PDA

View Full Version : Sheed: "Even the sun shines on a dog's ***."

Shade
05-15-2006, 10:58 PM
What a pompous jackass. Way to man up Sheed, you scrub.

Fireball Kid
05-15-2006, 11:03 PM
He really needs to shut the hell up.

Unclebuck
05-15-2006, 11:04 PM
I think he's good for entertainment

rexnom
05-15-2006, 11:04 PM
I think you guys need to lighten up...

I'm starting to like him more and more. Again, grain of salt.

From espn.com...

When the arena's "Kiss Cam" focused on Detroit's bench, Rasheed Wallace pursed his lips and tried to plant one on Billups. ...

"I'm all right," Wallace said. "Don't send me to the glue factory yet. It's nothing that hasn't happened before."

Hicks
05-15-2006, 11:06 PM
Why does Sheed get a pass for being classless? Entertaining or not, it blows my mind.

efx
05-15-2006, 11:08 PM
Why does Sheed get a pass for being classless? Entertaining or not, it blows my mind.

Are you saying he should be punished for his comments?

Unclebuck
05-15-2006, 11:10 PM

He's not on the Pacers so why should I really care. Unless you does something really bad

pizza guy
05-15-2006, 11:15 PM
He's not on the Pacers so why should I really care. Unless you does something really bad

Because he is still representing the NBA, of which the Pacers are a part. His classlessness (is that a word?) reflects poorly on the league and its players. But, Hicks, he gets his pass because...well, I think he said it best in his most recent soundbite that happens to rhyme with "he gets his pass."

CableKC
05-15-2006, 11:18 PM
I think that Hicks is responding to rexnom's comments about Sheed. I just think that Sheed likes to hear himself speak....and given the team that is backing up his comments...can actually back up his mouth with their actions ( as in actually win the game if they really tried ).....he's more prone to say stuff like this.

Isaac
05-15-2006, 11:19 PM

That's pretty much the way I see it. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to see the SOB get his words shoved up his ***, but it doesn't make me mad in anyway.

8.9_seconds
05-15-2006, 11:20 PM
It's just because it's Sheed, lighten up People.

Shade
05-15-2006, 11:22 PM
It's just because it's Sheed, lighten up People.

It's the way he said it too. He was obviously being a sore loser. The only reason Sheed hasn't been "old Sheed" in Detroit is because they're winning. If the Pistons start to struggle, well...you see who rears his ugly head again.

Hicks
05-15-2006, 11:23 PM
I long for the day you don't contradict what you reply to. :smirk:

Seriously though, no, I'm referring to the people in this thread.

For the record, I'm not mad. I just see a guy being a total jerk, and he's getting a total free pass anyway. That bothers me (if only a little). I don't care what uniform he's wearing. He could be some schmuck fan for all I care.

Shade
05-15-2006, 11:33 PM
I love this one:

"I ain't worried about these cats," he said. "There's no way in hell they beat us in a series. They played well. I give them credit. We lost. We shot 30 percent and they had to play their best to beat us."

The Cavs shot 42.6% (64.7% from the line) and committed 18 turnovers. LeBron shot 34.8% and committed 8 turnovers. How, exactly, did the Cavs play their best?

pizza guy
05-15-2006, 11:36 PM
The way this series is going, 'Sheed better hope his team backs up his words...

CableKC
05-15-2006, 11:40 PM
I long for the day you don't contradict what you reply to. :smirk:

Seriously though, no, I'm referring to the people in this thread.

For the record, I'm not mad. I just see a guy being a total jerk, and he's getting a total free pass anyway. That bothers me (if only a little). I don't care what uniform he's wearing. He could be some schmuck fan for all I care.

I sort of see it your way.......instead of being a classy guy and saying that the Cavs were the better team...or that the Pistons didn't step up....he not only crosses the line of being a jerk about it....he throws up on it.

There is a fine line between talking out of your @ss and being an @ss....and Sheed always finds a way to cross it.

Robertmto
05-16-2006, 12:15 AM
Because he is still representing the NBA, of which the Pacers are a part. His classlessness (is that a word?) reflects poorly on the league and its players. But, Hicks, he gets his pass because...well, I think he said it best in his most recent soundbite that happens to rhyme with "he gets his pass."

Blah Blah, mad cause of the Pacer thing...

grace
05-16-2006, 12:27 AM
I think he's good for entertainment

So's Ron Artest when he's not :censored: up your team.

