PDA

View Full Version : should the pacers trade peja????

OnlyPacersLeft
05-16-2006, 08:29 PM
I know he's a good asset...but maybe we can get PJ Brown and JR Smith or something like that...
why do we want this guy? he has no heart. He *****ed out in the playoffs and could have given it a go.
Imagine picking up a young talent like smith and PJ brown...brown+jo...beast of a front court!

Evan_The_Dude
05-16-2006, 08:40 PM
:deadhorse

Pacersfan46
05-16-2006, 08:43 PM
I was impressed with his play when healthy. He's better than I thought.

I was absolutely unimpressed by his sitting in the playoffs. Either way, I can only answer this based on what we're offered.

PJ Brown, and JR Smith probably wouldn't cut it for me though. I'm not impressed by JR Smith, and PJ Brown is old, and doesn't have a whole lot left. I don't see why people are enamored with that combination.

GO!!!!!
05-16-2006, 09:04 PM
unless we can get a strike guard like Ben Gordon I'll pass...

we dun need brown and Smith is as good as Jones.. and his name isen't have as cool....

Moses
05-16-2006, 10:08 PM
:deadhorse
QFT

PejaIsTheMan
05-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Close this thread, he is beging for flaming.

LjuboDaMan
05-20-2006, 01:28 AM
I know he's a good asset...but maybe we can get PJ Brown and JR Smith or something like that...
why do we want this guy? he has no heart. He *****ed out in the playoffs and could have given it a go.
Imagine picking up a young talent like smith and PJ brown...brown+jo...beast of a front court!

smith ? pj brown ? r u on drugz ?

take a walk bud ...

Hicks
05-20-2006, 09:06 AM
The other 2-3 threads weren't good enough? Yeesh.

Bball
05-20-2006, 10:28 AM
JT still has a sizable fanbase. Bender probably could announce he's not really sure about retiring and would still have several people hop back on the bandwagon....

Yet... Peja seems to be collecting extra wrath and reputation for being (or declaring himself) injured.

I can understand Peja causing some sideways looks but I don't understand how some of these other guys escape the scorn?

It seems like a double standard to me.

And I am willing to bet JO's record of missed games is on par with Peja's.

What makes up the difference of opinion? I don't get it...

-Bball

Jermaniac
05-20-2006, 11:40 AM
JT still has a sizable fanbase. Bender probably could announce he's not really sure about retiring and would still have several people hop back on the bandwagon....

Yet... Peja seems to be collecting extra wrath and reputation for being (or declaring himself) injured.

I can understand Peja causing some sideways looks but I don't understand how some of these other guys escape the scorn?

-Bball
JO misses games with legit injuries and thats in the regular season. JO would NEVER miss a playoff game with a bruised knee. I dont think JO ever missed a playoff game PERIOD. Get the hate out of your heart, and then Fix your Face.

Mourning
05-20-2006, 11:57 AM
JO misses games with legit injuries and thats in the regular season. JO would NEVER miss a playoff game with a bruised knee. I dont think JO ever missed a playoff game PERIOD. Get the hate out of your heart, and then Fix your Face.

Cheez! Relax a little Jermaniac. I don´t necessarily aggree with all of Bball´s critique on JO, but I do think he better have a relatively healthy 2006/2007 season, because he has missed a high amount of games and I don't want our max player out an annual 25+ games per year, I suspect you don't like to see that either, right?

Offcourse, he gets battered more then anyone else on the team, so it´s a little explainable. Personally, I hope JO getting his weight down will improve things for him and the team. I´m positive about that.

With regards to Peja, I was highly irritated we couldn´t utilize him during the playoffs, but I also do think we can´t just dismiss the guys injury THIS easy. Ok, I would have liked to have seen him try, but if it´s pointless to try because you know it´s no use then what´s the point of it unless you want to potentially worsen it and make it a threat to the rest of your career.

I´m also a little baffled why you attack Peja as hard as you have, while Jamaal seems to have gotten a total free pass. What am I missing in your position here? :)

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Jermaniac
05-20-2006, 12:10 PM
Jamaal hasnt got a free pass, I said in alot of threads that we need a new starting PG.

