PDA

View Full Version : Can we stop talking about Bonzi Wells??

Skaut_Ech
05-16-2006, 02:07 PM
I actually was posting this in another thread, but decided to give it a thread by itself because Bonzi's name keeps coming up in different threads as a guy wee should go after (oft-times in tandem with getting Brad back.)

The fact that some of you even type his name astounds me. After the wake of what Ron wrought, you guys would want to bring Bonzi here?

You guys can NOT be serious??
:banghead: :pissed::rant: :alcohol:

This is the guy who wouldn't leave the scene of a bar fight and was yelling obscenities at the officers.

This is the guy who was such a problem child for a great guy and coach like Hubie Brown that he ended being so disruptive to the team thatg they traded him for lesser value just to unload him.

He spit on Danny Ferry

Started a fight (threw the first punch) with Chris Mills and got suspended for two games.

Cussed out his coach in Portland in the middle of a game and got suspended.

Let's see...he was suspended for striking and abusing an official....suspended in last year's playoffs...got suspended for giving the finger to a fan...suspended for being the fight at Golden State.

On top of it, from our own local paper:

"From the Indianapolis Star:

Color seems to matter to Portland's Bonzi Wells, the Muncie, Ind.,
native who played at Ball State. He's been heard insulting white
players on at least a few occasions dating to last season.

San Antonio's Danny Ferry said Wells called him a "(expletive) honky"
more than once earlier this season, in a game in which Wells spit in
Ferry's face.

Golden State's Troy Murphy says Wells has called him a "cracker." Last
April, Dallas guard Nick Van Exel said Wells was calling the
Mavericks' bench "a bunch of soft-a---- white boys."

Russ Granik and Stu Jackson of the NBA office both said they were not
aware of the allegations, but are concerned.

The Portland Tribune recently detailed many of Wells' legal problems
and other transgressions from high school and college, along with
eight incidents during his five seasons with the Trail Blazers."

Let me put it this way, if he was white and throwing arounf racial stuff like that, what would you think?

Playing for Jerry West in a great organization like that one and under non-abrasive coaches like Hubie Brown and Mike Fratello, Bonzi had this to say- ""*?&% it. They can trade me, all I care about is the 15th and 30th of the month (pay day)."

NooOOoow...here he is in a contract year, playing his best basketball. Hmm...I wonder why?! :rolleyes:

The guy has been disruptive on every team he's been on. The only reason he hasn't pulled anything in Sacramento is that he's not a moron. Contract year=play well=get paid=start acting like a jerk again.

Is that how it goes? Ignore chemistry? Just go by talent? Didn't we fall into that trap with Ron? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....

Did Ron teach you guys anything?:wtf::irked::duh:

Mourning
05-16-2006, 02:28 PM
:amen:

Frank Slade
05-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Can we then start talking about (Restricted FA) Caron Butler..:innocent:

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/nba/img9173127.jpg.

:rolleyes:

btowncolt
05-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Can we then start talking about (Restricted FA) Caron Butler..:innocent:

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/nba/img9173127.jpg.

:rolleyes:

He signed a 6 year extension before the season.

Anthem
05-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Agreed. I've had all the knuckleheads I can handle.

05-16-2006, 02:46 PM
No problem for me, i never mentioned his name.. :)

Frank Slade
05-16-2006, 02:48 PM
He signed a 6 year extension before the season.

:disappoin I forgot. so Btown would you say Washington would be at willing to part with Caron ?

btowncolt
05-16-2006, 02:53 PM
:disappoin I forgot. so Btown would you say Washington would be at willing to part with Caron ?

Not from what I've heard out here. Some guy on the Metro said he liked him, so I think he's pretty much untouchable (though the guy next to me didn't seem to think that I was.....).

FrenchConnection
05-16-2006, 02:58 PM
No to Bonzi, No to Francis, No to Marburry.

Outsider
05-16-2006, 02:58 PM
But if we trade away JAX and Tinman who are we going to blame all the Pacers problems on?

BRING BONZI HOME!!!!

;):-p:devil:

btowncolt
05-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Back to the topic at hand, I agree Skaut.

Frank Slade
05-16-2006, 03:10 PM
Back to the topic at hand, I agree Skaut.
Reluctantly I agree. Although of course I have liked him as player from college.
Skaut makes some good points, and add to the fact that being back home, may even lead to other potential off court problems.
Given our recent track record, I don't see TPTB taking the chance.
Plus he really excels better at the 3 I think..

beast23
05-16-2006, 03:18 PM
The fact that some of you even type his name <Bonzi Wells> astounds me. After the wake of what Ron wrought, you guys would want to bring Bonzi here?

Thank you!

Unclebuck
05-16-2006, 03:34 PM
I do agree, but it was Mike Fratello who suspended him during last years playoffs

Slick Pinkham
05-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Didn't you hear that Ron Artest had a heart-to-heart with Bonzi and straightened him out?

Hicks
05-16-2006, 03:49 PM
I actually was posting this in another thread, but decided to give it a thread by itself because Bonzi's name keeps coming up in different threads as a guy wee should go after (oft-times in tandem with getting Brad back.)

The fact that some of you even type his name astounds me. After the wake of what Ron wrought, you guys would want to bring Bonzi here?

This is the guy who wouldn't leave the scene of a bar fight and was yelling obscenities at the officers.