Anthem
05-16-2006, 01:14 AM
Anybody think the Cavs wouldn't beat Miami?

LaBron is basically 2 wins away from coming out of the East. Crazy.

Fireball Kid
05-16-2006, 01:26 AM

You mean 6 wins?

Roy Munson
05-16-2006, 01:41 AM
It's entertaining to listen to him and marvel at how stupid some human beings can be.

rexnom
05-16-2006, 01:44 AM

Wow that is crazy. I am really rooting for this, now.

p.s. props on the save the internet thing. I made it my buddyicon on aim and i put it on my blog, im about to go add it to my signature.

owl
05-16-2006, 06:53 AM

Did we expect any less from Sheed???
No surprise here.

owl

Fool
05-16-2006, 08:56 AM
This thread, not so good.

05-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Kstat? :lurk:

Rinuven
05-16-2006, 10:05 AM
The only reason Sheed hasn't been "old Sheed" in Detroit is because they're winning. If the Pistons start to struggle, well...you see who rears his ugly head again.

I've always felt the same way. He and Artest are of the same mold (Sheed slightly more stable). Very competitive, good players. But when things don't go well, unpredictable at best.

As much as I'd like to see the Cavs beat Detroit, I think this year's champion has emerged with its third win over the Spurs. Is there anyone else here that doesn't think they are playing the best basketball right now?

Big Smooth
05-16-2006, 10:43 AM
I'm with Unclebuck on this one, I enjoy the entertainment value. And if he ends up having to eat his words, all the better. :D

ChicagoJ
05-16-2006, 11:26 AM
In today's NBA, when a guy has a competitve fire like Rasheed, the public tends to bash him for not being PC/ classy enough.

I'm glad I never had a camera or microphone stuffed in my face after a bad game.

Would you rather he stand on the court and hug everyone after a Pistons loss and act like it was no big deal?

Since86
05-16-2006, 11:31 AM
In today's NBA, when a guy has a competitve fire like Rasheed, the public tends to bash him for not being PC/ classy enough.

I'm glad I never had a camera or microphone stuffed in my face after a bad game.

Would you rather he stand on the court and hug everyone after a Pistons loss and act like it was no big deal?

He'll say the exact same crap, two days after the game. Let's not give him a pass because it was right after a loss.

If Ron had said anything remote to this, you'd been ready to jump of the Sears Tower. Hell, if JO said anything like this you'd start climbing.

I guess his competitive fire leads him to breaking his own season technical foul records as well too.

McClintic Sphere
05-16-2006, 11:44 AM
I guess from Sheed's comments we can expect him to be wearing sunglasses today.

Suaveness
05-16-2006, 11:45 AM
I think it's rather funny, considering we aren't on the receiving end of this.....

ChicagoJ
05-16-2006, 11:55 AM
He'll say the exact same crap, two days after the game. Let's not give him a pass because it was right after a loss.

If Ron had said anything remote to this, you'd been ready to jump of the Sears Tower. Hell, if JO said anything like this you'd start climbing.

I guess his competitive fire leads him to breaking his own season technical foul records as well too.

(Looking from my 16th floor window across the river and way, way, way up to the Sears Tower...)

Well, sure... there's a middle groud somewhere.

beast23
05-16-2006, 12:31 PM
For the record, I'm not mad. I just see a guy being a total jerk, and he's getting a total free pass anyway. That bothers me (if only a little). I don't care what uniform he's wearing. He could be some schmuck fan for all I care.Agreed. But it does make you want to beat the Pistons more than anything else.

But - 'Sheed has been a good citizen in Cleveland. And I'll go on record right now as saying I wish we had him on our team.

Los Angeles
05-16-2006, 12:39 PM
I guess from Sheed's comments we can expect him to be wearing sunglasses today.
HAHAHA - took me a minute, but I got it. :dunce:

Moses
05-16-2006, 12:54 PM
What else is new? Rasheed Wallace is an ***.

Also, I'm honored to be posting in this legendary thread.

CompACE
05-16-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm a Pacers fan - always have and always will be - but I've got to admit that comments like that just make the NBA even more fun to watch. You first two posters need to lighten up.

Shade
05-16-2006, 04:58 PM
I'm a Pacers fan - always have and always will be - but I've got to admit that comments like that just make the NBA even more fun to watch. You first two posters need to lighten up.