Mourning
05-20-2006, 12:53 PM
Jamaal hasnt got a free pass, I said in alot of threads that we need a new starting PG.

Ok, then I apologize. I must have missed it.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

circlecitysportsfan
05-21-2006, 10:18 AM

-Bball

Bender was never one of our top 5 players that we relied on. If he played it was just an added bonus. I remember a couple of posters on here who said that "wanted" JB to fail, looks like they got their wish. JT is a bum and like Jerm said he has gotten his share of criticism from fans. We traded our best player for Peja, then the guys punks out and misses 3 of the biggest games of the season during his contract year. If he played and JO sat out he would get the same exact criticism that Peja is getting, if not more because of his contract. Also the fact we WON the games Peja played in is a factor also.

Jon Theodore
05-21-2006, 01:36 PM
I'd trade Peja for a solid shooting guard without giving it a second thought. This allows us to sign freddy as backup and trade Sjax/AJ for a REALLY good point guard.

A lot of people will not want to trade AJ, but his trade value will never EVER be higher. Trade him while he is valuable and you MUST package him with Jax or maybe tins even.

But trade Peja = Get SG
Trade Jack/AJ = Get PG

microwave_oven
05-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Could the reason that Peja didn't play be because he knew that this team wasn't going anywhere, along with Donnie and Larry? If he had an injury, then why make it worse by playing on it when you knew the season wouldn't go past the 2nd round? Maybe Peja knew that this roster would be remade this summer and that it would be stupid to risk a bigger injury when you already know the outcome. Maybe he knew changes were on the way, and didn't want to risk it.

I think it is weird that Scott Pollard came out and said that this was the most f***** up season he ever been a part of. It's weird that AJ said the culture needs to change. But yet Peja wants to come back to the Pacers w/ the same players? NO WAY---Peja knows something that we don't.

Pacersfan46
05-21-2006, 03:15 PM
Could the reason that Peja didn't play be because he knew that this team wasn't going anywhere, along with Donnie and Larry? If he had an injury, then why make it worse by playing on it when you knew the season wouldn't go past the 2nd round? Maybe Peja knew that this roster would be remade this summer and that it would be stupid to risk a bigger injury when you already know the outcome. Maybe he knew changes were on the way, and didn't want to risk it.

I think it is weird that Scott Pollard came out and said that this was the most f***** up season he ever been a part of. It's weird that AJ said the culture needs to change. But yet Peja wants to come back to the Pacers w/ the same players? NO WAY---Peja knows something that we don't.

Why would you decide you can't do something as a pro athlete? Who would've thought Cleveland would still be playing today? If he was sitting because he mailed in the season, I'd be ready to dump him faster than ever. Just because you never know. There's a reason they play the games.

Jermaniac
05-21-2006, 03:25 PM

I think it is weird that Scott Pollard came out and said that this was the most f***** up season he ever been a part of. It's weird that AJ said the culture needs to change. But yet Peja wants to come back to the Pacers w/ the same players? NO WAY---Peja knows something that we don't.Then thats even worse. He is a loser if he sat out because he thought we where not going anywhere.

"YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME"

Bball
05-21-2006, 04:01 PM
While I don't particularly like the thought of Peja sitting IF he could've played without risking further injury AND/OR his knee injury didn't disable him to the point of being a liability on the court...
...this talk that the Pacers were going anywhere but home this season is being just a little too hopeful.

This team is flawed to the core and were finished months ago. We were destined to be someone's rag doll in these playoffs and I HOPE management didn't get some false sense of hope from the team even making the playoffs... let alone winning a couple of games... And reading some of these comments I certainly hope management doesn't start thinking: "If only Peja could've played we had a chance to do MUCH more". No, we didn't.

The quicker we move into the next phase of the Pacers the better off we'll be.

-Bball

microwave_oven
05-21-2006, 11:11 PM
Then thats even worse. He is a loser if he sat out because he thought we where not going anywhere.

"YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME"

You knew as well as I, along with Peja and TPTB that we would have never made it out of the second round. And that is being optimistic. I'm just saying "HYPOTHETICALLY" If LB and Donnie knew we weren't going to advance, then maybe they told Peja not to play, because they didn't want him to risk greater damage.

This is a what if, not set in stone, so don't jump my case. But maybe TPTP knew they were going to make-over this team in the off-season and told Peja not to risk it, while also promising to give him the money he deserves. Maybe he wouldn't have re-signed unless he knew this teamwould change.

WHAT IF???

pizza guy
05-22-2006, 12:11 AM
Peja could be a valuable trading piece, but it's a big maybe.

First, we've got to re-sign him. Why would a team that wants him let us sign him and then trade for him if they could just sign him themselves?

Is he going to be healthy enough to play the majority of the games, and DEFINATELY the playoffs?

Would he choke in the playoffs?

Now, Peja is a very good shooter, and a much better all-around player than I knew before the trade. There are probably a good number of teams who would LOVE to have Peja on their roster. The question is, who? will they do a S&T instead of just signing him? what can the Pacers get back?

There have been about 328,245,098,875 rumors floating around in the past few years about a certain player who the Pacers have previously "owned" that I would love to see on our roster. If a deal could be worked out for a certain #34, I'd be EXTREMELY happy, even if it included Peja, JT, SJax, and/or Freddie.

Jay Ohh
05-22-2006, 12:21 AM
If we're doing a deal with NO then let's go for JR Smith and Speedy Claxton. Maybe Peja and Sarunas (if they'd be dumb enough to take him) or some other useless bum that we don't need.

Mourning
05-22-2006, 01:29 AM
If we're doing a deal with NO then let's go for JR Smith and Speedy Claxton. Maybe Peja and Sarunas (if they'd be dumb enough to take him) or some other useless bum that we don't need.

NO!

Jay Ohh
05-22-2006, 01:51 AM
Yes

Kingsfanbmiller
05-22-2006, 06:08 AM
Yeah the pacers should trade Peja.

Jose Slaughter
05-22-2006, 07:28 AM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/predrag_stojakovic/season_splits.html

Peja played 11 games during April, all as a starter.

35.9 mpg

.460 FG%

.400 3FG%

.923 FT%

And some want to drop this guy like last weeks garbage!

The guy can play & his playing makes O'Neal better.

able
05-22-2006, 08:36 AM
Well I've been holding my peace long enough :)

This is a ridiculous idea/proposal and does not show a great deal of thought behind it.

!: in a Sign and Trade (the only way we CAN trade Peja at this moment) Peja determines where he goes to, whether they want to throw us a bine in order to solidify their position in contract negotiations is certainly of secondary importance to Peja and the new team.
We can dream all we want but none of the "ideas" above are near reality, most you can hope for is big contract that ends (hopefully) soon.
2: IF Peja signs with us, then we can not trade him for 6 months, outside of the fact that he will/would be BYC; in short we can take back half of what he earns.
3: Unless we are dscussing trading a player next season, whom has yet to sign with us, we are way of base here.
Let the P's sign him first, play a year, then we can decide what we would do if we were TPTB.

In the meantime I would be VERY happy to see him sign with us and play with JO because getting the best shooter in the league on your team to play alongside one of the best PF's in the league is a very very very nice combination.

Those of you convinced of trading him or not signing him, can you please be in the same fant. league as me next year? I'll gladly take him of your hands.

I predict that if he signs with us, chances are he will be our 2nd All Star next year alongside JO.

Putnam
05-22-2006, 08:39 AM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/predrag_stojakovic/season_splits.html

Peja played 11 games during April, all as a starter.

35.9 mpg

.460 FG%

.400 3FG%

.923 FT%

And some want to drop this guy like last weeks garbage!

The guy can play & his playing makes O'Neal better.

Now THAT makes sense! It is so much more sensible and convincing when people offer specific evidence and proof, rather than just shouting that one guy is a ****** and another guy is a ****.

Thanks, Jose.

Hicks
05-22-2006, 09:20 AM
This forum would be better without the aspersion towards our players. I'm sick of it, personally.