This is the guy who was such a problem child for a great guy and coach like Hubie Brown that he ended being so disruptive to the team thatg they traded him for lesser value just to unload him.

He spit on Danny Ferry

Started a fight (threw the first punch) with Chris Mills and got suspended for two games.

Let's see...he was suspended for striking and abusing an official....suspended in last year's playoffs...got suspended for giving the finger to a fan...suspended for being the fight at Golden State.

Ferry's face.

Let me put it this way, if he was white and throwing arounf racial stuff like that, what would you think?

Playing for Jerry West in a great organization like that one and under non-abrasive coaches like Hubie Brown and Mike Fratello, Bonzi had this to say- ""*?&% it. They can trade me, all I care about is the 15th and 30th of the month (pay day)."

NooOOoow...here he is in a contract year, playing his best basketball. Hmm...I wonder why?! :rolleyes:

The guy has been disruptive on every team he's been on. The only reason he hasn't pulled anything in Sacramento is that he's not a moron. Contract year=play well=get paid=start acting like a jerk again.

Is that how it goes? Ignore chemistry? Just go by talent? Didn't we fall into that trap with Ron? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....

Thank you for reminding me why I said I hated his attitude in the other thread. So much so, in fact, that now that I have all of the details refreshed in my memory, I take back what I said in that thread. I don't want him at all.

SoupIsGood
05-16-2006, 03:53 PM

-snip-

Post of the offseason!

Tom White
05-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Thanks to Skaut for posting what I had been thinking while reading the other threads.

By the way.....

Does it NOT bother anybody else that O'Neal actually wants this guy to be here?

Does it NOT bother anybody else that O'Neal and a moron like Wells are such good friends?

It sure does bother me.

Fool
05-16-2006, 04:07 PM
Skaut,

Can you go to the Spurs boards and get them to stop posting about the refs?

Thanks
Fool

PacerMan
05-16-2006, 04:19 PM

He spit on Danny Ferry

Ferry's face.

A-FREAKING-men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kingsfanbmiller
05-16-2006, 04:44 PM
Thanks to Skaut for posting what I had been thinking while reading the other threads.

By the way.....

Does it NOT bother anybody else that O'Neal and a moron like Wells are such good friends?

It sure does bother me.

It's not your problem who he chooses to be friends with off the court though. You're not his dad.

Anyway-I don't want Bonzi to be a pacer either. He's one of my favorite players and I hope he stays in Sacramento(where he's been great).

efx
05-16-2006, 04:49 PM

By the way.....

It sure does bother me.

You should tell him you do not approve of the company he keeps.
How Bonzi wells got into the unpenetrable circle of classiness that is JO is beyond me.

Shade
05-16-2006, 04:54 PM
You should tell him you do not approve of the company he keeps.
How Bonzi wells got into the unpenetrable circle of classiness that is JO is beyond me.

You mean the circle that includes Sheed? ;) :shakehead

efx
05-16-2006, 04:56 PM
You mean the circle that includes Sheed? ;) :shakehead

And Marbury. Remember they had dinner last year. I can't believe it.

MagicRat
05-16-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm thinking 3 team deal and the Pacers bring Zach Randolph home, too.......:fight:

Evan_The_Dude
05-16-2006, 08:16 PM
I'll talk Bonzi as long as it takes to phase out the Francis talk...

Los Angeles
05-16-2006, 08:29 PM
I only want milk drinkers, choir boys and one Jehovah's Witness on the team next year.

(Harrison drinks milk right?)

Evan_The_Dude
05-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Has anyone figured out exactly what that meant yet? ^^

Frank Slade
05-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Has anyone figured out exactly what that meant yet? ^^

Larry Bird made the comment we dont just want Milk Drinker's here.
And Granger I believe is a Jehovah's Witnes...

Robertmto
05-16-2006, 10:49 PM
You're not getting Caron!!

wooolus
05-16-2006, 11:04 PM
Robertmto... SHUT UP!!! :-p

Tom White
05-17-2006, 10:18 AM
OK, guys, here's what I was trying to say.

Almost everyone agrees that the fewer knuckleheads that the team has, the better off the team is, right? Yet JO has promoted adding to the kncklehead total by bringing Wells to the Pacers.

Skaut outlined Wells' past transgressions pretty well. Do those actions and words (from Wells) not give some insight as to the guy's character, or lack thereof?

This team lacks, in my opinion, mental maturity and stability. Yet the guy that is supposed to be the team leader supports bringing onboard yet another disruptive malcontent?

Are the younger players on the team supposed to have respect for, and follow the "leadership" of a guy who promotes signing (and counts amoung his good friends) a jerk who spits on other players, calls them names, argues with his coaches, and gets multiple suspensions for a variety of infractions?

I could go on, but I'll just say this instead. If JO really wants Wells as a mate, I would rather trade JO to Wells' team than accept Wells on this team.

Since86
05-17-2006, 10:35 AM
Everyone who has a knucklehead for a friend thinks they can keep the other in line. Every time I go to a party, I see one really drunk guy trying to fight in a cussing fit, with one of his buddy's talking to him trying to calm him down.

It's the samething. JO feels like he'd be able to keep Bonzi toeing the line. It's human nature.

Fool
05-17-2006, 10:37 AM
You know, Penny Marshall drinks milk and pepsi.