Just because it's entertaining doesn't mean it's acceptable.

I think it's entertaining as hell watching random people get beaten down on TV. But since it's entertaining and doesn't affect me directly, I guess it's okay. :rolleyes:

Kingsfanbmiller
05-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Sheed is hilarious:laugh: . I hope the pistons blow the cavs out by 40 tomorrow just because.

Shade
05-16-2006, 05:17 PM
I'm going to assume that most of you saying "Sheed is hilarious!" didn't see the actual clip of this quote. He was obviously bitter and being a sore loser. If a Pacer said anything remotely like this he would be crucified. I'm with Hicks in wondering why this guy gets a free pass from everyone.

Big Smooth
05-16-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm going to assume that most of you saying "Sheed is hilarious!" didn't see the actual clip of this quote. He was obviously bitter and being a sore loser. If a Pacer said anything remotely like this he would be crucified. I'm with Hicks in wondering why this guy gets a free pass from everyone.

You and Hicks at the very least don't like it so you can't say he is getting a free pass from everyone. You aren't giving him a free pass. ;)

Different people have different opinions. Some of us find Sheed's behavior entertaining, some don't. Not sure what else you are looking for.

Shade
05-16-2006, 05:27 PM
You and Hicks at the very least don't like it so you can't say he is getting a free pass from everyone. You aren't giving him a free pass. ;)

Different people have different opinions. Some of us find Sheed's behavior entertaining, some don't. Not sure what else you are looking for.

I just sense a double standard, that's all.

Big Smooth
05-16-2006, 05:35 PM
I just sense a double standard, that's all.

How so?

Myself, I don't feel a double standard, at least not for myself. I find Sheed entertaining just as I found Reggie entertaining when he grabbed his neck with one hand and his crotch with the other hand while giving the business to Spike Lee in Game 5 of the '94 ECF. Reggie used to be one of the more hated players for opposing fans in the league, Sheed holds a similar title. Perhaps the reasons are a bit different but in both cases I'm seeing it as showmanship.

Rasheed made watching Game 4 and the remainder of this series A LOT more interesting to me because for me, it's fun to see how it plays out. Last night Cleveland gave the best middle finger response to Sheed possible, which was to beat Detroit and make him eat his words. ;)

Shade
05-16-2006, 05:40 PM
How so?

Myself, I don't feel a double standard, at least not for myself. I find Sheed entertaining just as I found Reggie entertaining when he grabbed his neck with one hand and his crotch with the other hand while giving the business to Spike Lee in Game 5 of the '94 ECF. Reggie used to be one of the more hated players for opposing fans in the league, Sheed holds a similar title. Perhaps the reasons are a bit different but in both cases I'm seeing it as showmanship.

Rasheed made watching Game 4 and the remainder of this series A LOT more interesting to me because for me, it's fun to see how it plays out. Last night Cleveland gave the best middle finger response to Sheed possible, which was to beat Detroit and make him eat his words. ;)

Because some of those who say they find Sheed entertaining would likely castrate a Pacer if he pulled the same stunt.

And with the Reggie/Spike Lee thing, IIRC, Spike started it. ;) And Reggie's antics ended off the court. Sheed is just a classless bum.

Big Smooth
05-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Because some of those who say they find Sheed entertaining would likely castrate a Pacer if he pulled the same stunt.

And with the Reggie/Spike Lee thing, IIRC, Spike started it. ;) And Reggie's antics ended off the court. Sheed is just a classless bum.

I don't care if a Pacer talks smack as long as they back it up. I'd say you could easily flip your scenario of Sheed on the Pacers; how would many of Reggie's oncourt antics have played to the taste of Pacer fans if he were a New York Knick doing those things against us? ;)

Agreed on Sheed having issues beyond the court. But he seems to have left that baggage behind in Portland so far. His current "misdeeds" seem limited to technical fouls and sound bites.

Kingsfanbmiller
05-16-2006, 05:58 PM
I love trash talk like this though. I don't care if he was being a sore loser or not-I find it funny/entertaining. If an Indiana pacer said it to the heat/cavs/etc(some other team I dislike here) I would love it too. Lebron annoys the hell out of me so I want to see him lose.

Jermaniac
05-17-2006, 09:58 PM
Wow this guy is just great. They have a 2-1 lead, and this dude opens his big mouth and motivates the Cavs to kick the **** out of them. Now you are down 3-2, and after you lost game 4 you opened your dumbass mouth again and motivated the Cavs to win again. Hasheesh you are amazing. I bet the Cavs players love you.