*edit* And well said, Abel.

able
05-22-2006, 09:48 AM
This forum would be better without the aspersion towards our players. I'm sick of it, personally.

Seldom more true words were spoken.

Bball
05-22-2006, 10:52 AM

*edit* And well said, Abel.

It mainly bothers me when, for whatever reason, there seems to be a double standard in play.

-Bball

beast23
05-22-2006, 11:19 AM
It mainly bothers me when, for whatever reason, there seems to be a double standard in play.

-Bball

You mean something like "Tinsley and Jackson are knuckleheads, but that Peja dude is really a good guy"? :D

Coach
05-22-2006, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=able]Well I've been holding my peace long enough :)

This is a ridiculous idea/proposal and does not show a great deal of thought behind it.

!: in a Sign and Trade (the only way we CAN trade Peja at this moment) Peja determines where he goes to, whether they want to throw us a bine in order to solidify their position in contract negotiations is certainly of secondary importance to Peja and the new team.
We can dream all we want but none of the "ideas" above are near reality, most you can hope for is big contract that ends (hopefully) soon.
2: IF Peja signs with us, then we can not trade him for 6 months, outside of the fact that he will/would be BYC; in short we can take back half of what he earns.

I don't understand why this seems difficult. Isn't this the way we got Jackson. He was a free agent and we sent Al to them. Does everyone think that there aren't players (shooting guards) out there that will fit the bill. Maybe Peja might want to go there but the other team doesn't want to go over the cap?

Jermaniac
05-22-2006, 01:57 PM

*edit* And well said, Abel.How come you never say that when JT and Stephen are talked about?

Los Angeles
05-22-2006, 02:32 PM
I had to look up "aspersion" :blush:
aspersion:
1 : a sprinkling with water especially in religious ceremonies
2 a : the act of calumniating b : a calumnious expression

And THAT didn't tell me anything because I don't know what "calumniate" means. :laugh:

calumniate
1 : to utter maliciously false statements, charges, or imputations about
2 : to injure the reputation of by calumny

And now I don't know what imputations are. :mad: I give up.

Bball
05-22-2006, 02:53 PM
...But you knew what "calumny" meant?

-Bball

Los Angeles
05-22-2006, 03:00 PM
...But you knew what "calumny" meant?

-Bball
The root of calumniate?

CableKC
05-22-2006, 05:56 PM
I've been thinking about it and I am on the fence about whether to keep or trade Peja.

Regardless of what type of contract offer he is going to get from other teams. I am pretty sure that there will be some teams out there that want his services....cuz you can never pass on an above average shooting...note that I didn't say scoring.....starting SF that can consistently hit the 3pt shot....if you have the need to upgrade at the SF spot and the $$$ to sign him. If we can get quality young players, draft picks or players with potential in return ( a la the "DD for JONeal" type trade ) that won't get in the way of Granger getting minutes that can help us stay somewhat competitive....then I won't mind doing a S&T with him.

However....if we can't get anything decent for Peja in a S&T.....or he can be had for the price that Walsh/Bird set for resigning him....then I wouldn't mind keeping him.

I guess it comes down to what we can get in a S&T with Peja.

A S&T of Peja for quality players that can keep us competitive ( like what Walsh did with JONeal way back when ) is more of a long term roadmap that would look beyond the 2 or 3 year plan to build around a core of Granger, Harrison, and ( to a lesser degree ) JONeal that would give us more flexibility and a better chance to truly rebuild for the long-term.

But by resigning Peja......I think this is more of a 2 to 3 year roadmap that would build around JONeal-Peja-Granger-Harrison that would limit our flexibiity in terms of cap management. IMHO this is more of a "retooling" effort rather then a near-complete "rebuilding" effort that would likely keep us in the same "1st to 2nd" Playoff round exit for the next couple of years.....but then lock us into Playoff bubble mode once Peja and JONeal start to break down as their age wears on them.

I'm more in favor of the S&T Peja for decent young players and draft picks to rebuild option......but would live with resigning Peja...as long as we get rid of SJax and Tinsley.

