bit over the top. It's a bit sad actually. You'd think we had a Blazer like season by viewing this thread.

05-18-2006, 11:16 AM
:wave: reporting in!

Trader Joe
05-18-2006, 11:31 AM
Can we back over him too?

Moses
05-18-2006, 10:00 PM
I agree w/ UB. This thread is a bit over the top. It's a bit sad actually. You'd think we had a Blazer like season by viewing this thread.
YOU CAN GO UNDER THE BUS TOO!!! GET EM!!! *Watches as the huge mob of people ascend onto Ev_eezy and hoist him under the bus*

Robertmto
05-18-2006, 10:19 PM
Toss Ev_eezy under the bus too!!!!

MagicRat
05-19-2006, 06:35 AM
http://prometheus.able-towers.com/~magicrat/cannibals8.gif

ChicagoJ
05-19-2006, 09:47 AM

:disturbed

indygeezer
05-19-2006, 10:16 AM

MAGICRAT!!! Make that GO AWAY!! That's just wrong

and it's gonna cost u votes next year.

indygeezer
05-19-2006, 10:17 AM
lynch mob?????

Nah...it's more of a FIRING squad.

can I get a rimshot please?

MagicRat
05-19-2006, 10:22 AM
:disturbed

If you think that's disturbing, you should see the wonderfully macabre commercial that little clip came from...........

ChicagoJ
05-19-2006, 10:22 AM
Main reason I started this thread.

And because I want Rick to be fired..but the picture definitely makes it worth it.

At this point in time, I think Shade and I would disagree.

:swear:

MagicRat
05-19-2006, 10:25 AM
MAGICRAT!!! Make that GO AWAY!! That's just wrong

and it's gonna cost u votes next year.

My reign is over anyway. From here on out it's nothing but serious basketball posts........

(Plus, according to UB, troubling humor is now the in thing)

ChicagoJ
05-19-2006, 10:25 AM
If you think that's disturbing, you should see the wonderfully macabre commercial that little clip came from...........

That almost negates the bribe you sent me. Too bad for me that I voted this morning before I checked out this thread. Now I've lost leverage.

:mad:

MagicRat
05-19-2006, 10:34 AM
can I get a rimshot please?

:rimshot:

:tip:

McClintic Sphere
05-19-2006, 10:39 AM
My reign is over anyway. From here on out it's nothing but serious basketball posts........

Noooooooooooo! There is absolutely nothing to be serious about. Only levity will save us from a long, cavernous yawn of a Summer.

Fool
05-19-2006, 12:03 PM
The Piston board I frequent now has one of these for Flip.

Frank Slade
05-19-2006, 12:33 PM
The Piston board I frequent now has one of these for Flip.

Figures.I knew it would come sooner or later no way could it actually be the Players :unimpress.

What happened to the Larry Brown was holding them back, I love this new offsense crowd ? Live by the Sword , die by the Sword..

Very short memories....

Fool
05-19-2006, 12:48 PM
Figures.I knew it would come sooner or later no way could it actually be the Players :unimpress.

What happened to the Larry Brown was holding them back, I love this new offsense crowd ?

Very short memories....

These assumptions are made with incredibly little justification if you haven't seen the thread I was refering to nor the opinions of the posters in it.

There is a lot of talk about the players' role in this, the teams history of getting themselves into similar situations in the playoffs, as well as Flips' role.

..."similies" are so easy to take poorly (which is how I've taken yours, I admit).

Frank Slade
05-19-2006, 12:56 PM
These assumptions are made with incredibly little justification if you haven't seen the thread I was refering to nor the opinions of the posters in it.

There is a lot of talk about the players' role in this, the teams history of getting themselves into similar situations in the playoffs, as well as Flips' role.

..."similies" are so easy to take poorly (which is how I've taken yours, I admit).

Yes, when you state that
The Piston board I frequent now has one of these for Flip. I can only assume since there was no elaboration, you must be referring to Flip being thrown under the Bus since that is the title and content of this thread. Had the latter post been included as well I would not have even thought of commenting, since I would agree with it.

Fool
05-19-2006, 01:05 PM
To me this thread appears to be light-hearted (much as Jay has taken it), the same nature my "we've got one of these as well" post was intend. So your "yeah, those Piston fans are so ignorant and short sighted" post was out of nowhere (though now that I look back some have not seen this thread as lighthearted, UB for instance).

Anyway, its not a big deal. The thread I was refering to isn't short sighted and filled with ignorant fans. That's what my original response should have been.

Frank Slade
05-19-2006, 01:34 PM
To me this thread appears to be light-hearted (much as Jay has taken it), the same nature my "we've got one of these as well" post was intend. So your "yeah, those Piston fans are so ignorant and short sighted" post was out of nowhere (though now that I look back some have not seen this thread as lighthearted, UB for instance).

Anyway, its not a big deal. The thread I was refering to isn't short sighted and filled with ignorant fans. That's what my original response should have been.

Not a problem at all. I assumed incorrectly based on your initial remark..
:No smilie attached:

indygeezer
05-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Not a problem at all. I assumed incorrectly based on your initial remark..
:No smilie attached:

Oh carp. I was hoping for a good ol' fashioned flame war. j/k

It's all part of that...Kinder, nicer, NBA image Stern wants.

Hicks
05-19-2006, 01:57 PM
I'm pretty sure most are dead serious about this (in a figurative sense of course).

Putnam
05-19-2006, 02:31 PM
..."similies" are so easy to take poorly

Are you talking about a smiley or a simile? The one is a graphic representation of a facial expression intended to imply attitude or emotion in an electronic message. :-p The other is a literary figure of speech providing comparison, usually rendered in the form, "Thick as a brick" or "Drunk as a skunk."

I don't mean to horn into the thread, but you can't tell either from the statements or the (mis)spelled word itself. Inquiring minds want to know.

Fool
05-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Since the post that I was responding to contained no similies, I think you would have been safe to assume it was a mistaken "i" like Frank Slade obviously did when he posted ":No smilie attached:".

Which I thought was very funny btw.

Jermaniac
05-21-2006, 06:08 PM
If Rick was to get fired. What do you guys think about getting Terry Porter to be our coach? When he had TJ Ford that first year as a coach for the Bucks he did pretty good with that roster.

Unclebuck
05-21-2006, 06:51 PM
If Rick was to get fired. What do you guys think about getting Terry Porter to be our coach? When he had TJ Ford that first year as a coach for the Bucks he did pretty good with that roster.

I read recently that he is trying to buy the Blazers and doesn't want to coach.

But if that falls through, I think we could do better than Porter but then we could do a lot worse too.