Too bad our team doesnt have a heart like the Cavs team does and got motivated when this fool ****ed on them 2 times the last 2 series we played against them.

pizza guy
05-17-2006, 10:33 PM
I think it's absolutely hilarious that Detroit is down 3-2 now. "This'll be the last game of the season in this arena..." Right, now it might be your last game of the season, in that arena.

Jon Theodore
05-17-2006, 10:49 PM
CAVS VS MAVS = FINALS

Los Angeles
05-17-2006, 11:02 PM
Me so happy.

Kstat
05-17-2006, 11:09 PM
We'll see who has the last laugh.....

Sheed's fighting for his spot on the team now,and he knows it. He'll be the first player to have his head roll over this.

bulletproof
05-17-2006, 11:14 PM
:laugh:

sweabs
05-17-2006, 11:16 PM
Detroit will still win this series out. Does anyone honestly see the Cavs knocking them off in the Eastern Semis? No way.

You have to fall in the playoffs before you can really advance far into things...and I think the pressure is really going to get to the Cavs.

Another thing. Is Larry Hughes coming back? He could really upset the chemistry as well, and it would be a good thing for Detroit obviously. Hell, the Pistons aren't afraid/nervous. They've been in worse situations than this I'm sure. It's the Cavs who are shaking in their boots right now...it's their series to lose.

CableKC
05-17-2006, 11:21 PM
We'll see who has the last laugh.....

You mean the Cavs?

Just kidding.......this is the Pistons we are talking about.....against an inexperieinced playoff team like the Cavs.....a 3-2 deficit in the series means nothing. I can easily see them pull off 2 straight wins to go meet the Heat in the ECF.

The only thing I can say is that I am surprised that the Pistons are in this situation. I know that Sheed was injured.....but was it a huge factor in the game?

Kstat
05-17-2006, 11:25 PM
Sheed has yet to really play in the 4th quarter of the last 2 games. He's been in bad foul trouble.

CableKC
05-17-2006, 11:29 PM
Sheed has yet to really play in the 4th quarter of the last 2 games. He's been in bad foul trouble.

Welcome to the world of the Pacers....when one of your most valuable players get injured and can't stay out of foul trouble.

I still see the Pistons making this a 7 game series.

I heard on the radio the Refs were essentially giving the game to the Cavs. Lebron was getting all the good calls and the Pistons were getting the short end of the stick.

Kstat
05-17-2006, 11:35 PM
Welcome to the world of the Pacers....when one of your most valuable players get injured and can't stay out of foul trouble.

I still see the Pistons making this a 7 game series.

I heard on the radio the Refs were essentially giving the game to the Cavs. Lebron was getting all the good calls and the Pistons were getting the short end of the stick.

Oh absolutely the 4th quarter was totally one-sided in terms of officiating.

Billup's 5th foul was one of the 5 worst calls made all playoffs. It took away a game-tying dunk, it was a ticky-tac foul, and on top of all that, Sideshow Bob was in the charge circle, AND he was moving.

But we should have won the game anyway. I'll never use that as an excuse.

pizza guy
05-17-2006, 11:36 PM
Watching the end of that game (I only caught aboult the last 2:30), the refs totally swallowed their whistles. Billups fouled out, then Varejao, then Z, and the whistle hardly ever blew again. After B. Wallace missed his second free throw and went for the rbd, he about killed Lebron. I know it's the playoffs, but wow, that was a very bad missed call. They went the other way too though. Like on the very last posession when Rip tried to go baseline, that could've easily been a foul - but, it's 3-2 now!

Kegboy
05-17-2006, 11:54 PM
Detroit will still win this series out. Does anyone honestly see the Cavs knocking them off in the Eastern Semis? No way.

You have to fall in the playoffs before you can really advance far into things...and I think the pressure is really going to get to the Cavs.

Another thing. Is Larry Hughes coming back? He could really upset the chemistry as well, and it would be a good thing for Detroit obviously. Hell, the Pistons aren't afraid/nervous. They've been in worse situations than this I'm sure. It's the Cavs who are shaking in their boots right now...it's their series to lose.

Do you really believe that being up 3-2 and having your second best player coming back is a bad thing, or are you just pulling an Indytoad?

Isaac
05-18-2006, 12:00 AM
Oh absolutely the 4th quarter was totally one-sided in terms of officiating.