VF21
05-22-2006, 06:04 PM
Having watched Peja for most of his NBA career, I think you guys need to keep him.

He showed a lot of the old Peja once he put on the Pacers uniform. He was happy again, and he sure seemed to be trying harder than he had in a Kings uniform after Vlade left.

My only concern would be his health. He's not a "warrior." He isn't able to play through injuries the way some guys can. He's been playing basketball a very long time - especially for someone still relatively young - and it's certainly taken its toll on his knees, his feet and his back.

But - and I think this is worth noting - he can still take your breath away. He can still shoot three's from out near the popcorn stands. And he can still burn a defender who thinks he has his hand in Peja's face. AND he can still score from the stripe.

I loved Peja. There towards the end it was clear his heart was no longer here in the land of the Kings. From what I've read, his heart now belongs to you. If you sign him and eventually switch him to the bench behind Granger, you'll still have one of the most impressive SF duos in the league.

SoupIsGood
05-22-2006, 06:16 PM
Now THAT makes sense! It is so much more sensible and convincing when people offer specific evidence and proof,

Three-point shots made by Peja this past playoffs: 0

sweabs
05-22-2006, 06:18 PM
He's not a "warrior."

Agreed. Although, he's also not a "warier", which is a good thing. :-p

BoomBaby31
05-22-2006, 06:43 PM
smith ? pj brown ? r u on drugz ?

take a walk bud ...

NO **** Take a walk, p.j brown and smith for Peja? You must be on drugs thank the lord that you aren't our GM

Jose Slaughter
05-22-2006, 07:13 PM

If you want to look at numbers, look at Jermaine's FG% for April. over 50%. That is the best he had all year.

The Pacers were also 2-0 in playoff games that both played in.

The Pacers won't be able to get equal quality in a sign and trade & letting someone with the talent of Peja just walk is nothing short of irresponsible.

Will Galen
05-22-2006, 07:41 PM

Thanks, him only taking three shots and not hitting any show why he was sitting out.

Hicks
05-22-2006, 10:15 PM
How come you never say that when JT and Stephen are talked about?

I don't like it if someone were to say, "Tinsley/Jack sucks/is worthless/etc." I don't mind it when someone says "Tinsley/Jack needs to go because of *insert legit or debatable reason here*"

brichard
05-22-2006, 11:12 PM
The Pacers won't be able to get equal quality in a sign and trade & letting someone with the talent of Peja just walk is nothing short of irresponsible.

Why is this assumed to be a fact?

There have to be some good trade alternatives where we get fair value for Peja. He's a great shooter and a former All Star. I'm sure every team in the league would like to have him on their team. Who wouldn't?

The question becomes, who is willing to give him a long term deal with max dollars? Those teams that covet Peja will be willing to part with good talent to get Peja b/c A.) If they don't, we'll simply keep Peja and B.) Unless they have cap space, which few teams do, we are their only shot at getting him.

If we could sign Peja to a short term contract for big dollars, I'd be all for it. But a long term deal for him is very risky IMHO.

able
05-23-2006, 05:11 AM
I don't understand why this seems difficult. Isn't this the way we got Jackson. He was a free agent and we sent Al to them. Does everyone think that there aren't players (shooting guards) out there that will fit the bill. Maybe Peja might want to go there but the other team doesn't want to go over the cap?

Apples and Pears, different beast alltogether.

Sjax was free agent, he signed with Atl for 1 year for a reason, looking for a bigger payday.
Al wanted out, and not at the end of his contract.
We wanted sJax, as we were looking for a SG, we could have signed hime for the midlevel excemption, which we "basically" did, but by trading Al, we did double business, A: we didn't have to support a trade that would bring Al to a contender/fierce competitor and B: we kept our midlevel available.
And in all honesty, we weren't looking for anythng (well TPTB weren't) else then a SG, so we would be done and could do "unforseen" with the ML.
Al was still under contract to the Pacers and had nothing to say whatsoever on where he was going.

