PDA

View Full Version : Conrad Brunner's interesting Comments on WIBC (5-15-06)

Frank Slade
05-16-2006, 11:24 AM
Ok I was hoping some one else would have posted this, as I had just caught a portion of last night's interview on my way home.
(Conrad Brunner was on 1070 last night around 10:45 pm with Kevin Lee)

I will go ahead though and post what I could recall, as it was noteworthy

Kevin Lee had Conrad on last night , and touched on a number of issues for the Pacers Offseason.
Conrad is operating under the impression that Peja will be back, he believes the Pacers will aggresively try to Re- Sign Peja , Pacers feel he may not be max contract guy, but may stop just short of that to sign him. He felt that unless they are blown out of the water by a counter offer like the Brad Miller deal (sorry Hicks), then the Pacers should have him signed, considering everything he has heard from Peja is that he does wish to stay here.

In regards to JO he is under the Impression that he will probably not be traded . In response to the comments of JO needing another big guy and the feeling that we must get another Center on the team. He believe instead we should look more for someone to complement's JO's game (a player profile instead of an actual position).

Eluded to how when Croshere was in the line up and hitting his outside shots consistently,and how that took some pressure off O'neal.
Someone who had the size to bang in the middle and rebound but a perimeter shot as well. Which of course Kevin Lee Chimed in saying you have just described Brad Miller and, those guys are not abundant,
and how very few teams have two high caliber Big Guys etc....

Conrad would not mind seeing AJ start at the beginning of next year. indicated perhaps knowing up front he had the starting job, he could feel more free to take more of leadership Role on the team ala Mark Jackson. Although he is not sure if that is the answer at point, but would be comfortable with AJ / Sarunas. Also ( If I recall) though could see AJ even possibly traded in the right Scenario

In response to Jackon and Tinsley could definitely see or one both traded. Kevin Lee posed the problem of trading Tinsley is a little easier but trading Jackson, with Freddie a FA ?./ Conrad indicated with Peja coming back and you wold have Granger as an option, which would fit with what has been said lately on Granger.

Kevin Lee asked Conrad's thoughts in response to Bird's comments on certain unnamed individuals who were on a short lease, and how some may have to shape up or ship out.... Conrad indicated that those decisions have already been made, as in minds have already been made up
on some players, ( at least from what I gathered from his tone was certain players should already be packing their bag) that may have just been me though.

Lastly the only other part I could recall was in response to the upcoming draft, Conrad concluded the yearly saying on how this year's Draft is not too deep, (although I think this year may really be true) and that in his opinion whoever they picked up at 17 who probably not make that much of an impact. Although he did throw out that, this year may really be a scenario in which the Pacers do look to move up in the draft if they really have thier sights set on one Player that they believe can step in and make a difference. So a potential Draft Trade is not entirely out the question..

That's what I can remember , If anyone else heard this feel free to add or correct me.......:rolleyes:

Unclebuck
05-16-2006, 11:29 AM
I don't want to hi-jack this thread, but I think Brad Miller is available. The Maloofs are taking a more hands on approach and they are rerally into defense (imagine that) and from reading the Kings forum, I think Brad is available. Adelman had a few interesting things to say about Brad, about how he needs to work harder in the offseason especially has he gets older.

What would it take to get Brad. Kings are wanting an inside player who can block shots and rebound. We don't really have that, so

Frank Slade
05-16-2006, 11:46 AM
Also few sidenotes

I believe Kevin Lee will have Montieth on tonight sometime this evening. Mark will be commenting on Pacers and other topics.

sweabs
05-16-2006, 11:51 AM
Conrad concluded the yearly saying on how this year's Draft is not too deep.

Frank, thanks for posting the info.

The part I quoted struck me as a little odd. I don't see it that way at all. I don't think there are many "superstar-potential" guys in this years draft, but I do believe it is stockpiled with good solid players who can be players in this league for many years to come. Guys who could be good role players in their first few years in the league, and perhaps eventually work into becoming starting material.

purdue101
05-16-2006, 11:56 AM
I don't want to hi-jack this thread, but I think Brad Miller is available. The Maloofs are taking a more hands on approach and they are rerally into defense (imagine that) and from reading the Kings forum, I think Brad is available. Adelman had a few interesting things to say about Brad, about how he needs to work harder in the offseason especially has he gets older.