Billup's 5th foul was one of the 5 worst calls made all playoffs. It took away a game-tying dunk, it was a ticky-tac foul, and on top of all that, Sideshow Bob was in the charge circle, AND he was moving.

But we should have won the game anyway. I'll never use that as an excuse.

Is it just me or has this been the theme of losing teams this entire playoffs.

Kstat
05-18-2006, 12:02 AM
Is it just me or has this been the theme of losing teams this entire playoffs.

The officiating has been very poor for everybody. This is the first year I've seen it this bad. Barkley pointed this out as well.

Jay Ohh
05-18-2006, 12:22 AM
Looks like Sheed pissed them off. And to add to the fact that he didn't back up his trash talk, he and Flip got T'd up in the fourth. And of course they go on to lose by two.

Way to go Rasheed. Keep the good times coming.

sweabs
05-18-2006, 12:25 AM
Do you really believe that being up 3-2 and having your second best player coming back is a bad thing, or are you just pulling an Indytoad?

A little of both...if that makes sense. Is it even possible? :D

Thought I'd give the reverse karma thing a try for this one...although, in games where Hughes was actually playing.............

VF21
05-18-2006, 01:43 AM
Okay, am I the only one who still gets distracted by the hole on the back of Sheed's head?

I'm reminded of the quote from Top Gun, "Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash."

The Cavs are lean and hungry. The last thing Rasheed Wallace needs to be doing is putting a pork chop around his neck and running in front of them...

Big Smooth
05-18-2006, 02:33 AM
The dog's *** is going to develop skin cancer if this keeps up much longer.

317Kim
05-18-2006, 06:19 AM
The dog's *** is going to develop skin cancer if this keeps up much longer.

:lmao:

I don't think the Cavs should get too high off these wins..three in a row..because it's VERY possible the Pistons could win the next two games. ;)

sc
05-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Not going to happen, the Pistons have fallen into a very bad trap and it has nothing to do Rasheed. The entire team did not and does not respect the Cavaliers. They are doing what teams did to them.

Those 2 T's were not that bad, it was mister not playing defense all series and shooting 0-7 from the ft line that has been the most disappointing.

To be honest if the pistons even come close to offer Wallace anything close to double digits they are fools.

CableKC
05-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Those 2 T's were not that bad, it was mister not playing defense all series and shooting 0-7 from the ft line that has been the most disappointing.

This sounds all too familiar....I could swear that the exact words above have been uttered in many Pacer Game threads this season.

BoomBaby31
05-18-2006, 05:42 PM
It's almost like Detroit is playing at a 50% level, just wanting these games to blow over to face Miami. OR maybe Lebron is just that good. I hope so bad that the Cavs can pull this off. To be even better I think they can beat Miami better and be in the Finals! Cavs in The Finals! All we are going to here if this happens is: Lebron or Jordan? Who is the most dominate player? Jordan had Pippen. Lebron has noone lol

LjuboDaMan
05-19-2006, 02:07 AM

God help the sun never shines on Sheeds ***.

Big Smooth
05-19-2006, 05:01 AM
Cavs in The Finals! All we are going to here if this happens is: Lebron or Jordan? Who is the most dominate player? Jordan had Pippen. Lebron has noone lol

Meh. At Lebron's age, MJ did not have Pippen and had to deal with the Celtics/Lakers. Even with Pippen, the Bulls were not going to overcome Bird's Celtics or Magic's Lakers.

DisplacedKnick
05-19-2006, 07:00 AM
All we are going to here if this happens is: Lebron or Jordan? Who is the most dominate player? Jordan had Pippen. Lebron has noone lol

Well, if we get into that discussion, with apologies to Kobe and T-Mac, Lebron is the first player who can get a good shot just about whenever he decides he wants to since MJ. The difference is, Michael did that by practicing very tough shots (the fadeaway where he didn't just fade but leaped away from defenders) until they became almost automatic. Lebron just does it. Lebron's basketball IQ is amazing (most of the time) - has anyone known how to split a doubleteam that well at such a young age? Artest is the only player with the combination of strength, agility & size who can give him trouble - and he goes into brain-lock on a regular basis.

Right now I still like Lebron just like I liked MJ until about the 2nd title. If he becomes too dominant I'll start to look at him like I did Jordan later - especially if the league uses him to beef up ISO-ball just when we're finally getting away from it.