In the case of Peja it is only Peja who decides where he signs, the 2 months he played here do not give him any obligation to the Pacers to "help" us out and the only thing is that he can sign 1 more year and get higher raises yearly, but if there are more then one bidder, then he will still pick where he goes, the Pacers can only be beggars in that case.
The only reason for a S&T is that the "losing" team gets salary(read cap) compensation for the player(read FA) signing elsewhere, which allows them to, via more trades, keep enough space in their salary-expenditure.
If Peja walks without a S&T we would loose 7.5 million of cap space, as we have no other means then the mid level and vet excemptions to sign new players.
Taking back a scrub, ending contract or whatever allows us some manouverability in that sense, but once more: We have NO say so in where he goes, OR what we get back IF we are to accomadate a S&T, the only option we have is not agree which simply loses us 7.5 million in cap space, nothing else.

RWB
05-23-2006, 07:17 AM
I wish I could find the quote from several years ago, but it's a true sign at where Bird's head is at I bet when it comes to his feelings concerning Danny and Peja.

We know LB wants to take Danny under his wing and show him the way. Bird made a comment one time that the Celts were so great because everyone thought team first. He specifically mentioned that Kevin McHale could have started his 2nd year in the league, but they were more interested in winning championships and so Kevin continued to rack up the 6th man awards.

Simply, while we on PD can continue to debate whether Peja should step aside for Danny, the fact maybe Bird already has a blueprint in mind.

Look at old Celtic teams to see where Bird wants to get this squad.

Coach
05-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Apples and Pears, different beast alltogether.

Sjax was free agent, he signed with Atl for 1 year for a reason, looking for a bigger payday.
Al wanted out, and not at the end of his contract.
We wanted sJax, as we were looking for a SG, we could have signed hime for the midlevel excemption, which we "basically" did, but by trading Al, we did double business, A: we didn't have to support a trade that would bring Al to a contender/fierce competitor and B: we kept our midlevel available.
And in all honesty, we weren't looking for anythng (well TPTB weren't) else then a SG, so we would be done and could do "unforseen" with the ML.
Al was still under contract to the Pacers and had nothing to say whatsoever on where he was going.

In the case of Peja it is only Peja who decides where he signs, the 2 months he played here do not give him any obligation to the Pacers to "help" us out and the only thing is that he can sign 1 more year and get higher raises yearly, but if there are more then one bidder, then he will still pick where he goes, the Pacers can only be beggars in that case.
The only reason for a S&T is that the "losing" team gets salary(read cap) compensation for the player(read FA) signing elsewhere, which allows them to, via more trades, keep enough space in their salary-expenditure.
If Peja walks without a S&T we would loose 7.5 million of cap space, as we have no other means then the mid level and vet excemptions to sign new players.
Taking back a scrub, ending contract or whatever allows us some manouverability in that sense, but once more: We have NO say so in where he goes, OR what we get back IF we are to accomadate a S&T, the only option we have is not agree which simply loses us 7.5 million in cap space, nothing else.

Maybe I am not reading you correctly or maybe I did not do a good job of explaining what I meant.

I look at our situation like the situation with Al and SJax. I view us as being in Atlanta's position when SJax was a FA(except with us, it is Peja). We need to look for a team that has a shooting guard that is backing up a better shooting guard (Maybe Clippers with Magette) that wants to be a starter somewhere else (like Al wanted to years ago).

That's what I hope would happen. I know that this is asking for a lot of things to fall into place but who knows. If my memory serves me right the Clippers could have used someone that could hit the three last night (outscored 30 to 0 from there). And they may do it because they are close to championship contenders.

Just my 2Cents

Sorry if I did not understand you able.... I ain't too bright. :D

able
05-23-2006, 09:16 AM
Coach, You are more then bright, so don't try and fool me :D

The absolute HUGE difference is that we could decide (Pacers that is) where Al went to, because he was under contract, with Peja however we have NO influence whatsoever, because he is a free agent, even if the Clips want to do what you suggest, then still Peja NEEDS to WANT to go there, or else it will simply not happen.

Al had no choice in the deal with Jax, Pacers have no choice in the deal with Peja, same as with Brad, if whoever signs Peja wants to throw us a bone, then that is what we get.