What would it take to get Brad. Kings are wanting an inside player who can block shots and rebound. We don't really have that, so

first, i think they would want one of our pg's as they have nothing behind bibby. the knock on the kings all year was that they had no backup pg. cap wise, aj & cro or sarunas & foster works.

bulletproof
05-16-2006, 11:59 AM

I don't see Larry or Donnie wanting Brad back.

Shade
05-16-2006, 12:00 PM
first, i think they would want one of our pg's as they have nothing behind bibby. the knock on the kings all year was that they had no backup pg. cap wise, aj & cro or sarunas & foster works.

Yeah, from what I can gather, they're looking for a back-up C and back-up PG.

Foster & Tins for Brad? Would the Pacers even want Brad back? Would the fans?

Brad has been a disappointment in Sactown, but he als hasn't played with another post presence like JO. I'd like to give him another shot here, personally. I just wish he made less money.

ChicagoJ
05-16-2006, 12:05 PM
I just wish he made less money.

I don't care about the money for the next season or two. Its the money in years 5-6-7 that scared me. Nobody in their right mind should've given Brad a seven-year deal.

RWB
05-16-2006, 12:07 PM

Unless this is the only way to get rid of one of your problem kids.

Shade
05-16-2006, 12:10 PM
We could expand the deal to get Bonzi, too. Maybe Bender's expiring contract and a re-signed Scot Pollard?

C - Miller/Hulk
PF - JO/Cro
SF - Peja/Granger
SG - Bonzi/Freddie
PG - AJ/Runi

That's pretty solid, and we could still try to move Jack for a new starting PG.

purdue101
05-16-2006, 12:11 PM
brad's contract is too much and too long for my liking. i would rather invest our long term cap to upgrade our backcourt issues, preferably SG.

Hicks
05-16-2006, 12:28 PM
His contract gets bloated, but I'd rather have an overpaid starting center than two overpaid backup power forwards (Bender and Croshere the past several years).

PacerMan
05-16-2006, 12:38 PM

Only if they've been watching a different Pacers team than the rest of us!!!
(they didn't want him to leave)

purdue101
05-16-2006, 12:41 PM
His contract gets bloated, but I'd rather have an overpaid starting center than two overpaid backup power forwards (Bender and Croshere the past several years).

true....cro and bender are coming off the books next summer. if we could get a cheap starting SG then I might be more open to having brad back. hassell is a guy that comes to mind.

Will Galen
05-16-2006, 12:45 PM

So would I, but that's hindsight. You don't give people big bucks expecting them to be backups, but it happens all the time.

Arcadian
05-16-2006, 12:46 PM
I'd be absolutely sick if we traded Brad because of the bad contract and then took him back when his contract was really bad.

Skaut_Ech
05-16-2006, 12:56 PM
first, i think they would want one of our pg's as they have nothing behind bibby. the knock on the kings all year was that they had no backup pg.

I was thinking the same thing, purdue101, about Bibby needing a backup, even an oft injured one. I could see the Kings having some interest.

The guy on the Kings I'd like to see us get is Kevin Martin. We'd have to do some kind of package, so I don't know how we could get him. Brad's simply too pricey. One thing is our favor is that I think they want some beef at the PF/C position, so maybe Pollard or Foster?

I keep thinking that they have some guys they could use and vice-versa. I wonder a little about Jamal Sampson's bball IQ, but I could see him helping us. Potapenko....maybe. Sergei? I could see them having interest in Jamall, Jeff, Scott, David....Despite our frequent dealing with them, I could see another deal down the road, spearheaded by us trading Tinsley to them.

Shade
05-16-2006, 01:00 PM
I still think we should go after Bonzi, Magloire, and Andre Miller this offseason.

C - Magloire
PF - JO
SF - Peja
SG - Bonzi
PG - Miller

:drool:

rexnom
05-16-2006, 01:07 PM
The thing is, if we get Brad Miller then JO all of a sudden will be like a whole new player. Also, you have to think team interest would go back up. If he's available then I think it's foolish NOT to go after him. As you see by this board, the majority of the fans love this guy. He loves being here and he fits in perfectly with our two main stars. Where do we sign up?

jcouts
05-16-2006, 01:13 PM

well, and if anyone recalls Brad's comments in an article written in the middle of the season, he said that as soon as his contract is up in Sacramento, he wants come back to Indiana for next to nothing, just to be able to live "at home" again. He went into detail about how he'll never know what to do with all the money he's getting paid in Sacto right now...had he said those comments in NYC, I'm sure it would have gotten a lot more press, but I can't imagine things like that sat well with the Maloofs.

Shade
05-16-2006, 01:20 PM
well, and if anyone recalls Brad's comments in an article written in the middle of the season, he said that as soon as his contract is up in Sacramento, he wants come back to Indiana for next to nothing, just to be able to live "at home" again. He went into detail about how he'll never know what to do with all the money he's getting paid in Sacto right now...had he said those comments in NYC, I'm sure it would have gotten a lot more press, but I can't imagine things like that sat well with the Maloofs.

Yeah, I remember that.

Can NBA players re-negotiate their contracts? Didn't Boozer do that before he screwed Cleveland?

beast23
05-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Personally, I'd rather not have anybody overpaid at all.

Shade - Even if the Pacers wanted Bonzi and his baggage, they could not afford him with the contracts they'd be paying to JO, Cro, Brad and Peja. Bonzi i making over $8M right now, and he will certainly want $10M or more when he re-signs. From my perspective... I want nothing to do with him, anyway.

If the Kings are serious about getting rid of Brad, and they want a defensive shot-blocker in return, then I think Harrison is the one they'd want. Don't know if we'd be willing to give him up, but that would get rid of one more player that seems to lose control on the court.

If the Pacers are looking to move up quite a few places in the draft, I think that would be how they'd get rid of either Tinsley or Jackson. That would take care of on more problem child.

Now all we need to do is figure out how to get rid of the other one.

bulletproof
05-16-2006, 01:33 PM
DW and Bird are not going to bring Brad back. Period. I'm not going to go into the reasons why because we'd get into the same old argument. But this discussion is pointless. Shame on UB for bringing it up!

Will Galen
05-16-2006, 01:48 PM
DW and Bird are not going to bring Brad back. Period. I'm not going to go into the reasons why because we'd get into the same old argument. But this discussion is pointless. Shame on UB for bringing it up!

I agree!

Nowdays I think I agree with you more than any other poster.

. . . hmmm, wonder if I should tell this to my doctor my next visit? (giggle, giggle, snort)

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-16-2006, 05:16 PM
What? no comments on Carlisle?

Evan_The_Dude
05-16-2006, 08:39 PM
I wouldn't mind us taking a look at the odd man out in Sacramento... Francisco Garcia.

Frank Slade
05-16-2006, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't mind us taking a look at the odd man out in Sacramento... Francisco Garcia.
Interesting.. yes, certainly was a baller at Louisville. Good shooting stroke.

Kegboy
05-16-2006, 09:06 PM
I would be very, very happy if we got Garcia. I try not to think about the fact we almost had either he or Martin back in January, before that :censored: :censored: :censored: cow :censored: :censored: opened his :censored: :censored: :censored: pie :censored:!

:pissed:

larry
05-17-2006, 02:36 AM
AJ IS THE POINT GUARD FOR US!!

Peck
05-17-2006, 03:42 AM

The irony of all of this is this.

I agree with you.

Kingsfanbmiller
05-17-2006, 04:40 AM
The problem is if we trade Brad we still need a back up center-heck we'd need a starting center. At this point I'm not against trading him but I wonder if he can play like the guy that kings fans loved seeing(03-04 Brad Miller). With Bonzi+Ron in the post you also need a jump shooter like Brad Miller to spread the floor.

If the Pacers wanted Brad back maybe a 3 way deal could work.

PacerMan
05-17-2006, 08:39 AM
I'd be absolutely sick if we traded Brad because of the bad contract and then took him back when his contract was really bad.

And i"d be sick if we went from being a championship contender to barely making the playoffs.
Oh................