Coach
05-23-2006, 09:24 AM
Coach, You are more then bright, so don't try and fool me :D

The absolute HUGE difference is that we could decide (Pacers that is) where Al went to, because he was under contract, with Peja however we have NO influence whatsoever, because he is a free agent, even if the Clips want to do what you suggest, then still Peja NEEDS to WANT to go there, or else it will simply not happen.

Al had no choice in the deal with Jax, Pacers have no choice in the deal with Peja, same as with Brad, if whoever signs Peja wants to throw us a bone, then that is what we get.

Okay now I know what you mean. Someone needs to tell Peja he could be a great actor and at the same time tell Corey M. that the coach hates him and so does the owner and he will never start. :D

ChicagoJ
05-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Look at old Celtic teams to see where Bird wants to get this squad.

If we're going to put Peja into the sixth-man/ McHale role (okay, I know he's not a post player) then I'd be happy with bringing Peja back.

But at the salary he's going to command, I don't think its in the Pacers' best interest long-term.

Without major roster or coaching changes, we're going to be in fourth place in our division for the next two-three years anyway. Detroit is still on top, Cleveland is rapidly improving, and Chicago is in a good position to improve their team.

Bball
05-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Without major roster or coaching changes, we're going to be hovering around eighth place in our conference for the next two-three years anyway. .

Fixed....

-Bball

Pacersfan46
05-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Fixed....

-Bball

There are 8 places in the division? :-o

:laugh:

Jermaniac
05-23-2006, 11:37 AM
Ohh snap, write him up a quick essay Bball and prove him wrong that its possible that we can finish 8th in a 5 team division.

Bball
05-23-2006, 12:04 PM
There are 8 places in the division? :-o

:laugh:

OOPS! :blush:

-Bball

Bball
05-23-2006, 12:06 PM
Ohh snap, write him up a quick essay Bball and prove him wrong that its possible that we can finish 8th in a 5 team division.

:buttkick:

-Bball

Bball
05-23-2006, 12:08 PM

Hmmmm Upon further review...

As bad as we played this year, if any team could find a way to finish 8th in a 5 team division it would be the Pacers.

-Bball

Frank Slade
05-23-2006, 12:23 PM
Okay now I know what you mean. Someone needs to tell Peja he could be a great actor and at the same time tell Corey M. that the coach hates him and so does the owner and he will never start. :D

Radmanovic, acquired during the season to provide outside shooting, also will be a free agent.

Corey Maggette, who missed much of the season with injuries, almost was traded to Indiana for Ron Artest and keeps hearing he might be traded this summer.

LINK (http://www.pe.com/sports/basketball/breakout/stories/PE_Sports_Local_S_clippers_notes_23.1302260f.html)

college31guy
05-23-2006, 09:37 PM
:chin:

Mavschick
05-24-2006, 09:32 AM
http://www.82games.com/0506/05IND10D.HTM

It seems when Peja is on the court the offense hums but the D is a little more lax.

http://www.82games.com/0506/05IND10B.HTM

Irregardless of who he's on the court with, it ends up a being a pretty productive five-man unit (with the exception of that 4th combo).

CableKC
05-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Radmanovic, acquired during the season to provide outside shooting, also will be a free agent.

Corey Maggette, who missed much of the season with injuries, almost was traded to Indiana for Ron Artest and keeps hearing he might be traded this summer.

LINK (http://www.pe.com/sports/basketball/breakout/stories/PE_Sports_Local_S_clippers_notes_23.1302260f.html)
Someone refresh my memory....what was the "rumored" reason why the Pacers backed out of a Maggette/Artest deal?

I think it was due to some long term medical reason in Maggette's recent injury that caused Walsh/Bird to back out.

With Maggette having a shorter contract......would any of you be content with a Peja/Maggette deal that would give us a decent but "potentially long-term injured" player ths has a shorter financial commitment?

OnlyPacersLeft
05-24-2006, 05:51 PM
bye bye peja :)

pizza guy
05-24-2006, 07:26 PM
Mags looked good to me in the PHX series...